Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you / would you use Gaia's houses?

Yes! I use this feature currently. 0.13682812180666 13.7% [ 1339 ]
I would use this feature if it were updated! (bug fixes / new items) 0.42254240752095 42.3% [ 4135 ]
No, I have little to no interest in this feature. 0.38503985285101 38.5% [ 3768 ]
Idk, I'm just taking this poll for the gold! 0.055589617821377 5.6% [ 544 ]
Total Votes:[ 9786 ]
This poll closed on March 6, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 80 81 > >>

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I, like numerous others would probably like to have some new items and fish available for our aquariums and booty grabbing!! PLEASE?? heart heart

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
No interest in houses. I'd rather efforts go towards other useful features like inventory arranger and guilds.

Anxious Spirit

I love decorating my house! I really hope you update this feature.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The last time I redecorated was at Christmas.

I think if you went down the list of RIG or cash shop bundle themes, you could come up with lots of ideas for housing. Like Radio Havoc makes me think of graffiti and brick wall tiles, bus station benches and big broken shop windows that could take up half the wall. Or that mini winter RIG, snowy field wall and floor tiles, crystalline furniture, icy chandeliers, and frosted window panes. The troubled waters bundle: porthole windows, leather and brass furniture, a chest closed or spilling over with treasure. A jolly roger that could be pinned to the walls, or perhaps the burnt and bullet-ridden flags of captured ships. Maybe even a glimpse of the fabled land the necklace led to, in the form of their furnishings.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
Sweet Sentiment

I think if you went down the list of RIG or cash shop bundle themes, you could come up with lots of ideas for housing. Like Radio Havoc makes me think of graffiti and brick wall tiles, bus station benches and big broken shop windows that could take up half the wall. Or that mini winter RIG, snowy field wall and floor tiles, crystalline furniture, icy chandeliers, and frosted window panes. The troubled waters bundle: porthole windows, leather and brass furniture, a chest closed or spilling over with treasure. A jolly roger that could be pinned to the walls, or perhaps the burnt and bullet-ridden flags of captured ships. Maybe even a glimpse of the fabled land the necklace led to, in the form of their furnishings.

There ya go! RIG connections! I love it!

LaPivoineRouge
I recently rejoined Gaia after not being on for several years, so I'm not sure how old Towns 2 is, but I do like that update. However, it still hasn't really been enough, for me at least, to use my house on a daily basis. I do think that if there were some new updates/new products for the Houses, and if there were more things to do in the Towns area, I would personally use it more often.

I think it would be awesome if we could actually use the items that we buy for our homes, like being able to sit on the furniture, for instance. It'd be super cool if we could even get animated pets for our homes too!

Furthermore, I think it'd be cool to have more features and activities for Towns 2. It seems to have a lot of interesting areas and buildings, but not much to do. We can't even talk to the people with the street carts. I think if Gaia used the redesign of Towns as a foundation, but added more activities, it could have some great potential biggrin Let us play on the beach (collect seashells even?), let us go inside the buildings (how neat would it be if there was a "café" that Gaians could go inside and "eat" at?), etc.

Although I can't lie, one feature that was really awesome from the last time I was on Gaia was the Theater! smile

Another Theater fan! I also like the seashells idea.

InsomniacQueen
Back to the idea of houses though, we can't decorate the outsides - choose our own color or anything right? Nor decorate for the holidays, on our own.

And for Gaia cars and the taxi service - how about an option where you can just chill INSIDE them, rather than getting to where you're going all too fast?

Like if you and a friend hop in the same taxi you can chill in the backseat for say, I dunno - 5 min, or have an option of time to pick so you can talk there, see "scenery" go by out the windows and have noises pass too. Same with Gaia cars, let people just "hang" in them as you're driving or even while you're parked. If you're parked at the Rally, etc. by staying in the car with your friend or friends it's like having a private convo while IN a public place. That'd be neat.

Hanging our own Christmas lights!! Awesome! I also like the cab ride idea.

Doram
OV8ION
I like using houses. I decorate each one. I like that my avi, no matter how far she wanders, always has a home to return to.

I would like to see games with houses, ie, "collect" tokens from each house to show you've visited them.

Well, we already have a "guest book" of sorts in our profile. Let's throw that in too!

InsomniacQueen
Doram
InsomniacQueen
Doram

Thank you! And I didn't even think of Journals. Nice thought with the books on a desk thing. Heck, let's put our world in this world and have a computer in our house that brings us to the forums! XD

Hey that would rock too! LOL. I wish they'd bring back the Gaia movie theater too, I miss that. Or if the windows are open and other peoples avi's are currently wandering in your Town's block you can hear "general chatter" (noise of people) to lure you outside to say hi. New way to make friends? Oh and what about Gaia vacations? LOL. Like in Gambino you can SEE the beach, even walk partially into the water but can't really "play" in it. Could have a Gaia Resorts hotel?

God I need to stop now. xd

The THEATER! I loved that feature. I miss it too.

No! Don't stop! XD This is what they wanted. Ideas! Let's show them how many we can come up with!

I like Rhyvinn's idea of the Alchemy table, and the dresser linked to changing our avi! And as for playing in the water, it's not like they haven't done it before during summer events. Remember the water gun summer event, or the snowballs during one of the winters. Heck, some of us still have water balloons...

True but shouldn't things like that be an all the time (for the right season) kinda thing? If you make a broad event like that I think it should stay, so the next summer you can squirt and balloon bomb your heart out as Gaia announces it's new event that's different? Keep challenging the developers and artists like that you know?

ARTISTS! Gaian's adore art more than their avis themselves sometimes. What if they made a Gaia Art Gallery - housing all artists in 1 place to preview their work? Because it's daunting on the art forum, there's hundreds of artists so TONS of threads to go through to try and find someone you wanna commission. The art gallery could be a teaser. Show I dunno, 1-3 of the artists best work and if you like them, clicking will take you to their profile and on there they usually have the link to their art forum thread.

People could also vote on all the artists - most popular by month gets a prize or something, or just the notoriety? Or their thread gets a STICKY for a month.

Somehow showcase it for the industry it's become.

The alchemy idea I like too! Or maybe they could put in a special "attic" in your house, if you're active in that. Yanno all spooky and well, lab/work room looking?

I was also thinking of the Gaia conventions they hold in real life. What if they had one here on Gaia? You could rent your own booth - like you're a ticket seller, a fish seller, trash seller, maybe you own a bumping service, etc. People could come to your booth and actually start the talk with you like in the Town type setting and if they like your salesmanship they could click your avi or a link stuck on your booth to go to your thread - or maybe it would open a trade window, etc.

Oooh! That's a new use for Barton Coliseum! It's already where the Art Arena is held, but they can have conventions there too! I also like the idea of having featured artists with their work displayed, with links to their threads.

Sorry about the pagestretch, but I was gathering good ideas I saw and making sure they were quoted on an easily found page (55).

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
I sorta use my house, but it's been awhile since I bothered going into it as there's not really much to do aside from put up the few Christmas or Halloween themed items I was able to get to make it festive for the holiday. I'd use it more if there were more items that I actually wanted to use in the house and if there was more than one room. I was excited for Towns 2 as I thought the whole housing would look more like a few houses I've seen while having to do some item quest through whatever it's called that I guess is supposed to be a downtown area (forgive me, been a long day and I'm too tired to remember what it's called at the moment lol ). I want rooms, and lots of different styles of furniture/wallpaper/floors/doors/windows to choose from. Have stuff for our pets (whenever that system comes out) to interact with. OH! And please, please figure out a way for a lot of our avatar items to be placed in our homes. There are so many event and freebie items that I may not be able to use on my avatar, but would be cool to have in my house. Maybe have at least one item from events be something for our houses, something that lets others know that we participated. I would love this stuff- but only after the Inventory Arranger has been updated, because it's such a pain to try and find anything right now, and having all of my housing stuff in one place would be very helpful. lol

High-functioning Hoarder

Sweet Sentiment

THIS
Another thing, Gaia Aquariums - would be awesome to have our aquarium in our house. A "done to scale" version of course so it would almost, kindasorta have a "tank snow globe" like effect if viewed from inside? And instead of having the music play with it maybe add another noise option for indoors like the bubbling noise filters make.

I know in real life there was nothing better sometimes than sitting in a dark room watching my tank (with its light on) and listening to the gurgles and bubbles.

Someone else mentioned pets - maybe we could combine the two. Take the pets offered normally as items and have them be house pets? Playing fetch with a dog would be cool I think, LOL.

It also gives way to more fun stuff - like at Halloween, there might be a "monster in your closet" or "under your bed" kinda event. Or make a "junk drawer" that serves as it's own "daily chance" since the Aquarium has a feature like that.

Or what if you bought art off a Gaia artist and you had the option of making it a hanging painting in your house too?

Benevolent Phantom

17,050 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I like having a house for the same reason I like having a car. I don't really use it or go to the towns that often but if/when I do I have it there.
Actually, I spend more time decorating my house than I do spend time in it lol But I just recently finished decorating; just updated my house to the largest size. I've got the typical "home" feel with a bedroom, kitchen, living room... plus the little things I've always wanted like a piano, vending/gumball machine, popcorn cart, as well as pumpkins and plants everywhere! I've got a cool checkerboard black-and-white feel going on with some coral and leftover presents for some splash of colour 3nodding
Christmas was difficult to decorate because of layering issues with my tree and the lights/ornaments confused Actually, it seems every time I enter my house my fridge layers over the sink beside it... kind of annoying.

As for furniture and decorations; I would like to see more gold shop items. The coolest housing items were released in the Cash Shop and when they left the amount of people with the item(s) dropped and the price of them in the marketplace skyrocketed. I'd be great to see more "constant" items that won't disappear from the shops.
I like the new "animated" objects feature! The working televisions, toaster, microwave, phone, and even the Coke bottle! Maybe some more animated items?
Actually, if it was one thing I've always wanted it would be the combination of different things you can do/get on Gaia. Like having your aquarium in your house or having an attached garage with your car... I have ALWAYS wanted a yard (front and/or back) I could decorate with plants and garden gnomes and a bench and a gazebo! whee

I honestly can't say what would make housing - or the Towns - more exciting. Maybe some merger with ZOMG or another kind of game? I'd be great to see more interaction in the Towns themselves. I remember when I spent hours in the Towns in summer playing in the pools with dozens of other people... Maybe a beach or something? I'd love to see some kind of mini-games like the Rejected Olympics. At least it would bring more attention to the Towns and have that trickle down into Housing.

High-functioning Hoarder

I created a bitchen house .... and now ... I dunno, I guess it's "finished". It needs more items to make it interesting for me. I view my house like a online Miniature Doll House, so I can 're-dress' it, similar to an avatar, So more items would be great! (I loved designing my house so much that I went and did a full blown makeover for all my mule's homes too!)

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I decorate my house whenever there's updates. Or around the holidays.

Even though it doesn't make much sense logically, I'd like any barriers that stop movement to be removed. Do you know how much of a pain in the a** it is to collect bugs in Aekea or Durem? Having to take that stupid elevator, you waste too much time before the bug moves to a different floor. Unless you make some sort of bug-catching area with no obstacles and lots of bugs. More bugs than regular towns has.

That would be cool.
Or at Christmas you had the option of NOT opening "gifts" from friends or anons, etc. and could "put them under your Christmas tree" so you could open them on Christmas day either by yourself or with your friends invited over?

Could also make your house's mailbox a link to the Gaia mail screen.

Profitable Prophet

What kind of furniture / decorations would you like to see?
✮✮✮Walls are a must. Virtually everyone I know that's serious about Gaia Houses uses bookshelves to divide their rooms into subsections. I'd also like to see small rugs or "wallpapers" (one square unit) that could be easily tiled by the user, as well as a greater variety of basic furniture sets.

Do you currently use housing? If not, what would make you want to use it more?
✮✮✮I like using my house whenever possible, but the system is so old and clunky, it's difficult to get other people interested in visiting. Gaia Houses is a perfect way to host real time parties. Having a larger space to work with would allow for more people. Also, allowing users to walk through flooring items (for example, Chalk Outline) would make moving through the houses easier. Ease of use is the main thing here.

Is hour house currently decorated? If so, with what?
✮✮✮My house is currently decked out in zebra rugs and black leather furniture. It previously creepy warehouse theme, with a plethora of crates and barrels, so there's that too.

Profitable Prophet

[ Glass_wings ]
I created a bitchen house .... and now ... I dunno, I guess it's "finished". It needs more items to make it interesting for me. I view my house like a online Miniature Doll House, so I can 're-dress' it, similar to an avatar, So more items would be great! (I loved designing my house so much that I went and did a full blown makeover for all my mule's homes too!)

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Just wanted to say that your house is hella rad.

And further proof that we need a basic "wall" item. All dem bookshelves.

Friendly Sweetheart

8,950 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
I use it occasionally but not that often and I think I redecorated/used it last month last.

I think I would personally use it A LOT more often if you could actually sit in chair (semi-interact with certain items) and also if you could enable it to play youtube videos of our choosing so we could have friend over and watch youtube (I miss cinemas and know that the tvs in houses play that gaia video so I know it's possible to at least do this). Also ways to split up the room or have multiple rooms in a house would be really nice!

Maybe ones that look music and cinema oriented would look nice for new furniture along with pet items for animal item and base forms. I think you should also make a flower with flower pots and enable a way to gather up flowers and convert them into flower decorations would be pretty neat and make flowers laying around town more valuable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff