Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He laughed as well, nearing the stairs.

"Well certainly if I were to agree to such a thing I would require silk. If I give up on myself I should do it comfortably. Until I reach that point in my life you can safely assume the answer is no."

He was still chuckling as they walked to the bar.

"I'm curious. Does this village have a night life any sort? Does it just sleep or is there some thing to expect? Something fun."

As they approached the bar and the brass spindles came into view Ulysses gave out a brief laugh, like a humph.

"I don't suppose any of these gentlemen would have an answer for my question."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

π•Έπ–Žπ–“π–Šπ–—π–›π–† π•Έπ–”π–—π–™π–Žπ–˜

Upon reaching the bar Minerva leaned against it, reaching over to tap one of the metal men on their 'shoulder'. "One grapefruit juice and a black coffee please." Ulysses' comments of night life was not lost on her, but she waited until her mug was in hand and a gulp downed before turning to answer him.

"You would be surprised how lively this place can be at night. There is a place I had in mind." She smiled to him before glancing for sight of a clock, her natural circadian rhythym way off beat from her Terran counterpart placed an uncomfortable crutch on her when the subject of time was in question. "Ah, from the looks of things it is roughly nine o'clock, the party is only just getting started if I am correct, we have ample time." There was a place she knew of, mostly due to personal investment, thinking of it made her smile all the wider.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He stood next to Minerva, his eyes watching the spindles but his head leaned in Minerva's direction as he listened. His hand loosely held his own glass.

"Alright."

He took a drink before looking to Minerva, leaning on the bar with his free elbow casually rested on the counter top.

"I like your surprises so let's do that. The village seems so idyllic that I'd like to see the underbelly of it all."

He raised an eyebrow, a smile forming on his face as well.

"Must be something worthwhile if you're smiling like that."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

"Oh trust me, this is going to be fun." Her grin persisted as she drank up the coffee, eager to be moving along. "Serene as this place may be, it does have a wild side.'' She would wait until he was finished before motioning them to the bar room door which had been barred by glossy tar, darkness congealed to act as a gateway.

"This way is faster, it takes a fair while to reach by conventional means." The inn being situated outside of Meadow Ridge would make the trip eat up the night. Approaching the barrier one could hear a heavy beat and other strange noises coming from it. Holding out a hand to him she pushed her other one into the blackness, which upon contact became a clear substance which showcased a lively crowd dancing to music being played from a platform off to their left. Once through the gateway would close, and Minerva fought against the urge to begin dancing then and there to the near deafening music. Turning to Ulysses after stepping aside she waited to see what he thought of the nightclub. "Welcome to The Stargazer." So aptly named for the observation tower it was built beneath.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

Once he had finished his drink he looked to where she was leading them. He looked over the glossy tar.

"I hope that's dance music I hear and not the drum beats of an underground cult. This gateway is somewhat foreboding to think 'fun' is on the other side."

He looked to Minerva who was still smiling as she pushed through the darkness, he smiled and took her hand and followed her through. He blinked at the sudden loud music and to adjust for the change in lighting. He looked around with excitement in his eyes, he leaned in to ward Minerva to catch the name of the place. He spoke loudly to be heard over the music.

"Stargrazer? Or Stargazer? This scene seems to suit you."

He looked around for a moment before settling on Minerva again.

"Shall we dance?"
Chiska ditched the red hat along with his pilfered loot in a safe place. He wanted to walk around the village more to scout it out. There was no way this valley was only a vacation spot. There had to be some importance to it. Right? He walked along a dirt path toward the village, it was darker out but he still donned a disguise in case he happened to run into Ulysses or Minerva, having lost track of them since they left their room.

Chiska inhaled the night air. His senses were more keen at night. He tugged uncomfortably at his collar, his clothes itching him fiercly.

"Agh, blasted... cotton. Nothing compares to... fur."

Chiska walked into the village with slight surprise with how many people were still out and about. The street lighting doing a fine job with making the town glow. Great.

Timid Seeker

Chiffon walked through the town looking at the different shops. She had intended to arrive earlier in the day but she was relieved to see the town was still very much awake with a sleepy bustle. She walked casually toward the smell of a bakery with her nose to the air. A quick bite to eat would do her some good after her journey.
Chiska wandered the streets with one thing on his mind: Food. He had been making do with the small wildlife around the village but their size couldn't keep up with his metabolism. Nothing big enough stuck around the Terran population as their animals tend to do.

Chiska caught a whiff of baking bread and turned towards the smell with his nose in the air. Bread, the only thing that he'd eat through an oven. Cooking, in his mind, made you weak as nature intended bellies to be filled with its raw bounty. He walked in the direction of the smell, his stomach growling for substance.

Timid Seeker

Chiffon walked into the bakery, the warm blanketing air of fresh baked breads and pastries making her smile. The lady behind the counter greeted her as she dealt with other customers. "Hello! I'll be right with you." Chiffon nodded and answered, "That's fine take your time." Chiffon preoccupied herself by looking over the baked treats that were on display before settling her eyes on the 'Baking Fresh' list.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

"Haha, I said Star Gazer. It was the name of the building I purchased, this whole place is built into the side of the mountains with a gigantic observatory above." She moved closer so he could hear her, unable to resist the beat her form slowly bobbed and shifted to the steady beat, not needing to be asked to give in to the groove that was working it's way through her.

"Yes! You know I've been wanting to share this place with you since it's inception, but I thought it would make better for a surprise." Keeping close enough to maintain their conversation she giggled as they danced. "I swear it was like I'd been bitten by a bug after we danced at the cookout, if I hear music, it's like my feet take on a life of their own." She laughed at this and shook her head, slowly nudging them deeper into the crowd and away from the direct blasts of the speakers.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He laughed, his own body bobbed close to hers.

"Ah of course! I think about our dance from time to time. I've always wanted to do it again."

He smiled as his dancing moved to the beat. Once they had found a place in the crowd his dancing was more pronounced.

"I'm not surprised to see you enterprising, but I am impressed. Now before I start talking too much, show me that new life your feet lead now."

Smiling he really began dancing with one hand reaching to hers and holding it up like a peek under a table cloth, his eyes searching her form. When eye contact was made again, his were an invitation, daring her.
Chiska approached the bakery, looking in before entering. Looked like a bakery. He opened the door and stepped in. He looked over to the closest person he saw, some elf by the looks of it.

"You there, elf girl. Bread."

It wasn't until he was greeted by a somewhat confused clerk and asked to wait a moment that he realized his error. He slid the sunglasses off his face, it being silly to even wear them at night but he wasn't leaving much to chance. He grunted, and waved a hand to the clerk in acknowledgement.

"Alright."

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon's ears perked up to 'elf girl'. She turned to the large man who walked in with a look of partial disbelief. "I'm sorry? Do you mean me?" First of all, who just demands bread like that. When he took his sunglasses off and she saw his yellow eyes Chiffon decided it wouldn't hurt to strike up a conversation while they waited, her first impression aside. "You're not from here. Me neither. I just arrived today. My name is Chiffon." She smiled and offered a gloved hand.
Chiska looked to the elf and then to her hand that was being offered. He reached his hand out to hers and shook it firmly.

"I'm Byron, you must not travel often. Since you've only just arrived, I'm assuming you're carrying everything on you still. Money, traveling documents perhaps? Anything else you'd like to share with a stranger Chiffon?"

He was hungry and a bit irritable, but this poor girl was just asking for it. The man in front of them in line glanced behind him with a look of suspicion. Chiska sighed.

"Look, just be more careful alright? Announcing that s**t is just asking for trouble."

EDIT: ((Forgot to quote, sorry.))

Timid Seeker

Deck Chiska

Chiffon blinked at the man who shook her hand. "Yes, well if you'd like to know, I also have a stun gun and mace for such an occasion. And I have traveled before, just never been here before." The man had a point, she let her excitement get too much. The line moved forward and Chiffon snatched her hand from his. "Besides, have you ever ordered bread before? You don't just demand bread like that."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff