EAT IT! *grabs silverware* 0.12068965517241 12.1% [ 49 ]
FILM IT! *grabs camera* 0.061576354679803 6.2% [ 25 ]
MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT! *grabs goose costume* 0.10591133004926 10.6% [ 43 ]
TWEET IT! *grabs phone* 0.029556650246305 3.0% [ 12 ]
MAKE A STUPID POLL ABOUT IT! *...* 0.10837438423645 10.8% [ 44 ]
*honk honk* 0.33990147783251 34.0% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Miss Chiffon

Chiska let out a grudged laugh. Okay, at least there's something in her head. Her mocked her sarcastically.

"Ha, I didn't realize you were looking for trouble. You're a real armory, armed to the teeth. I'm sure if an Elf politely gave you trouble that would be enough to teach them a lesson."

Chiska scoffed as she critiqued his way of ordering bread taking a few steps to stay in line.

"This is a bakery, what more could there be to ordering bread? I ask the baker for bread, he hands it over then I eat it. No dancing, no ceremonious thanks to the sun, or twiggy stick exchanging. Something you bark-eaters insist on doing to complicate things."

Chiska's tone wasn't vicious but impatient. Sooner this line hurries up I can be on my way.

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon's eyes went wide and looked to the stranger behind her, she didn't let her voice too loud to make a scene. "Are you serious? That is so offensive! I'm not going to dance or, whatever! Some Elvish culture would do you some good, now that I've stood here long enough, you smell like dead animals and dirt." She turned back to the line and huffed with her arms crossed and tapping her foot, trying not to let this oaf get under her skin. Humph... She turned back to the scarved man. "I hardly even consider myself an elf, I was raised by humans anyway so that's hardly relevant! I give him money and that's it." The man in front of her was looking at her when she turned back to the line again. "Oh, sorry. I'm just... yeah." Chiffon sighed, closing her eyes and touched her hand to her forehead.
Miss Chiffon

Chiska raised an eyebrow at the little heated elf girl. She was taking this personally, Chiska doesn't like elves but that's no reason to get upset. But it was certainly more fun now that she was.

"Yeah, that's what it is. Dead animals and dirt." Chiska shrugged and but then smiled. Oh she was insulting him. Alright, now this was much better. "Raised by humans?" He looked, stepped and leaned forward to get a better look at her. "Ah, I see now. Raised by humans, makes sense seeing as how you're---" She mentioned money and he stood straight and patted his pockets. s**t.

Chiska's people live communally where things were made and given as needed. Money was still a foreign idea to his mind, letting his previous employer take care of that for him. At that moment he was flat broke. He groaned a growl to himself, his stomach responded with its own and louder.

"... Uh, well that was fun joking around and stuff... anyway, uh I've forgotten my, er, purse and need money for bread. I can pay you back... buddy." Chiska's expression was flat with a forced smile, knowing full well the hole he'd dug himself into. Karma can be a b***h sometimes.

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon wrinkled her nose. Gross. This guy was for real, she had a little reactive jump as his face came into view, approaching hers. Her hands went into fists but he had stopped before she'd scream or whatever she needed to do to keep this creeper away. She let her face get a little angry when he began talking about being raised by humans making sense. Just say it. She was caught off guard when he began patting his pockets and his disposition change. "Uh, no. That's not even close to how things work here, or anywhere for that matter. You can't just, just, just, UGH! You're so ignorant!" She turned away and pushed some hair out of her face, clutching her bag close to herself. She would have left except the man in front of her walked out with the person in front of him and it was her turn. She approached the counter trying to keep a friendly face. "Hello, how are you? I'm doing well thank you. I was looking at your quiche and I was wondering if that had meat in it. Oh it does? No that's fine, I was just curious. I'll just have three stuffed scones then. Just creme is fine, well how big are they? Oh, goodness, two then. Yes please, ha ha!" She was doing well enough ignoring the man behind her, but she could hear his stomach growling. She didn't look back but in her mind she could see the big grunt with sad eyes and both of his feet in his mouth. She sighed, maybe he had a bad experience with an elf? It'd be more meaningful to show kindness here than giving in to his prejudices and add to the fire of his racism. When she was asked if that would be all. "No... a water bottle and... *sigh* and whatever this idiot wants." She jabbed a thumb over her shoulder and made room in front of the register, looking to the animal man and waved him over to give his order. She stood to the side with her arms crossed and her shoulders pulled up high in obvious aggravation, with herself and this goon. She walked over to a table and sat down with a sharp exhalation.
Miss Chiffon

Well that went about as expected. Chiska stood there looking over the baked goods in the glass display. It looked like another smash and grab operation if he was going to fill his belly tonight. He looked over the baked good and most of it looked like it was sweetened or stuffed and other abominable variations. He couldn't stand the sugar or cinnamon that these humans were obsessed with. Raw meat was sweet enough on its own. Then he looked up as attention was placed on him. Really? She was going to pay his way? He walked to the counter and looked at the lady for a moment.

"Give me bread."

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon about fainted. This was a bad idea. She wondered if she had died and had fallen to the seventh layer of hell. There was an audible slap as she palmed her forehead. "Oh sweet Freyja, help me before I jump off a cliff." She looked at the bumbling boulder, "Byron, tell them what kind of bread you want." It was her first day in town and this man was going to make her head explode.
Miss Chiffon

The lady behind the counter gave him a questioning look as the Elf girl spoke up. Chiska looked to Chiffon and then back to the lady who was helplessly lost.

"Unsweet bread, no sugar, or whatever s**t that doesn't belong in bread. Only the grain, eggs and so forth." He motioned to the glass display. "It shouldn't look like any of that, just plain unadulterated bread." Chiska looked at the clerk and shrugged. "Am I leaving anything out? What the hell is white bread? Just plain bread, don't complicate this anymore than it already is. Eight of them. No, she's taking care of it. Yes. Not until I see the bread, then she'll pay."

The lady couldn't help but let out a small nervous laugh at his order. She gave him their call number and told Chiska that their order would be called and would be on the pick up counter. Chiska turned and walked toward Chiffon and tossed the little paper on her table. Asking for bread should never be that complicated.

"Here. It will be called out and it will be on the pick up counter. So uh..." He stood for a moment and cleared his throat. It felt as though he should say something. "You did good."

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon looked at the number on the paper, propping her elbow up to rest her chin on her hand. She sighed looking at Byron. He was nuts, just crazy and she's trapped herself because of her conscience couldn't leave it alone. You did good? Was that his way of thanking her? "After this I'm going to go my separate way. Where are you staying so I can avoid that?" There wasn't much room for politeness, or much patience left for that matter. She didn't care anymore and she still needed to find a place to sleep this off. Her weariness was catching up with her.
Miss Chiffon

Chiska laughed as he sat across from Chiffon. "You will have a problem avoiding where I am staying. I live everywhere, the forest, in the streets. I choose where I want to sleep because where ever I lay my head, I call it home."

Chiska sat straight in his chair, arms folded looking toward the back of the bakery. He didn't want to be there anymore than she did. Sure he didn't fully grasped this culture or their etiquette but he didn't care either. He was just hungry and didn't care for the cushy lifestyle of these Terrans.

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon sat up wide eyed. Of course, that makes so much sense, she felt bad for her selfishness and how rude she was being to this poor homeless man. She didn't think he would ever pay her back, but this definitely meant he wasn't going to. Of course that wasn't important anymore. He probably got stuck here one day and couldn't leave because of his situation. Or he was ostracized by his weird customs and he just wanted something to eat. That's probably why he doesn't like Elves because of some unfortunate run in with some. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know. I thought you were just some big... Well it doesn't matter, I'm sorry I've been a jerk. I didn't know about your situation. I guess I should have gotten to know you better first." She bit her lip with apologetic eyes.
Miss Chiffon

Chiska was pleasantly surprised by the sudden change in her attitude. Maybe she was bi-polar? Either way this was more agreeable. "Well the forest has always been my home. I've tried sleeping in a bed but it's too soft. Far from what I'm used to. When people try to civilize a man that's been wild for too long they're only wasting their time. I'm a lost cause when it comes to their ideas of structured and civilized living. The forest suits me just fine." He wasn't sure what to make of her sudden sympathy and didn't really want to answer her questions. "We'll just leave it at that."

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon shook her head. "Oh don't say that, no one is a lost cause. It's just a matter of getting used to things like that again. Maybe you're trying things too quickly? Maybe easing yourself into how things are would make it a smoother transition? You don't have to sleep in a bed at first, but certainly a roof over your head would be good right?" She felt bad for him, he seems to have been a vagabond for a long time considering his attitude and... smell. "I don't know how much I can do but if you want to order more than just eight slices of bread you can. I can spare a bit more if you need it."
Miss Chiffon

Chiska looked at Chiffon quizically. Why the hell was she acting like he needed her pity. Figures. An elf would try and force their ideals of civilized living on him. They themselves started out in the tall forests with nothing but their arms to climb into the branches and quietly pray to the moon that a predator didn't already live in that tree. The Elves are the ones that turned their back on the natural world they worship. Who is she to tell him how to live?

"No. I'm pretty set in my ways. It's too late to try and change some one like me. I like it in the dirt and mossy stones. The wind and night sounds are my lullaby and the stars are the sheep I count to fall asleep. Living in a box is too quiet, leaves your mind vulnerable to the silence."

Chiska laughed and slapped the table. "Ha! Eight slices would be fine for you, I ordered eight loaves. That's the only way my belly would at least be happy long enough to sleep tonight." Just then their number was called to pick up their order. Finally.

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon jumped when Byron slapped the table all of a sudden. What did she say? EIGHT LOAVES? Chiffon jumped up and squeezed past a couple people sitting in chairs to the pick up counter. There sat a little paper plate with two scones and two baker's boxes with four loaves each. The man behind the counter reached over the boxes, "Will this be cash, credit or debit?" Chiffon looked at him, she didn't want to know but had to ask, "Uh um, I missed how much this all was, the-the total I mean." The man looked away for a moment then back at Chiffon, "That will be $74.71 ma'am." Chiffon wanted to cry, but smiled. "Sure thing, I'll just... let's see." She opened her purse and pulled out her wallet. There was enough here, but barely. This much money was supposed to last the week with how she budgeted this trip. "Here you go sir!" She picked up her scones, realizing her hands were shaky. She was a mix of sad anger and she could feel the blood rushing to her face. She looked to Byron making a small motion to the boxes of bread, "Um, you can come get these... enjoy." She picked up her scones, the man dropped the change into her hand and she headed for the front door.
Miss Chiffon

Chiska stood with a grunt and made his way toward the bread. The little elf girl walked by him seemingly sulking. Definitely bi-polar. She's angry, high and mighty and now she's hit a low. Is this how most Elven women are or... He shook his head, it didn't matter. He had food to take care of. After Chiffon exited the shop however, he had a thought. Chances are she was staying at that inn where Ulysses and Minerva were staying. This might be an opportunity.

Chiska looked at the man by the register. "You there, find me a bag for these. Then some twine will do, just bind these so I can catch an Elf!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff