Welcome to Gaia! ::

A year in Gaia Time is very quick in a sense. It depends on how you spend your years here.

Wealthy Gekko

11,275 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Stumbling upon this thread made me feel old, been on here since '04 this account since '06...been active the whole time, well active enough to stick around and be well off but not a millionaire.

Salty Firestarter

I agree with the aforementioned relativity aspect. I can think of two calculable ways to look at it. If, as a Gaian, you're half the age of Gaia itself (or more, of course), you can count yourself as an oldie. Or, if you can graph the ages of every single active gaian and you're in the top whatever percent, you could be an oldie that way too. But if we're going to bother being mathematical about it, the first one seems much more applicable.

And I think that for certain parts of the site, that can be different. For example, the forums have been here forever, and I didn't hardly use them when I started (on another account) so I might not be "old" there, but in zOMG I am ooold, even though I didn't start that right away either, or play regularly from the time I started until now. I'm the one going, "I remember when this was broken" or "when there was only one difficulty option for SS (or anything, for that matter)." Oddly, I don't even feel like that was that long ago. So there I feel it, whereas here I have to go "wait, whut?" when other people are reminescing about things I just wasn't around to experience.

And when it comes to Gaia's storyline, I will always be a newbie because I don't read it.

Age can be relative in certain discussions, but not all.
I joined in the middle of '06 and I don't consider myself old...but neither do I feel like a new user. Those considered by me as oldbies are '03 and '04 mostly. But that is just age.

You'd think that 07 is not that old, but after all, should an '03 member who has rarely ever logged in those past years be older in gaia terms than a user from say this '07 who logged in almost every day? More crossed years in your calendar don't make you wiser in life, experience does cool

But to truely settle the 'how old is old enough' matter we should count how many Gaia years are in our year, time passes faster in here. Just go to towns or spend few days fishing, you'd think it was just an hour of your life but in fact it was more... emotion_awesome

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
I`ve been on gaia since april 04, more or less early 04... so I guess I'm an old account XDD, I usually don't think about that, but I suposse any account from 03 or 04 are old, and even from 05, that's 7 years from now, a lot of time to spend in the same site XDD
but anyway, I don't really care a lot about that if the person is nice, I only care if that person try to teach me anything about gaia or its story or something like that and I see that person is like from 08.. and I'm like wtf XDDD

Frozen Sex Symbol

Silver Archangel
Razumi Yazura
I would be concerned if 2003 wasn't considered old...

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what the join date is for users since that can differ quite a bit depending on if the person is using an alternate account. It's also not something I'm looking for when I talk to other people.
YOU'RE OLD.
Ugh so am I...

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh my god your still around! O_O
I thought you were retired in Florida!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces