Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
In World History, we were talking about Liberals vs. Conservatives the other day.

My history teacher is very obviously conservative, as are basically the rest of my school.

He was saying how liberals want change, conservatives want traditions, etc. I agree with that.

Then he went on to say how now, because everything is becoming all "Liberalized" in the U.S. (Ha? xD) you're not allowed to say Merry Christmas or whatever in stores.

And our vacation in the winter is now called "Winter Break" as opposed to "Christmas Break".

quote teacher: "THEY'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF CHRISTMAS! AND EASTER TOO!"

quote... all other kids in class but me "HO NOES! NOT CHRISTMAS!"

discuzz. <3
Quote Mr. Grobe (Who is Jewish): MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Me: "Uh. G-robe? Aren't you a Jew?

Grobe: "Who cares what religion you are? It's CHRISTMAS! You don't have to celebrate it, or believe in Christianity to be in the Christmas spirit!"

Me: "Dude, you're high aren't you?"

Grobe: "No. I'm a Jew on Christmas."

User Image
If i could vote I'd vote green or NDP. They rock! they like Christmas!
I'll admit, I'm polytheistic and a liberal. But seriously, there's too much emphasis on 'political correctness' from the extreme liberals lately. I mean, if you can't say Merry Christmas to someone in a store, there's some seriously bad things going on in our world. Christmas is a holiday practised all over the world, even in *gasp* countries that aren't predominantly Christian! *smacks idiots* Get over it and have a Merry Christmas already.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Metal Gear Headshot

Grobe: "Who cares what religion you are? It's CHRISTMAS! You don't have to celebrate it, or believe in Christianity to be in the Christmas spirit!"

User Image

XD Jews kick a**.
s**t, Celebrate your Holiday as much as you want, advertise for it, do whatever the ******** you want with it, just so long as it doesn't directly interfere with my life, I could care less. Now then, you start caroling on my doorstep, I will shoot you for trespassing, as at that point, you'll be interupting my life.
I love tradition too but I don't think that they should be set as a "standard" or removed for everyone else's religion. Taking away christmas and just saying happy holidays or "winterfest" is taking away culture in my opinion. I don't consider myself neither conservative or liberal.
Metal Gear Headshot

User Image
Seriously, that is ******** awesome! I wish I had a teacher like that.
People say Merry Christmas to me all the time. I don't care, I'm not Christian. I celebrate commercial Christmas. If they want to spread their commercialized religious to me, no problem, I just want presents.

I am a very poor Buddhist.
Really, it's just silly people interpreting the First Amendment in a certain way. Most liberals don't have this obsession with obliterating any religious overtone in society. I know I don't. I love da Chrismukkah. -Glomps Jesus and Moses-
mmmmeh, I hate liberals. I hate conservatives too. but, if I had to hate one more than the other, I'd hate liberals more, because they'll never stop complaining. ever.
I'm a liberal and i wouldn't dream of getting rid of Christmas i just think that Channukah and the other holidays should be equally represented
It's not that they're getting rid of Christmas.. silly conservatives. It's just trying to be all-inclusive, since not everybody celebrates Christmas. That's why I say "happy holidays" unless I know which holidays, exactly, that person will be celebrating. And technically, it is an okay thing to say, even to those that celebrate Christmas, since the holiday season also includes New Years. One hoilday + another holiday = holidays. Hence, Happy Holidays.

And if they called it Christmas Break, that would be misleading. Since, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, Buddhist, etc. children also get time off. And the break is not just for Christmas. It includes Hanukkah, Kwanza, New Years, Yule, and whatever else there is. Like Festivus. wink And it occurs in the winter season. I believe it's aptly named.
Metal Gear Headshot

User Image
.x. That made me laugh. x] .x.

User Image

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Robyn_Eristh
I'll admit, I'm polytheistic and a liberal. But seriously, there's too much emphasis on 'political correctness' from the extreme liberals lately. I mean, if you can't say Merry Christmas to someone in a store, there's some seriously bad things going on in our world. Christmas is a holiday practised all over the world, even in *gasp* countries that aren't predominantly Christian! *smacks idiots* Get over it and have a Merry Christmas already.

I frankly don't care. I'm not a Christian, but I do celebrate Christmas. XD

I just think it's stupid that a teacher is going around telling kids that Liberals are "Getting rid of Christmas".

For Christ's sake, not everyone celebrates Christmas. If they're Muslim, they really aren't going on Christmas break, so why the hell call it that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff