Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Bilge rat

Some times I can't believe I've been on this site without a huge break since '08. 4 years man 4 years @A@

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vincent Valentine-Jenova
I hope you know, I had to stop and check to see what year I joined, because I DON'T believe I've been on this site that long...

but 2004. Holy s**t.

I guess, 2007 now is old. I can put that in to perspective for you a little bit.
Someone born in 2007 is now entering kindergarten.
So how the year doesn't seem that long ago, (Hell, sometimes I feel like 2002 was like, three years ago.) It really is.

I understand that feeling. My jaw just about hit the floor when I got a PM from the admin with one of those Soul Keys or whatever this summer.

I guess time flies on Gaia when you're having fun~!

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lucidly
I... didn't realize I was so old. Been here since 2004. I'll have been here 9 years early next year.

2007 still seems new to me because it used to be new a few years ago. My concept of time appears to be broken from being here so long. @_@

I feel the same way. Perhaps it's because I come and go and I'm on the site very casually, but it's absolutely mind-boggling to think I've been here over 8 years ;A;

Timid Member

Lazarus Larkin
Earlier today I read someone call 2008 "the early days" of Gaia, which just... blew my mind rofl

I really have a hard time thinking of anything after 2006 as "old"!
User Image

mmm... *smacks lips, fixes glasses* Back in my day...No one was old! *shakes cane* I was a new born in '05 and mm... those carnsoundit 03'ers were still just toddlers! *bonks '08er with cane* You...you ssssonny don't know what you be talking about! Darn whippersnapper!

I do see 07 as somewhat old though. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago
User Image

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Been here since 2004,

But in my roleplaying years with my friends, if it's going to be 2013, then it's been at least 10 years since I've known them. xD Of course, that is what we mostly use this site for... to roleplay. 3nodding

We were also in another old site before Gaia called "Neopets." We tend to travel from forum sites to forum sites, trying ways to replace Neopets since the rule of "Character limits." e_e

But then, we accepted Gaia as our home and we haven't leave this site since then. 4laugh heart

-~-â—†-~-

Perfect Pumpkin

I like to standardize my use of the term "old". Once something has reached the half way mark of life expectancy, or current life length, it's now old. For example. A person's average life expectancy is like.... 78 to 80. So a person can officially be called considered old at about age 40.

For Gaians, the old limit increases every year. If Gaia is nearing 10 years old, then you must have been on for 5 years to be old. So once Gaia dings and levels up again a user that joined in '08 would be considered old to me.

Tipsy Vampire

J 4 C K
I like to standardize my use of the term "old". Once something has reached the half way mark of life expectancy, or current life length, it's now old. For example. A person's average life expectancy is like.... 78 to 80. So a person can officially be called considered old at about age 40.

For Gaians, the old limit increases every year. If Gaia is nearing 10 years old, then you must have been on for 5 years to be old. So once Gaia dings and levels up again a user that joined in '08 would be considered old to me.

I like that logic.

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

07 was five years ago?!
emotion_jawdrop

I still can't wrap my head around 07 being old, but yeah now they can be considered old.

I guess...the cutoff date imo would be 09..

Perfect Pumpkin

Lady Ouija
J 4 C K

I like that logic.
Being mechanical in your human analysis is terrible for normal interaction, but it works for me.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
J 4 C K

That actually... makes a great deal of sense! I've been assuming that '03 accounts are the only truly old accounts since about 2005, I should probably not be thinking like that any more.

Stellar Succubus

I joined at the start of 2008. By the time Gaia turns 10, I'll have been here for half of it's existence.

That spins me out. Especially since to many older users, I'd still be viewed as a newbie in comparison.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm very displaced with time, what was 6 years ago only seemed like it was last week.

So when folks tell me I've been here for a little over 5 years I get majorly shocked! Doesn't seem that long to me xD

Perfect Pumpkin

wonderfinch
J 4 C K

That actually... makes a great deal of sense! I've been assuming that '03 accounts are the only truly old accounts since about 2005, I should probably not be thinking like that any more.
Well in 2005 my rule applies. Unfortunately people are smart, and we learn. So once you learn what year an account becomes old at, you tend to stick with it. Luckily I'm pretty sociophobic, so I can take an outside look at human behavior, and devise useless explanations of things like this [Inser topic title]

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
VVhip
I joined at the start of 2008. By the time Gaia turns 10, I'll have been here for half of it's existence.

That spins me out. Especially since to many older users, I'd still be viewed as a newbie in comparison.

Get off my site, you darn whippersnapper!

But really, when you think about it, there's no longer that much time separating the users of 2003 from the users of 2008, relatively speaking- when the site had only been around for 5 years, it was a big difference, but now that its 10th anniversary is coming up quickly, it's not such a large divide (relatively speaking). I'm sure someone will always attempt to assert their age as some sign of power, but in reality any account made pre-2009 is probably "old" to a new user X'D

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Your Blushing Paladin
I'm very displaced with time, what was 6 years ago only seemed like it was last week.

So when folks tell me I've been here for a little over 5 years I get majorly shocked! Doesn't seem that long to me xD

I have the same issue, time's passage doesn't seem to work quite the same for me as it does for everyone else... I still have a pretty clear recollection of Gaia in 2006 and 2007 and it seems as though it wasn't that long ago!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff