Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby
I assume they come from the marketplace because I have not got a single one since I've edited my marketplace store to be upfront that I don't give out free samples of gold and items.
I agree. Then again, I don't know if people get them simply because they look rich, which would be silly imo, but this is Gaia and I forget how strange of a place it can be.
Even with my poorly worded store front, I think I can count on one hand how many begging PM's I've received.

Nobody likes botherin a rustic faun and his serpentine companion. User Image

Maybe they don't want to bother what appears to be predatory avatars that are more likely to eat beggars than to given them gifts. rofl

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Sachie Whitby
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby
I assume they come from the marketplace because I have not got a single one since I've edited my marketplace store to be upfront that I don't give out free samples of gold and items.
I agree. Then again, I don't know if people get them simply because they look rich, which would be silly imo, but this is Gaia and I forget how strange of a place it can be.
Even with my poorly worded store front, I think I can count on one hand how many begging PM's I've received.

Maybe they don't want to bother what appears to be predatory avatars that are more likely to eat beggars than to given them gifts. rofl
User Image This theory I like very much.

I should include a warning sign that beggars will be fed to my snake.
I've had to restart account's from scratch 5 time's, Lost millions and item's worth millions. I've worked hard and im once again slowly but surely getting stuff back. Some people are to lazy to earn for themselves. I couldn't ask someone for gold , even if they put it in trade . I'm taking something someone else worked hard for , that to me is just wrong.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby

User Image This theory I like very much.

I should include a warning sign that beggars will be fed to my snake.

Good idea. I'll feed all my beggars to your snake, since I think they would taste no good.

Shy Warrior

User Image
Honestly, I only gotten one of those once....and it was years ago. I employed the method of: delete PM and carried on my merry way.

However, I got plenty of (not so) subtle begging from people that were once of my friend-list. They used "I'm questing for >insert item< it's sooo expensive". My response to them was "good luck with that". Now that I hate emotion_donotwant .

Or those users that PM trying to get items I listed on the MP for less. I've gotten quite a few of those. But I just don't ever reply to them.

Maybe don't rise to them? I figure they're not worth the bother.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Well maybe I should clarify that some of these PM's I get are from meboo too, a lot of people like to meboo me randomly to say stuff like hey "can you help me, I need this and that.." ect. But yes, like most of u have said, you just gotta ignored them or block them if it becomes annoying.

Sweet Bunny

22,575 Points
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby

I believe some people target people who 'look' rich as a way to beg or ask for gold/items. I think sometimes when I have on an item that is probably expensive they target me, but that's just what I see

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Strawberry-Fappuccino
Slick Southpaw
Sachie Whitby

I believe some people target people who 'look' rich as a way to beg or ask for gold/items. I think sometimes when I have on an item that is probably expensive they target me, but that's just what I see
Must depend on the item, I suppose. I dress to look cheap, even though I still have stuff that's at least a couple mill equipped with my 2 CoP's and my SDP Thief...
/shrug
I just never had a problem or been directly targeted because of how I look or what I've been equipped. Only thing I've ever had an actual "begging" was requests/concerns why I was sporting tits instead of my customary male self. But that's a nother barrel o monkeys all together.
The worst are when you get the ones that put up a sob story.
It's like...if your life is really that farged then I'm confused as to why you are begging strangers for make-believe currency. gonk

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I don't know what dimension or galaxy people come from that they think they'd
get a free, cheap item from me let alone gold. LOL.

I haven't gotten a beg-ish PM in ages. And I only ever did when I had
OMG on. But really, I have no idea where these people found me from.

Whenever I have expensive stuff in the mp or have made an exchange
board I do get massively low balled offers though. Now those piss me
the hell off to no end. 8D

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
l Poetic I
I've had to restart account's from scratch 5 time's, Lost millions and item's worth millions. I've worked hard and im once again slowly but surely getting stuff back. Some people are to lazy to earn for themselves. I couldn't ask someone for gold , even if they put it in trade . I'm taking something someone else worked hard for , that to me is just wrong.
I've tipped you and forced my 5g on you. How do you feel about that? lol

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I've noticed that ever since i made my PM's private i get fewer of those messages. Most people are to lazy to comment on my profile once they have tried to PM me, so it works out lol

~Eva

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Loshka
I've never gotten such a message before. Some people get all the harassment!

Same here.

Lavish Lunatic

I used to get tons of those messages, but now my mp store tells them off.. Haven't got one in ages now..

I do still get random friend requests, which I always ignore.. Once I even got a message coming along with it that this 'queen' deemed me worthy to be her friend.. rofl
Well, thanks, but no thanks!
How can I accept a friend request if I don't know who the hell you are?

Hardcore Unicorn

20,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
✘✘✘
    It's really annoying for me when I'm selling stuff in the MP. I used to get flaming mad and argue lol but now I just ignore it. I had one person pay me a compliment so I simply said thank you but ignored any further attempts to beg. What was even worse was the person actually read my shop description and knew that I wouldn't tolerate beggars. I don't feel bad because even when I never knew how to make gold, I didn't beg. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff