Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

ʻʻsome sɑy the world will end in fire,
    some sɑy in ice.
    from whɑt Ive tɑsted of desire
    i hold with those who fɑvor fire.
    but if it hɑd to perish twice,
    i think I know enough of hɑte
    to sɑy thɑt for destruction ice
    is ɑlso greɑt
    ɑnd would suffice.ʼʼ

User Image

xx.apparel
xx.thoughts: "maybe hopefully possibly!"
xx.with: onyx
xx.location: captain's quarters

As Onyx spoke of her mother, describing Lesi perfectly, each word had Dakota's grin growing wider and wider. "Yeah~ She always did love telling me stories of when you guys would go traveling around on this ship and stuff. It all sounds like an absolute blast!" And in fact, that was one of the other reasons she was here. Kota wasn't quite as restless as her mom tended to be, but she did love to travel... So when Onyx asked her why she'd decided to come looking for the ship, once the captain had taken a moment to finish her meal, Dakota already knew her answer- she'd known it for awhile and responded without missing a beat.

"I'm sorta hoping I can have the same sorta adventures, maybe? Everything she told me was so fascinating, and not only did it make for great stories but it made me wanna live on a pirate ship, too. And here she was! Kota had always hoped that Lesi would bring her around as a child, but her mom was determined to try and settle in one place- even if she broke down and dragged them to another city once or twice. (Or six times. Dakota had kept count.) So while this potential adventure was a bit overdue, now that she was seventeen, she'd at least gotten what she wanted! "Not that I'm like expecting you to up and take your ship somewhere now or anything, just 'cause I'm here. I mean it'd be cool... Really cool... But it's your ship so it's your decision!" She grinned cheekily. Dakota wondered if Onyx DID have anything planned but held back from asking, not wanting to sound pushy.

User Image xxxxx User Image xxxxx User Image

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

Wearing:Exploring Town

Rini giggled at this strange word Heiden had used. Hangry, it sounded like a blend of being angry and something else. She thought on it for a moment, then another. Then she grins lightly , looking at the pastries. Oh what to pick? So many things to pick? She looked at the menu and asked for the sample product pack. It would give them a bit of everything, she ordered two sets of them. Then she smiled at Heiden. Her eyes widdened at Heidens other words, and she was shocked.

"You better not eat everything tonight....I Do not want you tossing sweets all night"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
bohemian shutterbug

User Image
                    User Image

Hearing Dakota speak the way she was made Onyx smile lightly. You could tell that she was trying not to be tickled pink by it all. The idea that anyone would consider the memory of this place worthy of a tale, told to your future offspring, was probably the best and most honorable compliment she had ever been paid. Onyx recalled having a lot of fun with Lesi because she was a lot of fun. St. Lucia and India being of the top memories for her. The boat ride to these locations was a straight party the entire time, there and back. The ship was stocked prior to departure and while the preparations had been a lot of stress, they were a good stress. It had been exciting.

These stories made a young child wish and want to be here on her ship. Made her imagination run wild, want to experience and travel. Earth was a beautiful planet and having been around for 200 years had given her a lot of time to see a lot of space. But not everything. Some area's she had seen so many times she had grown sick of it. Dakota wanted to travel. Being away from this place and living for a short time in the supernatural realm had made her home sick. More than anything she wanted to set sail and remind herself of all she had been in love with. Onyx was forever married to the sea's and the ocean's. Her timing was strange.

"It would seem that the universe has strange ways of answering one's desires. I do wish to sail again, I was thinking Fiji but not yet. This place that we have come to, Port Thume is new to me. There are some things that need to be put in order before i'd set sail. But I do not deny the notion of sailing again." she smiled to Dakota.
                    "You'd have proper notice and time to collect yourself before departure so when the time comes, I will let you know. Until that time, I suggest you do what the rest of us will be doing. Familiarize yourself with your current surroundings for this is our new home." Onyx nodded her head to her.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Location: Port Thume - Main (Clock Tower Center) ~ Threads: Casual

Heiden had made his selection of chocolates, perfectly separated into tiers in separate boxes of four. Yes, four. He blew a pretty penny on sweets. He blamed his mother. Glancing at the time he nearly died. It was only 9:30 am! It made him look around the shop once more. Damn that was early to be eating sweets! People here sure liked their sugar he guessed. He shrugged. He liked their attitude! Heiden pointed to a very colorful looking dessert that caught his eye. His own eye's seemed to grow wide and shimmery.

"What is THAT!?" he said calling the attention of the server behind the counter.
Looking to where Heiden was pointing he smiled seeing the item. "That is our White chocolate almond mousse CAKE surrounded by pistachio roulade and finished with raspberry glaze."
"I want it."
"To go?"
"Oh no...no no. It's for here." he couldn't keep that excited smile off of his face.

The sales guy couldn't help but crack a huge smile. He could tell that for this young man, this shop, this experience, was something nostalgic for him. For the server it made him happy because it was that love that had caused them to open up shop in the first place. For those that worked there, sweets that their mothers had either made or took them out for, had produced a profound happiness. It was their belief that all people should feel that happiness.

The server put it on a plate and handed it to him. Heiden turned to Rini hearing her speak.
"Okay mooom" he gave her a smartass grin. "Well I have got mine. What are you getting?"

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

Rini watched as Heiden had selected the chocolates. There was a lot of boxes, she counted them. Four? Well then, she really hoped he planned on sharing those. She looked, between the two of them, they now had six boxes of sweets. They had breakfast, they had bags from the bookstore, and do not forget the clothing store bags. She shook her head slightly, good thing they were going to have something small here. Maybe they should invest in a moving basket, or something. When Heiden shouted what is that, the female jumped then chuckled lightly. She watched as the server told him, what the item was. Then watching the face of joy her man had. With his cake safelt in his hands, and her asked what she wanted. Rini had not noted that she had been staring the sweet down.

"That does look good, and it is very beautiful..uhm, I will have some as well, please"

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

ʻʻsome sɑy the world will end in fire,
    some sɑy in ice.
    from whɑt Ive tɑsted of desire
    i hold with those who fɑvor fire.
    but if it hɑd to perish twice,
    i think I know enough of hɑte
    to sɑy thɑt for destruction ice
    is ɑlso greɑt
    ɑnd would suffice.ʼʼ

User Image

xx.apparel
xx.thoughts: "human or nah?"
xx.with: onyx
xx.location: captain's quarters

Fiji! That sounded like it would be fun... A nice tropical spot~ Yes, Kota enjoyed the frigid Yukon climate, especially since she was hot all the time like her mother was, but if there was water around... She'd be fine! Even if they would have to wait until Onyx had gotten all of her affairs in order, first, it was something to look forward to in the future.

"I totally understand that! And yeah, I don't mind waiting so I will absolutely get used to the ship and get to know everyone else~" She would definitely be sticking around for awhile... For one amazing trip, at the very least, but hopefully more.

Dakota's smile didn't once fade while she stood there talking, hands clasped behind her back while she rocked back and forth on her heels. But after a moment her face grew a little more somber, the rocking coming to a slow stop. "I do kinda have a question though, if it's not like rude or anything... Sorry in advance if it comes off like that. But my mom always described you as being not quite human... Said that she thought you were but that you were immortal now or something. But I can usually tell, and maybe it's me but you just seem like a regular human to me...?" Kota let her hands fall down to her sides then, looking almost wary to ask. But Lesi had always said that Onyx had light golden eyes... And the woman standing in front of her now had brown ones.

"Like I said, sorry if that's a rude question but I just always wonder what she stretched the truth on and what was really real."

User Image xxxxx User Image xxxxx User Image

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

The server plated Rini up a mousse cake as well and handed it to her over the counter. The two would find themselves a seat and tuck away their things in a fashion as to not have them in the way. Heiden smiled to Rini before turning his attention to his dessert. Unraveling himself a fork he used the edge to slice down and into the soft mousse cake, cutting himself a piece. He then slid the piece into his mouth. Explosion! All at once a symphony of flavor struck up his taste buds. Almonds and pistachio's in whipped texture, nutty but sweet as the white chocolate also began to meld it all together. The raspberry topping giving it a final punch.

'Wow...this is just...damn good!' he wanted to hoover it but at the same time he wanted to savor every mouthful. Ahhh today was a good day.

"what do you think?" he then asked watching her.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
bohemian shutterbug

User Image
                    User Image

Onyx breathed in deep and exhaled in a sigh. She shook her head slowly to dakota.
                    "No, no. It's not rude at all. The stories are true it's just..."

Onyx looked out her window. From there she could see what appeared to be a blade stuck within a mast. She turned her honey brown eye's back to her guest.

"We have come upon this place by accident. The home your mother knew was Lockeport. We were as I said in the supernatural realm in a place known as Samara, an event revolving an artifact that was some sort of ... portkey not only brought us here but also made myself and one other human again. I do not know for how long this is going to last. It is ... very strange for me right now. I forgot how hard and how inconvenient being human was. No one knows me...as a human, my real name, all that I am." her eye's were to her own hands now that sat upon her desk.

"Slowly I am recalling bits and pieces of my past, things that I had long forgotten. Being over two hundred years old as an immortal will do that to you. On the plus side...I got drunk for like...the first time since I was sixteen! If throwing up and feeling that horrible is what can happen when you drink, why the hell do people do it!? It wasn't fun at all! It hurt. It feels so bad!" she said as she started to laugh.

'ahhmm ... anyways, needless to say even as a regular human I think I forgot just how important that whole thing was suppose to be. This...this is a good thing...Maybe it'll make me a better human. Maybe if I can remember the way it was, I can see now with the knowledge that I have how it was meant to be. Maybe I can set everything right. Redeem myself! Grandpa...I still hate you for not telling me before hand! in the long run I mean. It is always good to remember where it was you came from and who you really are." she nodded her head to her. Was that guilt Dakota was seeing and feeling from Oni?

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

Rini followed Heiden to a seat, placed her cake down. She helped with storing their items from shopping. Her eyes cut to Heiden, as he cut into his piece of cake. Watching his face as he took the bite. She chuckled lightly, then sliced her a piece of her own slice. She shovels into her mouth.

"Mnn! This is amazing!"

She took another bite, and then smiled.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

As the two sat there eating their dessert Heiden contemplated what they ought to do next. The key he had just acquired popped into his memory. That's right! He could now figure out where that door led to, the one that was in his room within the mirror. There had been a door behind his dresser that was clearly cloaked in the wall. He was suddenly eager to want to get back to the ship. He recalled his mothers words and found himself eating faster.

"So...you think your ready to return to the ship? I know it's not even noon yet but we do have quite a lot of bags..." he said trying to instigate Rini.

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

Rini would eat abit more slower the Heiden. She was savoring the cake, and finshed hers a few bites after he finished. A smile in his direction, but then he was ready to maybe head back to the ship. Well, they did have a lot of bags, didn't they. She thought about it, but there was something she wanted to see.

"Well...Can we maybe stop by that petstore near the ship first?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
(( Sorry we're on day four now so I am just going to continue on ))

User Image
                    User Image

Onyx reached for some fruit and opened the fruit dip. Dipping a strawberry she had been about to eat it when she paused. Honey brown hues just stared at it a moment. A very distinct memory came to thought. Onyx just lowered the fruit and turned her head to look out the window. She sighed and then looked back at the piece before popping it into her mouth. Getting to her feet Onyx excused herself, there were things she needed to do.

Exiting her room Oni move to the sword that was stuck in the wood grains of her mast. She tried to tug on it. It was jammed something good. Her eye's followed the mast up towards the crows nest. There, sitting up top was Metal. She looked away and towards the town a long moment. Softly she closed her eye's and sighed.

"I'm sorry Metal. I am sorry I hit you like that." she didn't go on with any 'ya buts' or 'You know you deserved it' speeches.

It was a gift and it was the disrespect that she had been shown that had set her off. Especially when she offered to share it with him. But it was just a cupcake. There were other ways she could have handled that. It had got her thinking. If she was her usual self, she would have handled it much differently. And she knew it.

"Anyways...today is suppose to be a nice day...seeing you practice reminds me that I ought to really get back to it myself. First I am heading into town so...try not to ... destroy too much with your anger. Okay?" Her eye's took in the gorgeous image of their surrounding waters before making way towards the boardwalk of her ship.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Location: Port Thume - Main (Perdy's pet shop near the pier) ~ Threads: Casual

Heiden pursed his lips and thought about it. A pet shop? He wasn't expecting that. He shrugged his shoulders. Why not?

"Okay, pet shop and then home. Come let's get on with it then!" he said getting to his feet and gathered up his things.

Together the two would exit the shop and make course due South. Soon enough the two would see the top of the masts of the Asper in the near distance. The pier was getting ever closer. Before the two would return home however they would stop in at Perdy's pet shop. On the inside it was as any pet shop you would imagine it to be. The selection of pets was slightly different as they had more of a reptilian quality. There were very little cats and dogs, even less rodents as no one here wanted a rat or anything that remotely resembled them. The only thing in abundance was birds and fish. Those things were perfectly fine by Heiden! As a son of a Pirate he loved fish and birds for that matter. Reptiles were very cool but he never got the chance to really be around any. Curiously, Heiden walked around the shop looking at everything.

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

She smiled seeing the ship towards the pier and harbor. She had devided the bags so that she and Heiden could look around the pet shop as they pleased. Rini was a little upset that they did not have more cute and fluffy animals. Luckily she liked some breeds of lizards, and snakes alike. Then there was a huge betta fish display, she nearly dropped her bag. Then the corn snakes. Her eyes began to twinkle, clearly they had found the right place to take her. She walked away from Heiden slowly, as her eyes set upon something. An employee would come up to her.

"May I help you Miss?"

"Yes, I would like to see that puppy please"

"Sure thing Ma'am"

Rini would soon have squeels of delight echoing into Heiden's ears. If he turned he would see Rini holding a reddish brown puppy. It looked like a wolf almost, it was mixed. Not that Rini would know. All the female saw was something cute, to love on. Honestly, the girl would adopt all animals if she could. That could be a little messy, she gave the pup some love. Yet, a puppy did not belong on the ship, did it?

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Location: Port Thume - Main (Perdy's pet shop near the pier) ~ Threads: Casual

Hearing squeals and coo's Heiden looked for Rini to only find her cuddling up a puppy. He folded his arms and leaned against a beam. His right brow perked and once Rini caught his eye, he shook his head and with promptness spoke a resounding. "NO".
Not only did he not think that his mother would allow a dog upon the ship but he didn't want one at the penthouse in Ireland either.

"Cute but no. Too rambunctious. I know I don't have time or patience for it. If your with me, I am not too sure how much time you will have either. Can't you...cuddle up with a fish or something?" bless her animal loving heart. It wasn't that he didn't love animals. He did but he wanted to make sure he could care for them. They were like kids.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff