FILM IT! *grabs camera* 0.061576354679803 6.2% [ 25 ]
MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT! *grabs goose costume* 0.10591133004926 10.6% [ 43 ]
TWEET IT! *grabs phone* 0.029556650246305 3.0% [ 12 ]
MAKE A STUPID POLL ABOUT IT! *...* 0.10837438423645 10.8% [ 44 ]
*honk honk* 0.33990147783251 34.0% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

This one was feisty. The ghost giggled at the little kobold, as any amused young woman would. Of course, it was probably off putting hearing the sudden, disembodied laugh so close by, so she would do as he asked. Bits of the tavern and chair would flicker like static on an old television screen as she gathered up their energies. No energy would be taken from the little one as she felt he held no true threat to her existence. Her blue and white mask were the first to appear, slowly fading into view with its empty eyes and Mona Lisa smile, then the rest of her outfit. Black and blue with hints of wintery white and silvers decorated the masquerade like outfit. There she appeared before him, hovering a few fingers width above the ground, still leaned over with her head tilted curiously. "Hello." Her feminine voice spoke softly, though the mask didn't move in sync.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

Alignment: Neutral

The disembodied laughter freaked him out and he went on high alert now. If he had hair it would have been standing on end at this point. Holding his right hand up as if he was about to cast a spell. All Skeeve could do was watch as the furniture and part of the building flickered. But when a mask was formed, he stared and watched in terror as a dress was formed. He might have found it rather pretty, had it not just appeared in front of him. The bard's jaw hung slack as he watched her lean over toward him.

The specter's simple greeting was met with the possibly most high pitched scream of terror a creature could emit. After the scream in terror, Skeeve bolted. Right into the doors of the building as was met with a loud thump as his snout bounced off the wood and he fell backwards. Curling into a ball around his bongos, he looked to be in a defensive roll, protecting his vital organs with his boney body. "Please no hurt Skeeve ghost lady! Skeeve just bard! Skeeve never hurt people! Skeeve not even able fight! Skeeve not kill you!" The small creature was whimpering in terror and shaking violently.

Physical Characteristics:
Kobold Features: Skeeve is a kobold, he has bulgy eyes and looks like a short anthropomorphic gecko with digitigrade legs.

Inventory:
1x Bongos (dangles from him by twine)

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:
Height: 2' 3"
Weight: 20 lb
Scales: Brown
Eyes: Red
Build: Scrawny

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Oh, that screech! Not a pleasant sound, not at all! The ghostly figure covered her ears and instantly faded back into nothingness, just as the kobold made a mad dash towards the doors. Why did the living always shout in surprise when she did as they asked? And... as she listened to his whimpering, wondered why they sometimes pleaded afterwards.

It took her a moment to realize something it had said. Bard. That was a word long gone from this world. No one claimed to play instruments anymore, especially as a bard. She reappeared again, this time from a few steps further away, as not to frighten the poor thing worse. Still she hovered above the ground, straight and still like a proper woman. "I won't hurt you, little one. Were you the one playing that music on that little drum, bard? It sounded lovely."

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

The whimpering soon stopped when he realized she wasn't coming after him. Sniffling could be heard as he tried to calm himself down. Making a few gasps as he tried to get himself together. Her words helped to ease him out of terror and into comfort. Looking up at her with his lady bulgy eyes. She thought his music was lovely? Skeeve's tribe never liked his music and story telling.... Uncurling from around the bongos, he kept looking up at the stoic mask she wore. "Yes, Skeeve bard. Play drums... Skeeve play drums earlier...." He still seemed a bit nervous, but he was always terrified of anything humanoid. While he responded in terror Haskur always responded in violence. "You like Skeeve's music?" Sitting behind his bongos, the little Kobold gingerly reached out and gave the stretched skin a single bop. But after that it seemed to flow through him and he began to tap the tops of the drums and shifted where his hands strummed producing different sounds from hitting the wood barrels and the far edged of the drum skins.

Kobold Features: Skeeve is a kobold, he has bulgy eyes and looks like a short anthropomorphic gecko with digitigrade legs.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

That was much better. Silently she watched as the kobold calmed down and uncurled himself from his instruments. He was a curious creature now that she could see him fully. The masked being gave a single nod to answer. "Of course. All music is wonderful if one is willing to listen to it."

As he continued on with his music, Mezmer drifted down. Where her knees should have been, the dress puffed outward until it looked as if she was sitting on her shins. Her black gloved hands, wrapped entirely in black and blue cloth and nearly hidden under white fur trim, would rest on top of her thighs while she sat perfectly still and listened. So polite.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

The sides of his lips turned up a bit in the sign of a smile as she spoke of how all music was wonderful. "You seem like nice lady." Skeeve stated as he continued to play the beat, though it really didn't seem to flow like a normal song, no real repeating pattern to it. But it fit and went smoothly for the transitions of the pacing. In reality, he was showing that he was self taught but did have some natural talent for it. During his playing he would watch her sit down, it made him wonder why she was in such a woody place. The lady looked like royalty, not a scavenger like him or an outdoorsy type. His playing would slowly come to a close as he gave his wrists a little break. "Skeeve want know.... why ghost lady here? Ghost lady look like she belong in castle. This, more for Skeeve type. This not fit for nice lady dress."

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

"Why thank you." She would reply to the compliment, but the other's curiosity only made her head slightly tilt. As he continued to play, she would sit eerily still, still listening and watching how he played. The bongos were a strange instrument, nothing like the loud drums she heard bands pound on during their marches. And then came questions. Mezmer stayed silent for a moment longer, trying her best to remember why she wandered so. Again bits of the area flickered, even parts of the ground as if it were part of a broken computer simulation. It took a lot of energy trying to remember things, trying to remember the emotions she once felt ages ago.

"I am.. not sure." Another moment of silence before she spoke again. "My name is Mezmer, sir. As for your castles, I...am not sure I know of any. At least, I haven't seen any around here. What is... Skeeve type?" She asked, genuinely curious about the kobold.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

The gecko-like creature smiled his weird lizard smile when she responded to his compliment. Hands resting atop his bongos as he watched the area flicker weirdly. The lady must be causing it. "I ghost lady lost? Skeeve lost too. Skeeve name.... Skeeve." His way of talking made introductions a redundant thing for him to perform, and lhe looked around for a moment to pretend like he didn't look like a moron. "Ghost lady belong in castle, pretty castle for pretty dress. Skeeve see castles, lots of castles. In dungeons of them sometime. Not fun sometime. Skeeve type? Kobold.... poor... vermin... beggar. Skeeve not fit with people. But, Skeeve not always want be poor Kobold. Skeeve want to play music, Skeeve want to learn more than bongo. Skeeve want to write stories, share news. Skeeve not want to be vermin." Looking down a bit as he seemed distraught, but popped right back up again. "Want Skeeve help Mezmer castle?"

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Another silent and subtle nod for an answer. "I am lost. But I have grown used to it over the years. Places begin to look the same after a while." She giggled at his repeated name. It was cute in a way. "Then it is a pleasure to meet you, Skeeve." Her form seemed to sag as she listened to his story. If she could frown, she would have. Such a poor creature. "Vermin? You? You do not seem like a pest, not with such wonderful drums."

It was his question that brought silence again. She wasn't sure if she wanted to leave just yet. But this place seemed empty of emotions, save for the kobold's and her own. "If you would like?"

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

There looked to be a frown on the Kobold's features as Mezmer said she was in fact lost. "You not see lots of places. Every place different. Skeeve once see place with fancy piano, Skeeve not allowed to play, but could look." When she claimed he wasn't vermin the Kobold shook his head at her. "Not to you, ghost lady. Villagers chase Skeeve when see him. Places think he steal when he there. Kobold have bad name, Skeeve pay price." When the decision was left up to him, Skeeve did a quick tap on his bongos and stood up. "Skeeve no care where he go, but Skeeve help ghost lady find home." Standing up, he hung the bongos from him and smiled. "Ghost lady have dream?" He asked her while standing there, wanting to know a bit more about the mysterious lady.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Mezmer thought about being lost. Yes, it seemed horrible for the living mortals, but for her it was an adventure wherever she went. Life was precious and ever changing. A tree could fall one year, and another grow in its place the next. The edge of a town could expand with more land being cleared out and new buildings erected within a year. "Perhaps." She would reply politely.

"If it comforts you, I scare people away. They don't like what I am. They throw water every where when I visit and burn strange herbs after." As Skeeve stood up, so did she. Well, more like floated up, until she appeared to stand again. "Dream?I don't believe I dream. Or sleep, or eat. I'm not even sure I have a home..." Her voice trailed off as she tried to remember. Yet again the area began to flicker, but this time she started to drift away as a hand reached up to cover her mouth thoughtfully. She didn't realize she was floating away, it simply happened.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

Tilting his head at her answer, it was misunderstood by the small scaley critter. "You scare Skeeve. But you not bad..... Mezmer like Skeeve. Not scary, not bad.... they just not understand." Skeeve felt a bit bad, he acted in terror when she did no wrong. He jumped to conclusions like people do. "Skeeve sorry for screaming. Not used to people popping in. But Mezmer must have dream. Not sleepy time dream. But..... thingy Mezmer want... Mezmer not want anything? Skeeve tell you what he want, he want that and nice man to hold Skeeve at night. Mezmer not want to not be alone? Not be lost?" As she began to drift, Skeeve actually was following her. She was sorta like a new friend and he didn't just want her to go yet.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Her attention drew back to reality and she came to a halt. The little kobold was following her now, she noticed. She chuckled lightly at the little creature as he said his apologizes. They were gratefully welcomed. "Thank you for your understanding, Skeeve. In return, I apologize for scaring you. And yes, Mezmer does like Skeeve. You are not a nasty vermin like the others believe. You are very polite." She said as she continued to drift, albeit slower so her new friend could keep up. "I am not sure what I want. Perhaps to be alive? To dream sounds nice too. But it has been so long since... I have been like you. Mortal."

To not be alone, that sounded good too, and she didn't feel so alone right now with the kobold following her. The feeling however still lingered deep inside, as if something was still missing. The thought drifted back to Skeeve's dream. He sounded lonely too. "You want a nice man to hold you? What do you mean?"

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

"It's not bad, everyone scare Skeeve. Skeeve big scaredy cat." Laughing a bit at it, imagining himself as a puffed up cat. "Skeeve thanks Mezmer for nice words, make Skeeve happy to hear." Alive? Maybe he could find her someone to bring her back? "Skeeve knows stories, tales about dead. Dead from long ago, they come back. Mezmer and Skeeve, we find you someone, Mezmer dream again, yes?" When she asked what he meant, Skeeve actually stopped and drooped his head a bit, fiddling with his tail. He wasn't sure if she would judge him for it like the tribe did. "Skeeve, not.... Skeeve not like females.... Kobold men no like Skeeve, not like Skeeve like them.... Skeeve not know if anyone like Skeeve like that." The little Kobold actually looked embarrassed now that he said it.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Mezmer giggled once again. "You don't seem so afraid now. You're following a 'ghost lady' after all." Tales about the dead coming back to life? But she had no body by now. How would that work? It was such a strange concept. "You know many things I do not. Perhaps one day you can find someone to help me dream. I would be so very grateful for that."

But it wasn't long before the kobold stopped in shame. Mezmer stopped as soon as he did. Her figure would once again bow down towards the kobold, letting her empty mask peer at him. She wasn't trying to be malicious, she was simply curious. "You enjoy the company of other males?" This being was definitely growing more and more bizarre the longer she stayed. A moment of long silence. She had to reach for a feeling, anything that could coax her to speak without insulting the little guy. Hope. "Your kind don't seem very nice to one another. One day, you will find someone who appreciates your talent, Skeeve."

((*groans* Gotta go after one more post. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff