Welcome to Gaia! ::

Make the scissors effect readily available?

Yes 0.46575342465753 46.6% [ 306 ]
No 0.47488584474886 47.5% [ 312 ]
Other (Post in thread) 0.059360730593607 5.9% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 657 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 40 41 42 > >>

Perfect Citizen

It would be a nice boost for alchemy if you were able to create the item yourself.

Shadowy Phantom

11,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Until I saw this thread, I didn't even know why my items had a scissor icon on them and I couldn't find the pose for them.

The item in general is a terrible idea, just another pay to play scam.

I would have no quarrels if an item was released from the gold shop that had this effect.

Over all it seems highly unfair that not every one can get this item, but the pose is on items that have no relation to it.

Star Star

12,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Voters say
No 54.6% [225]

emotion_yatta

If you want the item, pay the price. Just like we did.

Buggy Mage

Moose Bubbles
Voters say
No 54.6% [225]

emotion_yatta

The price is over inflatted and the value is not in keeping it. The value is in selling it. It would be hard for me to even justify keeping it since I don't like most the poses. Even If did buy one I would always be thinking, 'Why not just kick the item back into the market for couple hundred k profit?'

Star Star

12,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Fire 0ak
Moose Bubbles
Voters say
No 54.6% [225]

emotion_yatta

The price is over inflatted and the value is not in keeping it. The value is in selling it. It would be hard for me to even justify keeping it since I don't like most the poses. Even If did buy one I would always be thinking, 'Why not just kick the item back into the market for couple hundred k profit?'

I wanted the scissors. I saved up some gold. I paid 1.6Mil for it. Hate all the other poses for it. Haven't gotten rid of it because I like the scissors.

Like I said, If you REALLY want the scissors, pay the price.
If you REALLY wanted something, you wouldn't be thinking "Oh I can make a 100k profit! Hur dur."

Buggy Mage

Moose Bubbles
Fire 0ak
Moose Bubbles
Voters say
No 54.6% [225]

emotion_yatta

I wanted the scissors. I saved up some gold. I paid 1.6Mil for it. Hate all the other poses for it. Haven't gotten rid of it because I like the scissors.

Like I said, If you REALLY want the scissors, pay the price.
If you REALLY wanted something, you wouldn't be thinking "Oh I can make a 100k profit! Hur dur."

I would sell it though most likely because I did the same thing for Keiko's Cake since I liked the eyes only. I could easily get this item but so many more versatile items usually take priority. To each their own. *shrugg*
Fire 0ak
I honestly can't think in an item more versatile than one that universally cuts hairstyles x ox basically you get unlimited access to a new version of most hairstyles ever released and ever to be released (that you own, of course).

I'm glad the scissors are in an item and not as a service in the salon, the scissors have a tangible and sellable value, I haven't bought a hairstyle in the salon in years because I feel it's a waste of gold x 3x call me cheap all you want, if I could pay 500k for a permanent item version of tones A and C and my Valentina hairstyle I would, just so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle that is the salon and skin potions DX;

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Twenty-six pages and I still haven't seen a good reason why a single pose should be broken of out the item it came with. As has been stated before: the scissors are part of the Sainte Ciel storyline. Breaking the scissors pose out and throwing it into the gold/cash shop sets a horrible precedent that Gaia is wise not to act on.

There's a thread in the SF calling for a male version of the Sainte Ciel. Supporting that idea, which gives the possibility of another scissors pose without re-releasing Sainte Ciel again seems like a win-win situation for all the issues that have been raised in this thread.

Buggy Mage

MistressMinako
Twenty-six pages and I still haven't seen a good reason why a single pose should be broken of out the item it came with. As has been stated before: the scissors are part of the Sainte Ciel storyline. Breaking the scissors pose out and throwing it into the gold/cash shop sets a horrible precedent that Gaia is wise not to act on.

There's a thread in the SF calling for a male version of the Sainte Ciel. Supporting that idea, which gives the possibility of another scissors pose without re-releasing Sainte Ciel again seems like a win-win situation for all the issues that have been raised in this thread.

It forces all users to need an item that some mostly dont like even though it was not designed for those using a male base avatar. It obscures hairstyles unecessarily towards it's cause. Though I'm actually kind of confused why agape doesnt remove the sparks from Zealous Engineer's hair.
As far as storyline goes, if that were the case. Shouldn't the scissor's be limited to items within the Saint Ciel storyline? It also changes hair color and removes obstructions for hair which is stretching the ability of the scissors imo.

Either way, if they did make masculine/nuetral versions of Saint Ciel I would gladly pay the 3 million gold price tag. 3nodding

Shadowy Phantom

11,300 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Fire 0ak
MistressMinako

It forces all users to need an item that some mostly dont like because it was not designed for those using a male base avatar. It obscures hairstyles unecessarily towards it's cause. Though I'm actually kind of confused why agape doesnt remove the sparks from Zealous Engineer's hair.
As far as storyline goes, if that were the case. Shouldn't the scissor's be limited to items within the Saint Ciel storyline? It also changes hair color and removes obstructions for hair which is stretching the ability of the scissors imo.

Either way, if they did make masculine/nuetral versions of Saint Ciel I would gladly pay the 3 million gold price tag. 3nodding

What I bolded there is 100% truth, now people can argue "oh you dont NEED it" (I have seen this argument all to many times on WoW with the daily debate) but the base line is it limits access on other EI items it has 0 relation to.

How is that at all part of the EI's story?
LabTech Deusy
I don't think it limits access though . 3.; it's stuff you wouldn't had got either way. For example take the mermaid evolution in the Modus Operandi, does anyone here really believe they would've let pepper include two hairstyles for her evolution?, either one of them wouldn't had got made, or thrown into a doll (and we all know how everyone loves expensive dolls...), the scissors let artists include stuff that otherwise they wouldn't had added to items, like an "off" for the pencil in the newest MC, or to the starfish in that other hairstyle, honestly if the Gaian doesn't feel like buying the item, they can enjoy their items without the scissor plus, and that's all it is, a plus, call me crazy but in a site with plenty of +15m eyes, 2m for an item that universally modifies hairstyles doesn't seem too expensive, just my personal opinion.

Shadowy Phantom

11,300 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Viviette Valentine
LabTech Deusy
I don't think it limits access though . 3.; it's stuff you wouldn't had got either way. For example take the mermaid evolution in the Modus Operandi, does anyone here really believe they would've let pepper include two hairstyles for her evolution?, either one of them wouldn't had got made, or thrown into a doll (and we all know how everyone loves expensive dolls...), the scissors let artists include stuff that otherwise they wouldn't had added to items, like an "off" for the pencil in the newest MC, or to the starfish in that other hairstyle, honestly if the Gaian doesn't feel like buying the item, they can enjoy their items without the scissor plus, and that's all it is, a plus, call me crazy but in a site with plenty of +15m eyes, 2m for an item that universally modifies hairstyles doesn't seem too expensive, just my personal opinion.
But it does limit access, I am being cheated out of 2 poses on my Rosamund's EI because I do not have this "special" EI to access it. If they wanted to make it something just for that EI then they should add extra hair styles to the Scissors EI and not to other ones like the Rosamund.

It is HIGHLY unfair to users to be required to own this "special" EI in order to access other poses.

Precious Seeker

Fire 0ak
MistressMinako

It forces all users to need an item that some mostly don't like because it was not designed for those using a male base avatar. It obscures hairstyles unnecessarily towards it's cause. Though I'm actually kind of confused why agape doesn't remove the sparks from Zealous Engineer's hair.
As far as storyline goes, if that were the case. Shouldn't the scissors be limited to items within the Saint Ciel storyline? It also changes hair color and removes obstructions for hair which is stretching the ability of the scissors imo.

Either way, if they did make masculine/neutral versions of Saint Ciel I would gladly pay the 3 million gold price tag. 3nodding

Ah, but there's no guarantee that you'll like the poses of this hypothetical neutral Sainte Ciel. Then you'd be in the same situation you were in before, only without the hope of a neutral Sainte Ciel retelling. Personally I want Gaia to stop putting bells and whistles on their hairstyles, and simply have those extras be a pose all on their own. Agape would still be useful to own, yes, but at least more hairstyles would be a bit easier to deal with. Not to mention those extra poses we'd get out of the deal. Some of them would be pretty nice separate from the wig they're attached to.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Fire 0ak
MistressMinako

It forces all users to need an item that some mostly dont like even though it was not designed for those using a male base avatar. It obscures hairstyles unecessarily towards it's cause. Though I'm actually kind of confused why agape doesnt remove the sparks from Zealous Engineer's hair.

Still doesn't explain why they should pop the pose out of Agape. People don't like paying inflated doll prices due to extra poses, should we break those apart too? What about the Queen Solair hair. It was in a charity item and wasn't freely available to everyone, so should they stick just the wig in the Cash Shop?

When Agape ended the scissors did not work very well. Now they've expanded on that functionality and increased the inherent value of Agape. Gaia can choose to re-release Sainte Ciel, or they can make another REI that contains a similar function. I do not support the idea that "just because it's the only good pose" should be justification enough for selling the scissors on their own, which is the core idea this thread has failed to convince me of.

Greedy Businessman

6,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Wall Street 200
LabTech Deusy
Viviette Valentine
LabTech Deusy
But it does limit access, I am being cheated out of 2 poses on my Rosamund's EI because I do not have this "special" EI to access it. If they wanted to make it something just for that EI then they should add extra hair styles to the Scissors EI and not to other ones like the Rosamund.

It is HIGHLY unfair to users to be required to own this "special" EI in order to access other poses.

you did not get Entitlement to use the poses with out the special EI

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games