Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Whatever you feel comfortable in is fine with me Kitty."

Nic's voice became quiet, and he didn't let his next comment read a very audible level.

"
Its likely going to come off later tonight anyways."

Nic just grinned after muttering under his breath. He scratched his chin for a moment, realizing that he really needed to shave the beard that was coming in again.

"
Mmm, roasted shrimp next to a bonfire at night sounds nice."

Nic smiled at Kitty before he looked around a bit. Nic just watched Aña get the shrimp ready before accepting the skewers, there were three or four of them, before getting up, skewers in hand.

"
Shall we?"
"Oh big boy...so strong" She hick-up'd. Oh dear, she was getting a little too drunk for her own good.
Anything to do with death didn't seem to impress her, violence was not her thing. Mind games on the other hand were.
"Perfect does not exist Duc, and if it does perfect is boring" She grinned
"Perfection is boring. That's why I try to kill it. That is why I'm here and not up there."

With that he gestured vaguely to the heaven's above. Over all he was very happy Cyn hadn't chimed in yet in the conversation; but then she was probably annoyed with his ranting by now. Though Duc secretly thought that she agreed with him, why else would the Mind belong to Special Circumstances if they didn't think the Culture boring.

Never did the idea that protecting one's people was important enter into his mind. All in all Duc was rather defective in the mindset of his average citizen.

Eloquent Gawker

She nodded her head with a big smile and bowed her head slightly for him to lead the way. She was really excited for this evening. "This is gonna be fun! I haven't even really gone to the beach yet except for when I went bird hunting. Do you enjoy the beach Master Nic?"
She looked at him and raised her eyebrow "So what you're saying here is that you try and kill yourself?" Confused she shook her head trying to understand what he was saying.

She picked herself up, letting the alcohol flow through her body. Bad idea...She sat right back down took a few minutes and tried again slowly moving herself right next to Duc, weither he liked it or not she wasn't moving anytime soon again.
"If you like to think of it like that, then yes."

Even if the claim could be made that he was suicidal was true it didn't hold any barrings on Duc as he had a countless number of bodies to replace his current.

She had kept on drinking, while he had stopped some time ago. Utilising instead one of the many hormonal drugs his body could produce due to the technology of the Culture to alter his perception of the world.
"Of course. You know those crews that have been around? They're working on building a house about a mile or two from here. A beach house. Out on the shore, of course. Not near the bar. But close enough that I'll be able to walk down here."

Nic grinned a bit and lead the way over to the bonfire. He'd pull up a pair of the chairs, one for Kitty and one for himself, and set them a good distance away from the fire.

"
Here."

He'd hold out a pair of the skewers to Kitty.

"
Your shrimp."

He'd smile, and turn to look at the fire. He could probably do some fancy stuff and show off, but he didn't feel like it. He just held the pair of skewers he had in his other hand out, to cook the shrimp.

"
How about you?"
The alcohol of course was talking now, they both knew it, but this didn't bother her. Like she had thought earlier he didn't seem to take any intrest in her, the fact she had moved over to him didn't bother him though it didn't seem to please him in any way either. "Suite yourself Duc, death is not the only thing in this world to distroy perfection" she sighed "I think I need some water"
"I lived in a society that was to most a Utopia. There was no concept of want, not even a concept of ownership. My self destructive ways aren't the only ways in which I protest my former circumstances."

While she got drunker, Duc kept at a steady point and was ready to flush his system at a moments notice should it be required for him to act.

"Besides, I only take to the extreme which most people do. How have you lived your life?"

Eloquent Gawker

She held the skewers above the fire and after watching them for a few seconds she turned back to him. "A beach house? Wow that sounds like a dream. I'm so envious of you. I do like the beach because I love fish, well any seafood. Though I really hate getting wet, with cold water at least. I'm a little afraid of the ocean I'll admit. I enjoy a warm bath just as much as the next girl but I'll stay out of the ocean. Your idea sounds perfect though. A beach house that's just the right distance from everything. Maybe someday I'll make my home something similar. Of course that'd be more of a fantasy than a real goal. I'd have to win the lottery or marry a prince or something for that to happen." She giggled to herself, she always found herself in little fairytale fantasies. Princesses and love stories is what she dreamed about....on days she didn't feel like being an evil overlord Queen...that depended on her mood.
She thought about what he had asked her, her life had been simple, very high class up until she decided she wanted nothing more of the riches and upper class treatment her so called family had given her. "It depends on what part of my life you are reffering to. It is much different now than what it was before I can assure you that"
"We have time to whittle away, and I'm sure we can use a story."

That was all the prompting he was going to give her, he had revealed more then enough about himself. Even if the information was obscured, disjointed and most likely not on the whole reliable.
She half smiled "Well if you'd be such a gentleman and get me a glass of water I think I can entertain you with such a story" Antia's head hurt, she was either sobering up and entering that " I got drunk and stayed awake long enough to get a hang over" state or she was just really really drunk
"Oh, but suffering results of ones actions is part of the fun. Even if it makes you feel miserable."

Regardless of his words Duc did get her a glass of water, he didn't rise for it, he didn't call for it. No, instead in some odd way he had a glass set before her and and water poured. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been so lazy to use an Effector Field in such a way.
[The consequences of rolling five joints is, unsurprisingly, smoking five joints; I'm off to - well, I don't know, but I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly.

Just assume the girls would be serving you, drinking, and such. I'll be on sometime later tonight, if I remember.]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff