Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soma Mahanon
You know what needs to be sticky?

Sex in the Somapagne room 3nodding

Seriously, I've been a multi-console kind of gamer ever since 2002. I've long grown out of my "blind loyalty" and do not dare to go back to that (just for those who want to know, Sony was that company I was like that with).

I'm so dedicated to staying like this that I'm going to buy an X-Box soon, and continue to expand my Gamecube playlist. If I had the cash, I'd get a PSP and a DS.

I just like games. I hate limiting myself with something I like.

Took the words out of my mouth. I just got tired of buying only Nintendo stuff....especially since great game after great game was going to the PS2, that's what broke my fanwank style sweatdrop

Dapper Lunatic

Chichok
Bag of Monster
Beramode
I think the only disadvantage of the ceramic white PSP would be that movie UMDs are region coded? So I could only play Japanese movies. If that's really true, and if I really cared. It's a nice feature, but I didn't want to get a PSP to watch movies.

Yeah, only UMD movies are locked. It's unfortunate. I would like to buy at least some UMDs for those long bus trips and train rides down to south Texas. I think once producing UMDs becomes cheap enough Sony should start including them in DVDs and the upcoming Blu Ray movies. A normal version and a portable version of the movie in one case is much more attractive than a normal version and portable version seperate, methinks.

You always remind me that I never finished playing Shining Force. Accursed computer and it's crashes.

Buuuut you can just buy the DVD version and get the DVD ripping software to put the DVD on your PSP memory stick.

It'll save money in the long run 3nodding
That is true, but ultimately a huge pain in the a**. Going the cheap way requires several hours of ripping, converting, and then a second level of converting. the UMD format may not be cost effective, but is quite a bit easier.
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Bag of Monster
Beramode
I think the only disadvantage of the ceramic white PSP would be that movie UMDs are region coded? So I could only play Japanese movies. If that's really true, and if I really cared. It's a nice feature, but I didn't want to get a PSP to watch movies.

Yeah, only UMD movies are locked. It's unfortunate. I would like to buy at least some UMDs for those long bus trips and train rides down to south Texas. I think once producing UMDs becomes cheap enough Sony should start including them in DVDs and the upcoming Blu Ray movies. A normal version and a portable version of the movie in one case is much more attractive than a normal version and portable version seperate, methinks.

You always remind me that I never finished playing Shining Force. Accursed computer and it's crashes.

Buuuut you can just buy the DVD version and get the DVD ripping software to put the DVD on your PSP memory stick.

That is true, but ultimately a huge pain in the a**. Going the cheap way requires several hours of ripping, converting, and then a second level of converting. the UMD format may not be cost effective, but is quite a bit easier.

And also there's that whole "It's illegal" thing, ya know? It's just not worth it. I'd rather have a UMD move too, kthx.
Chichok
Soma Mahanon

Seriously, I've been a multi-console kind of gamer ever since 2002. I've long grown out of my "blind loyalty" and do not dare to go back to that (just for those who want to know, Sony was that company I was like that with).

I'm so dedicated to staying like this that I'm going to buy an X-Box soon, and continue to expand my Gamecube playlist. If I had the cash, I'd get a PSP and a DS.

Took the words out of my mouth. I just got tired of buying only Nintendo stuff....especially since great game after great game was going to the PS2, that's what broke my fanwank style sweatdrop

It was starting to be no fun seeing games I desired land on a console I had feelings of anomosity toward. Afterward I took time out and told myself "Is this right?" From then on, you couldn't stop me from trying to get my hands on games on systems once disliked by me.

It's the best kind of gamer to be wink
Soma Mahanon
Chichok
Soma Mahanon

It was starting to be no fun seeing games I desired land on a console I had feelings of anomosity toward. Afterward I took time out and told myself "Is this right?" From then on, you couldn't stop me from trying to get my hands on games on systems once disliked by me.

It's the best kind of gamer to be wink

UNBIASED GAMING FTW!

OMG TK TK.
DROP THE FLAG, DROP IT!
ZOMG HAX0R BAN PLZ.
Bag of Monster
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Bag of Monster
Beramode

And also there's that whole "It's illegal" thing, ya know? It's just not worth it. I'd rather have a UMD move too, kthx.

It's illegal if you sell the movie file. Technically "giving" the file to a friend is like letting them borrow the DVD. If you purchased the DVD, I mean it's is yours so you can do whatever you want to it.
Chichok
Soma Mahanon

Same here I used to be a hardcore Nintendo fan and then one christmas morning my grandma got me a playstation.I never lwent back to my old ways again. 3nodding

Dapper Lunatic

Chichok
Bag of Monster
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Bag of Monster
Beramode

It's illegal if you sell the movie file. Technically "giving" the file to a friend is like letting them borrow the DVD. If you purchased the DVD, I mean it's is yours so you can do whatever you want to it.
Getting around a DVD's decription is against the law, it doesn't matter if you own, borrowed, or rented the DVD, its illegal.

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Ah, the 3DO. domokun Is it wrong that I still want one of those? And I just listed the main ones that I could think of. I really didn't take into consideration the odd offshoots here and there, though if someone really wanted to compare them with other consoles of a similar time period the conversation would be welcome here.

I'm not much of a movie person, so I guess the ability to play movies on my PSP is kind of lost on me. But err, I can watch Japanese movies if I really want to?

I've done all my own CFC edits. Started when it was a big thing on Livejournal a few years back. I don't really do it anymore.

And I don't see having any sort of bias toward a console as being bad. That's what the industry runs on, having choices. Just that, of course, there's quite a difference between liking a company and having blind loyalty.

It always weird me out when people suggest that SEGA fans should like Nintendo now since they're the "only company left from back then" or whatever. What? I don't go out of my way to hate Nintendo, but that's kind of a silly reason to switch over. I'm not an outspoken fan of any of the big three right now, but I seem to own a fair amount of Sony stuff. Just because I like it, not because it's Sony.
Veras Gunn
Getting around a DVD's decription is against the law, it doesn't matter if you own, borrowed, or rented the DVD, its illegal.

Well it is against the law, but seriously...if you rip a DVD and put it on your PSP, will the FBI be after you for that action? I mean it's not like you're telling anyone.

It may be against the law, but I'm not gonna be arrested for doing it. I'm only gonna be arrested if I sell it/pass it around on the internet.
Veras Gunn
Chichok
Bag of Monster
Veras Gunn
Chichok

But Veras Ive been doing it for yrs its fun..... xd I promised myself that I wouldnt mod anymore consoles my ultimat xbox mod was the final mod for me. wink
Beramode
Ah, the 3DO. domokun Is it wrong that I still want one of those?

Not really 3nodding You can probably get one off of Ebay, you can get anything off of Ebay xd

The 3DO looked purely awesome. But alas, money was tight back then crying
Nice sticky reset surprised

It's good to see freshness anyways.
Being a one-sided player on the console field is bad for you, it just jades your view, and you don't look to smart either when you try to compare.
Vermunium
Nice sticky reset surprised

It's good to see freshness anyways.
Being a one-sided player on the console field is bad for you, it just jades your view, and you don't look to smart either when you try to compare.

Words of wisdom.
Darkmoleman
But Veras Ive been doing it for yrs its fun..... xd I promised myself that I wouldnt mod anymore consoles my ultimat xbox mod was the final mod for me. wink

Name of the game: Don't get caught xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces