Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Pumpkin

VVhip
I joined at the start of 2008. By the time Gaia turns 10, I'll have been here for half of it's existence.

That spins me out. Especially since to many older users, I'd still be viewed as a newbie in comparison.
=Coughs and directs you to my previous post=

Stellar Succubus

wonderfinch
VVhip
I joined at the start of 2008. By the time Gaia turns 10, I'll have been here for half of it's existence.

That spins me out. Especially since to many older users, I'd still be viewed as a newbie in comparison.

Get off my site, you darn whippersnapper!

But really, when you think about it, there's no longer that much time separating the users of 2003 from the users of 2008, relatively speaking- when the site had only been around for 5 years, it was a big difference, but now that its 10th anniversary is coming up quickly, it's not such a large divide (relatively speaking). I'm sure someone will always attempt to assert their age as some sign of power, but in reality any account made pre-2009 is probably "old" to a new user X'D

It's funny, because I understand the logic completely.

In the same way that at 31, I see anyone under 18 as a squealing young toddleresque.

It's not true, but that's just how it is. Young people get youth, beauty and fresh perspective. Old people get the opportunity to berate them for it. XD

Stellar Succubus

J 4 C K
VVhip

=Coughs and directs you to my previous post=

I saw it juuuust after I posted. Good stuff, good stuff! Didn't tip you, you emphatically request not to be wink

Beloved Perfectionist

o4 baby.... now i feel really old...

Supreme Demigod

16,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Full closet 200
I would consider 2007 as old, maybe it's me... that time has no cash shop, no evolving items, only MCs, shop items and even items. AND first sponsor - Mimzy has just showed up

How was that not old? We have like over 45+ RIG boxes, over 50 Evolving Items, over 60 Cash Shop bundles, lots of aquariums fishes and items ever since 2007. 2007 is old. 2007 doesn't have zOMG! too. Momo monkey was considered as cool. No booty grab since gaians' aquariums hadn't even been created!

But I admit totally, 2004 is really really old 3nodding It's almost like the dawn of Gaia's era.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Corydoras
I would consider 2007 as old, maybe it's me... that time has no cash shop, no evolving item, only MCs, shop items and even items, first sponsor - Mimzy has just showed up

How was that not old? We have like over 45+ RIG boxes, over 50 Evolving Items, over 60 Cash Shop bundles, lots of aquariums fishes and items ever since 2007. 2007 is old. 2007 doesn't have zOMG! too. Momo monkey was considered as cool

But 2004 is really really old 3nodding

The Cash Shop and Evolving items were actually released in 2007, fwiw, but I don't think it changes your point. Also, was Momo ever considered cool? I remember I bought a couple to invest in and regretted it horribly about a week later...

Well, I don't always know if items are the best way to gauge change! RIGs (2008 ), ZOMG (2008 ), EIs (2007), and the Cash Shop (2007) all came out all around the same time, so just happening to be around before that, in my eyes, doesn't make someone that old sweatdrop And I guess I feel that, for me, there was a "before" relative to the way Gaia was in 2007, too, everything pre-CS/ZOMG isn't just one big chunk of time to my eyes so for me it's kind of weird to assume it was all some giant "pre-RIG" wasteland.

But I guess it's all relative~!

Shy Warrior

User Image
scream
Don't want to accept that as being old....because that would mean I'd be 'old' too.
2007 seems like it happened just recently.
Oh man, there are days when I still feel like a newb.
I've been here for six years (well in two days it will be six years)
Just who the hell gave time permission to carry on mad

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
wonderfinch
Your Blushing Paladin
I'm very displaced with time, what was 6 years ago only seemed like it was last week.

So when folks tell me I've been here for a little over 5 years I get majorly shocked! Doesn't seem that long to me xD

I have the same issue, time's passage doesn't seem to work quite the same for me as it does for everyone else... I still have a pretty clear recollection of Gaia in 2006 and 2007 and it seems as though it wasn't that long ago!
Ha! It's kinda a let down, don't cha think?

I wake up early on the weekend sometimes thinking my favorite show is on!

I super miss Static Shock. ; n;
WB kids was a good time in my life

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I'm 06 and I feel old to the site at times. Had an 05 account but made my main a few months later. I consider myself an 06er for sure.

I was looking for my old avi and went though subscribed threads and found one where I was running an art auction and my bio said I was 15.

I'm about to turn 21 in 7 days. That put it in perspective to me.

Cluttered Dabbler

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Junior Trader 100
Started on Gaia in 03... But this is my main which was created in early 04. xD To think I started when I was 14-15... xD Wow. Time really flies.

Kinda glad my post history doesn't go back as far as my join date. Probably heaps of embarrassing immature comments.

I don't think join dates really matter nowadays. Most of the people I knew from 04 have moved on to... I guess real life?

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I joined in October 2004, just two weeks before the infamous Zombie event. Best join ever. lol

I don't think of users like that old, but I think 2007 and earlier is old. 2003-2004 were the site's first two years, so I consider you an "original" Gaian if you fall into those years. 2005-2006 you got some of the Golden Years, when the site had a lot of exciting fun stuff to offer and wasn't overloaded and was starting to become bug free.

But 2007 you're still kinda old, I mean, you've been here half a decade. So next year I'll start, yes START to consider you 08'ers as having a little time under. But I refuse to feel old until 2015. I mean, when 2010'ers are starting to be considered old...Geebus....I'll be one of the only ones left who know who Geebus is!

Rare

I joined in 2009. I don't consider it old, but maybe that's just because I spend so much time in the GCD where most users have been around longer than I have. Still, I've been on Gaia longer than I've been on any other site. I'd say 2007 is old. It's five years. When you think about it, that's quite a long time to spend on one site.

Join date doesn't really matter to me. The only thing that matters to me is how a person acts.

Although, technically I first joined in 2006, but I spent maybe a day on here before completely forgetting about it for three years. I always wonder how different things would've been had I stayed longer. I'm not sure if I'd be on Gaia now had I not left so quickly then. Then again, maybe I would've stuck around the entire time, or come back at a later date like I did anyway.

Lavish Lunatic

So.. the general consensus is that I'm old? emo

When I started in '07 people were offended when I used the term 'oldbies' for pretty much anyone who was on here longer than I was. They 'kindly' pointed out to me that the term 'oldbie' only counted for those from '03 or '04.. xd

Angelic Hellhound

My current account is from '09, so I don't consider myself new, but I feel if I had joined earlier, I would get more .. respect? I don't know there's something about a '03 or '04, even a '05 Gaian that makes you have more respect for them. Cause they were around when the site didn't have nearly as many items and they had to earn their own gold, there wasn't any booty grab or anything like that. They also had to deal with all of Gaia's first glitches. I guess I just have respect for them for supporting the site for so long.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff