Welcome to Gaia! ::

I find it distasteful when people go around begging for Gold. Surely you would feel a greater sense of satisfaction if you achieved the item yourself by saving the amount of Gold?

Cold Snowflake

I give them tips on how to earn gold and if they don't take those tips and still continue to beg, I ignore them.

Lonely Lover

Barton Champion

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
I've gotten a couple of those before.

It gets annoying when people keep do that; it doesn't set a very good impression. There are a lot of ways to earn gold on the site anyways. It's supposed to take some time to save up, but it's very rewarding!

Sparkly Explorer

A lot of times I just give beggars a link to the aquarium forum, or just ignore them. The out and out, "DON8 TO ME I'M POOR" doesn't bug me as much as friends who are like, "OMG I'LL NEVER GET THIS ITEM crying " or "All my friends are getting richer and richer and I'm going nowhere." It's because I work hard for my gold and for my items.

7,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If you are like me who has some high end items then it can lead to people spamming you with messages asking for gold. Sad thing is I really don't have that much gold. My items are just expensive now verses when they were brand new.

Anyways the best thing to do is either delete their messages or give them a polite reply offering some gold making advice. They need to learn to make it their own way.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I actually got my first message for that recently.

I felt like a superstar for a second.

Then I ignored them, and moved on.

The world is a lovely place.

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
I am so poor looking that noone had asked me to make donation emo

Desirable Divorcee

cąη γου нεąя τнεм‽ τнεγ’яε cοмιηġ.

вυτ ąs ι ġązε∂ ιnτo τнε vąsτηεss οf τιмε

The only begging PMs I get are the occasional one asking for me to
"have a heart" and sell them an item listed in my MP (for a ridiculously low price).
Oh, and when I used to do giveaways on my old account, I got a lot then.
But since I've basically become a hermit on Gaia, I don't get any anymore emotion_awesome

ι нεąя∂ τнε sουη∂ οf ∂яυмs

τнεγ’яε ιη τнε sιġηąℓ. τнεγ’яε ιη мγ нεą∂.

Dangerous Visionary

I haven't gotten a begging message in a while.

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

Haven't gotten any begging PM/comments in awhile. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
I have always loved buying things, & re-selling them for a small profit.

Sometimes I buy several of them.

When I put them up for sell in the marketplace, I always get a PM from at least one person asking me "CaN i JuSt HaZ 1 4 fReE sInCe U hAz So MaNy?!?!?" or "Can I buy that item from you for this much cheaper amount since I KNOW you are rich."

There are even people who come in my lotto & post to beg me for gold. Which I can't understand because I have plenty of free games for them to play & they can easily earn gold if they would just stick around & post. That's all they need to do. Just post.

As soon as people wins, I give them their prize. After nicely explaining this to them, they get mad & leave & I never see them again. x_x

I'm to the point where I've turned my PM's to friends only to try to stop most of them.

Obsessive Werewolf

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageEvery single time. I mean it's like if an item is worth more than 1mil and you put it on the MP you are automatically going to get offers of "300k." No. No. NO. I don't mind getting PMs if they're reasonable offers. Like, 900k for a 1mil item. I haven't gotten a begging PM in probably over a year.
User Image

Tipsy Reindeer

I couldn't tell you the last time I've gotten any sort of message like that, it's been that long. I honestly think it highly depends on where you spend most of your time- not necessarily what you look like. I got a lot more pm's and such when I spent most of my time in the CB and SF than I do now since I just post here in the GCD.

I also don't use any of the virtual hangouts and I have my profile comments set to friends (I noticed most people prefer to leave comments than to actually message me, so that's probably partly why) and I do not use any of the footers. All of this probably adds up to me not seeing too many messages, if any at all.

I used to buy some cheap shop item and give it to the begger- usually worth at least 100g, and figured if they wanted gold that bad they could sell it. Then they couldn't say they didn't get anything and call me selfish. If they asked for a specific item of mine, I just ignored their message.

Most of the people who do beg know damn well how to get gold for their item, they just want the item NOW and are looking for that one sucker that will give them something substantial.

Jolie Ciel's Senpai

Man-Hungry Gawker

I always send beggars to the Charities and Quests forum, and they usually thank me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff