Welcome to Gaia! ::

►► are you playing the new app animal crossing: pocket camp ?

+1 1 100.0% [ 317 ]
Total Votes:[ 317 ]

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo

Aw, I'd LOVE to help you out right now, but I'm having crappy internet issues. So, that's out of the question. However, for someone starting out new... You have a few options for making bells.

1. The typical starting bell making is done by collecting fruit and shells (and fish/bugs/fossils)
2. Try doing the tasks that Isabelle has to offer in the Town Hall! (meet everyone, catch bugs/fish, get her a seashell) (this is like a first week sort of opportunity, I believe)
3. Look for your special tree with the one perfect fruit on it, plant it, grow it, and split up the fruit to plant in a place where you can harvest them easily. (sell them at a friend's town)
4. Go to the special "island" that you unlock after playing for a bit and catch the sharks and bugs that come out at around 8 or 9 PM.
5. Get into stock exchange from Joan and sell turnips. (selling for profit is hard when you're just starting out because you don't have that many bells to spend on them to begin with.)

I'm sure there are other ways, but they're not coming to mind right now. @_@

Oh it's totally understandable! My dad got a different internet provider because it was cheaper. They told us that it ran at 7mbps, and we got it, and we're lucky if we get 1.5mbps. Turns out they mean "you can get it in your town, which part of town you live in is what really determines it."
So we're stuck with it until I save up some money for different internet. Haha.

And yes, I've been doing lots of cherry picking, shell collecting, and bugs when I can actually get to them. They always hide in the trees, and then I can never get to them. Haha. I don't have a fishing pole yet. When I go into the Nookling store, there's only a net and shovel. I collect fossils when I can, and sell them. But then I feel bad when the guy in the museum gets all sad that I decide not to donate them. Haha.

And I don't think I'm familiar with the tree thing? I think i've found perfect cherries on some of the trees every once in a while. But I believe it's only happened once or twice. And as for Joan, I must not have gotten far enough, because that name doesn't sound familiar?

Oh wow. I typically get around 30-40, but I think it's a connectivity issue right now. When I try getting on certain things through wifi, it will do a sort of flicker thing where it'll random shut off for awhile. Weird. I know. You can get a USB adapter to plug in for internet access through something on your computer. I know Nintendo sells it, but I don't know where. I believe Walmarts sell them, not sure though. Best of luck at finding the average-fast internet, though!

You got those things down pat! Trick you might not have known about... Net sneaking. Hold down A and try to move as slowly as possible towards a bug on a tree, but not too close. I believe your head has to be lined up with the tree shadow and then you release A to catch the bug. (something like that)

Perfect cherries are important! If you have a tree that bears them, don't sell all of them away! If you keep a stash of 9 or so, that's the best thing to do! (you can stack 9 fruit on top of each other, if you didn't know)

Joan comes around in the morning on Sundays. She'll sell you turnips that last for a week and then they rot. You have to try and ask from prices every day from your town and other people and see what the prices are like. Prices change in the morning and evenings. wink I believe you can get the highest sell back around Thursday morning if you have a rise in "stalk prices" razz This sort of thing is for players who've really established themselves financially in ACNL.
pong kiyo

Wow. o.o
You're lucky. That's super fast internet. The only place around here that offers that fast of internet, they have a data cap. And well, when you have two computers, two phones, and like 5 wifi capable game systems. A data cap just sucks. My boyfriend watches youtube videos like all day every day, and just with that we can go through like 200GB in one month. If not more.

But I had no idea you could stack fruit! That would have been so nice to know way before. I was always picking however many I had slots for and would run to the shop, sell them, and then go pick more. Thanks for that tip. That will become extremely helpful.

So you can take a perfect cherry and replant it, is what you're saying? Or am I totally understanding you wrong?

And that will be a good tip for catching bugs. I always just run up and try to snatch them. Best bug I've gotten so far was a giant tarantula that sold for 8,000 bells. x3

Hungry Fatcat

BrittanyBatman
[

Sorry had to switch to the laptop.
I wouldn't say I'm looking for anything specific.I tried checking that item database that's posted, but when I go to it, it just says under construction. So I'm assuming it's down right now?

But, I think that maybe a white carpet, and maybe a light green or light blue wallpaper would be nice. Just something simple for now. And as for furniture, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, as I can't seem to see that website at the moment. Just cute and colorful stuff I suppose, but nothing overbearing like the balloon furniture. x3

And I believe I actually just unlocked the island earlier. The old mayor came in and told me he'd start sending a ship every night, if that's what you mean. So I could try that. I got excited because I caught a tarantula earlier and it was worth 8,000 bells. Haha!

And as for the turnip thing, I don't believe I have that option yet? I see in Resse's shop (probably spelled that wrong too) it says something about turnips, but I don't think I've ever checked it out.

I also have never 'traded' with anyone. I've always been a Pokemon person. But since I loved Harvest Moon, my friend at the gamestore told me to try Animal Crossing, and I'm addicted. I'm sadly just a noob with it at the moment, since I've never played it. I've had it for months but just never had time to really pick it up. But, oddly enough, since I'm full-time at work now, I'm getting at least 2 days off per week. Which I wasn't getting before since I didn't work any 8 hour shifts. So I just picked it up today and got my house paid off and upgraded it again. Only 81,000 more bells to pay it off again!

But, yes, if you have anything like what I am looking for, if you'd like to explain the whole buying thing to me, I'd be grateful!

gaia_crown If you're talking about moridb.com then it has always said gaia_crown
"under construction". If you look at the top they have a bunch of categories you can
click on and it will bring up an entire list of all the items currently in the game. So just
browse around and when you find something that you like get back to me~

Well then you're luckier than I was, took me forever to catch that eight legged bugger.
Him and the scorpion have ruined many an Animal Crossing night for me. XD Anyways you
can only buy turnips on Sunday before noon when a warthog named Joan will visit and sell them
to you. After Sunday you can check the turnip prices every day and they will go up and down
depending on the current "groove" the prices are in. That's a whole other can of worms though.
Turnips will only last one week though so that's why it's risky to buy and sell. If you aren't
lucky you'll end up losing money.....or gaining a lot. . u .

Umm basically people just offer or sell at prices that seem fair to them. You just add each
others friend code, someone opens their gates, and you exchange the goods. Most people have
set rules which they expect you to follow when visiting and such but you can find those on the
main page of this forum. Anyways I would never think of charging you for anything you'd want.
I've been playing for a bit so regular furniture really isn't that hard for me to get. n u n

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
fatmasterson
pong kiyo

I didn't think I'd lose any of the townies, and I started laying down paths and trees and whatnot... Now I'm down to 8 animals. So, the layout might change soon... User Image I'm aiming for a full catalog, too, but I took a break from that. Badges are a plus, but aren't a necessary. Maybe we can get together and break the boundaries of typical ACNL small talk! xDD

I'd be ever so appreciative of that! Is there any NA DLC you're missing? If so, maybe I could help? I have the earlier DLC from around December 28th-ish. (when I started playing) But not the DLC from Summer/Autumn 2013.

gaia_crown I really wouldn't mess with re-laying everything out until you get gaia_crown
two more villagers. I haven't even started on my paths yet. <------- is a pile
That would be awesome, if you'd like I can add you to the bfs and we can chat any
time you'd like....if you can stand it. A lot of my friends have moved on a bit so I never see them. lol

The only DLC that I'm missing are the non-orderable super expensive not fun kind.
I reeeaaally want them I just don't want to shell out a mil per piece like people like to
charge. OTL Anyways I don't need to be re-paid, I like helping out around here. o u o d

Yeah, I thought I was okay with the 10 villagers I had. xD That sure worked out. *flop noise* I'll hope for some nice campers or void transfers. Though, the paths I have set now aren't moving until then.

I'd love to add you to the BFs list! I kind of lost most of my friends on there, too! So, I get what you mean. Plus, I was one of those "Ugh Summer is coming around" people. I need those events doe...

That's quite sweet of you! I can at least pay in some sort of thing like perf pears? (I can even just catalog the items so you can help other people out and not spend more than you need to)

If you'd like to add me...
FC: 5129 - 2151 - 0436
Mii name: Kiyo-kun
ACNL mayor: Hajime
ACNL town: Etopolis

Yours?

Hungry Fatcat

pong kiyo

Yeah, I thought I was okay with the 10 villagers I had. xD That sure worked out. *flop noise* I'll hope for some nice campers or void transfers. Though, the paths I have set now aren't moving until then.

I'd love to add you to the BFs list! I kind of lost most of my friends on there, too! So, I get what you mean. Plus, I was one of those "Ugh Summer is coming around" people. I need those events doe...

That's quite sweet of you! I can at least pay in some sort of thing like perf pears? (I can even just catalog the items so you can help other people out and not spend more than you need to)

Yours?

gaia_crown Are you looking for someone specific? gaia_crown
I could always browse the sites I go to for people giving villagers away. o U o

Fuhehe~ You shall be pulled into the madness that is my friend circle. XD
I was heavily addicted to this game when it launched in the summer so I
have all the events done. I think the only thing I missed was Thanksgiving because
of obvious reasons. lol

Unfortunately my native fruit is pears so I'm pretty good on those. = u = d
I don't mind if you want to keep them, if somebody else wants them I'll just order
again. No big deal. You'll save me from hoarding like I always do. OTL

My FC is in my signature and I'm Tay from Oran.
Shouldn't be too hard to remember it matches my Mii~
fatmasterson
BrittanyBatman
[

Sorry had to switch to the laptop.
I wouldn't say I'm looking for anything specific.I tried checking that item database that's posted, but when I go to it, it just says under construction. So I'm assuming it's down right now?

But, I think that maybe a white carpet, and maybe a light green or light blue wallpaper would be nice. Just something simple for now. And as for furniture, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, as I can't seem to see that website at the moment. Just cute and colorful stuff I suppose, but nothing overbearing like the balloon furniture. x3

And I believe I actually just unlocked the island earlier. The old mayor came in and told me he'd start sending a ship every night, if that's what you mean. So I could try that. I got excited because I caught a tarantula earlier and it was worth 8,000 bells. Haha!

And as for the turnip thing, I don't believe I have that option yet? I see in Resse's shop (probably spelled that wrong too) it says something about turnips, but I don't think I've ever checked it out.

I also have never 'traded' with anyone. I've always been a Pokemon person. But since I loved Harvest Moon, my friend at the gamestore told me to try Animal Crossing, and I'm addicted. I'm sadly just a noob with it at the moment, since I've never played it. I've had it for months but just never had time to really pick it up. But, oddly enough, since I'm full-time at work now, I'm getting at least 2 days off per week. Which I wasn't getting before since I didn't work any 8 hour shifts. So I just picked it up today and got my house paid off and upgraded it again. Only 81,000 more bells to pay it off again!

But, yes, if you have anything like what I am looking for, if you'd like to explain the whole buying thing to me, I'd be grateful!

gaia_crown If you're talking about moridb.com then it has always said gaia_crown
"under construction". If you look at the top they have a bunch of categories you can
click on and it will bring up an entire list of all the items currently in the game. So just
browse around and when you find something that you like get back to me~

Well then you're luckier than I was, took me forever to catch that eight legged bugger.
Him and the scorpion have ruined many an Animal Crossing night for me. XD Anyways you
can only buy turnips on Sunday before noon when a warthog named Joan will visit and sell them
to you. After Sunday you can check the turnip prices every day and they will go up and down
depending on the current "groove" the prices are in. That's a whole other can of worms though.
Turnips will only last one week though so that's why it's risky to buy and sell. If you aren't
lucky you'll end up losing money.....or gaining a lot. . u .

Umm basically people just offer or sell at prices that seem fair to them. You just add each
others friend code, someone opens their gates, and you exchange the goods. Most people have
set rules which they expect you to follow when visiting and such but you can find those on the
main page of this forum. Anyways I would never think of charging you for anything you'd want.
I've been playing for a bit so regular furniture really isn't that hard for me to get. n u n

Alright, I found the page now.
And the turnip thing sounds like it could be risky. But I guess it also sounds fun at the same time. Haha.

Well, this wallpaper doesn't look too bad. Or maybe this one.

For flooring this one, or this one look okay!

I also like this and this for furniture. I'm not really looking for too much right now. Just something to make my house look not so horrible. Haha.

I can get some cherries and shells and stuff to sell them to compensate. I would hate to not pay for something. I just put like 15,000 bells on my house, so I think I have around 1,500 bells right now, but I could sell some stuff and maybe get a couple thousand more bells if that sounds okay? ^^

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo

Wow. o.o
You're lucky. That's super fast internet. The only place around here that offers that fast of internet, they have a data cap. And well, when you have two computers, two phones, and like 5 wifi capable game systems. A data cap just sucks. My boyfriend watches youtube videos like all day every day, and just with that we can go through like 200GB in one month. If not more.

But I had no idea you could stack fruit! That would have been so nice to know way before. I was always picking however many I had slots for and would run to the shop, sell them, and then go pick more. Thanks for that tip. That will become extremely helpful.

So you can take a perfect cherry and replant it, is what you're saying? Or am I totally understanding you wrong?

And that will be a good tip for catching bugs. I always just run up and try to snatch them. Best bug I've gotten so far was a giant tarantula that sold for 8,000 bells. x3

Fast internet, but my laptop is bogged down with about 32 GB of iTunes data clogging it up, and lots of other bits and pieces of data saved up from over 3-4 years. xD (Plus, I use my iPod like 24/7 and I'm pretty sure it goes at about 15-20 MBPS maybe.) We get our internet through the phone company for a modest price. I forget what all is paid for it.

Yeah, bells, fruit, and bamboo stack, but none of the bug/fish/fossil/shell items.

A perfect fruit IS replantable. They're EXTREMELY hard to find unless you get one off of another person. Once planting a perfect fruit that is NATIVE to your town (in your case the cherry) it will produce a tree that only bears perfect fruit (but it will die after 4 or 5 harvests). Any perf fruit that isn't from your town will only grow a regular fruit tree. If you sell your perf fruit in a friend's town that doesn't grow that kind of perf fruit, you can sell each individual fruit for 3000 bells. (meaning 27k per stack of perf fruit)

I haven't caught one of those yet, but some of the bugs on this island will sell for upwards of 5k, and they're COMMON. You'll be shocked! You can even catch a golden stag beetle for 12,000 bells. It's crazy difficult to catch, but once you get the hang of it, you can make crazy bells.
pong kiyo
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo

Wow. o.o

Fast internet, but my laptop is bogged down with about 32 GB of iTunes data clogging it up, and lots of other bits and pieces of data saved up from over 3-4 years. xD (Plus, I use my iPod like 24/7 and I'm pretty sure it goes at about 15-20 MBPS maybe.) We get our internet through the phone company for a modest price. I forget what all is paid for it.

Yeah, bells, fruit, and bamboo stack, but none of the bug/fish/fossil/shell items.

A perfect fruit IS replantable. They're EXTREMELY hard to find unless you get one off of another person. Once planting a perfect fruit that is NATIVE to your town (in your case the cherry) it will produce a tree that only bears perfect fruit (but it will die after 4 or 5 harvests). Any perf fruit that isn't from your town will only grow a regular fruit tree. If you sell your perf fruit in a friend's town that doesn't grow that kind of perf fruit, you can sell each individual fruit for 3000 bells. (meaning 27k per stack of perf fruit)

I haven't caught one of those yet, but some of the bugs on this island will sell for upwards of 5k, and they're COMMON. You'll be shocked! You can even catch a golden stag beetle for 12,000 bells. It's crazy difficult to catch, but once you get the hang of it, you can make crazy bells.

Oh, I thought cherries was just the default. I didn't know other peoples towns had different fruit. That's so cool! I might stick around this forum for a while. I've been glued to pokemon x, but I finally got to that point where I just really have nothing else to do. And this game could keep my attention for a long time.
I'm excited to check out that island now!
I was so freaked out when I caught the tarantula. I thought it was like a rodent or something.

And would cutting down trees in my town be a bad idea? There are just so many in inconvient spots. Haha.

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
fatmasterson
pong kiyo

Yours?

gaia_crown Are you looking for someone specific? gaia_crown
I could always browse the sites I go to for people giving villagers away. o U o

Fuhehe~ You shall be pulled into the madness that is my friend circle. XD
I was heavily addicted to this game when it launched in the summer so I
have all the events done. I think the only thing I missed was Thanksgiving because
of obvious reasons. lol

Unfortunately my native fruit is pears so I'm pretty good on those. = u = d
I don't mind if you want to keep them, if somebody else wants them I'll just order
again. No big deal. You'll save me from hoarding like I always do. OTL

My FC is in my signature and I'm Tay from Oran.
Shouldn't be too hard to remember it matches my Mii~

Anything cute/a deer/Vesta. xD I'm not picky. I don't even mind if the homes they have are wrecked. Can I even get a villager from someone without having a moving villager of my own? Elmer and Blaire already moved out.

Yay! Madness! Wait. You mean I wasn't already located in the loony bin already? I missed a ton of events, so completion is going to be something I plan to do after another year has passed most likely... Ugh. That'll be fun.

Oh wao. I have a good 15-20 stacks I haven't sold off yet. What a shame. razz I'll pay you back some way. Maybe straight up bells? Maybe Trident Layers? Maybe lots of thanks and really annoying high pitched squeals? Meh. /saves you from hoarding

I added you, and I'll see you some time tomorrow! I'll probably be available around 3-5 PM EST and then on into the night (depending upon if I get called into work or not, or if I just get home late) So, I'll see you whenever...?

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo

Wow. o.o

Oh, I thought cherries was just the default. I didn't know other peoples towns had different fruit. That's so cool! I might stick around this forum for a while. I've been glued to pokemon x, but I finally got to that point where I just really have nothing else to do. And this game could keep my attention for a long time.
I was so freaked out when I caught the tarantula. I thought it was like a rodent or something.

And would cutting down trees in my town be a bad idea? There are just so many in inconvenient spots. Haha.

Nah, you got cherry, pear, orange, apple, peach, and then you'll have access to a bunch of exotic fruit you'll find on the island. wink I might be gone in a bit because I have to get up early tomorrow, but you should definitely stick around in this thread, too!

You can cut down trees for sure, but growing more can be a hassle. (normal trees at least) If you want to cut a few out of the way, it's not going to be a problem. You just need to be mindful of the fact that your town will look barren if you chop TOO many down!
pong kiyo
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo
BrittanyBatman
pong kiyo

Wow. o.o

And would cutting down trees in my town be a bad idea? There are just so many in inconvenient spots. Haha.

Nah, you got cherry, pear, orange, apple, peach, and then you'll have access to a bunch of exotic fruit you'll find on the island. wink I might be gone in a bit because I have to get up early tomorrow, but you should definitely stick around in this thread, too!

You can cut down trees for sure, but growing more can be a hassle. (normal trees at least) If you want to cut a few out of the way, it's not going to be a problem. You just need to be mindful of the fact that your town will look barren if you chop TOO many down!

Alright, no problem. I'm probably gonna lay down and relax myself.
Thanks for all your helpful tips!

Hungry Fatcat

BrittanyBatman

Alright, I found the page now.
And the turnip thing sounds like it could be risky. But I guess it also sounds fun at the same time. Haha.

Well, this wallpaper doesn't look too bad. Or maybe this one.

For flooring this one, or this one look okay!

I also like this and this for furniture. I'm not really looking for too much right now. Just something to make my house look not so horrible. Haha.

I can get some cherries and shells and stuff to sell them to compensate. I would hate to not pay for something. I just put like 15,000 bells on my house, so I think I have around 1,500 bells right now, but I could sell some stuff and maybe get a couple thousand more bells if that sounds okay? ^^

gaia_crown It's also helpful to know people when selling turnips. gaia_crown
They can let you into their towns so you can sell them there. . u .

Well I can get you everything there if you'd like.
If you don't want everything then just tell me what your favorites are
from that list. Seriously though don't worry about the payment. I have 90 mil
in the bank right now so I'm good on bells. I understand wanting to pay but please,
think of it as a welcoming gift. ^ u ^

Hungry Fatcat

pong kiyo

Anything cute/a deer/Vesta. xD I'm not picky. I don't even mind if the homes they have are wrecked. Can I even get a villager from someone without having a moving villager of my own? Elmer and Blaire already moved out.

Yay! Madness! Wait. You mean I wasn't already located in the loony bin already? I missed a ton of events, so completion is going to be something I plan to do after another year has passed most likely... Ugh. That'll be fun.

Oh wao. I have a good 15-20 stacks I haven't sold off yet. What a shame. razz I'll pay you back some way. Maybe straight up bells? Maybe Trident Layers? Maybe lots of thanks and really annoying high pitched squeals? Meh. /saves you from hoarding

I added you, and I'll see you some time tomorrow! I'll probably be available around 3-5 PM EST and then on into the night (depending upon if I get called into work or not, or if I just get home late) So, I'll see you whenever...?

gaia_crown You can get a villager any time you want just so long gaia_crown
as you have the space you need to have them there plus someone else isn't
planning on moving in. Like with the rope thingies that mark the spots. You don't need
to have someone in boxes to go and grab another villager from someone else.

You could be, or you might just be in my head, same difference. @ u @
I've been playing for a year officially since June. *huzzah* Just recently acquired
my golden net and fishing pole. Not TTing and getting them is hard. ; u ;

I shall accept payment in the form of high pitched squeals please.
I would like to record them so I can scare all my villagers at night. Muhaha~

I'm on off and on all day long so I bet we'll see each other eventually.
I'll be sure to add you so we can visit each other tomorrow. I look forward to
lurking in your town then. > u o v

Adored Lunatic

13,425 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Would anyone be willing to sell me

Worn-Out Jeans??

Familiar Friend

16,000 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
fatmasterson
pong kiyo

gaia_crown You can get a villager any time you want just so long gaia_crown
as you have the space you need to have them there plus someone else isn't
planning on moving in. Like with the rope thingies that mark the spots. You don't need
to have someone in boxes to go and grab another villager from someone else.

You could be, or you might just be in my head, same difference. @ u @
I've been playing for a year officially since June. *huzzah* Just recently acquired
my golden net and fishing pole. Not TTing and getting them is hard. ; u ;

I shall accept payment in the form of high pitched squeals please.
I would like to record them so I can scare all my villagers at night. Muhaha~

I'm on off and on all day long so I bet we'll see each other eventually.
I'll be sure to add you so we can visit each other tomorrow. I look forward to
lurking in your town then. > u o v

Due to me being on mobile right now, I wasn't sure if you were online or not, so I figured a quote would suffice. Who's town will we be meeting in? Also, is there anything that you might possibly need before 5 o'clock rolls in? I can check the catalog in case there are items you're desperately looking for. :3

Also, I'm breeding for rare flowers. If you have any purple pansies, I'd be willing to trade a pair of blue roses for a pair of them! (Or I can trade blue pansies. I mean, I got dat blue flower swag. Lol jk no hate appreciate. Ugh. Why do I try?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff