Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soma Mahanon
Vermunium
Nice sticky reset surprised

It's good to see freshness anyways.
Being a one-sided player on the console field is bad for you, it just jades your view, and you don't look to smart either when you try to compare.

Words of wisdom.

I try to see things from all sides.
Beramode
Ah, the 3DO. domokun Is it wrong that I still want one of those? And I just listed the main ones that I could think of. I really didn't take into consideration the odd offshoots here and there, though if someone really wanted to compare them with other consoles of a similar time period the conversation would be welcome here.

I'm not much of a movie person, so I guess the ability to play movies on my PSP is kind of lost on me. But err, I can watch Japanese movies if I really want to?

I've done all my own CFC edits. Started when it was a big thing on Livejournal a few years back. I don't really do it anymore.

And I don't see having any sort of bias toward a console as being bad. That's what the industry runs on, having choices. Just that, of course, there's quite a difference between liking a company and having blind loyalty.

It always weird me out when people suggest that SEGA fans should like Nintendo now since they're the "only company left from back then" or whatever. What? I don't go out of my way to hate Nintendo, but that's kind of a silly reason to switch over. I'm not an outspoken fan of any of the big three right now, but I seem to own a fair amount of Sony stuff. Just because I like it, not because it's Sony.

The 3DO was just too exspensive thats what there problem was if I had a choice though I would have gotten a Sega CD. 3nodding

Dapper Lunatic

Vermunium

Being a one-sided player on the console field is bad for you, it just jades your view, and you don't look to smart either when you try to compare.
I don't quite understand why people do so with a single company only. Like only having nintendo consoles and handhelds. Doing so is just limiting you to the number of games you can play, and enjoy. Having and open mind makes gaming more fun, and varried.
Darkmoleman
Beramode
Ah, the 3DO. domokun Is it wrong that I still want one of those? And I just listed the main ones that I could think of. I really didn't take into consideration the odd offshoots here and there, though if someone really wanted to compare them with other consoles of a similar time period the conversation would be welcome here.

I'm not much of a movie person, so I guess the ability to play movies on my PSP is kind of lost on me. But err, I can watch Japanese movies if I really want to?

I've done all my own CFC edits. Started when it was a big thing on Livejournal a few years back. I don't really do it anymore.

And I don't see having any sort of bias toward a console as being bad. That's what the industry runs on, having choices. Just that, of course, there's quite a difference between liking a company and having blind loyalty.

It always weird me out when people suggest that SEGA fans should like Nintendo now since they're the "only company left from back then" or whatever. What? I don't go out of my way to hate Nintendo, but that's kind of a silly reason to switch over. I'm not an outspoken fan of any of the big three right now, but I seem to own a fair amount of Sony stuff. Just because I like it, not because it's Sony.

The 3DO was just too exspensive thats what there problem was if I had a choice though I would have gotten a Sega CD. 3nodding

I have one of those suckers. I got it instead of a Nintendo 64 for christmas one year. I found myself playing Sonic CD and Sewer Shark all too much.
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

I don't quite understand why people do so with a single company only. Like only having nintendo consoles and handhelds. Doing so is just limiting you to the number of games you can play, and enjoy. Having and open mind makes gaming more fun, and varried.

I agree, I just never understood the fact of just liking one company, other than trying to look cool, but I ask, "To who?"
Chichok
Darkmoleman
But Veras Ive been doing it for yrs its fun..... xd I promised myself that I wouldnt mod anymore consoles my ultimat xbox mod was the final mod for me. wink

Name of the game: Don't get caught xd

Exactly Ive been getting my consoles modded since the PS1. 3nodding
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

Because each company has a good side. A person sees this and they think it's the best thing ever. They become lazy minded and think "Why should I look at other companies? I'm happy right now" and to stay in that 'happy state' they'll defend their comany to the end...or until they at least smarten up and realize there's a bad side too xd
Darkmoleman
Chichok
Darkmoleman
But Veras Ive been doing it for yrs its fun..... xd I promised myself that I wouldnt mod anymore consoles my ultimat xbox mod was the final mod for me. wink

I just get any PSX under the 9000 series console and I can use my plug mod to play burned games instead of soddering in a Mod chip.

Dapper Lunatic

Chichok
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

Because each company has a good side. A person sees this and they think it's the best thing ever. They become lazy minded and think "Why should I look at other companies? I'm happy right now" and to stay in that 'happy state' they'll defend their comany to the end...or until they at least smarten up and realize there's a bad side too xd
But its a form of entertainment, not a religion or country. One isn't going to attack you, and the other isn't going to try and convert you. People don't only buy books from a certain publisher, or watch movies of a single person, so why do so with video games? They make themselves limited, then insult the others because they're cultists. Nevermind, I don't want to know or gain a new enemy.
Vermunium
Darkmoleman
Chichok
Darkmoleman

I just get any PSX under the 9000 series console and I can use my plug mod to play burned games instead of soddering in a Mod chip.

I soddered in a mod chip into my PS1 and my PS2(But I couldnt play online with the mod chip in.One of the reasons Im not modding my consoles anymore),and I modded my XBOX which is insane(I can play on xbox live with that xbox because theres a switch on the side that removes the mod chip.)
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

But its a form of entertainment, not a religion or country. One isn't going to attack you, and the other isn't going to try and convert you. People don't only buy books from a certain publisher, or watch movies of a single person, so why do so with video games? They make themselves limited, then insult the others because they're cultists. Nevermind, I don't want to know or gain a new enemy.

Some people do watch movies only because an actor is in it, go to a concert onloy because one band is in it, or read a book solely because of one author wrote it.

It's illogical as hell, but it does exist.

ANyways, it makes no sense to me either. Dedication to one console only limits you from gaming.
Langlen
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

Some people do watch movies only because an actor is in it, go to a concert onloy because one band is in it, or read a book solely because of one author wrote it.

ANyways, it makes no sense to me either. Dedication to one console only limits you from gaming.

Well, I have dedication to Nintendo, but I still grace all of the other consoles. At the moment I've been playing my PS2 more than my gamecube.

Dapper Lunatic

Langlen
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

I understand that, but people don't ONLY see those movies and read those books and nothing else. Doing so because you're a fan is understandable. Limiting yourself because you cut yourself in the name of a entertainment producer is just... weird.
There's acutally a current topic derived from something I said......

Sweet! xd
Vermunium
Langlen
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Veras Gunn
Vermunium

Well, I have dedication to Nintendo, but I still grace all of the other consoles. At the moment I've been playing my PS2 more than my gamecube.

Mine depends on what game I'm playing. Like, right now, I'm playing MMX8.

Which, by the way, is underrated.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces