Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Triana Orpheus Venture
`Hydro
Also your purchases of GC fund MORE than just artist work. You are paying for data, servers, marketing team, administrative and management personnel, programmers, and so on. This is not just pixel art. This is an experience.

^----- This. I can't agree with this more. Yes, it's frustrating when someone can't afford GC items and the gold inflation has been insane. However, I'd rather put what money I have when I can into the site so that it can persist. It may be a drop in the bucket but I want to do my part.

And you know something else? Not having ADs is really a joy. I would scrounge up just a few dollars every month just for that. And those tokens are at 499, which I know no one wants to hear this but its pretty fairly priced for an LQI that's also got a longer time table. They did play a few aspects of the promotion correctly even if I don't agree with the overall idea. There is more to this than our knee jerk reactions....

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
`Hydro
And you know something else? Not having ADs is really a joy. I would scrounge up just a few dollars every month just for that. And those tokens are at 499, which I know no one wants to hear this but its pretty fairly priced for an LQI that's also got a longer time table. They did play a few aspects of the promotion correctly even if I don't agree with the overall idea. There is more to this than our knee jerk reactions....

Indeed. While a lot of issues are well founded, there are just as many, if not more, that have no desire to see the logic and ideas of how a business needs to be run and yes, Gaia Online is a business.

Conservative Explorer

This voting system sucks on ice. I'm a big fan of Barton, but I can't buy a favor to support my favorite town, and by the looks of it, a Barton themed Street Dye will not be released if the pace doesn't pick up. Yo, Gaia, stop sapping our money and focus more on the people who can't afford GCash.

I swear, never let this happen again. I'll stick to gold kickstarters, thank you. It helps get more votes this way, and helps pump excess gold out of the economy.

Come on, guys, Barton needs to be funded, too.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Torchion
This voting system sucks on ice. I'm a big fan of Barton, but I can't buy a favor to support my favorite town, and by the looks of it, a Barton themed Street Dye will not be released if the pace doesn't pick up. Yo, Gaia, stop sapping our money and focus more on the people who can't afford GCash.

I swear, never let this happen again. I'll stick to gold kickstarters, thank you. It helps get more votes this way, and helps pump excess gold out of the economy.

228 to go with 4 days left...let's see, that's 571 that have sold over the course of three days (promo started Sat) so that's roughly 190 units per day. We have 4 days left, so as long as the rate of sales do not slow down more than 60 units per day, things are looking good actually. Let's hope todays flash sale coupled with the $2 coupon ($12 of GC for $7 actual USD if you use the coupon) helps spurs sales.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
WraythRose Darkthorn
Ven Loki

new pic in your sig? I like it, especially the eyes, contacts?

did you go somewhere or just felt like dressing up smile

Yes, it's contacts but thanks c: My natural eye colour is brown

It was just a test for a costume I am working on, I didn't go anywhere in it yet

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

Maybe if Barton or Gambino doesn't sellout they'll have a sudden death kickstart in gold to get it released. It would still be in Gaia's favor cuz there's a gold gen right now in the shop and anyone who bought the favor still gets the wings. Might be wishful thinking but its still an idea if they try doing this again.

Winter Soldier

29,915 Points
  • Together 'Til the End of the Line 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Hiss of Love 200
Six Mekhane
Maybe if Barton or Gambino doesn't sellout they'll have a sudden death kickstart in gold to get it released. It would still be in Gaia's favor cuz there's a gold gen right now in the shop and anyone who bought the favor still gets the wings. Might be wishful thinking but its still an idea if they try doing this again.

But then that cheapens the fact that there are those of us who did support the Kickstarter using GC. I'm thinking I might buy some extras of Barton and Gambino and use them in giveaways regardless of whether it's the wings or the splatter dye recolors.

Conservative Explorer

`Hydro
Torchion

228 to go with 4 days left...let's see, that's 571 that have sold over the course of three days (promo started Sat) so that's roughly 190 units per day. We have 4 days left, so as long as the rate of sales do not slow down more than 60 units per day, things are looking good actually. Let's hope todays flash sale coupled with the $2 coupon ($12 of GC for $7 actual USD if you use the coupon) helps spurs sales.

Sounds like it could turn up, but even if its over the course of a few more days, it might not sell out before the kickstarter ends if there aren't enough people who want the Barton favor a whole lot. Also, I haven't bought a favor yet, considering I never have GCash, ever. Even doing the cash tree offers is too confusing for me. Also, no chance I'll be gifted one, either...

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Torchion
`Hydro
Torchion

Sounds like it could turn up, but even if its over the course of a few more days, it might not sell out before the kickstarter ends if there aren't enough people who want the Barton favor a whole lot. Also, I haven't bought a favor yet, considering I never have GCash, ever. Even doing the cash tree offers is too confusing for me. Also, no chance I'll be gifted one, either...

Hang in there, it's too soon to call Barton out of the running. I know it feels like it sucks for the non GC users but at least there is still a chance.

Stubborn Gifter

Glad to see my two favorite towns got "voted" so well. Now let's hope Gambino and Barton get sold out before the due date.

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Ven Loki
WraythRose Darkthorn
Ven Loki

new pic in your sig? I like it, especially the eyes, contacts?

did you go somewhere or just felt like dressing up smile

Yes, it's contacts but thanks c: My natural eye colour is brown

It was just a test for a costume I am working on, I didn't go anywhere in it yet

My natural eye colour is brown as well. yay us non-mutants xd

well looks good so far, what are you doing new for the costume?

Dapper Gaian

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ven Loki
Yes, but they get paid with the money out of OUR pockets. That's why Gaia is effectively wasting our money on this useless "voting system" instead of using it to create something we can actually use or - god forbid - invest it in improving the site.

I know what you're saying, but paying for artists is part of the investment, right?

Honestly I think this voting thing is kinda eye-opening. It's pretty much a color poll in disguise, and we get a good idea what colors people are willing to buy and why Gaia always release so much (and so little) of certain color schemes. Also 499gc (plus adding the coupon sale shinanigens) for even just one exclusive item is quite a bargain.

xX-Stacyx's Wife

Snarky Vermin

49,690 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hellraiser 500
The spending tier they just put up with a highly-desired item in a popular color scheme at the very top should help.

I hope so.

I already bought one of every town color. xd

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Girl 801
Ven Loki
Yes, but they get paid with the money out of OUR pockets. That's why Gaia is effectively wasting our money on this useless "voting system" instead of using it to create something we can actually use or - god forbid - invest it in improving the site.

I know what you're saying, but paying for artists is part of the investment, right?

Honestly I think this voting thing is kinda eye-opening. It's pretty much a color poll in disguise, and we get a good idea what colors people are willing to buy and why Gaia always release so much (and so little) of certain color schemes. Also 499gc (plus adding the coupon sale shinanigens) for even just one exclusive item is quite a bargain.
I guess I just feel miffed that they are showing us an item that was made with our money and then "destroy" it if we don't spend EVEN more money, you know?

I really want the Gambino item but I don't want to support this voting system... so meeeeh

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

To whoever gifted me a Gambino Favor, thank you! crying You have no idea how much that means to me.

Less than 200 units left of the Barton favor, and just over 100 units left for the Gambino. Here's hoping the tier will help sell them out. emotion_yatta

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces