Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rules #9 and #10 have been changed. Please review them for your protection.

Yes ma'am! 0.60869565217391 60.9% [ 14 ]
Pollwhore 0.39130434782609 39.1% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 57 58 59 > >>

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"...I would say protest music, but that's almost too generic," Demyx said with a faint smile, setting the guitar aside for a second in order to eat. "I'm perfectly capable of playing just about anything, and lacking anything better to do with my life, I've taken up semi-permanent residence in a country led by a totalitarian regime that heavily censors all arts, including music, with the specific intention of giving them as much grief as possible." He blinked, and realized that most of the sandwich had somehow disappeared in between words. "Side effects include having to run for your life ahead of the secret police every so often, with more warning some times than others."

Friendly Dabbler

☪☪☪☪☪☪Nemesisilla UniversalUser Image
══════════════════════════════════════════
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪The Goddess of Death
No matter how many stones you put inside
She always keeps on floating in your mind
With every turn of your head you see her face again
Until the end, over and over again

Why, you just won't leave my mind
Was this the only way
I couldn't let you stay

She folded her arms across her knee and nodded. "Terrible thing, I can never keep the dimensions straight in my head..." She murmured then shook her head. It would certainly make her job a lot easier if there weren't multiple dimensions. Luckily for her, she had lackies to do most of the hard work. She reached out and picked her glass back up, then leaned back against the back of the chair. "So I suppose where you're from, it sounds like there's no real genre classifications left."

The sins of your life are now catching up with you.
You can't stay ahead, there's nothing you can do

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Oh, Gods forbid I grew up in a world that rigid," Demyx said with a faint shudder. "I chose to move there because...well, because the entire place is essentially a problem that needs fixing. In that world - or at least, in that part of that world - the only genres of music are...well, official state-sanctioned music, and everything else. Even folk songs that people's grandmothers sang to them in their cradles are either officially state-sanctioned or outlawed now. But while the state may make laws concerning what music people can and can't sing, play, or teach...they can't actually regulate what music they know, even if they've been illegally taught."

Friendly Dabbler

Was this the only way
I couldn't let you stay

She laughed. She didn't mean to. It was more at herself than at him. She brought her hand up to cover her mouth and shook her head. "I'm sorry, it's not you, it's me... I was onto you there for a second, then I lost you at the end and now I'm confused. Ignore me." She moved her hand from her mouth and got another sip of her drink. "But that... what I caught onto... and it's probably easier to grasp than I'm thinking, my sister just rubs off on me sometimes... That's still terrible... My question is, you said that you moved there because it's a problem that needs fixing. How do you intend to fix it?"

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Through the subtle art of nonviolent protest that I'm making up as I go along, more or less," Demyx said, staring up at the ceiling while he contemplated exactly what his grand plan was. "The newest generation of young adults there have grown up in the current establishment, and don't remember what life used to be like and don't know what life is like elsewhere. My mission is...primarily one of education. Not to inspire violence, not to make huge waves - more to start small ripples that will build into something big. After all, twenty years down the road, today's young adults will be tomorrow's political leaders...and if, right now, someone plants the idea that the way things are done right now might not be the best way and that the government might not always be right...well, really, one man against a generation of indoctrination had better not set his sights too high. I wish I could teach them about rock and roll, but that would be more shocking than they could stand, and that is a sad thing, frankly."

Friendly Dabbler

Was this the only way
I couldn't let you stay

Neme just smiled. That was exactly the sort of thing she was looking to hear. He didn't want to be a god; theoretically of course, if he had as much crap filing through his brain right now as she did hers, his would like start leaking out of his ear; he didn't want to be a martyr or a hero. He wanted to be that grain of sand. "That is a sad thing." She said with a point of one of the fingers holding her glass. "To not know rock and roll is to not know how to live... I wish you all the luck in the world with being that one grain of sand... I'm Neme, by the way, you are?" She reached her free hand out to him as she told him her name.

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
"Demyx," he answered, quirking a faint smile as he took her hand and shook it. "Seems safe enough to use my real name here. And I agree completely about rock, but...maybe by the time this generation takes power. Then they'll at least have some exposure to rock in their lifetimes." He shifted a little in his chair, picking his guitar back up but not playing yet. "So how about you? Do you have an interesting story?"

Divine Shapeshifter

27,325 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Sera Universal
Goddess of Life

═══════════════════════
Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination;
never limit others because of your own limited imagination.

Sera came walking down from the upstairs, humming a little tune more to herself then anyone else who happened to be hearing...just a little sing song tune she used to use when telling on her sister's bad happenings to their father. She made her way over to the bar and poured herself a nice big Jack and Coke...a little more Jack then intended but it would work. She just gave her sister a big nice friendly warm smile, Keep calling them lackeys sister dear and see how much they kick your a**., filling Neme's head with that little speech before she headed to the stairs again heading back up to her room with her drink in hand still humming lightly.

Friendly Dabbler

Was this the only way
I couldn't let you stay

"It's a pleasure, Demyx." She said as he withdrew his hand, and she hers. "My story? My story's... pretty mundane, actually." Liar, hider. It wasn't like she wanted to go around bragging about being the goddess of death. "Was born, grew up, got picked on by my brothers a lot... Yeah, pretty mundane." She said with a nod then brought her glass up to her lips, but muttered, "My brother's in prison for murdering an angel, but what can you do?" She said it very lowly, and very quickly before quickly taking a drink. "Normal, mundane things."

"Shut it you, I'm having a conversation."

Kincade the Abomination

The biggest decision he seemed to be facing at the moment was how to interact with the people that were going to be on the other side of the door he was currently standing in front of. He always had this dilemma. Mostly because screwing with people was one of the funnest things he did. In his opinion any way. Shifting his head, first left then right to crack the vertebra contained within them, Kincade couldn't help but think of the different colors he could use. White. Definitely white. He told himself as he though about it and shifted the color of his hair and irises. The hair that hung off his scalp and dangled above his shoulders spiraled slightly in small curls. "Here we go..." He told himself with a smirk before pushing the door open and marching in.

"I need a bloody drink!" He growled as his eyes immediately locked on the bar and felt incredibly disappointed that no one was back there. To his luck however there were two people that were at a table not far away. Feeling in a rather particular mood he pointed to the woman and began to speak. "Hey toots, mind getting me something to drink?" He asked as his hand turned over and his thumb motioned towards the bar.

New places were always so much fun. It was a challenge to see who could put up with him and actually do more than just kick him out. Being kicked out really just meant that people couldn't handle a bit of constant hostility. It was better that he was removed from those places. Those people didn't deserve his time anyway.

Divine Shapeshifter

27,325 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Sera Universal
Goddess of Life

═══════════════════════

About half way back up stairs, Sera turned in shook of hearing someone actually calling her sister...toots...the turn was so fast Sera almost dropped her drink. What a wonderful excuse to make another one! Sera skipped down the stairs and seemed to vanish and reappear in her seat at the bar from the night before, still all smiles in the direction of the new patron.
"Why hello there tall, dark and hostile...you got a name?"

Dangerous Geek

16,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Unfortunately, Demyx had caught that bit about Neme's brother murdering an angel, but he took it pretty much in stride. "Right, completely run-of-the-mill mundane," he said, just barely keeping his face level as he glanced over at the bar and the newcomer - why would the guy start ordering around a woman who was sitting in a chair by the fireplace with a drink of her own, especially since he most likely didn't know her? It was like coming into a restaurant and expecting another guest to serve you (though Neme had gotten him a sandwich earlier, she'd asked him if he needed anything; he hadn't tried bossing her around on his own).

Friendly Dabbler

Was this the only way
I couldn't let you stay

Appalled was an understatement for the look on Neme's face. She set her drink down. "If you'll excuse me for just a moment, Demyx, I've got a pair of balls to go kick in." She said, then got to her feet and smoothed out the pencil skirt of her dress before calmly walking over to the one who'd just called her "toots." Then, like she said, she gave him a good, swift kick with her stiletto heel before smoothing her skirt out again. "I am neither 'toots', nor do I work here. However, if you change your tone and treat me with the respect that it would be... very, very wise that you show me," She started to let her aura out, letting the cold fold out around the room as her amber eyes went more red than brown, "and say a word like please, I may be willing to accommodate you seeing as the owner is absent from her post." Her hands moved to her hips. Just for now, it was obvious that a kick to the boys was the least of his worries. "Now... Would you care to rephrase that request?"

Divine Shapeshifter

27,325 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Sera Universal
Goddess of Life

═══════════════════════

Sera covered her mouth taking in a shocked breath at the very scene unfolding before her...again being twins didn't mean being the same, for one Sera would have taken toots as a compliment and for two she wouldn't have had the balls to stand up for herself. Sera vanished and reappeared next to Demyx suddenly, giving him a soft smile and extending a hand to him.
"Hello there, I am Sera it's a pleasure to meet you?...Forgive Neme...she'll be just another moment."
Sera just looked back to the scene at the bar trying to keep her smile up.
Kincade the Abomination

Having to quickly side step, and still take a bit of the front of her kick he couldn't help himself but to smile. If he was in pain he showed no outer sign of it. Instead he merely smirked at her the cold an inviting a tingle to creep up his spine and shake in satisfaction that he had received a reaction. Grinning his eyes passed between the woman in front of him and the one in the seat beside the bar. This place was going to be fun.

Now he addressed the woman with the 'respect issues'. "Firstly, your a woman. So respect is to be earned from me not given out freely. Second swinging between the legs is a bad way to demand respect, didn't your mommy raise you better? And finally," As he listed off his opinions he just smiled and let his eyes begin to shift color traveling the broad spectrum of the rainbow before coming to rest on a flat black, his hair managing to almost match the hue and he spoke in full confidence, "I wouldn't care to rephrase that. Now, get behind the bar and make my drink. Please." He demanded adding that last word more in spite than anything else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff