Welcome to Gaia! ::

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

User ImageUser Image User Image

User Image Hopefully all of them sell out honestly... I want all the recolors of the splatoon sets and it would make me upset if all of them don't get sold out. Knowing that there could have been other recolors of splatoon items but they will never be released makes me upset.
I think this method is cruel, tbh "Hey if everyone doesn't give us money then you won't EVER get this recolor/item! Goodluck!"
Is the way I'm taking it, I'm still supporting it because it's Splatoon... But still... I'm not happy with it either way.User ImageUser Image

User Image
I love black and red and Durem so yay. But out of all the possibilities, it was really my third choice. I want Gambino and Barton to sell out! I don't even have a lot of brown or gold items but the splatterfest item looks the best in those colors to me. And Gambino fits the items purpose best.

I don't mind the voting in this way. Would it be better if they just flat out offered the items instead of making us vote? Yes. But I respect their hustle. They'd sell a lot more in this fashion because people who want their team to win would obviously have to spill a lot of money into the pool just to get the hope of a chance that the item will become something more than just a crappy pair of wings. But Barton has little hope of becoming anything at this rate. And that saddens me. I want so hard.

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

Did you like this type of voting system?

No, since I know that there will either be no hope of Barton's version of being released or Gaia will pull "Oh hey, you're all winners!" and release all of them, making this a large waste of time.

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?

Yes.

Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?

I didn't 'vote' at all because I think this is a very, VERY stupid way to release new items that they should just release all of them via bundle or single items.

Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
(Whoops, read this wrong.)

I don't rightfully know. This could be a new thing they're trying, and hopefully seeing that next time, just stick to what we know will sell and NOT make people feel left out/angry.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I bought the Aekea one right away because they're my town.... and I got paid today so I'm buying a Barton & Gambino to help out. I hope everybody gets their town recolours. heart
Thankfully they all look like they'll sell out! Which is sad because the success might encourage gaia to continue on this route... But great because I might get my Barton.

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
One thing kind of bothers me (other than this whole "event/sale" in general). I see a lot of people saying, "Oh, I won't purchase _____'s until it looks like it'll sell out." Well, if everyone did that, then no one would purchase them, because everyone would be waiting for someone else. So if you want it, and the $5 isn't too much, I say purchase it. ^^;

Celestial Spirit

rimedragona
One thing kind of bothers me (other than this whole "event/sale" in general). I see a lot of people saying, "Oh, I won't purchase _____'s until it looks like it'll sell out." Well, if everyone did that, then no one would purchase them, because everyone would be waiting for someone else. So if you want it, and the $5 isn't too much, I say purchase it. ^^;

I was thinking that too. It'd be kind of sad if one of them didn't sell out just because people were afraid it wouldn't sell out. That doesn't work in our favor either.
I wonder if we had a list of people who were waiting to see, how many would be on it.

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100
I don't really know what to do...
I like Gambino's best, but what I really want to see is a green splatoon item. Maybe I should just wait and see, but if they don't make that, I might not be able to afford the Gambino item on the MP. URG!
Decisions, decisions... emotion_8c

(I'd also really love to see all of the poses for these town recolors... just saying.)

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I really need to see Gambino sell out sad

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
Sianserais
rimedragona

I was thinking that too. It'd be kind of sad if one of them didn't sell out just because people were afraid it wouldn't sell out. That doesn't work in our favor either.
I wonder if we had a list of people who were waiting to see, how many would be on it.

I wonder if we could start one somewhere and see.

Loyal Shapeshifter

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

I honestly didn't expect these to sell as fast as they did. I hope that means Gambino and Barton both sell out as well!
I hope Gaia never does this again. Holding items hostage... threatening to never release the items if they don't sell out... sweatdrop

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Barton jumped! emotion_kirakira

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

Congrazzles aekea

NOW CAN PEOPLE FOCUS ON GAMBINO PLS AND THANK YOU

also op wouldn't it be "aekea next to sell out" not sale out...

Ferocious Frog

Did you like this type of voting system?
Hell no. I'll just leave it at that or else I'll go in the full rant mode.

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?
Honestly I think there shouldn't have been GCash voting to begin with. Either make it regular poll and the most voted item wins or make it gold voting if making it pay-to-vote is required. But making it something only portion of the users can take part of is just like waving middle finger at people's faces.

Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?
I "voted" with my wallet and didn't buy any.

Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
I'm pretty sure that Gaia calculated that if it looks like some town might not sell out people who have already voted for the town in question will panic and throw more money at them to cast another vote or ten to ensure that their town is also sold out and turned into an item. And if the unlikely happened and some color wouldn't sell out then they'd just make couple other recolors to sell, there's still for example no purple or green ones so there are still plenty of color options left to make and sell even without these four. Pretty sure they will all sell out though, the original item was popular and the recolors are bound to be popular too.

Tipsy Batgurl

21,390 Points
  • The Dork Knight 500
  • The Dark Side Awakens 500
  • In Squad We Trust 500
Look like Barton made a HUGE jump to catch up to Aekea! They're all gonna sell out! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff