Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Hello GCD! The Favors Are Now Open! Big props to Tsukita-chan for providing the MP links:

Team Barton

MP Link:User Image

Team Wings:User Image

Team Gambino

MP Link:

User Image

Team Durem

Team Aekea

And new spoons GCD:

gaia_spoons Are you satisfied with these recolours? gaia_spoons

gaia_spoons Are you bracing yourself for more Street Dye recolours now that the Favors are done? gaia_spoons

And still here are the old spoons:

gaia_spoons Did you like this type of voting system? gaia_spoons

gaia_spoons Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash? gaia_spoons

gaia_spoons Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor? gaia_spoons

gaia_spoons Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out? gaia_spoons

*After work I'll get things cleaned up.*

Angelic Blob

Did you like this type of voting system?
--- No.

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?
--- It seemed to work with the Rock Vocalists event... not sure why they didn't just repeat that with this.

Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?
--- Didn't do anything at all yet. lol I support Aekea every time though.

Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
--- Just selling the Limited as limited without a hook would have worked in their 'favor'.

Perfect Saint

Durem always seems to pull off the early lead. Let's see what happens.
I'm tempted to 'vote' for Team Aekea solely for the black and white recolor even though I do not like that Town.

Angelic Healer

I'm glad Durem made it and I can't wait to Ink it up Durem style. I was hoping the bundle would open once it sold out but it looks like I have to wait until the 20th emotion_8c

I don't see Aekea having a problem selling out, I think Gambino will make it due to it being faithful recolor to one of the Inklings. The only one I don't see selling out is Barton. It just isn't a very popular color scheme compared to the rest of the towns.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

I still don't like this idea and I hope it's never done again. I want to support my team and its recolor, but I can't. So I'm stuck sitting here and possibly watching as it might not reach the end. =/

Wintry Dragon

I don't like the "put your money where your mouth is" style of voting. No money; no vote is where I am at. emo

Tipsy Genius

I "voted" for colors, not towns--and I'm increasingly worried that I just wasted 2x $5. Life is hard when you're a squid...and a kid...and a squid...and a--well, you get my point.

Personally, I don't like this method of voting, at least when the "perk" is a full LQI. I feel like it should have been the other way around, with the initial items being the Splatoon-inspired LQI and the winning perk being the exclusive single pose item that most people don't care for. (No offense if you're into them--but I'm pretty sure nobody paid $5 for the wings.)

Fashionable Gaian

This is was pointless imho. Obvious Durem and Akea have popular color combos, so they are going to be sold out regardless if the buyer was on the team or not. Only reason why Barton and Gambino are not taking a bait, because of the colors.

Personally we have enough black/red and monochromatic items.There is no point really when Gaia will eventually going to make the street dye in Akea/Durem colors anyways, its not like Barton's colors that you hardly see at all.

I will dump 5 bucks when I get around to get my teams wings (go Barton!) and Gambino for an alt.

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
I'm not surprised one bit that the crappiest of the color schemes sold out. And I mean crappy as in, it's the most unfitting color scheme for an item that references something so much more bright and vibrant. The whole thing overall was dirty pool.

Ink-Covered Monarch

42,750 Points
  • Inked Child 500
  • Undersea Queen 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am a Durem girl, and yet I'm sad that it sold out first. The colors are harsh and make the item appear as if it was pixeled terribly. Gambino is the best outta the four in my opinion, yet I won't be surprised if it won't sell out. We'll have two bland recolors while the other two are left in purgatory for who knows how long.

Gaia, never do this again. Just release the items in a bundle/tier/etc. You clearly already recolored the item in the different colors prior to releasing this mini-event-thing, so stating that you will not release them, unless they've sold out/sold the most is completely pointless.

Modern Mecha

I'm not surprised Durem sold out first, and as much as I like Aekea, a black and white recolor for an item like this is kinda....meh.

I hope Barton and Gambino sell out, they both look so much better than the other two.
Did you like this type of voting system?
No.

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?
Yes! If other team favor aren't sold out and receive a pair of wings. They should put Splatoon Recolor items to Loyal's

Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?
I love Barton town, not color. Duh! I like Gambino Team Favor, because of hair. LOL

Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
Limited items are okay to me.

Mind you, I just bought 5 of each Team Favors. Bwahaha!

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Like I said when it originally came out, I bought the Durem favor because I'm a Duremite. It's never been about the colors or anything for me. I legit like supporting my favorite town so nothing can take that feeling away from me.

THAT BEING SAID.

I wish they didn't go this route for a Town item. And I legit hope it doesn't become a thing. Town support should be easily accessible for all. Casting a vote for a maybe item just feels icky, especially when it looks like a good bit of work went into each of the towns. Just knowing that there's the real possibility that not meeting a quota would basically throw that work away is icky. Even if you're getting team wings regardless. I wish it was like the Heart of Items. I'd be more willing to wait for all four town recolors to be ready and shell out more money if they were all put into a bundle. Easily.

I mean they poop out so many recolors so fast some within the same day I don't get why this particular recoloring in town colors wants to go this route

User Image

Demonic Sex Symbol

40,925 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Runway First Contestant 50
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
I don't want to get GC but I couldn't pass up on the Durem item.

Greedy Drake

I didnt like the voting system because it feels like a rip-off for all the "losers" I think I liked the durem the second least, but I didnt care for any of the splatoon recolors thankfully since they all seem rushed/bland? I hope they dont do it again, because if they had recolors I actually liked instead of some crappy recolor won id be mad that they "never" would release them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff