Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.47462686567164 47.5% [ 318 ]
No 0.46716417910448 46.7% [ 313 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.058208955223881 5.8% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 670 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Tipsy Lunatic

Fire 0ak
Moose Bubbles

I wanted the scissors. I saved up some gold. I paid 1.6Mil for it. Hate all the other poses for it. Haven't gotten rid of it because I like the scissors.

Like I said, If you REALLY want the scissors, pay the price.
If you REALLY wanted something, you wouldn't be thinking "Oh I can make a 100k profit! Hur dur."

I would sell it though most likely because I did the same thing for Keiko's Cake since I liked the eyes only. I could easily get this item but so many more versatile items usually take priority. To each their own. *shrugg*

Sounds to me like you're complaining about your own stupidity. rolleyes

I feel pretty entitled to say that too, because I once sold my Oisin's Blessing for the exact same reasoning and then felt completely stupid and regretful until I finally got another one. Lesson learned, I don't do that any more. And keep in mind that this is an item that costs considerably more than Keiko or Agape.
Just because YOU think with your virtual pocketbook doesn't mean everyone else does (though I will concede that lots of Gaians DO, which is really the problem). In fact no one really SHOULD. The items you get should be the items you really want. Not some bullshit reasoning like an investment.

And yes, it IS totally fair to say that if you don't want it enough to put in the effort of getting it then you don't want it that badly, since I feel like that will probably be an argument down this path of reasoning.
"Oh, it's not fair to the people who REAALLY want this item that it's so expensive!"
No, if they REAALLY wanted the item, then they'd quest for it like everyone else who isn't complaining about it.

Buggy Mage

The Drunken Jester
Fire 0ak
Moose Bubbles

I wanted the scissors. I saved up some gold. I paid 1.6Mil for it. Hate all the other poses for it. Haven't gotten rid of it because I like the scissors.

If you REALLY wanted something, you wouldn't be thinking "Oh I can make a 100k profit! Hur dur."

I would sell it though most likely because I did the same thing for Keiko's Cake since I liked the eyes only. I could easily get this item but so many more versatile items usually take priority. To each their own. *shrugg*

I feel pretty entitled to say that too, because I once sold my Oisin's Blessing for the exact same reasoning and then felt completely stupid and regretful until I finally got another one. Lesson learned, I don't do that any more. And keep in mind that this is an item that costs considerably more than Keiko or Agape.
Just because YOU think with your virtual pocketbook doesn't mean everyone else does (though I will concede that lots of Gaians DO, which is really the problem). In fact no one really SHOULD. The items you get should be the items you really want. Not some bullshit reasoning like an investment.

And yes, it IS totally fair to say that if you don't want it enough to put in the effort of getting it then you don't want it that badly, since I feel like that will probably be an argument down this path of reasoning.
"Oh, it's not fair to the people who REAALLY want this item that it's so expensive!"
No, if they REAALLY wanted the item, then they'd quest for it like everyone else who isn't complaining about it.

I really don't think Im asking alot. Just that they represent the people that use male avatars. smile

Tipsy Lunatic

Fire 0ak
The Drunken Jester
Fire 0ak
Moose Bubbles

I really don't think Im asking alot. Just that they represent the people that use male avatars. smile

I won't even get started one THAT debate (I hate that debate).
But the way to represent the male base more isn't by taking long, feminine hairstyles and cutting them off into shorter, still feminine hairstyles.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Fire 0ak
wish granted
an agape male version comes out
evil genie twist:
instead of scissors it comes with a razor that removes facial hair. rofl

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
I think people should just get over it and actually QUEST for it.
It's the same as any other expensive item.

Personally I don't think I should have to pay 65mil+ for some stupid devil tail, but that's the way the cookie crumbles so people should suck it up and realize not everything in life is fair, and not everything in life is going to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
HeIIraiser

Personally I don't think I should have to pay 65mil+ for some stupid devil tail, but that's the way the cookie crumbles so people should suck it up and realize not everything in life is fair, and not everything in life is going to be handed to you on a silver platter.

The devil tail has history behind it, it is also in very low supply. It's not a pose that serves a function, as the scissors do.

There is no way that you can make that sort of comparison valid.

"Well I want an Angelic halo, but I guess we all can't get what we want"

I have seen this reply all too many times in this thread.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Slider546
HeIIraiser

The devil tail has history behind it, it is also in very low supply. It's not a pose that serves a function, as the scissors do.

There is no way that you can make that sort of comparison valid.

"Well I want an Angelic halo, but I guess we all can't get what we want"

I have seen this reply all too many times in this thread.

History only because it's one of the first MC's/DI's whatever they were called at the time.

It cost real money just like agape did.
Of course things that you pay for with real life currency are going to be more expensive.

The angelic halo is no different, really.
It was a time/place/money thing.

If you were around then and donated to Gaia, they repaid you with the halo.
Same as agape.

If you were around when agape was newly in the cash shop then you got it cheaper than the 2mil it is now.
If I recall anyway Gaia DID re-release agape not too long ago, so as for seeing it re-rereleased, I don't think that will happen.

Aged Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
While I find the effect very cool and would love to have it available as a compliment to my collection of wigs...

I really can NOT justify the purchase of an item that expensive for the feature. It really is a weak connection to the item's theme. If it was really connected to the item, it would be that ONE item's wig and that ONE item's wig having been 'cut'.

It's too expansive of an item to be so exclusive.

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
imo, it would not matter if they rereleased the pose on its own. it would be slightly less expensive(unless they sold it for drastically less than the original agape, but let's be realistic here- it's gaia and something like that will ofc have a nice high price tag bc it's a highly sought after rerelease) at first but would eventually even out with the agape because the functionality of the scissors is the only reason why it's so popular and expensive.

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I have the agape....and yet I still think there should be an item that does the same thing. Or at very least re-release it. I just think it's sorta crappy the way that works.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
PunkRocketteRhi

I really can NOT justify the purchase of an item that expensive for the feature.

It's too expansive of an item to be so exclusive.

So basically you are saying it's too expensive so I don't want it unless I get it cheap?
Are you seriously making that argument?

If you look at items this way, then how do you ever obtain things?
Do you expect to re-release an item because it's expensive?

What ever happened to questing?
Gaians these days are so lazy.

Gaia gives you ways to make the gold, and you don't want to put in the time and effort.
And if you don't have the time/effort you can buy Gaia cash.

I am glad I got the agape when it was first in the cash shop.
It was really nice of Gaia to even re-release it in the REI bundle, so really you guys complaining are just being lazy.

In a relationship with the Yiling Patriarch

Wrathful Spirit

The only feasible way they could release the Agape scissors as a gold shop item is with a price tag similar to items from Dernier Cri, or through alchemy, I guess, but I hate alchemy so, I'd prefer the other option.

If you check the Agape vs Eros Ciel's you realize Eros is worth approx 1/4th of the Agape. So what is the major difference between the items besides colour? Those scissors.

Meaning the cost of Agape is literally based on the demand of that scissors pose, making those scissors available by another method is going to totally ******** up Agape's value.

I can't say much about being mad if my agape deflated because I got mine when it was 300k, but I know a lot of people would be mad or upset if the item they paid 2+ million for suddenly dropped down to 800k, which is hard earned gold (or gold earned through spending real money) that is lost. I do however know from experience how much it sucks and how bad it feels to lose a lot of gold from a bad investment. (lol rigs) and sometimes that feeling is discouraging enough to make you want to quit or stop spending gaia cash.

idk basically they'd have to find a way to release the item cheaper than the agape without totally destroying the agape's value.

Which means they'd still have to give it a 10$+ GC price tag or over 1million gold one. e_e

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I own a St Ciel Agape and frankly I'd be fine with them being re-released or an item with just the scissors pose being released

I only own the Agape for that one pose - I don't have any use for any of the other poses. The value of the item means nothing to me. I would be just as happy to trade in my Agape for an item that was just the scissors pose.

I understand people wanting to protect their investment or w/e but honestly if a pose is worth its own item then i am not going to be against that happening

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff