Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unstoppable Noob

6,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
I think I joined in 04 late 04.. This is my second account which I started in 07 I think...

I kinda miss the old days.. I feel pretty old, purely because I am 26 years old now... But I often feel like I'm new to the site a lot of the time due to not being active for a few years, I come back and things change..

I remember in 05 anyone who joined in 03 was considered oldie.. Now they truly are oldies!

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I joined up on Gaia in 2005, and well I can say that yeah I FEEL like I am an old Gaian. Yeah I was not here in '04 or '03 for that matter, but still that is 7 years... out of the 9 years this site has been around.
It's all relative I guess. My first account was from back in '04/'05-ish, and to me, that seems like forever ago. I was 14. I left, though, and came back again in 2009 when I was procrastinating for my final high school exams.
This time around, the 4 years doesn't seem like very long at all. It's gone so quickly.
But when I think that it was 4 years between making my first account and rejoining, that seems like it was at least twice that.

Formal Elocutionist

Think of how much the site has grown since 07. If you can't remember what year that was, it was the year the Cash Shop was introduced.

Cambrie Noel's Husband

Wicked Demigod

I originally joined Gaia in July 2006, so looking back - Yes, I've been around for a long time. I've been switching accounts however, so people seeing this account may think I've only been around for a little more than 2 years? I don't consider myself an "old" user though, I'd like to consider myself "mid-ranged" lol
As for "old" users, then I consider it being people from 2003 - 2005-ish~
It is of course impressive to see these people who have stuck around since the very beginning, but in general it doesn't have any specific meaning, it basically just means they may or may not have experienced events that I haven't smile I would really have liked to be around at the Grombie event! I have friends that haven't been around for as long as I have, but they have more know-how in some areas, so I still have a lot to learn x]

Shirtless Vampire

I started in late 03.
It does feel like a lifetime ago at times, things change so much.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
I think of it as middle old. I joined in 05 so I feel pretty old, but I'm sure 03s and 04s feel much older.

I still think of people who joined in 08 and 09 young though xd Four years though, that's still pretty old. I felt old in 08-09.

Interesting Entrepreneur

11,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Invisibility 100
Well the first account I made when I joined was in July 2007, a lot has happened since then and man that feels forever ago to me.
In a sense it could be "old" to some, being here 5 years on a site is quite a long time. I wish I could of been here earlier to experience some of the awesome events they had like the grombie and zurg events.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Redlady
Started on Gaia in 03... But this is my main which was created in early 04. xD To think I started when I was 14-15... xD Wow. Time really flies.

Kinda glad my post history doesn't go back as far as my join date. Probably heaps of embarrassing immature comments.

I don't think join dates really matter nowadays. Most of the people I knew from 04 have moved on to... I guess real life?

Oh, god, I'm SO glad my post history doesn't go back to my join date. I went around begging for, of all things, a Mami top. I'm eternally grateful that evidence of that idiocy only exists in my head X'D

I agree, I think a lot of people who were around in '04 have kind of grown up and moved off the site. It's been 8 years, after all!

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Anabaena
So.. the general consensus is that I'm old? emo

When I started in '07 people were offended when I used the term 'oldbies' for pretty much anyone who was on here longer than I was. They 'kindly' pointed out to me that the term 'oldbie' only counted for those from '03 or '04.. xd

Oh, how times change X'D I remember someone told me in '06 or '07 that the term "oldbie" only applied to people who had joined in '03.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Beloved Blondie
My current account is from '09, so I don't consider myself new, but I feel if I had joined earlier, I would get more .. respect? I don't know there's something about a '03 or '04, even a '05 Gaian that makes you have more respect for them. Cause they were around when the site didn't have nearly as many items and they had to earn their own gold, there wasn't any booty grab or anything like that. They also had to deal with all of Gaia's first glitches. I guess I just have respect for them for supporting the site for so long.

I don't know if older accounts should get props for that... I've never considered dealing with the Sushi Errors to be a particularly noble achievement XD

I've never understood why really jerky people get respect just for being around so long. It makes sense to respect longtime users who are knowledgeable and polite (if not necessarily friendly), but doesn't it seem a bit silly to respect people who look down on and mistreat others solely for their join date?

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
7obias
I originally joined Gaia in July 2006, so looking back - Yes, I've been around for a long time. I've been switching accounts however, so people seeing this account may think I've only been around for a little more than 2 years? I don't consider myself an "old" user though, I'd like to consider myself "mid-ranged" lol
As for "old" users, then I consider it being people from 2003 - 2005-ish~
It is of course impressive to see these people who have stuck around since the very beginning, but in general it doesn't have any specific meaning, it basically just means they may or may not have experienced events that I haven't smile I would really have liked to be around at the Grombie event! I have friends that haven't been around for as long as I have, but they have more know-how in some areas, so I still have a lot to learn x]

I agree, I know so many "newer" users who really put me to shame in terms of knowledge of some areas of the site. I've been on the forums for so long that I know a ton about it, and I've been playing fishing on and off since its release so I'm also pretty knowledgeable about that, but I couldn't tell you a single thing about ZOMG, and this whole newfangled Booty Grab tomfoolery is still a bit of a mystery to me X'D I have a lot of respect for people who educate themselves well on specific aspects of the site, and if they can prove their knowledge join date (or even starter clothes) won't lessen that respect.

Shirtless Vampire

wonderfinch
Anabaena

When I started in '07 people were offended when I used the term 'oldbies' for pretty much anyone who was on here longer than I was. They 'kindly' pointed out to me that the term 'oldbie' only counted for those from '03 or '04.. xd

Oh, how times change X'D I remember someone told me in '06 or '07 that the term "oldbie" only applied to people who had joined in '03.

Little known fact: Those from 03 may also shake canes at you and yell for you to get off their lawn.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Flixel
Well the first account I made when I joined was in July 2007, a lot has happened since then and man that feels forever ago to me.
In a sense it could be "old" to some, being here 5 years on a site is quite a long time. I wish I could of been here earlier to experience some of the awesome events they had like the grombie and zurg events.

Aw, man, I do miss the Grombie and Zurg events emo I remember them very fondly, and for some reason none of the more recent events have really measured up for me.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Niede
wonderfinch
Anabaena

Little known fact: Those from 03 may also shake canes at you and yell for you to get off their lawn.

Sad but true story: in '06, someone who had joined in '03 was reminiscing about the personals. I popped into the thread and made some comment about how I didn't miss the feature and thought it was dumb. They started chewing me out for being a "lowly '04 user" and saying I "couldn't possibly understand" since I hadn't been able to "fully experience the personals" before they closed. I didn't realize that it took a year of experience with that silly feature to truly ~*experience*~ it stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff