Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Chatty Regular

I would be totally happy if Gaia re-released Sainte Ciel Agape with only the scissor pose. I have many wigs/hair items in my inventory, and after seeing how to scissor pose works, I really want it. But, the price tag is very high, too high for me at the moment. But maybe one day, if it's re-released and is cheaper, I'll totally buy it. Until then however, I'm probably just going to save up to actually get Sainte Ciel Agape.

Tipsy Lunatic

I'm seeing a lot of "I want it, but not enough. So I want it rereleased." Type posts.
Seriously, if that is the prevailing argument throughout the entire thread then I am now staunchly against a rerelease of any fashion. I cannot believe how ridiculous people are.

Simple put. If you're all like "I want just this one pose, but not enough to pay 2mil for the item itself." Then I legitimately believe that you just don't want it enough. You cannot believe how lazy and ridiculous your argument is making you sound.

At least the argument of "if they're going to modify every item ever after to have a 'special +scissors pose' debate makes SENSE.

Buggy Mage

The main problem with the REI costing so much is that it becomes easy to make comparisons with Full EIs. Why get one Agape for the inflated price when someone could get three Modus or three Zodiacals instead? Especially since both EIs greatly factor gender nuetrality. Someone could get nearly full use out of those items for much less cost.
Honestly whichever happens, re-release or not, I'll be fine without it but I'll be prepared on the safeside.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Fire 0ak
The main problem with the REI costing so much is that it becomes easy to make comparisons with Full EIs. Why get one Agape for the inflated price when someone could get three Modus or three Zodiacals instead? Especially since both EIs greatly factor gender nuetrality. Someone could get nearly full use out of those items for much less cost.
Honestly whichever happens, re-release or not, I'll be fine without it but I'll be prepared on the safeside.

For the same reason you buy any other expensive items. You can only do so much with Modus or Zodiacal.

Buggy Mage

AKB0048
Fire 0ak

For the same reason you buy any other expensive items. You can only do so much with Modus or Zodiacal.
I typically buy items on percentage of usability, even if I favored one pose, or the trimming feature. I would still see it as a loss because I would be so limited with an REI which generally are valued on the number of useable poses. True, Zodiacal and Modus have their limits as any item does, but that limitation would still surpass Agape imo.I could equip varying sets of clothing items and numerous effects totaling above the poses available or enjoyed in Sainte Ciel Agape. To me the value of that far out-wieghs the trimming feature.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I agree that the comparisons between things like Devil Tails and Angelic Halos to the one Agape pose are fairly moot. It's a pose that affects every wig on the site (as far as I know), so it's not just a pretty accessory but something that actually alters other items. Isn't that a feature that's been asked for in the past too? If they released an item that gave out 10 new facial hair items or an item that changed the color of any hairstyle and it was the rarest item in a RIG/CI that took an average of 30 bucks to win and hit the market at 15mil, it would be pretty shitty. Sure, people--rich or not--would quest for and buy it and people would plug all of the money they could into it. But the point is that it's a feature as opposed to an accessory and features should be available to everyone without pulling their arm behind their back. I agree that when items are expensive, you quest for them; that's that. However, I think it's silly to say "Play Booty Grab! Your computer can't handle it? Well stop whining and shell out 700 dollars for a new computer." or "Just pay the 30 dollars! You don't have a means of paying the site? Well, oops.". Everyone has different ways of questing and different ways of fitting things like Gaia into their everyday schedule. For some people, it takes a year of non-stop questing to acquire something like the Agape. Bitching, want/need, etc. aside, it's insane to quest for that long for a feature that has been asked for.

Instead of making the Agape accessible to everyone, I think it would make more sense to offer an alternative, such as making every wig capable of being long or short. However, the time has already passed for that so the best they could do is make some wigs in the future that are capable of that. I think the reason that people get upset with the Agape is because it's connected to bigger problems with the site.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Fire 0ak
I typically buy items on percentage of usability, even if I favored one pose, or the trimming feature. I would still see it as a loss because I would be so limited with an REI which generally are valued on the number of useable poses. True, Zodiacal and Modus have their limits as any item does, but that limitation would still surpass Agape imo. I could equip varying sets of clothing items and numerous effects totaling above the poses available or enjoyed in Sainte Ciel Agape. To me the value of that far out-wieghs the trimming feature.

Trimming feature outweighs the above which is why I bought one right away. But it's not unusual for people to buy expensive items because they like one or two poses. It's very rare for me to find any item that I like enough to use more than that. And aside from the trimming feature, I have used the background a few times.

Sparkling Transmutator

The Drunken Jester
I'm seeing a lot of "I want it, but not enough. So I want it rereleased." Type posts.
Seriously, if that is the prevailing argument throughout the entire thread then I am now staunchly against a rerelease of any fashion. I cannot believe how ridiculous people are.

Simple put. If you're all like "I want just this one pose, but not enough to pay 2mil for the item itself." Then I legitimately believe that you just don't want it enough. You cannot believe how lazy and ridiculous your argument is making you sound.

At least the argument of "if they're going to modify every item ever after to have a 'special +scissors pose' debate makes SENSE.

I can't tip your post a thousand times, so I am quoting it.

I have four Agapes. I had two when they first released and took advantage of BOTH re-releases and bought two more. There have been 3 times when users could purchase them for cheap on the market or from the cash shop. I love the item not just because of the scissors, but because of the other beautiful poses. There is a reason I have four. XD I am a huge fan of the Sainte Ciel series. I adore the poses. I wouldn't be totally against the re-release or a permanent release in the cash shop, but it shoud definitely be for a slightly bigger price tag than 499GC. I mean come on, people have had 3 chances already. All I am hearing and reading is whining. Plus it is kind of insulting to the item when all they want is the scissors. > 3 >

Lady Loiterer

Winter Hue
The Drunken Jester

I have four Agapes. I had two when they first released and took advantage of BOTH re-releases and bought two more. There have been 3 times when users could purchase them for cheap on the market or from the cash shop. I love the item not just because of the scissors, but because of the other beautiful poses. There is a reason I have four. XD I am a huge fan of the Sainte Ciel series. I adore the poses. I wouldn't be totally against the re-release or a permanent release in the cash shop, but it shoud definitely be for a slightly bigger price tag than 499GC. I mean come on, people have had 3 chances already. All I am hearing and reading is whining. Plus it is kind of insulting to the item when all they want is the scissors. > 3 >
I agree with both of these statements. For new people, I'm sorry you missed these chances, but that's something that can't really be helped--I've been on the site for 8 years now, and there are plenty of items I've missed out on--I'm pretty sure there will be more in the future as well too. Suck it up and quest for the item if you want that pose so badly. Even those of us who invest in GC obtain some of our items through the marketplace.

Lionheart

I like the elite status.
I also like twice the hairstyles.
I like items to be in apparel-format, not power-up-pup-that-gives-you-a-haircut.
If someone didn't grab one when the third gens were 500k, then too bad.

It shouldn't be rereleased. Then it gets too complicated with deflation and marketing.

Buggy Mage

Winter Hue
The Drunken Jester

I really like the Saint Ciels on a strictly artistic level. That's what keeps me coming back to Gaia, and Saint Ciel is the pinnacle of their artistic developement without at doubt. They are gorgeous items to look at.
Still, Even though there are 5 variants for this REI(storge,eros, agape, Rose revenge/redemption) it baffles me that they didn't make at least agape appeal to neutral tastes since it has such a universally desired feature within it. But even though I cannot use these item for my male avatar I can acknowledge the high level of skill put into it. The shading is flawless and the detail is perfect, what makes me baww most of all is that we have no nuetral equivalent, which would have been most desired in an item as versatile as agape. I really understand the principle that a lot of us missed our chance. I admit that I missed my chance I am at peace with that reality even if they dont create another. smile

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
about agape's inflation: its bound to happen since its a EI and can only be release 3x. What I could think of that gaia dev would agree is releasing alchemy version of Agape. There will be more stock thats for sure. But you have to mind that it's vendor's decision to keep that price.

Dangerous Rogue

xSaiph
about agape's inflation: its bound to happen since its a EI and can only be release 3x. What I could think of that gaia dev would agree is releasing alchemy version of Agape. There will be more stock thats for sure. But you have to mind that it's vendor's decision to keep that price.

No.

Aoness's Compadre

Big Nerd

15,225 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Team Moira 200
  • Bookworm 100
I agree with you. The people that already own the Disciple pose will disagree probably for the sake of exclusivity, and may have possibly bought the item just for it lol .
But really, it should be done, it's SUCH a basic thing!

Sexy Assailant

For the amount required to make on via alchemy will likely cost more than the 2.6-2.8mil it's at now, based on information of existing alchemized R/EIs. People, please keep bitching about this. The publicity boosted the value quite a bit.

Edit: I bought gen 3 when it was 500k. Now it's worth that six-fold.

xSaiph

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff