Welcome to Gaia! ::

Battle-ready Duck

Girl 801
Mortalitasi
I really despise this "voting" system. It's the nice word for holding items hostage. Making artists work harder than they should for absolutely no reason.

What do you mean? the fact that the recolors are on the page means the items are already mocked out...so they're not working harder if the did the work's already done.

it stated in the "event" page and announcement that if any favors don't get sold out they will be scrapped and not released. so if barton and/or gambino doesn't sell out, they aren't going to release them, meaning the artists work on recoloring it would be wasted..

Hardcore Werewolf

17,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • OTP 200
Girl 801
Mortalitasi
I really despise this "voting" system. It's the nice word for holding items hostage. Making artists work harder than they should for absolutely no reason.

What do you mean? the fact that the recolors are on the page means the items are already mocked out...so they're not working harder if the did the work's already done.

The items were already created. They only release it if the favor sells out. That means if the favor did not sell out, the recolour is never released. The artist who did it wasted their time.

Stellar Succubus

caisu

I am also not a fan of holding items hostage like this. That's a really good way of putting how I feel about it.

It's just... it feels like we're being forced to buy en masse to release items.

I'd have preferred this be one of those alchemy extras, where a fragment could be used instead on top of consuming one of these items.

Really not into supporting this kickstarter thing, but that it's been successful to a degree, means it could happen again.

Battle-ready Duck

VVhip
caisu

I am also not a fan of holding items hostage like this. That's a really good way of putting how I feel about it.

It's just... it feels like we're being forced to buy en masse to release items.

I'd have preferred this be one of those alchemy extras, where a fragment could be used instead on top of consuming one of these items.

Really not into supporting this kickstarter thing, but that it's been successful to a degree, means it could happen again.

that's why i don't consider this an "event" nor a "kickstarter." it's just a b***h move by the people who made this concept of holding items we want hostage and "killing" them when we don't meet their demands. it's utter bullshoot that it's $5 per unit, and there's 799 freaking units on each town! it seems that they were assuming for us to complete this. despite the price, as long as it has the popular splatoon item it will sell out just fine. and i they were correct to assume that we would buy out everything. 2 of them sold out already, it's only a matter of time that all of it sells out.

although it's such a bitchmove it's working like a charm. gaia always does some bullshit to screw us over but it seems to work everytime. lol
and using popular colors people like is also a b***hsmart move on their part.
i would have loved for them to be in alchemy, i wouldn't mind the golden fragment being a recipe, as long as the original one isn't included.

Dapper Gaian

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
caisu

Mortalitasi

Eh...I honest think artists don't care since they get paid for the works anyways. These recolors ain't any different from other recolors in the pipeline.

Battle-ready Duck

Girl 801
caisu

Mortalitasi

Eh...I honest think artists don't care since they get paid for the works anyways. These recolors ain't any different from other recolors in the pipeline.

personally, i would be furious if my time and effort was in vain. hours of recoloring pixel by pixel just to have it scrapped and never used again would be pretty frustrating.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

While I don't like the concept of this kickstarter, I'm really hoping Gambino sells out so that I can possibly get the team recolor. sweatdrop If only I had more gc I'd buy a favor myself. I don't have enough though. gonk

Also, I want all towns to get released, so if I had the cash, I'd probably buy a Gambino and a Barton one just so there would be one less left.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Interstellar Kitten

I'm honestly surprised that Gambino hasn't sold out yet.

And I don't even know if Barton will sell out... which is sad since that's my favorite team! (Not at all my favorite colors but...)

I really don't like this type of "voting" system. Since usually people just pick the best colors.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Girl 801
caisu

Mortalitasi

Yes, but they get paid with the money out of OUR pockets. That's why Gaia is effectively wasting our money on this useless "voting system" instead of using it to create something we can actually use or - god forbid - invest it in improving the site.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I already voiced what I thought about this debacle when the favors came out.

But I realized that this literally the shittiest catch 22:
If all the favors don't sellout, one or two towns get left behind.
If all the favors do sellout, the higher ups at Gaia will be tempted to do this s**t again.

neutral

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
for the ones that already sold out, are the items out already? Could have sworn I saw that gun/blaster on an avi already...I just didn't remember what colour rolleyes

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Ven Loki

new pic in your sig? I like it, especially the eyes, contacts?

did you go somewhere or just felt like dressing up smile

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
Do I like this form of voting?

Not really. For obvious reasons stated previously...

I love town recolors though. As you can see from my avatar, I am Team Durem but I have bought favors for all 4 towns. I have all of the Heart of the Gaian items as well as event items from the past. I want to see more Gaia Town colored items because this is something that makes Gaia Gaia. True that Team Durem colors don't fit in with the original inspiration (Splatoon) but I don't think that should necessarily prohibit a recolor from being made (This was mentioned by someone earlier in the thread). Black and Red are very popular colors even without the Durem brand on it. My 2nd home is Barton though and I do hope that all of the towns sell out because although the yellow and brown isn't common, it'll give me one more item to use in a Barton spirit avatar which would be great!

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I am annoyed at the promotion but a tad relieved the sales point to everyone getting their items.

One thing to point out? They may or may not have already done the items. Generating a mock up and coloring all the different poses of an item is not the same thing, and coloring arm poses, standing/sitting, front/back and multiple poses is logically more work than just making something for an ad.

Also your purchases of GC fund MORE than just artist work. You are paying for data, servers, marketing team, administrative and management personnel, programmers, and so on. This is not just pixel art. This is an experience.

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
`Hydro
Also your purchases of GC fund MORE than just artist work. You are paying for data, servers, marketing team, administrative and management personnel, programmers, and so on. This is not just pixel art. This is an experience.

^----- This. I can't agree with this more. Yes, it's frustrating when someone can't afford GC items and the gold inflation has been insane. However, I'd rather put what money I have when I can into the site so that it can persist. It may be a drop in the bucket but I want to do my part.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff