Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone interested in Bounty style RP?

Yes 0.39130434782609 39.1% [ 27 ]
No 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 12 ]
Depends... 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]

The Awakening: Part I

+++++++"Are you sure we should be doing this?" The voice voice was shaky, and it belonged to a rather humble looking man who was walking through the forest with his taller, more menacing, companion.

+++++++Clearly the taller man had heard the question several times along the trip because he let out an irritated sigh before stopping to turn to his companion. "Look, this forest is crawling with things that are probably itching to rip our throats out and your biggest concern is whether or not this is morally responsible?" The taller one threw his hands in the air to emphasize his irritation at having this conversation. "Even beyond this forest there are things--creatures--that would see us both bled. The only thing that will see us to a ripe old age is this book." He waved the old, leather-bound book in the shorter mans face.

+++++++"Isn't there in a way in that book that doesn't involve human sacrifice?!" The shorter man was almost yelling at this point. Tears had welled up in the corners of his eyes, and it was clear that he had been struggling with himself this whole trip. And for the first time, the shorter man got the courage to look behind them at their captive.

+++++++"That is not a human. It's a demon. You know that." said the taller one while pointing at the man with his hands bound and the black bag over his face. "Now get yourself together. I promise, this will all be worth it."

+++++++The shorter man wiped his eyes, and put on a fake smile. "You're right. I was being dumb. Let's continue."

+++++++It wasn't long before they found themselves at their destination. It was a huge tree; probably the oldest tree in the forest. It's gnarled roots were jutting from the ground and branching out in every direction. It was only a matter of minutes and the pair had their captive tied to the tree; his arms painfully stretched around the large trunk. The demon cursed and pulled at the ropes, but to no avail. Both men simply stood there looking at him. The shorter one was obviously still concerned about his choice, but there was nothing he could do about it now. His taller friend had already begun reading from the book--chanting in some long-forgotten language--while the feeling in the forest began to change. Animals crawled into their holes and the clouds overhead rapidly gathered and darkened.

+++++++A few minutes went by, and the air seemed to thicken with a dark power. Words continued pouring out of the taller man's mouth while the shorter one had taken to hiding behind a nearby tree.

+++++++Without warning, the demon started lashing out more violently. The magic-laced words sent him into a frenzy. He pulled so hard at his restraints that they began biting into the flesh and caused blood to drip from the tearing skin.

+++++++The taller one snapped the book shut at the display and stepped forward. From a sheath at his belt at his belt he produced a large knife. In a swift motion, he dragged it across the throat of the demon. Blood poured from the wound. It ran to the ground in crimson rivulets, soaking the bark and staining the grass.

+++++++"With this sacrifice, and payment of blood, I call upon the ancient forces of darkness. Give me your power!" The taller one yelled at the black sky with his arms outstretched.

Omnipresent Poster

The door flew open. A gust of wind blew through, like a storm had came. When in truth, one did not. Just some little windstorm. And behind that windstorm came a figure in purple clothing. White hair fluttered and then rested on his back, hands dipped into his pockets. He had a slight frown on his face. Vintrict's eyes searched quickly, and found the angel in short time.

"Vatali," his voice sounded across the room.

Deathly Codger

"I am a Wind Elemental." He said rather plainly, not thinking much of it, "The same way you are the essence of a fox in a humanoid form, I am the essence of air. My particular group descends from a mountain valley in the northeast regions of Gaia Prime. A secluded valley where the clouds hang so low you can touch them. Legend says we were born when a cloud first touched the earth, which is why we are so pale." She seemed curious about him so he continued, busying himself with cleaning the top of the bar, "Mostly my people stay in the Valley, but every young boy and girl goes on a journey. We call it the Walkabout. You go out and find a purpose and come home once you've found it. You bring back stories from your travels. But I guess I got a little sidetracked somewhere along the way... I never went back. It happens from time to time. By now the people in my village are singing stories of made up adventures for me. We never assume anything bad happens to those who don't return; we just imagine they went on a most grand adventure and decided to keep pursuing it."

He looked over to the winged woman, "Well. We have a foxy lady and a bag of hot air." He grinned, and then when she mentioned her nature he nodded, "And an angel. Ah, yes. I had thought so but I was not sure. And yes I suppose that makes us kin, at least." he smiled, but it was quickly cut off when the door flew open violently.

A man swept into the room, a gust of wind rushing inside. Dzaek tilted his head and the wind folded around the fox and the angel so it did not brush them aside or otherwise disturb them. He stepped around the bar, until he was just slightly standing in front of the angel, between her and this newcomer. He said a name that he assumed was hers. "Miss?" He addressed the angel, but kept his eyes on the newcomer, "Friend of yours?"

Vatali

Vintrict

Miyuki Kitase
Vatali's eyes widened, she nodded. "Yes, we are like kin." She listened in on his people, they where close to the clouds, it was a close as it got to being one with the wind. "I'm very fortunate it seems to be meeting someone near my kind. So far is hasn't been the case." She pressed forward, her wings had finally warmed up enough to move without any hard joints cracking. "You must have many adventures." She said. "What was the most scar---"

And as the conversation was getting exciting, a loud thud was heard. Without even turning around right away, the foot steps looming loudly traveled to her ears and it seemed as though she already knew who it was. She sat frozen in her spot. A nervous look on her face. It looked as though she was caught. Not in a serious notion though more of a clumsy way. While the bartender took a protective stand Vatali soon enough swung around, her large wings only limiting her to shift to the side. A meek smile crept, she tried to avert her glance as the sense of guilt filled her while seeing Vintrict.

"Erm well. Oh my." The angel was quite the trouble. Almost like being caught sneaking out at night. "He is." She answered to the wind elemental. She did not want any violence by any means. She took a step off of the bar stool and laid her hands gently upon the bartenders arm to reassure that there was no threat from the man whom entered.

"I am his caregiver." She explained. Her eyes moved onto the man in purple. She bowed her had and laid her free hand on the back of her head, scratching it nervously. "Hello Mr Vintrict. Im sorry, I must have gotten sidetracked.."

Sidetracked.. for four days.

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict was irritated, that's for sure. He shouldn't be, but at the same time, he was. Call it a responsibility. Or something like that. Maybe even a little attachment.

"I'll let you explain later. Finish what you are doing and then we're leaving."

On a sidenote, he narrowed his eyes at the man who stood near Vatali. Not out of jealously, but something else. The wind elemental sensed it, didn't he. The smell of a bearer of the wind. Vintrict sure didn't miss that detail. Vintrict was only human, but he was similar. The wind effect with the door wasn't natural.

((Going to bed now. My character is just here to make as an exit for Vatali when she's done.))

Deathly Codger

Dzaek watched the other man carefully; when he narrowed his eyes at Dzaek, Dzaek narrowed them right back. But the two decided they weren't a threat to each other, and the peace remained. He turned to the angel, "My apologies. I was just taking precaution." From the immediate way he had placed himself between her and the stranger, it was clear he was no stranger to violence; he had expected a fight. The air in the room calmed once more as he released his elemental grip, and he was once more his perky, cheerful self. He looked between the angel and the fox, "Ladies, it has been my great pleasure to meet both of you. However I believe there are other items that need my attention.. I think it may be time to depart." He disappeared into the back room for a moment before coming back out, carrying a long red bo staff and buckling a few other items, including some throwing knives, on his forearms and chest.

It was time.

"I don't know if I'll return. Leo, I apologize I can't give a proper two weeks notice, but I must go. I know someone, however, that may be able to stop by and work for you in my stead." He put a hastily written letter of resignation on the bartop.

A few polite goodbyes, he ruffled the fox girl's hair, kissed the angel's hand, and strode out the door.

Never to be seen in these lands again.

((Sorry, needed to extricate this character. I'll bring someone different in later.))
[ Short exit. ]

Vatali watched as the bartender took his leave. She pouted for just a short moment however was not too disappointed overall. "Good bye sir." She didn't even get his name. Perhaps once day the wind currents will have them cross paths again. She was very curious of him, however it was mainly because it had something related to her own creation. Turning back to Vintrict, whom was patiently but not willing to wait, she only gave a soft smile. Apologetic looking Vatali came on over. She bowed her head again. She knew he was disappointed in her, in which, made her feel bad but he was not too angry. He was probably feeling a tab bit hurt. "Once again, I'm sorry. I have been very careless." Frowning the angel lifted a hand his arm, she laid it softly. With an angel's touch, it was hard to not feeling the blessing of calmness and serenity. Was she cheating to get her resolve with him? Possibly but she wouldn't do it intentionally.

"I'm ready sir, though.. I wish I had a hot chocolate." Though she already felt bad having Vintrict wait long. And soon enough the two left, back into the blistering cold. Her room key? It remained upon the counter, along with one of her own expensive feathers, those two would remain until she would one day sneak back to explore the tavern further.
-Suddenly the large wooden door of the main entrance of the tavern bursts open. A lean black figure stands in the entrance. A long purple scarf billowing in the cold winter wind. She steps into the tavern, closing the door behind her with a loud thud. A toss of her head flings her bangs out of her emerald eyes as she scans the taverns occupants. A moment later she padded across the hard wood floors making her way to the far end of the bar. Her light form sat on a bar stool, crossing one leg over the other her long purple scarf still reached to the floor beside her. Her long fluffy tail swayed slightly as she sat there. As she waited for her drink she lightly tapped the diamond tipped claws on her gloves against the thick wooden counter. Her ears flicking about atop her head as she listened to the sounds of the tavern.-

Deathly Codger

After the purple-clad female walked in, the door swung and slammed shut behind her. But then, only a few moments later, it was slammed open again - WHAM! - by another patron. The man that entered was a short, stocky individual. He had dark ebony skin, with large rounded shoulders with skin like smoothed, dark grained wood. He had a flatter sort of face, a round nose, and beady little eyes. He had a tangled mess of hair due to a life on the road, and plodded into the room.

And poking out of his mane of hair were two small canine ears. One had a hole in it, the other was neatly clipped, cut off at the tip, which indicated he was at one point 'owned'.

He was wearing a heavy duster jacket so it was hard to tell much else, but he made a beeline for the bar, sat down, and ordered a drink, "Barkeep. Scotch on the rocks."

Miyuki Kitase

Feral Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To say the very least, Miyuki was confused with the quick change in company over the last ten minutes. 

While she had initially been speaking to Dzaek with the winged angel nearby, she was in for quite the shock as the wind elemental in question suddenly placed in his resignation, declared that he might never return, and let the establishment quite possibly forever. Her ears had tilted downward slightly in disappointment; she was so sure she might have found someone to become friends with. While the term 'frinds' did seem rather childish once she thought about it, it was still a warming thought nonetheless. 

The angel was the next to go. She seemingly had been called away by another figure that had entered the building and although she hadn't spoken a word to her, Miyuki was a bit surprised by the exchange. Their business, she mused, but still interesting enough. 

Taking a rather large gulp of her cherry concoction, Miyuki felt the warmth seep deeper into her skin and to her bones, adding a calming effect that soothed the nerves and made her push the recent departures of her speaking companions behind her. She barely noticed the purple dressed female that entered but the resounding WHAM! of the door being opened certainly caught her attention. 

As he came over to the bar, Miyuki took the moment to study him. The first thing she saw were the canine ears that were perched underneath tufts of hair. He seemed a bit worse for wear but it wasn't her place to judge him. 

She took a second to sniff the air and narrowed her eyes at him. He smelled so strongly like dog and, as a fox, maybe it wasn't the best sort of interaction to have at the moment. But she would be the bigger person. She would ignore it for now. She flicked her tail gently as he demanded a drink and she quickly turned to look over her shoulder and pointed that way. 

"So funny story. The barkeep that was just here kind of just quit and walked out the door. No offense but you may be s**t outta luck unless this demon gentleman wants to serve you." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mood: ► Confused  
Wearing: ► Blue tank top, black ruffled skirt, knee length black heel boots  
With: ► The dog  
Thoughts: ► "He reeks of dog..."  
OOC: â–º Kekekekeeee

Deathly Codger

Miyuki Kitase

The man waited, and when the girl spoke his initial reaction was a very low growl, his chest rumbling like a bass subwoofer. It wasn't necessarily directed at her specifically, just his reaction to being disturbed, and it was at such a low frequency one could barely hear it. It was brief though, when she mentioned that there was no bartender it seemed to calm him - she wasn't being a threat or a nuisance, just trying to be helpful. He looked over at her to see who was interrupting him.

Facing him directly, he was in even rougher shape than he looked at first sight. He had a good number of scars all over him. Some of them were scars from significant wounds, but others look like they had scarred only because they hadn't been properly tended or healed. There was one that tugged at the corner of his mouth on the right side, giving him a constant slight smirk. There was another that ran from his left cheek, skipped over his eye and cut him into his hairline a little bit. Seeing that he was going to have to serve himself, he got off the bar stool, taking his overcoat off and setting it on the bar next to his seat. Beneath the jacket, he was wearing a plain black tshirt that clung tightly to his body. He had thin suspenders and rugged carhartt pants, with extra material in the knees and along the sides where it would normally wear out. From the shape and size of his muscles, he looked like he hauled train cars for a living. His broad shoulders sloped down to a somewhat narrow waist. He didn't have any weapons on his person, but as he set the jacket down it made a soft thud, indicating a possible weapon tucked into an inside pocket of the clothing.

Taking off the jacket had also revealed a collar around his neck; it was thick leather, held together with a rivet, and an old, dusty tag. He scratched absently beneath the collar and walked around the bar. He found a glass, found a bottle of scotch, and took both back with him to his seat. There he sat and filled the glass, taking a sizable drink after.

The alcohol seemed to, well, not cheer him up but at least sate his immediate needs. He shot the girl a sort of lopsided look and mumbled a thanks in her direction. For a while he just stared ahead of him, but then he sniffed.

*sniff*

He looked over at the girl, his eyes flicking up to her head, then down, then back up. "Yer a fox..."

Feral Kitten

7,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

"And you're a dog. You gonna start barking at me to get off your yard or are we gonna be civil here?" 

Well so much for being friendly. She had wanted to be nice; she really had. She was even willing to put the fact that he smelled so damn... doggy. A frustrated 'hmph' escaped her as she brushed the hair out of her face, pinning him with a glare that would cause most young children to cry for their mothers. She had used it quite often with her own brood; it was super effective. 

Realizing that she was about to get into a territory match with the mutt in front of her, she heaved a sigh and waved her hand in the air. "Let's try that again. Hi, my name is Miyuki. I am a fox. You are a dog. Let's try not to bite each other." 

Okay, perhaps that wasn't the best way to go about this but she was already prepped for a fight. Almost every single dog demon or hybrid she had ever come across had always immediately howled at her and gone for the kill. Or the very few that had thought the fox would be easy 'prey' if you catch my meaning. 

You know. In bed. You got that, right? Jerks. 

The memory of her kicking one of those dogs in the face brought a smirk to her face and seemed to placate her anger. She glanced down at her glass and realized with a pout that it was now empty. It took her a moment to realize that her newest companion had a bottle of scotch in front of him. Without asking, she grabbed the bottle from his grasp and poured herself a hefty amount. She slid the bottle back moments later, raising a sleek eyebrow in his direction as if daring him to say something about it. 

The fox was in a feisty mood. Who woulda thunk, eh? 

Mood: ► Pissy  
Wearing: ► Blue tank top, black ruffled skirt, knee length black heeled boots  
With: ► The dog  
Thoughts: ► "Just say one more thing, just one more... I'll kick your a**."  
OOC: â–º -giggling profusely-

Deathly Codger

Miyuki Kitase

The Hound watcher her as she snapped, then calmed and reintroduced herself, trying to smooth any ruffled feathers. He didn't raise his hackles, didn't bark or howl, didn't bite or claw. He simply stared her down with his dark eyes, occasionally scratching at the itchy, rough collar.

Most dogs would have gone for the throat immediately; everyone know about the relationship between the Fox and the Hound - the fox ran, hid and fled for cover while the pack of Hounds tracked it down, leading their huntsmen masters to the kill.

But he wasn't a tracker. He could track, certainly, but it wasn't what he was bred for or what he was trained for. He wasn't whipped and beaten so that he could sniff out a fur pelt for sale at the market. He was trained to kill other dogs. So the Fox didn't hold the same bloodthirsty temptation for him.

He was about to tell her off, when she reached over and grabbed his bottle, pouring herself a drink. The move was so brazen it caught him off guard; he said nothing at first, just stared dumbfounded. Even if he wasn't trained to kill Foxes, how could she know that? She had just grabbed his bottle.

"Heh."

The sound was odd, rusty, unused as his voice rattled like gravel in his throat. Then he chuckled and laughed louder.

Heh heh heh.. Ha ha ha..

He reached over with one thick hand, but instead of taking the bottle or striking her, he slapped her on the back. Though he meant it jovially, his hand was heavy and dense and it felt like getting thumped by a tree branch. "Ya got moxie, I'll give ye that." He swiped the bottle back, taking a swing from the bottle directly.

When her glass was empty he'd pour her another one, filling his own as well, "Wha' brings-a li'l kitten to a place like this? Ain't no proper place fer a fox tah be."

Mythical Gaian

9,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
"The utter lack of chaos, and violence across the realms is bad for business~"

Muttering to himself with evident annoyance the tavern owner, and inter-dimensional mercenary bides his time shifting through the paper work in his small office. Reluctant to accept many of the jobs offered, ranging from lost pets, slaying minor feral creatures, and even one detailed in a small child's print explaining how she'd pay to teach the bullies at her school a lesson and had gotten his address from some Gaia website he'd never heard of. Attempting organization however he couldn't bring himself to discard the letters, instead heaping them together in a pile to be stashed in one of his desks drawers.

"I'm starting to realize why most my past lives were villains..."

Relinquishing a heavy sigh of defeat Leo decided to venture out of his reclusive office, making a bee line through the main tavern room towards the front door. The abrupt sensation of fresh air revitalizing a portion of his mental fatigue, leisurely striding his muscular from towards the edge of the wooden porch to observe the empty wind touched yard spanning out before him. After a few moments he'd absently rummage through his pocket for a single hand rolled narcotic blunt, placing it between his lips in fashion to be ignited with a flame manifested dancing over his right index finger. Waving the flame out after a long pull savoring the relaxing poison the attractive devil exhaled with a satisfied sigh dispelling a portion of his current troubles along with it.

Lunatic

The figure stretched and yawned as it meandered though the forest. This place had always been a pain in the a** to get to on purpose one a person realized what it was. Stupid multi-demsional plane of existence. Kicking one of the trees that it past, the figure grumbled to itself. Then it found the tear that it had used so many times before to squeeze itself though and pop out of the woods and into to MoI. The defense system was flawless this was a rift that helped the figure make through the forest quicker. Stumbling through the small rift and into the clearing the figure looked at the establishment and smiled. It had been a long time since they were last here. It was good to be back.

Slowly making the walk up to the the actual establishment along the dirt path V smiled and tried to remember why he had excused himself last time. He didn't remember. Dressed casually in slippers, jeans, a t-shirt and jacket, he let himself take just over an hour to reach the steps of MoI. The man stopped there and looked at the owner of the establishment for a bit before giving him a wiry smile and climbing the steps and placing his back to a pillar some what close to the man. V pulled out a pipe and loosely stuffed it before lighting it. For awhile the man didn't say anything jus enjoyed the company here and the silence. If the owner didn't say anything for a while V would lead with.
"Yo~. It's been awhile."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces