Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He laughed.

"It would have been a good show. When you told me about your conquest, I only had my imagination to picture what it might have been like."

He walked steadily, looking up at the mountains.

"The gala's and public appearance is more of my forte, that's true. Outright destruction is difficult as a human, but to convince a people to welcome destruction is just as good. I'm innocent if they demand and purchase it with their own lives."

He glanced at Minerva, his eyes darting occasionally to the trail.

"I'm a broker of sorts. I don't know if I've ever told you what I actually do.

His eyes went back to the mountains.

"If I had to pick a word, that's the one I'd pick. A broker. I buy and trade things between sides on behalf of myself. There's nothing in the universe that can't be bought. You can buy a man's convictions if the price is right. A nation is built on their currency so that proves easier. When they realize things have gone too far, that they've only stopped short of selling their soul, it's too late. The roots go too deep."

He looked at Minerva, catching his own rambling.

"So yes, you're right. I profit from contention and play with their worst intentions until they give themselves away."

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon gasped as Chiska threw the meat out to the woods. Thankfully no blood spattered on her, but she inwardly lamented her purse strap once she got a good look at it. It was easy to tell that it was dirty as the white accessory now was turning to an earthy tan. Chiffon had put her hands up, as Chiska seemed to get angry, "Whoa, hey..." It became very real that she had left the safety of her apartment and now nothing was in-between them. It being daylight out made her feel a bit better. "Uh, I tased you. I don't tase people I misunderstand." His eyes reminded Chiffon of a wild animal, which was somewhat unsettling. "Yeah... guts. I don't-- I really don't know what to make of this conversa---" She stopped short at the mention of Ulysses and Minerva, her kind hosts this morning. "Yeah, I talked to them and they were very pleasant people, which makes you look even more crazy. I won't be giving them anymore messages either so what ever you have to say just handle it yourself." Chiffon shook her head dismissively. "You're too odd and violent for me to be talking to you. I gotta go." She turned, picked up her purse carefully to avoid getting blood on her and turned to go back in her room.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

π•Έπ–Žπ–“π–Šπ–—π–›π–† π•Έπ–”π–—π–™π–Žπ–˜

She grinned as he said it, having suspected it was something to that effect for quite some time now. The manner in wich they had conducted business in the past being any indication of his field, his notable desire for acquisition of the rare and valuable having been the driving force behind her own attraction to the man in the first place. Minerva would cast her own gaze his way periodically as they walked, taking her time as one could start to feel the air was becoming thinner now. "Powerful skills indeed, as I am certain they have served you well. You are a great man to bargain with, sometimes business can be pleasureable."
Miss Chiffon

Chiska watched her grab her things. "Much good that does you. You're supposed to be on some adventure, braving the real world between civilization and yet here you are, walking back into your comfortable hole. You might as well go home, because you clearly can't handle what you're asking for." He shrugged and rolled his eyes, placing a hand on the railing and leaning on his arm. "I doubt you even know what you're going to do today. Try some food? Shop for souvenirs? Continue to take the world through your soft filters? What an Elf thing to do, and here I thought you were a better..." Chiska chose his words carefully, a smirk on his face slowly appeared. "Mutt."

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He raised an eyebrow, with a sideways glance. He was smiling.

"Perhaps now you know why I struggle to keep from talking about my dealings. For me, I can't distinguish between business and pleasure. They're one and the same. But yes, it's been stellar thus far. Though I've never had a business partner before, which I say, a business partner should be the greater part of your lover. Love on its own is nice, but if it builds nothing then it is often left unfulfilled. I don't know what to call that."

He laughed, shaking his head.

"As far as I'm concerned, I've been on vacation for years. Though some find my methods unethical and protest my victories. Though, I can't think of any predator that takes advice from its prey, so I carry on."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She laughed softly at this, smiling along with him as they enjoyed their walk and conversation which left Minerva with a feeling that even now there was so much about her captian that she'd yet to learn. She turned around abruptly once they were high enough above the tree line, gazing down along the scoop that was the valley bellow, filled to the brim with forest and edged with the village off in the distance. In the sunlight her eyes squinted beneath the brim of her hat, she could feel the steam wafting off of her form from being in the light so long, but she didn't utter a word of discomfort. After surveying their surroundings she nodded contently to herself, pleased with their progress she carried on, heading into the mountainside seeking the shelter of the secluded caverns she'd encountered.

The stone walls of the massive monuments of nature began to tower over them imposingly, bearing down upon them from above. Down here one would catch glimpse of water trickling past, making itself known only by it's jewel like glint and the softest babble against pebbles and cracks along it's path. Minerva strode along quietly now, not one for the echo caused by the chasm in which they were slowly working their way into.

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon stopped, her back and arm muscles tensed briefly like the word had dealt her a physical blow. She was quiet for a moment before swinging an arm lazily in front of her to toss her purse and shoe into the apartment. The bloody strap was bundled into the purse. So that's what he was going to say in the bakery, he could tell somehow. It was something that always seemed to come up throughout most of her life. Chiffon turned and looked at his stupid, smug face. Her voice was low, "Does it take strength to be that petty and hateful? Or is it just how you sad and alone you are that makes you this way? No wonder you live in the woods..."

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

Watching Minerva, he made the same observances. They were far from the village and he felt himself relax. He was mildly surprised, unaware of his tension. He felt more open.

He looked at Minerva and watched her quietly survey the valley. She seemed to be steaming, which would have Alarmed Ulysses if not for Minerva's calm demeanor. He'd walk with her when she was ready, until they reached the maw of the cavern.

"Stunning. Just Stunning..." It was aloud but for himself. As they entered the cavern he reached for his hat to take it off, as if he were entering someone's home, only to be reminded of his bare head. He spoke quietly, like a penitent man in a chapel.

"Looks like our friend is quite old. Old and deep."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Delving into the depths of the cavern slowly Minerva ran her fingertips along the cool rough surface, pocked and scarred by aggresive waters long vanished. When Ulysses voice broke the reverent silence she smiled to him, the removal of his hat surprised her but she said nothing of his hat head threatening to return, adoring the boyish charm it gave him.

"Ancient even, but not as slumberous as it would have us believe...." She said with a knowing grin.

Light trickled in pockets as the cavern ceiling revealed pathways the rainwater had erroded away, though as they went on the beams became few and far between as the darkness threatened to swallow them up. Her hand reached for his to lead them along the safest route through the cavern, the air around them would steadily grow warmer and ahead of them a ways was the faint glow of light that did not come from the sun.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

(Time skip!)

Their exploration of the mountain was thorough and lengthy, Minerva had shown off the depths of the cavern that had been carved into the roots of the mountain by a river of lava that twisted itself farther down than she cared to go. Linning the river were smaller caverns, each filled with life and creatures so strange that she'd almost forgotten a few times that they were on Terra.

By the time they had returned to the surface the sun had begun yet another descent, the darkness provided Minerva with some comfort as they walked along in plain sight through a wide path which was frequently used between the Rosewood Inn and Meadow Ridge. Clasping Ulysses hand loosely she smiled as they made their return to the building from which they'd departed.

"Times like this, I wish you didn't have to leave when all is said and done. I know you are a busy man and have much business to tend to, but call me silly I can't help but fear that one day you may leave and I'll never see you again." Minerva's gaze had fallen to the floor boards they crossed as she made to seat herself at one of the many lovely patio sets that were out on the deck of the Rosewood Inn. "It may simply be trepidation of our encounter with Chiska muddling my mind, but something is there, gnawing at the back of my thoughts and filling me with dread for when we say goodbye once more." She nipped the inside of her lower lip after speaking, bringing her pale orbs to meet his timidly.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

Alignment: Neutral

Scurrying through the mountains and the trees, the little Kobold was trying his best to survive. After getting separated from his brother in arms, he could do nothing but run. He'd been running for days, from orcs, goblins, and very large birds that wanted to peck out his eye balls. The Kobold bard made it into the meadows where he dodged getting trampled by horses that ran free. As he ran, he kept a hold on the bongos that dangled from him, the precious instrument is the only way he could get fed and at time was what kept him from being simply killed. Though he was capable of powerful magic, he was always scared, especially when alone or surrounded by bigger creatures who were not his friends.

Scurrying through the town, he managed to grab a few scraps of food that was visible in exposed trash cans. Though he kept running, sticking to the shadows of the buildings out of fear the population would try and kill him. Running and running, the bardic Kobold ran in terror of things that might not happen. But as he was miles from the little town, his energy started to finally run out. Stumbling up the short steps and thumping down onto the porch of the building he found. He didn't readily smell anyone, maybe, maybe it was abandoned? But it looked maintained. Peeking through a window, he saw weird machines moving around, for some reason it brought the little creature joy. Machines didn't discriminate. But as he finally stopped his running and the pain caught up, Skeeve plopped down on the porch, unable to climb up into the chairs.

Relaxing for a bit, he pulled his bongos in front of him. Checking them over before he began to drum a beat upon them with his hands, tapping the sides of the small drums to produce a different sound with his beats as he alternated his pattern to sound rather upbeat. It brought the creature joy as he played and despite the machines probably not feeling what he felt, he hoped they liked it too.

Physical Characteristics:
Kobold Features: Skeeve is a kobold, he has bulgy eyes and looks like a short anthropomorphic gecko with digitigrade legs.

Inventory:
1x Bongos (dangles from him by twine)

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:
Height: 2' 3"
Weight: 20 lb
Scales: Brown
Eyes: Red
Build: Scrawny

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

After playing his bongos for a bit, the small Kobold shifted them around to his side and began to stretch out his legs. All the running had left his body aching and sore, but at least here, it seemed rather safe. After working the aches out of his muscles, the bard finally stood up and began to stretch more to try to loosen up. But it all just ached for him. "Skeeve need massage. Yes, that nice. Nice rub rub for Skeeve." He snickered at the thought, someone massaging him. Most looked at him weird cause his species was considered vermin, but it was still a nice thought that made a smile cross his snout. Using some of his regained energy, he climbed up onto one of the chairs and began to look around. Much to his joy and surprise, it was a rocking chair. Back and forth he rocked while chuckling happily before the chair tipped forward too far and dumped him out before falling on top of him. Skeeve squeezed his way out from under it and went back to sitting on the porch. Pulling his bongos back infront of him, the bardic Kobold began to drum his fingers along the rim and bopping the center of one of the drums. Back to playing an upbeat and speedy tune to keep his cheery mood going.

Kobold Features: Skeeve is a kobold, he has bulgy eyes and looks like a short anthropomorphic gecko with digitigrade legs.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

And another happy tune done, Skeeve stood up when he was done playing and moved over to the fallen rocking chair. He could have picked it up and pushed it back into the upright position, but, it looked like it could be comfy. Pulling his bongos off of him and setting them down onto the decking of the porch, the Kobold looked over the fallen rocking chair. Climbing on top of it, he hopped up and down to make sure it wouldn't break if something fell on it. Seemed sturdy enough to him, though he was no carpenter. Yawning loudly, he hopped down off of it and crawled underneath it, reaching out, he pulled his bongos beneath the fallen rocking chair. Curling his body around the musical instrument, the tiny gecko like creature began to nap, tired from his adventure.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Playful Nerd

Mezmer

Life always seemed so strange, moving faster at times, and then slower at others. Some seemed to forget how precious certain things were. Memories, life, even death. But not this one. Along the ever changing world, she wandered, wherever her heart drew her.

Forests always seemed to blend together, a maze of intertwined branches and roots with thick trunks holding both the realms of hidden sky and sodden dirt together. This area was unfamiliar, just like many more before it. The nearby town had drawn her until she had silently and invisibly watched the locals. Nothing interesting caught her attention there, but out among the woods, something else did. Misplaced sounds. Drums of some sort. Bongos, to be exact. And it sounded cheerful. How curious.

Off she wandered towards the noise, staying silent and hidden in her ghostly form. The trees soon cleared out and before her stood an old tavern. A glance at the exterior told her it was still in good condition, but something along the porch peaked her interest. One of the rocking chairs was flipped over. A few trees surrounding her flickered in and out of existence as she drew from their energy before she floated closer. Quietly she observed the overturned chair and...whatever the little lizard was underneath. Spying the bongo he had been playing tucked close to him, she came to the conclusion that perhaps he was the little drummer she heard earlier. The ghost reached through the chair and gave the bongo a little tap with a ghostly finger, listening as it sounded in return.

Trash Smoker

Skeeve
Skeeve just wanna play!

Beneath the chair, the little Kobold had been sleeping peacefully. Dreaming of playing before crowds of dragons, his music bringing them cheer and him admiration. Twitching a bit, he hugged his bongos close to him, as if they were the only thing he had, which they were. But when something bopped against it, at first he believed it to be his tail but he opened his eyes anyway to check and make sure no one was stealing from him. Looking around from beneath the chair, he looked at his tail and noticed it was under the bongos. Than what caused the sound? With a hop he flipped the chair up off of him and hung the bongos from him as he looked like he was on the alert. He felt something but saw nothing. "Who there?! Come out! Skeeve know majic! Great kobold wizard! Kill many dragon!" He was a bard, and he was bluffing, but he played the act and made sue he looked like he was serious.

Inventory:

Clothing:
1x Ragged Loin Cloth

Appearance:

Quick Reply

Submit