Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TraumatikDesires

-The Golden Flower-

User Image
                    User Image

Clearing her throat while wiping her face dry with a napkin she nodded her head in agreement to the both of them. They both were right about everything. Oni shouldn't blame herself and Ailsa shouldn't short change herself. When Kodan brought up the idea of the beach and about how if they didn't go they were going to eat the entire bakery she looked down at the wrappers of her cupcakes. She burst out laughing, a fit of snickers. She was trying to not laugh as she gave a final sniffle.

"You are right. Let us drop off our things to the ship and hit that beach! I think we could most definitely use it." she said.

When everyone was finished with their food the three of them would get up and leave. Happy once again (poor ******** rollercoaster oni) linked her arms into both Kodan's and Ailsa's arms. She giggled. This version of Oni seemed very...carefree. More emotional yes but a freebird. Happy and just wanted to have fun. This wasn't exactly the Onyx everyone knew. The silent, lone wolf that was mysterious, rough and tough, punch first ask questions later, unapologetic Onyx. Right now she felt like a big kid. Wanted to be a big kid in the way that kids are wild and free. Her life as a human after all had only lasted about 25years give or take.

On their way Onyx had seen a store called "Shell Cove" to which she halted the group and yanked them into. It was perfect because shell cove sold everything beach related. Furniture to clothes to accessories, surf wear, toys, anything and everything one would need. Port Thume was after all surrounded by beach as they were a very large island.

"Ailsa! Your going to need a bathing suit!!! Me too for that matter...I should buy some summer clothing and hm...I am not too sure if we have any chairs or umbrella's for the beach either" she said tapping her chin as she walked around looking at the various things. The two clerks that worked there were young and lively, one male and one female that looked as though they lived and breathed summer time fun. Maybe they were from Cali.

Onyx went off for a moment to go and speak to one of them as she needed to place a few orders for immediate delivery. The other two would be left to look around and try some things on even when Oni was finished making her order. She too wanted to try some things on as well.

Gracious Flatterer

3,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
onyx2047

-The Golden Flower-

The best things in life will always come unexpectedly.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But what is a Human to do with 20 years of mortality in an immortal world?

••••••••••••••

Kodan was surprised that his suggestion had worked at all. He grinned at the two lovely females that was his honor of spending time with. Finishing up with his sweets he got up and made sure everyone had their belongings, if any. The male liked this side of Oynx, it was another little cute quirk of this strong woman. So, they would head on to drop things off at Asper ship. Then he was yanked with Alisa by Oynx into a little surf and turf shop. He had ideas as he looked at the toys.

He listened to Oynx's musing of needed swim and summer wear. He had to wonder what sort of things she would pick out for herself. Now that it was mentioned, he needed some swim bottoms for himself, but that was easy. He would look over at Alisa as Oynx left them alone to talk to the clerks. Did he need anything else here, besides the few items he always wanted no matter how old he might turn? He grinned, delighted in his plan. What color bottoms to get, he already knew he wanted the safe and general style of board shorts.

"Would you like to explore this shop together with me, or alone, Miss?"

He smiled at the woman as he asked and wanted for her answer. Maybe Oynx would even be back by the time they got too far into things.

Outfit: Roaming the Ship
Locations: Shell Cove

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
                                Ailsa Graystone

When you play with fire....

Ailsa gave the man's a hand shake and listened to his words. It was encourging to hear him talk, but she was worried about the fact that she wasn't there. Ailsa tried to think for a moment of what Brad would be doing right now... He was just six. His excellerated aging had slowed down a little but he was still aging faster then normal. Was it right for her to leave him with her siblings? She needed to go to him, and bring him here so she could rise him like Onyx suggested.

"I think that I should get Brad. I... want to rise him."

With that decision made, Ailsa turned her attention to her food and the promise of the beach. She hadn't expected to go to the beach when she found Onyx, she honestly didn't know what to expect. It felt like her life had suddenly stablized.

Once food was finished they were tugged away from the bakery by a very happy Onyx. What the heck had happened to her? Onyx remembered the dark, mysterious Onyx from before and had a little trouble matching this new person to the old. Well, it wasn't impossible because even back then Onyx was nice and playful. This seemed a little extreme though. What had happened to her? It didn't seem like something she should press her about right now so Ailsa put her thoughts to the back of her mind for now.

They were pulled into a shop, and Ailsa realized that they were in a beach shop. She blushed slightly at Onyx statement, but she knew she did needed a swim suit. She gave a smile to Kodan and then looked around at the different swimsuits. She wasn't sure what to get but she thought maybe a nice one piece would be good.

Then she turned towards Kodan and shrugged. "I guess with you would be alright."

---and last post until after work, sorry guys.---

//[L]ocation: Port Thume (Shell Cove) //
                                              [C]urrent Music:
                                              Blue Flames//
                                              [M]ood:
                                              Normal // tatus: Unharmed//
                                              --- Your gonna get burn.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TraumatikDesires

-The Golden Flower-

User Image
                    User Image

Onyx would shop the store with happy thoughts in her mind. Brad was coming back to the Asper!? That was great. Oni would purchase an outfit for her son and for herself. Okay maybe a few outfits. A little time would pass here shopping before the three would leave. Onyx's delivery would arrive in a few hours. When they were back on deck of her ship she would turn to the other two.

"Ima put my things away. Ima call Heiden and see if he wants to come." she said waving to Kodan and Ailsa.
                    'Oh Ailsa...your previous room should still be available.' she called out to her last minute.

Onyx would return to her room to put away all of her things and to get changed for the beach!

Oni2047's Significant Otter

Eloquent Lunatic

Metal was laying down along the bed when she entered into the room. He had moved from his earlier position atop of one of the long poles connected to the mast of the ship which harbored one of the many large sails the ship had. His body was undressed somewhat, holding no shirt to cover his chest and toned figure while he laid down along the nice and cool soothing bed sheets. When she entered the room his brow raised as she came in which multiple things within her arms. "Have fun?" He asked, his body turning and rolling upon his side, his hand moved back and raised up supporting his head as his long black raven locks flowed down his body over his shoulder and down along his chest somewhat. Looking at her waiting for an answer he just stared, his mind racing for a moment thinking as he watched her, thinking back and how she had apologized to him he just thought and then sighed. "...Sorry. As well." He spoke almost in a faint whisper but just loud enough for her ears to catch.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

To say that Onyx had forgotten about Metal was actually a good thing. She had forgotten about their earlier scuffle. So, when entering her room and moving about and he spoke, she jumped.

'Yeek!' she went as her body spun to his direction.

There upon her bed he lay on his side. His arm propping his head up. His long black hair flowing all about his figure. It seemed to cascade down and onto her bed flowing like ink. When he apologized she stood there nearly with her mouth open in surprise. That was not like him at all. He took her words right from her. Speechless. She looked away and rubbed the back of her head a bit. She just couldn't look at him while he was laying there like that.

"Yeah I did have fun, went and did some exploring. Got a gift. Book all about Port Thume" she chuckled slightly. 'Ordered some s**t and bought some clothes...I am heading to the beach...do you want to come...?" this was strange but she was liking the different pace.

Eloquent Lunatic

A slight chuckle escaped from his lips as she yeeked at his presence and sudden speech. His body turned a little bit more as she continued on speaking to him about how she had trooped all about the newly found port they had seemingly been forced to dock in. Metal just watch her movements the fact that she was rubbing the back of her head and neck a little. Made her seem a bit nervous, a little surprised he was at her actions considering what they had been through over the years it seemed. "You have too many clothes..." He trailed off the subject slightly by speaking again not letting her get a chance to rebut his statement. "Ugh...the beach." he thought for a moment his brow raising a bit as he contemplated the idea. Finally his head lowered and then raised again several times in succession to him wanting to go. "Yeah sure I suppose. Just no more nasty cupcakes." He thought about the last one he'd ate; next time he wouldn't be so quick to snatch the treat from her hands rather than allow her to eat the cupcake herself, and all by herself. "So wait are we going now?" He looked at her and then whined a bit. "It's hot outside...."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

'I have...too many clothes? How the hell would he know!? Wait...maybe he goes through your things when your not around!'

Her thoughts were betraying her. Her mouth opened to speak but it was too late. He was already speaking. Her head snapped into his direction. She was floored, stunned that he accepted her offer to go to the beach. His little retort about cupcakes made her laugh. Well if cupcakes made him feel sick then maybe he would think twice next time. She laughed a little again.

"Yes now. Well after I get changed." she then put her hands on her hips and pursed her lips to his whining.
                    "Really Metal!? Quit whining! It's not like your going to burn up. You are human now. Besides...you could use a little sun." she said walking past the bed now to toss her bags onto it. She rummage through one to pull out her outfit that she had planned on getting changed into.
                    "Well, c'mon already...wait...I suppose you are practically ready..." her attention was forced to his half naked form that lay across her bed.
                    "Okay be right back." she said slipping around behind her Shoji screens. She would be very quick about her change in attire but spoke to metal none the less.
                    "So...I think I asked you this before and never got a proper answer....did your parents actually name you Metal?"

Gracious Flatterer

3,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The best things in life will always come unexpectedly.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But what is a Human to do with 20 years of mortality in an immortal world?

••••••••••••••

Kodan gave Ailsa a smile as he shopped with her, he remembered his younger sister and truly tried to help her with finding a bathing suit and all. As he looked around abit for himself as she went to try things on. He wondered to himself if he should have brought extra things, but then again it couldn't hurt to get something new. He found a couple of things, some trunks, a towel and perhaps some other things in which he would happily keep hidden. Although he did find some nice goggles for any underwater adventures. He turned back towards the dressing rooms and waited for Ailsa to be done and ready. Although, unbeknownst to Onyx he had kept an eye on her, smirking little as she looked like a kid in a candy store. He soon went up with Ailsa to the register ad proceeded to pay for his items, however he decided to also buy one of her and onyx's items as well, well at least one of Onyx's shipped items. Once they all had their items bought and paid for, they set out to return back to the ship.

Once they had returned to the ship and parted ways, her. Couldn't help but to take a glance at Onyx as she walked away. She definitely looked happier that was for sure. He was half tempted to follow her for a moment, but decided against it, lest he get himself into trouble, but then again Onyx seemed to like trouble. He chuckled to himself and plotted the cupcake morning surprise for Onyx, she was sure to love it. But Rini and Heiden may prove to be alittle more interesting, but the others could either be easy or hard. Perhaps it was his nature that made him want to do something so nice, but the way he saw it, it was a token of good nature. He went down past the kitchens and to his room. He went inside and inhaled the air, somehow the small hint of wood and sea air brought comfort and relaxation to him. He easily kicked off his boots and then set to stripping down his clothing. He ripped some tags from the board shorts and then put them on. He looked at himself and rubbed his neck in thought. He really had changed and he just hoped Rini didn't pull her sisterly teasing on him, but then again reactions weren't always a bad thing. He smiled to himself, proud of the journey he had over come and he finished getting dressed before he wrapped the towel around his neck and slipped on some sandals he had bought, although he now wished he had gotten some boat shoes. Oh well, maybe next time, he thought before he exited his room and returned back up on deck. He hadn't seen anyone, so he took the liberty of lounging by a fire pit with a smile. It was perfect weather for the beach and yet he almost forgot to put on sun block. He reached into a pocket in his board shorts and then set to protecting his skin, as a sunburn would have been horrible. Normally he usually didn't burn, but he wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Outfit: Roaming the Ship - Beach time
Locations: Shell Cove - The Asper - His Room - Deck : Firepit

Eloquent Lunatic

'You could use a little sun.'....'You could use a little sun.' Laying there hearing that comment it went back and forth through his mind as he lay there and then quickly shot up from his laid back position. She of course had already walked behind the screens to conceal herself rightfully so. But she continued to talk to him, of if she could have seen his face, and if looks could kill. She must have found herself to be the funniest ******** in all the land with a comment such as that. "Use some sun my a**...." He whispered and mumbled to himself sitting up upon her bed now as he thought to himself, his arms coming across his already bare chest. Oh he'd get her back later, even if not today, but sometime later. She then caused his to drop his arms down into his lap thinking as she asked about his name actually being Metal, his eye's rolled as if she could see him and the disgusted look upon his face. "Well your parents didn't name you Onyx I'm sure, so what do you think...?" He asked her his brow raised up all the while his body moved shifting his weight from the bed to the bottom of his feet while standing up. "Well....maybe your parents hated you?" He asked adding to the level of sarcasm he was using by going on about the fact that maybe her real name was Onyx and that her parents couldn't think of anything better.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Her head poked out from around the shoji screen.
                    "Oi...save your asshatery for another day. If I have to explain the context of my question for you to get it, then you can...you know...eat a d**k." she disappeared once more.

"And I wouldn't know if they hated me. They died when I was eleven. Feel better about yourself?" Onyx then came out fully from behind the screen in her beach ATTIRE. She was all set to go.

Seeing Metal she sighed. He liked to fight even as a human it would seem. Did he truly never tire of it? She had wanted to add:'Don't make me attempt to kill you' but then the image of him this early morning practicing came floating into her mind. She cleared her throat and looked away from him. What more could she say to him? Just then a knock came to her door. Saved. Moving to the door and opening it, it was the delivery guy. He had bought over all that oni had ordered. She signed for it and had them leave everything out on deck for the time being. Without really looking she called out over her shoulder to Metal.

"See you down at the beach" and with that she closed the door and left. She wasn't expecting him to have really answered her anyways. After all with him, if you weren't pulling teeth then you weren't trying.

Onyx would make her way across the deck noting Kodan on her way.
                    "I am just going to go grab Heiden and Rini. Can you please just mind the new arrivals? Thanks!" she asked him in passing. Onyx would then move down into her ship.

She would see Jenica behind the bar.
                    "Oi if I gave you a list could you head into the town market and pick me up a few things? Then take the rest of the night off. Join us down at the beach. I shall be cooking dinner tonight." she moved into the kitchen to take inventory and jot down a few things. When she came back out she had handed Jenica the piece of paper.

Jenica was super stoked. It was a good thing she had had the chance to do a little exploration with little Mae. She had come across the market herself during her travels. She got right to it, eager to join them by the waters.

Onyx then would move down into the sublevels of her ship and go to her sons room. When a knock upon his door produced no response, she entered. No one was there. She tried his cell phone. Nadda. Her eye's looked to the mirror...she knocked upon its surface. No response. Onyx stepped through it. That's right. Heiden didn't know but Onyx could enter that mirror as well seeing as how his father had given her honorary permission to do so. Entering the room within the mirror she could see that no one was there either. Now she stared at the only door remaining. She contemplated as to whether or not she wanted to venture in that far. Opening the door she decided with a deep breath, to move forwards. Onyx would pass the thresh hold and come out to the very familiar hideaway that once belonged to her now deceased husband.

It was of course just as perfect and beautiful as she had remembered it. So many memories came flooding back to her seeing the house up on the hill, black and burnt looking but gothic and gorgeous. Moving up the path she had been about to head up to the house when she had looked out to the large lake and noticed that the boat was missing. Instead she would walk herself down the stone stairs and to said large lake's shores. Standing on the docks looking outwards, a warm breeze blew that made oni grab a hold of her hat.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
Location: Asper ~ Heiden's Quarters (Dimensional pocket) ~ Threads: Casual

Lazily laying there with Rini under the weeping umbrella of the great willow his head turned a little to just catch the scenery. Suddenly his eye's caught a hazed image of a woman that looked exactly like his mother!.

"Whoa!" he sat bolt straight up now. He blinked. The image didn't go away. Heiden got to his feet and walked closer. He was trying to determine as to whether this was real or not. Suddenly that figure began to wave him down.

"Rini...it's my mother! C'mon" he said getting her to her feet. The two would row themsevles back to the docks.

Sure enough she was standing there. Heiden for one couldn't believe his eye's.
"Hey! You two ought to come back to the land of the living and join us down at the beach! There's a surprise waiting for you in a bag on your bed." she would say more so to Heiden.
"Please let me know like...soon-ish" she laugh.

Heiden would look to Rini "Want to go join them at the beach?" he ase

Cold Inquisition's Princess

Divine Streaker

onyx2047

User Image

Wearing:Exploring Town

Rini slept with Heiden easily under the shade of the willow tree. He had been up before her, while she had rested, upon his chest. When he bolted upwards she squeaked, waking up with a start. The female rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times. Watching him carefully, her eyes moved towards a figure. Was that Oynx? She looked...Wow. What was going on here? She looked so carefree. The girl took Heiden's hands as he helped her up. They both went to Oynx, Rini smiling sheepishly. This had been her hideout once after all.

"Hello mama"

She grined, clearly she had been having a good day. And now here Oynx, was inviting them to the beach? And Heiden really needed to ask if she wanted to go? Her eyes looked at him like, is that really a question? She laughed, and nodded.

"Yeah, I just need to dig for a swimsuit...You don't mind waiting for me do you? I know I have a few from when we were in Ireland..."

She grinned, and grabbed his hand, and made him lead the way to the mirror so that she could go to her room to find clothes. She would leave Oynx and Heiden to talk a moment, if they wished.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

"Heeeello Lady Virunas. Not at all! Take your time dear." Oni beamed to the young woman that accompanied her son.

It was cute the way she called her 'mama'. She had to admit she kind of liked it. Rini had been somewhat like an adoptive daughter to her. She cared that much about Rini's well being. She felt pretty secure with Rini, she was sure that she truly cared about her son. Their love was so young and carefree however, she wasn't going to be taking anything too seriously. If things went south again for the two of them, as a mother she needed to be able to keep perspective between the two. A mother had to do what a mother needed to do. For the protection of all parties involved. Naturally, she didn't want to believe or think that things would ever go bad between them again but perhaps that is a mothers wishful thinking.

Heiden and Onyx would linger behind only for a few moments behind Rini as she had made her way to go and get ready for the beach.
                    "Well, I hope that you like it. It's quite special, safe and secure. It's yours now Heiden."
                    "I love it but you know you can still visit any-"
                    "No no. That's quite alright."
                    "But I want you to!"
                    "Heiden...It is but memories that live here. They belong here for eternity. They are not meant to be relived. I have let him go hun. I have let your daddy go completely. You think that I haven't moved on just because there isn't that "someone" in my life but you are mistaken. There doesn't need to be a "someone" in order for me to both be Happy and to have resolve. That chapter, though amazing, is closed Heiden. I don't want to relive it and by you forcing the issue...its hurting me. Making me remember, is hurting me because it was hard to accept that he is gone and he is never coming back. So please Heiden, for once in your life...be satisfied with an answer that I have given you. This is yours now. Someday, if you chose it, you can create your own memories here." she told him as she placed both of her hands to her son's shoulders. Oni wasn't blind nor stupid to how her son felt about her and this subject of 'love'.

She giggled. "And who taught you that you need a significant other in your life in order to be happy anyways! I'll ******** kill em!" she laughed with a little snort.

Heiden rubbed the back of his head "You can't...he's dead too..."

(pt 1 of 2 )

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Onyx's looked away, she closed her eye's softly. 'I - I am sorry. I know Raziel meant a lot to you.'

"It's okay mum. It's just...he was just such a romantic. Love had saved his life and for love he died. Love brought you and dad together and love did you apart too. It's a pattern, a full circle that is complete that I cannot ignore ya know? Do you not believe that there is the other half of you out there somewhere? Two halves of the same whole?"

'I believe that one and one make two. But ... they can have a common denominator. A singular...one and the same.' she turned her head to smile gently at her son.

"Your father...was foolish to end my troubles for me Heiden. They were not his to end. They were mine. I should have been the one who-"

"MOM!" he grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. He didn't want to reveal the things he wanted to tell her now but at the same time he thought that maybe it might be best.
                    "I have decided to open up an apothecary ... probably in Ireland...and...am taking up being a 'Thief' with Phoenix and his son. Who knows...perhaps after a bit you and I will be journeying around the world trying to find artifacts together!"

Onyx pulled away a bit to look into her son's face. Her eye's were filled with worry.
                    "Your-your joining the guild then?"

"N-no...I already have...mom..."

Onyx let her son go. She gave a deep disgruntled sigh. Well ********. What was she suppose to do about that now!? She shook her head back and forth. She didn't look to pleased. Heiden, seeing this immediately felt the need to explain himself.
                    "Mom! Don't be angry with me. I thought for sure that you'd be happy that I followed in your footsteps! I too want to be able to help the less fortunate, go against the grains of society hierarchy. Talk to me. Why are you so mad. Isn't it better than being an Assassin!?"

Onyx stopped with her fussing and just stared at Heiden a moment.
                    'How about you become a scientist, a dentist, a ******** clown in a circus for all I care! Why? Why a thief, a pirate, an assassin or anything remotely related to the s**t me and your father got wrapped up into!?"

"It's in my blood! Your in my blood...like it or not."

"Don't. Please don't make this seem like I am in the wrong here Heiden. I am not trying to say that I am ungrateful for you. I wanted the best for you and believe me that was not it."

"I understand. But it is also my life and at the end of the day...I will decided what is best for me. If I say that this is what I want, that this is what feels right for me, then so be it. Besides...if it was so bad how come your not out of the business yourself? Stop trying to protect me. It get's in the way. Your emotions get in the way of you...anybody ever tell you that?" he crossed his arms to his chest.

Oni's eye's widened she looked away, desperately searching her memory banks. yes. Yes someone had said that to her before but she couldn't recall who!
                    'Look...lets talk about this some other time. Today is to be a good day. A day in which I just want to enjoy life" oni told her son.

"And love. Enjoy love too mama oni." heiden smiled at her

Onyyx sighed "Yeah sure, that too heiden." she gave her son a huge hug before the two of them would leave the pocket of dimension. They would return to the world of the norm. Oni would leave Heiden to discover his gifts and she, she would head back up on deck to away those who wanted to come along.

( pt 2 of 2 )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces