Welcome to Gaia! ::

►► are you playing the new app animal crossing: pocket camp ?

+1 1 100.0% [ 317 ]
Total Votes:[ 317 ]

Shapeshifter

Snort Like A Pig

your avatar! i love it, so cute!

DorkyBerries
I never played animal crossing on the 3ds
which is why am looking forward to it when it comes out on switch.

i'd say it's definitely worth picking up a secondhand 3ds and new leaf because it's such a fun game

kerocaptor
i recently restarted acnl!!! life without bells, shampoodle, and the qr machine is hard but we are makin it work lol

if you need help with anything i've got bells to spare

Dangerous Cutie-Pie

20,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
unable sister

Maybe XD
How much would they be?

Shapeshifter

DorkyBerries
unable sister

Maybe XD
How much would they be?

i'm not sure whereabouts you're located, but i'm in the uk and older models tend to go for around £50, the "new" 3ds models are around £90

Dangerous Cutie-Pie

20,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
unable sister
DorkyBerries
unable sister

Maybe XD
How much would they be?

i'm not sure whereabouts you're located, but i'm in the uk and older models tend to go for around £50, the "new" 3ds models are around £90

In canada
I looked and some are like around $100

Sparkly Rabbit

ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH WAS ANNOUNCED!

But it won't be out until next year in March, but that's ok.
The longer it takes the better of the game.

Dangerous Cutie-Pie

20,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I saw a bit of the game play XD
From what I saw it does seem similar to pocket camp.

Lonely Lover

8,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sweet Hinataa
ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH WAS ANNOUNCED!

But it won't be out until next year in March, but that's ok.
The longer it takes the better of the game.
i am welling to wait too but for real i was hopping to be this year but i like the fact 8 player's can be on same island

Lonely Lover

8,475 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

TRAILER
emotion_rainbow gaia_right gaia_left emotion_rainbow
I'm finally glad to see the new AC game. It looks very promising, and I hope we get more information over time. But waiting 9 months is going to be a bit hard.

Dangerous Cutie-Pie

20,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
anyway watched the game play of
animal crossing new horizons? XD

Tricky Bunny

So excited for this game! Too bad we have to wait 'til 2020, but on the other hand I'm glad they're taking the time to make the game as amazing as possible!

Magnetic Loiterer

I'm a little worried about the building-the-town concept ngl

Like I've loved this series half my life and I'm excited they're trying something so fresh and that will give us more control - I loved e.g. the PWPs in New Leaf but thought they were poorly implemented - but the worst thing about playing an Animal Crossing game is the really slow beginning (imo). It gets worse with every Animal Crossing game because there's so much to unlock.

Waiting for the city in New Leaf is a pain, for example. I'm a bit more of an obsessive player than you're 'supposed' to be though (I enjoy that the game forces you into a slow, meditative pace) and I always want to get started early while I'm peak enthusiastic. Otherwise I don't feel settled in. I don't mind having longer-term objectives like the best Nook stores and GracieGrace and so on but I like getting to know my town.

Like, some slowness is good, so you don't feel rushed into everything straight away and overwhelmed (the Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon conundrum), but too much slowness is bad, because it starts to feel grindy and you don't feel motivated to grind. That's what I'm worried about, that there won't be much to do or many beautiful things or things to anticipate in the game initially until we can unlock them and it'll just feel like a slog.

I'm worried I'll feel like an alien in the island and I won't enjoy it. I don't enjoy survival games and I don't really like crafting unless the resource system is real indepth (like, say, a cooking game). I do like e.g. Harvest Moon a lot but you have established settlements in those... dunno.

I also don't fully like the art style. I'm really hyped for cliffs back, but they're so short. I hope they polish the textures a bit more and the world has some depth. The skies are INCREDIBLE though and I damn near cried when I saw the New Horizons title tease. I just hope the game feels cosy enough and like there's enough to do - New Leaf really nailed this feeling of there being lots to do in a small world and all it needed was greater depth/some smoothing out on features. I'm probably freaking out because of the island getaway marketing and that seeming so REMOTE and not at all like my cosy forest game sdhgdkjgfd but some freshness is probably good for everyone?!

I was expecting a delay to 2020, so I'm just glad to have a release date.

I dunno, I've never had so many worries about a reveal so before - but this is also the biggest departure from the main series formula. And I can always go back and play any of the other Animal Crossings if I don't really like it, I've been playing the original off and on again since it came out lol. I just needed to get this out. It's just I've been waiting so long for this to see if I would go back to playing New Leaf.

Also I'm so hyped for Southern Hemisphere mode but I don't even know if I'll use it because I like the winter Christmas and it doesn't snow here in winter lol. I'm just so glad they're finally doing things for the outside-Japan market, like the Southern Hemisphere mode, SELECTABLE SKIN COLOUR, etc., to help the game feel more realistic!!

I'm so glad we finally got some news about it!!! heart

Magical Hobo

.M i s a k i - c h i.
I also don't fully like the art style. I'm really hyped for cliffs back, but they're so short. I hope they polish the textures a bit more and the world has some depth. The skies are INCREDIBLE though and I damn near cried when I saw the New Horizons title tease. I just hope the game feels cosy enough and like there's enough to do - New Leaf really nailed this feeling of there being lots to do in a small world and all it needed was greater depth/some smoothing out on features. I'm probably freaking out because of the island getaway marketing and that seeming so REMOTE and not at all like my cosy forest game sdhgdkjgfd but some freshness is probably good for everyone?!

Well considering that New Leaf's demo had some changes later, it's quite possible that they will continue to change and refine things. Here is a set of gifs comparing New Leaf's 2011 trailer to New Horizon's current trailer. I also worried about it not feeling forest-y, but since the island will be completely customizable, you could always add in tons of trees down the road to get that feeling. It's really no different from the older games in a way...the town is cut off mostly by tall cliffs on either side and/or the back in those, rather than water now. There was still a certain feeling of isolation.

Magical Hobo

Wanted to make a second post with lots of info I have found (including the trailer and Treehouse stuff everyone has probably already seen rofl ).

New Horizons E3 trailer: [x]
New Horizons E3 Nintendo Treehouse gameplay: [x]
How Tom Nook uses his money + 14 more details about the game: [x]
Info on gender-neutral stuff and picking out skin tones, etc: [x]
Details about multiplayer: [x]
Isabelle returning to New Horizons: [x]
New Horizons map analysis: [x]
More game analysis: [x]

I don't think any of these mention it, but there is flower harvesting, blinds/curtains returning, and still a crap ton of other things people have noticed from analyzing the trailer and treehouse gameplay.

----
What are some of your favorite things that you've seen so far? gaia_spoons

Dangerous Cutie-Pie

20,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PrincessEv

Your avi is so cute XD
makes thinking you should be in a animal crossing game
Coughs specifically New Horizons lol

Quick Reply