Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Is the beginning of a new trend, joining the likes of coupons.

You think they would at least add spending tiers, but even those seem to be lacking lately.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I wasn't really sure of what was going on with this, I was fairly preoccupied this weekend. After reading these posts and the event details itself, I can safely say I'm glad I wasn't interested.

They could have done with they did with the "Heart of ___" items, but this seems a bit unfair. Not to mention pricey. I mean, they could have had it where everyone bought the color they wanted, and the wings themselves would go to the winning team. Or something. :c

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I'm kinda miffed that Durem sold out. Everyone always goes team Durem and the whole black and red thing is definitely full of teen angst... which in the past has been a large chunk of the userbase.

I kinda lucked out in the colors here... I've been dying for a recolor of street dye, and RED AND BLACK ARE NOT IT. I like red and black. I have a character based after that, but this recolor is not usable at all with the current street dye.

The reason I say I lucked out is that every year on Gaia I have always sided with Gambino Island. They have a recolor that I would actually want to see, so it was an easy choice. But I'm annoyed that it may not even sell out. There are too many units of each for people to get all of them right now. That's a large chunk of money. So I'm kinda pissed that I likely spent money on a vote for nothing... and if I had realized exactly how the voting system worked I probably wouldn't have at all.

Excitable Loiterer

having the option to vote with gold would have been amazing
and i got barton and gambino
the two that are going the slowest right now :c

Shirtless Fatcat

sell* sorry, I had to.

I always am team Durem so it's cool that they finished first.
            I don't buy GC so I'll probably never be able to afford the item on the MP.
            if I even want it, that is.
            a gold option would have been really cool.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Team Durem the first to sell out? Nah, Team Gaia is the first to sell out.

Baby

B3autiful Hangover
This is was pointless imho. Obvious Durem and Akea have popular color combos, so they are going to be sold out regardless if the buyer was on the team or not. Only reason why Barton and Gambino are not taking a bait, because of the colors.

Personally we have enough black/red and monochromatic items.There is no point really when Gaia will eventually going to make the street dye in Akea/Durem colors anyways,its not like Barton's colors that you hardly see at all.

This.
I was actually in favor of the Gambino color scheme. White and Aqua? That would've looked so nice for Street Dye.

Naughty Pants

Barton is by far my fave color scheme and town. But it looks like that one will come up with nothing. sad So sad. It's such a pretty color combo.

I'm also fond of Gambino for the same reason. I like color and I get awfully sick of the same black/red and black/white schemes all the time.

Shameless Strawberry

29,040 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
So when do the dang things open? >_>
I want to be a squid already.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Did you like this type of voting system?
No. emotion_donotwant

Should a Gold Shop system, possible using Loyal's, be made for those who don't use GCash?
Yes. I had suggested something along those lines yesterday.
If we had both options, people can vote either way, regardless of whether they are short on Gold or GCash.
It would have allowed more people to participate.

Did you vote for another Team Favor because you liked that Towns color better for the recolor?
I didn't vote. I was Team No Cash.

Do you think Gaia would actually miss an opportunity to make money by not finding another way to make the recolours if the other Town favors don't sell out?
They've really done a damned if you do, and damned if they don't with this one.

People are pissed because it feels like these pre-made recolors are being held hostage, saying they'll NEVER be released if they don't sell out by the due date.
Now, if they DO happen to release them down the road, people will call foul because they threw money at a chance for something to be released after being told that it never would at a later date.

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
Tsunlock

They'll open on the 20th. yum_puddi

Shameless Strawberry

29,040 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Yokies
Tsunlock

They'll open on the 20th. yum_puddi
Aw, buu.
Here I was hoping that they'd open when they sold out.
Sigh. Now those extended timers on them means an even longer wait than when they first appeared. =w=

CallMeCuriosity's Significant Otter

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
Tsunlock
Aw, buu.
Here I was hoping that they'd open when they sold out.
Sigh. Now those extended timers on them means an even longer wait than when they first appeared. =w=

I'm still nervously watching Gambino and hoping it sells out. xd

Darling Trickster

18,175 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
While I was glad to see the sqidlings, I was less than thrilled about Gaia's sell-out-to-vote method. It's too easy for people with the money to burn to just repeat buy an item they probably don't even want... so it's just a pay-to-win wall that makes me, and possibly others, feel left out when all we can afford is the one we like. cat_crying cat_emo

Seasonal Carpenter

I hate this method, I really do. But I still caved in and supported Gambino. I just hope this doesn't happen again. Worst Idea Ever!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff