Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Okay, I have a question. I can't have gaia cash, so therefore any EI I get would come from the MP. Lets say I like a pose from Gen. 3 and 5 of an item, and this item already completed its evolution last month. When I go to the MP it shows me every generation of the item, all at different prices.

If I bought Gen. 3 would it:

A. Start evolving from that point.
B. Already have all the poses.
OR
C. Be frozen and always have only Gen. 3 poses. (I doubt, and seriously hope not for this choice.)

Gambino Regular

remember, there's a difference between gens and stages, so the poses might be on stages 3 and 5, but all gens will go through those stages. also, depending on the item's evolution rate and how long ago it finished, the third gen may have already finished evolving and will no longer do so, or the third may have awhile to go before it finishes and may be past that stage. so I guess the answer is a combination of A and B sweatdrop

User Image

in the above image, if you were to buy the third gen at week 4 but the poses you wanted were from stage 1, you would have to wain for the item to finish. however, if it was week 6, the third gen would already be fully evolved and would already have all of the poses.

hope that made sense sweatdrop

User Image
Why are the higher number generations generally cheaper?

Chistery mourns the wicked...
im watchin NCIS :mushroom: dramallama

Gambino Regular

»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
usually, because they're less advanced, but once they finish evolving, there really isn't any reason other than "people are finicky sometimes"

I HAS AN AUTO-FORMAT TOO! SEE?

5,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
emorexic-pimp
remember, there's a difference between gens and stages, so the poses might be on stages 3 and 5, but all gens will go through those stages. also, depending on the item's evolution rate and how long ago it finished, the third gen may have already finished evolving and will no longer do so, or the third may have awhile to go before it finishes and may be past that stage. so I guess the answer is a combination of A and B sweatdrop

User Image

in the above image, if you were to buy the third gen at week 4 but the poses you wanted were from stage 1, you would have to wain for the item to finish. however, if it was week 6, the third gen would already be fully evolved and would already have all of the poses.

hope that made sense sweatdrop

I understand, I just wasn't sure since it would be later and from the MP. Thanks for the help! biggrin

Gambino Regular

»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
A GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING EVOLVING ITEMS
A GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING EVOLVING ITEMS

THE ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EVOLVING ITEMS

► ▸ 】 ⋅L⋅E⋅G⋅A⋅L⋅ 【 602 】 ⋅B⋅U⋅M⋅P⋅ 【 ◂ ◄
► ▸ ⋅L⋅E⋅G⋅A⋅L⋅ 602 ⋅B⋅U⋅M⋅P⋅ ◂ ◄

Gambino Regular

»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
for the same reason as people would rather own an actual famous painting than a mass-produced copy. they attach some kind of value to it since it is "the original" even though it looks the same as all the rmass-produced copies.

basically, some users attach a stigma to first gens = better because it just is to them

Gambino Regular

»ĘмǿЯέжĨç~ÞĨмþ«
sweatdrop i know it's a pretty bad analogy, but it was the best i could come up with...

no, there are many first gens, but the other gens are like copies of the first gen.

This really helped a lot ^^

However, I read through all that, and I still don't get one thing, or maybe it wasn't addressed? I bought my EI's... Maybe a month or so ago? The one I'm most concerned about is the Nartian Rock, since I want the tophat xDD I want to know, when or if I'll get all the generations previous? Because in the Cash Shop when I scrolled over it, it said "Nartian Rock/Fremere's Guard/etc _____ Gen".

Polite Society || An Analysis on Analyzation

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces