7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune

I tipped your post and i agree i like to help i know i look like noob but i used to have 1 million gold but i gave it away now people are trying to get more gold from me and a girl i knew in rl took all my gold but idc at least i earn my own gold

Thank you, I like the feeling of having an item because you were able to earn the gold you made to buy that item. It's kind of sad when you think about it that you have to go far out sometimes to get an item you want on gaia...has turned into real life spending LMAO, but it's how it is.

Ikr i hope you have a good day and one suggestion dont help people on charity quests and stuff because i gave a dude 400k one time and he blocks me and deletes me thats why people need to stop, like earn it, its possible just get a gaia cash card and sell the items or play zomg and other games i hate people who think they can get their wayy

Never give out that much gold unless you are 100% trust that person. And even in the end this phrase should always be in your mind. "Never give when you know the person expects it rather then appreciates it."

ikr i think i can trust u now so if u need donations ill be happy to help u

Shameless Fatcat

I drives me up a wall when people are begging for things on gaia. I think it's fine so long as you keep it in your own thread, but it's all I can do to not tear someone a new one when they pester me in pm or in threads for gold. Even more so when you're excited about getting a windfall of gold (booty grab, some expensive item sold, whatever) and someone instantly says "Oh HAI so see you just found yourself in possession of a nice mil gold there, man I wish I had that much gold would you mind sharing some? You know, since you have so much?"

Also, this is more relevant elsewhere I suppose but on the same subject as begging, flipp'n people who beg for art. There are so many people who will ask for a picture and, with the assumption that they're intending to order from me, I'll quote them a price. Then the begging starts. Oh my god there's so much of it "But I don't haaaave that much and I can't draw myself, won't you please do it?" "But you gave >insert user name< free stuff why not me" "But I saw you in a freebie thread doing sketches why can't I have a full body fully shaded piece with detailed backgrounds and 50 characters?"

Actually those all apply to people harassing for gold as well, I just hear it way more often in the art forums. As though because you were generous once suddenly you owe all of gaia free stuff. That because you gave someone else something for free, you're now a horrible selfish person for not giving the next person who asks something as well.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
OhhJune
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune

I tipped your post and i agree i like to help i know i look like noob but i used to have 1 million gold but i gave it away now people are trying to get more gold from me and a girl i knew in rl took all my gold but idc at least i earn my own gold

Thank you, I like the feeling of having an item because you were able to earn the gold you made to buy that item. It's kind of sad when you think about it that you have to go far out sometimes to get an item you want on gaia...has turned into real life spending LMAO, but it's how it is.

Ikr i hope you have a good day and one suggestion dont help people on charity quests and stuff because i gave a dude 400k one time and he blocks me and deletes me thats why people need to stop, like earn it, its possible just get a gaia cash card and sell the items or play zomg and other games i hate people who think they can get their wayy

Never give out that much gold unless you are 100% trust that person. And even in the end this phrase should always be in your mind. "Never give when you know the person expects it rather then appreciates it."

Thank you.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Ravinie

Oh that is harsh man...I love free art myself, but I try to get them when people are offering free arts, not when they are not...some kids don't seem to care. >_<!

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
I only get ones asking if I could sell something cheaper than what I have it listed for in the market. I must be doing it wrong. dramallama

Shameless Fatcat

Strawberry-Fappuccino
Ravinie

Oh that is harsh man...I love free art myself, but I try to get them when people are offering free arts, not when they are not...some kids don't seem to care. >_<!

Oh nah nah, that's not what I meant ;-; If someone has a freebie thread going, or they're like "Yeah I'm doing everything free right now!" then it's cool to ask, but it's when either a) I'm NOT openly offering or b) I turn them down and they act like I'm an offensive jerk for it, that it becomes irritating. Just that entitled assumption that because sometimes it's free it should always be free, and everyone should get some : /

I guess I should also make a note that, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, there are many people on my friends list who I'm close to and most of the time if they ask me for anything I'm like OMG YES TAKE ALL MY STUFF LET ME DRAW YOU ALL THE PICTURES. Because I know them, and because I know that they're talking to me for more reasons than just that I'll give them free stuff. But then I get assaulted by people who I either don't know or kind of know but I'm not at all close to getting upset with me that they don't get anything.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Ravinie
Strawberry-Fappuccino
Ravinie

Oh nah nah, that's not what I meant ;-; If someone has a freebie thread going, or they're like "Yeah I'm doing everything free right now!" then it's cool to ask, but it's when either a) I'm NOT openly offering or b) I turn them down and they act like I'm an offensive jerk for it, that it becomes irritating. Just that entitled assumption that because sometimes it's free it should always be free, and everyone should get some : /

I guess I should also make a note that, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this, there are many people on my friends list who I'm close to and most of the time if they ask me for anything I'm like OMG YES TAKE ALL MY STUFF LET ME DRAW YOU ALL THE PICTURES. Because I know them, and because I know that they're talking to me for more reasons than just that I'll give them free stuff. But then I get assaulted by people who I either don't know or kind of know but I'm not at all close to getting upset with me that they don't get anything.

Mhmm well yes, it's rude to ask for free art when you know that artist is not offering free art that moment. Sorry to hear that that happens a lot. I don't frequent the art section a lot.

Generous Millionaire

7,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune
Strawberry-Fappuccino
OhhJune

Thank you.

your so very welcome
What I don't understand is the expectation of a clean inbox when you're an active, "richer", member of Gaia. If I had a lot of gold, which I do (invested in several accounts), I would only expect people to beg for my stuff. It comes with the territory. You either get used to it, or you give your stuff away.

whee

Hallowed Bunny

15,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
How weird, I never get begging mail. I used to be active in a charity thread, but I didn't get hassled even then. I've only had one actual begger but that was ages ago (I just blocked them).

Fashionable Nerd

10,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
I haven't received a begging PM in a while.
Only because I'm not that active on Gaia anymore.
I do see a lot of begging threads in the Chatterbox.
Some are really witty and funny, but the rest are just really sad.
I ignore most of them, honestly.

What is sad (this goes on any avatar site) are people who befriend you just to be able to directly or indirectly beg for items/gold from you.
It's a whole lot more despicable have a new 'friend' beg from you than to receive a generic begging message.

That might just be me though. Thus, I put the following on my profile:
"I'd love to be friends. Just as long as you aren't after pixel pretties or anything superficial like that. "

Naughty Shapeshifter

19,090 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
The whole Beg for items thing is one of my MANY pet peeves

Just today I had a friend BEGGING for the Inari's beads I have on right now.
And sometimes, a person uses the whole "Gaia gold Generator" Scam, Seriously? Do you think I am dumb?

Oi, these people need to learn to EARN gold by themselves. I dont often Donate, but when I do its to help someone who needs like 25k left to finish a dream avi, otherwise NO I am not gonna help you. emotion_donotwant

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Ryuketsubara
The whole Beg for items thing is one of my MANY pet peeves

Just today I had a friend BEGGING for the Inari's beads I have on right now.
And sometimes, a person uses the whole "Gaia gold Generator" Scam, Seriously? Do you think I am dumb?

Oi, these people need to learn to EARN gold by themselves. I dont often Donate, but when I do its to help someone who needs like 25k left to finish a dream avi, otherwise NO I am not gonna help you. emotion_donotwant

Exactly!!! I agree with you! I've noticed many people do that often where they walk around town or rally or even zOMG! and ask random people for donations. It's a bit rude to me. You are a total stranger, I don't know you, what reason is there to donate to you? It's good to try and earn the gold yourself. emotion_yatta
I never really got begging messages since I first joined. And even after I got the seal slippers. I got scam messages but never begging ones. I think it's more meaningful when you earn something yourself or someone donates when you didn't ask for it. As is the case with all my stuff.

Anti Hero

I delete & block beggers immidiatly. I don't really care about anyone else in this site other than my 3 special friends, so that means that if anybody else in my friend list dares to try it, they will get deleted and ignored. Works like a charm, I tell you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff