Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you / would you use Gaia's houses?

Yes! I use this feature currently. 0.13682812180666 13.7% [ 1339 ]
I would use this feature if it were updated! (bug fixes / new items) 0.42254240752095 42.3% [ 4135 ]
No, I have little to no interest in this feature. 0.38503985285101 38.5% [ 3768 ]
Idk, I'm just taking this poll for the gold! 0.055589617821377 5.6% [ 544 ]
Total Votes:[ 9786 ]
This poll closed on March 6, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 79 80 81 > >>

Loyal Partner

19,540 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock
Houses don't feel very interactive at this moment - there are some items you can interact with (you can turn on some appliances) but as far as interacting with most of the house goes, there is a definitive lack of interactivity with one's avatar.

The best-case scenario for houses would be that they felt entertaining to do on their own right. That you'd fill your house with entertaining items that would make you want to go there on your own, or even visit your friend's houses to see what they enjoy. Houses also don't feel as easy to "share" with others as other features of the site. Indeed it takes some effort to arrange a meeting between people at a given location in Towns. You almost have to hope someone is just around at a place already and just run into them.

Some personal suggestions:

- Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).

- More items with greater levels of interactivity might make such activities more enjoyable, and increase the lifetime of such activities and the frequency of them to a degree.

- A way to also "plan" events and send invitations to friends with a way to instantly get people into a given home if they're online would also be fantastic for getting events rolling in the first place.

- Some other lesser incentive to encourage visits to homes might include gold on daily visit: so people go to their neighborhoods more often. Perhaps "cleaning a house" or yard might yield more gold or otherwise, but be more of an optional activity that wouldn't degrade the house if one avoided doing it. Possible mini-game.

- One other idea would be to make towns a secondary part of the header to the site, so you're always in towns to some capacity, and can enlarge it upon noticing activity, as currently it requires multiple windows and alternating between the site and Towns, which in some cases is not ideal.

those are awesome ideas,i totally be up for those changes!!!

Thanks. I'd be interested to know which ones people would like more. I didn't put them in any particular order, personally. Additional feedback that might be useful I suppose?

I really like the first one alot,Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).
i would like to actually have a bathroom and bedroom separate from the kitchen haha,and special events like party's would be awesome! Maybe if you could play games at the party to earn gold too!

Stairs, doors, and walls... they could add so much flavor! So many possibilities. emotion_kirakira I particularly know role-players who might really like to have additional rooms so they could share and perhaps occupy part of the same house with members of their in-game families.

There's another idea: in-game families could lead to shared homes. That could be very neat!

Naughty Goat

Never even use it emotion_eyebrow

Friendly Hunter

Ebonlock
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock
Houses don't feel very interactive at this moment - there are some items you can interact with (you can turn on some appliances) but as far as interacting with most of the house goes, there is a definitive lack of interactivity with one's avatar.

The best-case scenario for houses would be that they felt entertaining to do on their own right. That you'd fill your house with entertaining items that would make you want to go there on your own, or even visit your friend's houses to see what they enjoy. Houses also don't feel as easy to "share" with others as other features of the site. Indeed it takes some effort to arrange a meeting between people at a given location in Towns. You almost have to hope someone is just around at a place already and just run into them.

- Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).

- More items with greater levels of interactivity might make such activities more enjoyable, and increase the lifetime of such activities and the frequency of them to a degree.

- A way to also "plan" events and send invitations to friends with a way to instantly get people into a given home if they're online would also be fantastic for getting events rolling in the first place.

- Some other lesser incentive to encourage visits to homes might include gold on daily visit: so people go to their neighborhoods more often. Perhaps "cleaning a house" or yard might yield more gold or otherwise, but be more of an optional activity that wouldn't degrade the house if one avoided doing it. Possible mini-game.

- One other idea would be to make towns a secondary part of the header to the site, so you're always in towns to some capacity, and can enlarge it upon noticing activity, as currently it requires multiple windows and alternating between the site and Towns, which in some cases is not ideal.

Thanks. I'd be interested to know which ones people would like more. I didn't put them in any particular order, personally. Additional feedback that might be useful I suppose?

Adding my two cents here--I thought these were great suggestions! I like the house feature but I agree with a lot of other people that there isn't a lot to do with it currently. In terms of what I'd like to see most out of the ideas you put forth, here's my hierarchy:

1 - More space/actual rooms so that we're not limited to one relatively small room
2 - We really need some new items. This would tie in well with getting more space to work with. I'd love to have an actual kitchen, living room, etc.
3 - Have the towns as a secondary part of the header. I think this would help increase interaction among users and make it more interesting
4 & 5 - These kind of tie in the ranking but being able to interact with friend's houses and earn a bit more gold would be a big plus. And the idea of hosting events sounds fun--a nice way to add to places to meet beside Hollywood, etc.

Celestial Dog

I loved the housing feature when it first came out. But as it stands it's really outdated and could use a lot of love.

I'd suggest keeping housing items and upgrades GS-only.
but that's a wasted request.
but it'd still be appreciated.

let us have ONE goddamn feature that can be for everyone.

DrakenAlien 's Fangirl

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ebonlock
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock
MoonDustPower
Ebonlock

I really like the first one alot,Additional floors or even the construction of more rooms, being able to make a house truly large and a place to explore might make them more novel for visitors to be interested in going into, and more of a good place to conduct organized social activity (such as throwing a birthday party).
i would like to actually have a bathroom and bedroom separate from the kitchen haha,and special events like party's would be awesome! Maybe if you could play games at the party to earn gold too!

Stairs, doors, and walls... they could add so much flavor! So many possibilities. emotion_kirakira I particularly know role-players who might really like to have additional rooms so they could share and perhaps occupy part of the same house with members of their in-game families.

There's another idea: in-game families could lead to shared homes. That could be very neat!

OMG that's an awesome idea too,your very smart cat_4laugh

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
I use it, I just wish there were more to do with it. D:

Beloved Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I like houses. Decorating them is fun.

It would be the best if we could have a larger floor and construct a wall etc. (could be a GC
option), but I know how it'll impact the server...

Loyal Partner

19,540 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Csilla Silvana
Ebonlock

Yes to all of your suggestions, I've posted this a few times, I think it might be a good way to start trying to add more rooms.

You had a lot of really cool suggestions. One thing that kinda plays into a few of yours I think is just in general getting more games and such into homes - like, say, a garage in the home. People who like rally could access that through their garage, and those who like the Aquarium could access it via a fish tank in their house?

Really love a lot of your ideas. Super neat! Definitely think decorating should be more of a thing - maybe have a way to show the avatar working on the house during decoration, or even doable in real-time while in the house?

Stubborn Gifter

To be honest, I have no issue about what sort of furnitures/decorations people like to see in the house. What I'm more interest is the functions and setting of the houses. Here's the list I will be more interesting to see:

> Ability to upgrade AND downgrade the size of the house. (Seriously, I wanna downgrade my size)
> Ability to resize the furniture and/or decorations.
> Ability to put stuff INSIDE the bookselves (Seriously, it looks sad to see an empty bookselves.)

Aged Regular

8,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
MoonDustPower
Ash Mob
MoonDustPower
I love to decorate my house it makes me feel like an interior designer xp
I wish there were more options though. heart
A Sims game is a good option.

I'v tried the free one on fb its not really to my liking lol but i guess if the houses get taken down from here ill have to go back to sims for that stuff lol
Facebook games in general suck for your computer. I'm talking about Sims for PC or your game console. Not something though Facebook. More than likely, Homes isn't going anywhere. So you don't have to worry about that. They're just looking for ideas to add features with it that require Gaia Cash, I bet.

Bloodthirsty Kitten

37,040 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Would love to actually use my house more freely, have my character interact with things, sit down, lay down. Be in it when I want to change my clothes would be great too. Would love to have it more like a sim home. smile

Big Member

I miss towns 1. I had my house right next to my boyfriend's house and lost it when towns 2 happened. Now there doesn't seem to be a way to choose your plot or move it. I wanna be next to him again! crying

DrakenAlien 's Fangirl

Bashful Cutie-Pie

12,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ash Mob
MoonDustPower
Ash Mob
MoonDustPower
I love to decorate my house it makes me feel like an interior designer xp
I wish there were more options though. heart
A Sims game is a good option.

I'v tried the free one on fb its not really to my liking lol but i guess if the houses get taken down from here ill have to go back to sims for that stuff lol
Facebook games in general suck for your computer. I'm talking about Sims for PC or your game console. Not something though Facebook. More than likely, Homes isn't going anywhere. So you don't have to worry about that. They're just looking for ideas to add features with it that require Gaia Cash, I bet.

yeah i used to have a sims for game cube when that was out lol but that's long gone,i should buy a new sims game but only if they take away my house from here because i don't need it otherwise lol

Feline Paladin

Princess Angelishia
Hi everyone!

We here at Gaia HQ were just wondering how interested are you in Gaia's housing feature? Please take the poll above to let us know your interest in the housing feature of Gaia Online!

For anyone unfamiliar with housing, currently you can purchase a home in Towns 2 and decorate it!

Also, please feel free to post with your thoughts on the following!

✮ What kind of furniture / decorations would you like to see?
    ✮ Do you currently use housing? If not, what would make you want to use it more?
    ✮ Is hour house currently decorated? If so, with what?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Princess Angelishia

Note: The poll will close 3 days from when this topic was made.

New items would be nice. More middle-ages themed or gothic-themed. Castle-themed. Perhaps even church-themed? That would be really cool.

I don't get enough visitors in my house anymore, so I don't go there that much. sad If my friends would stop being busy and hang out again, I would go back.

Currently my house is a heap of furniture in one corner because of the glitch that wrecked decorations, but I never got around to cleaning it up. XP Hopefully that glitch is gone now, but I haven't checked.

Edit: Oh yeah, other site features DEFINITELY ARE more important. Inventory arranger especially.

Magical Glitch

31,375 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Princess Angelishia
We here at Gaia HQ were just wondering how interested are you in Gaia's housing feature? Please take the poll above to let us know your interest in the housing feature of Gaia Online!

✮ What kind of furniture / decorations would you like to see?
    ✮ Do you currently use housing? If not, what would make you want to use it more?
    ✮ Is hour house currently decorated? If so, with what?

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I like looking at my house. It's decorated. I spent tons doing it, but I don't use it much because Towns 2 is glitchy, and it doesn't interface with shops, my car (which I never use), my aquarium (for which I would love a furnature piece that allows my visitors to click and booty grab), or fishing, and I can't get from there to any of my achievements or zOMG badges, forum threads or anything. It has nothing to do with any other part of Gaia, so I'm not sure what my home is for. There is NOTHING to do with my friends in my house that I can't do (better) on skype. I can't get gaia cash or gold there, and bug upgrades are non-existant, so we NEVER see epic bugs there.

How about this... Can you answer my question: What are we supposed to use our homes for? Towns2 is kind of laggity, weird since it doesn't DO anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff