Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Succubus

Begging messages aren't that big a pain in the butt. Block, delete, report if they won't stop. It's not like they pissed on Christmas.
That's not anything new, I've always been asked to give gold and items, I just say I don't have the gold/questing. (Which a lot of the time I actually do.) I don't think much of it, since it isn't all that frequent for me at least. Most just want the easy way out. I just politely turn them down, and move on.
I think people know how to earn Gold they're just lazy or impatient; they want their quested item right now instead of saving up over a period of time.
Personally, I find it more rewarding to know that I saved a certain amount of Gold for an item I was questing.
I haven't actually been contacted by people begging for Gold but, if I notice they are a new user, I just notify or guide them to how they can earn Gold themselves.

Raider

7,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Nerd 50
The ignore button is your new best friend 3nodding

If they do it once - they might be new so I'd give them advise on earning gold.
If they do it twice - I hit ignore and move on.

The only people who I wouldn't mind asking me for gold are my friends - and they never ask xD

Enduring Hero

There'll always be people who try to take short cuts to get what they want, instead of earning it themselves. I just ignore those begging pms. If I'm in the mood to donate, I'll seek users out who I feel deserve it~ 3nodding

In a relationship with RedstarGalaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
bedsick
i'm always confused when people talk about this, because i've never gotten a begging pm once in my like, 6 years on here. i'm confused what beggars seem to target, cause some people complain all the time about getting pms, but some people i know have never gotten any.
User Image

Same... Although, it must not be too common of an occurrence, otherwise you'd imagine more of these "complaint" threads popping up all over the place cat_rolleyes

Unholy Sweetheart

14,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
There is an unlimited number of beggars in Gaia. If you ignore one, two more will pm you. It will never end.

I have Receive private messages setting to Friends Only. You might consider this option.

Champion

I haven't actually gotten a message like that for a while...but I'm not counting the ones begging for my Nice Suit for Work though. xd

The ones that I dislike the most are the Rally thug beggars asking for Lusty Scoundrel, Cloud, or Demonic Anklets...YEAH RIGHT AS IF I WOULD EVER WILLINGLY HELP FURTHER INCREASE YOUR POPULATION. scream

Stray Pigs's Waifu

Sexy Werewolf

9,575 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
I've never received begging messages. Just ignore it and move on.

Ihallaw's Significant Otter

Dedicated Capitalist

I've never had that problem. Maybe I look too poor?

Trash Genius

I had a friend outright ask for gold once...
it went some along the lines of, will u give me gold nice pplz, r else were no friends.

I was like... I don't want to reply, but I feel like I should... I didn't, but it bothered me because it was a friend I hadn't talked to in months!
but, there's a point to which you can horde your things, then giving some away is a nice feeling c:

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Oh, oh. On the topic of friends asking for gold.
I have a friend who constantly manages to get banned ask to share an account
with me. I thought she meant this account at first and I literally shat a brick.

You think I would share this, which I have spent hundreds of rl money on,
with someone as sketchy as you? LOL Flesh and blood doesn't know
this password. So you are certainly not special enough for that.

I get asked if people can ghost my items all the time though. That is
actually ten times worse than being asked for gold. Like. Can I haz
borrow ur thea, pale, rainy day, and botns thnx.

gtfo /facepalm

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I never get messages like that. ( Thank the Lord. ) But I can understand the feeling if simulated. If I ever get such a message, I would delete it.
dreamsk
l Poetic I
I've had to restart account's from scratch 5 time's, Lost millions and item's worth millions. I've worked hard and im once again slowly but surely getting stuff back. Some people are to lazy to earn for themselves. I couldn't ask someone for gold , even if they put it in trade . I'm taking something someone else worked hard for , that to me is just wrong.
I've tipped you and forced my 5g on you. How do you feel about that? lol

Seeing that it's 25 gold lol , i just tipped you it back 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas