Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Misheru Kuro's Husband

User Image{James Gamoden : Location : The Black Coffin : Deck -> Asper Deck}

{{Cue : One Last Time}}

Out at sea, a distance yet from the Asper approached a ship. An ancient looking vessel that despite it's tattered sails and worn planks, continued to wander the seas. Those who had been aboard the Asper for a long time would recognize it as it approached as the ship called The Black Coffin. Standing strong and proud at the helm was the Dark Elf that had once been called the Lieutenant of the Asper, James. How long the corsair had been gone, even he couldn't say. He had lost track of the days on the seas of Ephramad.

The dark elf couldn't help but smile as they approached. He had been gone from the Asper, his one true home for far longer than even he had intended. He looked out upon Lockeport, the city that had once been laid to ruin by the spirit turned demon within him. It had taken him a long time to come to grips with that, but he no was no longer haunted by it.

"It's good to see you again, Asper," he said to himself as his focus turned away from the restored city and fell upon the ship that was his home "Muhtahb, take the helm. Once I'm on deck you are free to set sail where you will."

On command a figure as black as night, aside from glowing red eyes approached to take hold of the wheel, the shade following it's captain's command. "Call when you have need of us again, Captain," the shade said in a whisper of a voice.

"Aye," James replied as he made his way down to the deck of the ship, their destination, the Asper drawing ever closer.

It would be five minutes more until the Black Coffin had pulled up along side the ship and as had become customary by now James ran forward, bracing his tricorne against his head as he leaped over the railing of the Black Coffin and landed gracefully aboard the Asper. He turned and tipped his hat to the shades aboard the Black Coffin as the ship pulled away and departed.

"I have missed this ship, It has been far too long," James said yet again as he made his way over to the entrance to the bar.

'Onyx... it has been far too long. But at last, I am home.' he said sending a mental message to his dear Captain.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image
                    Location: Asper ~ Captains Quarters ~ Ensemble: Raven Beauty

As she sat there on the edge of her bed trying to recall last nights events after having asked Leon to help her (to no avail) she heard a voice in her head. At first she was concerned but after a few moments she recognized it to be that of James. Her eye's widened. She panicked a little. If she had a voice at the time she would have been stuttering like friggen porky pig. She stood up, sat down, stood up ******** she was blind too. She stumbled her way around her room trying to find her hair brush.

< J-james!? I am in my quarters.. > she said back to him mentally.

Onyx now stood in her room before her vanity. She set her brush down after whipping it through her hair. She shuffled over to the other side of the room, hand out until she felt the wall. Following it around to the three steps, up and out of her room and into the lounge/business area she made her way to the couch and sat...waiting.

Misheru Kuro's Husband

{James Gamoden : Location : Asper : Deck -> Onyx's Quarters}

James smiled as he received the mental reply, stopping dead in his tracks just before the stairs that led into the bar. He noted the sound of surprise in her mental response, not that it bothered him that she was surprised, he had been gone for so long that his return was surely not expected. He turned on his heel, normally a flawless, graceful turn. However, he winced slightly at the shot of pain that coursed through his leg. It was a blessing and a curse of being a Dark Elf that he had a high pain tolerance, so much so that he often couldn't tell when he was injured. Shades could do many things, but they were not the best healers unfortunately. The corsair was injured in several places but had more than less ignored them as best he could.

'I will seek out Raziel for some help later on,' he thought as he made his way back across the deck with a slight limp which he tried to make as unpronounced as he could. He really didn't want to worry anyone as soon as he had gotten back.

It didn't take the corsair long to cross the deck and make it up the steps that led to Onyx's quarters, limp or not. Out of courtesy he knocked once before entering. He looked around the familiar lounge area, seeing that it hadn't changed much before he turned his focus to Onyx who was sitting on the couch and he smiled.

"It is so good to see you again, Yumi." James stated as he made his way over to the couch to join her, trying even harder now to disguise his limp not realizing that the captain was blind. "I am sorry to have been gone so long, I don't even know how long it has been..." he continued as he sat down next to her.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

Onyx was sitting with her back to the entrance hallway when James entered the room. Her hands to her lap, gripped the fabric of her kimono in balled fists hearing her real name off his lips. Lips she knew once upon a time. Very well. Her chest felt tight. Onyx's eye's were closed at the moment, she placed a faint smile to her lips as she looked as though perhaps she had been meditating. When he sat next to her with words of absence she didn't open her eye's. She realized then that no voice came...there was no lady wisp. Something must have happened to it the night before. Well...that sucked. Onyx slowly opened her eye's and then turned her head to look towards James but she stopped. It was useless.

< James...I cannot use my own voice to speak with you at the moment, thank goodness for this ability to be able to communicate telepathically. I...I also...cannot see you either. > her brows furrowed. You could feel, see the frustration in her facial expressions. It was killing her. It made her feel even more useless than she had already been feeling.

< Indeed...it has been some time. Five months at minimum. > could she really not recall?

< I do hope life has been treating you well. > clearly better than her own. Had her life really gone so down hill since their parting?

Onyx didn't want to look at james. Actually, she didn't really want him to see her like this but it was far too late. There was something about her aura. Something a little more..cold...stoney. Like the warmth that her semi humanity had brought had weakened, flame almost snuffed out. The loneliness had frost bitten the woman forcing her to go practically numb. Listlessness had made her so idle, she was in an inescapable desert it would seem. Sure felt that way. Those yellow topaz eye's that nearly glittered gold were now so pale and washed out. Eerie. Only once had her eye's gotten that pale and it was in another very dark period when she had dealt with Vincent. Funny that the second time around involved Metal. And how could she even begin to explain to James how this all came about!? Should she even? Did he deserve to know anything about her anymore? Why did he come back? More questions racked this poor womans brain, picking at her like a pack of vultures. She sighed with the shutter of breath.

< So...what has brought your sails this way ... Captain? >. She said unto his mind.

Misheru Kuro's Husband

{James Gamoden : Location : Asper : Onyx's Quarters}

When Onyx turned to look at him the corsair did his best to hide his reaction, her eyes were pale, lacking the brilliant shine that was normally so evident in the golden yellow topaz orbs. Her revelation that she could neither speak nor see him either also came as a surprise. He had been gone so long and it seemed that Onyx had suffered greatly and he couldn't help but feel guilty about it, that guilt was increased at the revelation that it had been at least five months since he had last left. There was a coldness in her thoughts, a coldness towards him that he felt he entirely deserved... her last question to him stinging like a knife in his heart.

'I have been gone for far too long it seems...' he thought to himself.

"I am finally home, my captain. At least I hope that I am still welcome here. I had no intention of being gone for five months," he stated with a sigh, his head going into his hand as he shook it, clearly unhappy with himself. "I didn't have a choice, what was supposed to be helping Qultada for little while turned into an all out war against the rival corsairs of the Ephramad Sea... that's why I didn't come back until now. I have never stopped thinking about you, or the Asper though. My dear captain, what has happened to you?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

The familiar Captain could be heard and felt in her next words in her mental voice to him.
                    < You are a pirate. A Captain. Do not be sorry for the duties that are inlaid to you. You will always be welcomed here James. Don't be silly. It's been nearly half a year or more James...a lot has happened.> she said to him.

Actually...Onyx had done this poor man plenty of wrong. She knew he left to deal with his duties but that he also left because he had been hurt by her. It was better for him to have gone. Onyx honestly didn't expect to ever see him again. While the two did seem to make the perfect match on the outside, it was their similar ways that kept them apart. His duties as well as her own...it just didn't work. Sure...he could walk death with her but he was also a Captain. Something that didn't work for her. What fine features this man had she had to recall from memory, seeing him in her minds eye thanks to her blind eye's. She would not see his reactions, not know that he was hurt or in pain. Even when trying to use her Chi spark...everything was a smear...just like now.

< Why would you come back to a woman, let alone a Captain, that has hurt you James? > she had to ask it. She was also trying to avoid telling him about the vampyres that had so marred her while she happened to be defenseless.

Misheru Kuro's Husband

{James Gamoden : Location : Asper : Onyx's Quarters}

He smiled lightly at the initial response that she had given him, he could feel his Captain still inside from her words. He was glad that he was still welcome by her, not that he had truly thought that he wouldn't be. It had still been a slight fear in the back of his mind though given what had happened between the two of them. He looked up at her as she asked her question, not entirely sure how to answer at first.

"Why would I not...? You and I may have hurt each other but that doesn't change the fact that you and the people on board this ship are the only thing that I have that is even close to a family. The Asper is the only place that I can honestly call home anymore, the only place that I want to call my home."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

It was a damn good answer. One that she could comment on no further. Onyx would say nothing about it. Instead she moved on to answer his other question.

< Vampyres. Vampyres or shall I say A vampyre did this to me while I was defenseless in Rome. I had been out for the evening, Opera house. I had nothing on me in terms of weapons...what good would throwing knives do with a pack of ten, pure blooded Vampyres? My neck was snapped. Hence the loss of voice and vision. I am hoping that this isn't permanent. > she told him. She had so much more to tell him of course.

< A lot of other things have happened here James...there are reasons we left for Rome. I guess it goes for saying...that I am also the Mayor, the Governor, what-ever you wanna call it, Lockeport is presently mine. >

Misheru Kuro's Husband

{James Gamdoen : Location : Asper : Onyx's Quarters}

His answer had apparently been enough to satisfy Onyx's question as she changed the subject back to his earlier question as to what had happened to her. He remained silent, his right hand steadily clenching into a fist in anger as she explained the attack against her and the vampyre snapping her neck, he was sure that he had missed plenty more than she had been able to tell him though. He couldn't help but be surprised as she told him that Lockeport now belonged to her.

"I see... a lot has happened indeed, probably more than you really care to recount too I'm sure. I am not entirely sure if congratulations are in order or not in regards to this place now belonging to you... but I'm sure it'll prevent a lot of future trouble, at least I would hope so. I am sorry that you are unable to see or speak right now, please do let me know if you need anything. I have traveled far to return here and my body is not in the greatest shape right now... I am going to get some rest."

He stood up and made his way closer to her long enough to wrap his arms around her sitting form in a hug with a smile. "I am truly glad to be home again and am not planning on leaving here again anytime soon."

Without another word he would leave her quarters and slowly make his way back across the deck and down into the bar. He saw Heiden there talking with someone and gave him a small smile and a nod before he made his way up the stairs to his quarters. He removed his shirt, revealing a dark bruise on his chest as well as a myriad of new scars from the battles that he had fought. The war at sea had not been kind to the corsair, he was just glad to be home where he would be able to get some proper care and be able to hopefully relax. Seeing Onyx and the Asper again put his mind at peace in a way that he had not experienced in the longest time, it would not take him long after his body fell upon the bed before he would be asleep.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

"I have traveled far to return here and my body is not in the greatest shape right now... I am going to get some rest."

Onyx nodded her head. She didn't want to bombard the Captain with horror and war stories before bed anyways. His return, his happiness was meant to be joyous and a happy time for everyone. Who was Onyx to take that away from him?

Onyx felt arms slip around her, James had hugged her. In his voice she heard him smile but it was his words that shocked her.

"I am truly glad to be home again and am not planning on leaving here again anytime soon."

He was telling her that he was here to stay? Did he really mean that? He wasn't usually the type to make claims he didn't mean. She was so taken off guard she let James walk out of her room without saying anything. She sat there like a doll, unanimated and still. What was happening? Rome didn't give her a break at all. Rysen was still an a*****e, Metal was taken as attempted murder was in action, Linia was currently pregnant by another terrestrial which meant the earth was going to open up and swallow its self, Onyx had herself a right little melt down and realized that she was rather ********, and James her ex lover, had returned.

< Raziel...I need you aboard this ship....we're back...please come as quick as you can. >

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

She put out the mental message to the good Doctor and when he arrived she was not surprised by his responses to the events. She had reassured her that it had been taken care of by his mother and Metal himself. Onyx had told him about what had happened starting from the strange suspicions to the crime metal committed and thusly the reasoning as to why they were attacked, ambushed. She told him about how she was toyed with and eventually her neck was snapped. Onyx wanted him to take a look at her and so he took her from the room and to his office where he gave her an exam. He took some xrays and looked at her eye's and ears but more thorough examinations/tests couldn't be performed here. He would have to take her into town to the clinic there. Hungry she wanted to get something to eat first and so Raziel took her up to the bar to sit and wait while he made her something to eat.

It was there that her son and Nessa sat. She felt Heiden's arms around her.
                    "MUM!?" he squeaked at her.
                    Onyx smiled and shifted to hug her son properly. Heiden squeezed his grip on his mother.
                    "I know you cannot speak nor see at the moment but I just want you to know that I love you and I have been so worried sick about you! R-raziel is here now that we're home. He will take good care of you mum. I just know it."

Onyx's brows furrowed, she shook her head and caressed her sons face. That was when she kissed his cheek and Raziel came out with a cup of juice, apple sauce and a sandwich. He obviously wanted to experiment on the poor woman.
                    "Heiden! Don't worry. Oni is going to be alright, you'll see. I am going to just feed her up and then take her into the clinic in the town where I can look her over and run better tests."
                    Onyx reached out and tugged on raziels sleeve. < I need you to relay a message to my son >

Raziel nodded his head. Onyx continued and Raziel relayed. "Heiden, your mother wishes you to know...that she loves you, she is okay and not to worry. She also wants to know who is responsible for getting the ship back home."

Heiden smiled softly and then it faded to that of shocking remembrance and then a faint blush.
                    "Um, Myself and Lex...though I did dock the Asper when we arrived home." he told them honestly.

Onyx's brows raised up and she herself smiled. Raziel spoke once more. "She said that she is so incredibly proud and happy to hear that. She also said that she would like your help taking care of the ship and to inform Jenica that we are back."

Heiden laughed but nodded his head. His mother didn't normally stay emotional for too long now did she?. "Of course." he said softly.

Raziel smiled and then gave onyx her drink. That went over fine. Next her apple sauce...then went over fine as well. When it came to the sandwich it went over fairly well accept she had experience some discomfort. Raziel advised that Oni have a soft foods diet to which he got a nasal sigh frrom her. With promise to be back shortly, Raziel took Onyx into Main.

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Nar-Varsha Dretesk
'I'm ready for the fight, and fate'

Some elves just aren't bred for elegance. Some just aren't bred for sweetness, healing and mischief. Some aren't tall and slender, impossibly beautiful. Some don't worship nature, although many appreciate its power. But one thing resounds with almost every elf. They do not like to be seen, not with mortal eyes. To look under this woman's hood would show only a dark sheen and a glimmer of bloodshot eyes. To pull it down would not reveal long soft hair but rather coarse strands pulled into a tight braid. Her features belied that fact that she wasn't European, and her scars told a story her broken English could not.

Her heavy boots had paced the streets for weeks, but only now would anyone see her. Her cloak was heavy and worn, covered in mud and made of animal hide. her boots a dun leather, stitched together roughly. This port was where the trail had ended. The trail that led her on a far from merry dance around the world. Why did she care about that stupid child anyway, she wasn't her problem! Internally she sighed. She respected her, that was why. Head tilted down, she walked onto the ship. Without knocking or asking permission, she entered. Tall at a somewhat impressive 6'2", with broad shoulders indicating a strength that the forms of many supernaturals seemed to hide. Down the stairs, into the belly of the beast.

She hadn't been here recently, but her scent still lingered. To look for clues- That's what she should do. She tossed off her cloak with ease, letting it land on one of the nearby chairs and revealing an armoury. A roughly hewn bow and arrow. A traditionally carved Zulu axe. An intricately designed knife that looked more suitable for carving than attacking. The leather of her boots formed the rest of her attire. The material was un flexible, gashes had been made at the back of her knee and thigh. Her midriff lay bare, revealing a multitude of gashes and scars. Her bra was high cut, attached to an arm guard. What could be seen through the arm guard was something withered, something that looked strangled.

She got on one knee, and began to examine the legs of one of the tables, ignoring the presence of the others in the room.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image
                    Location: Asper ~ Main/ Captains Quarters ~ Ensemble: Raven Beauty

Sitting upon the doctors bed at the clinic in Main, Raziel was performing a few tests, scans, and readings. As he did so he would have a small conversation with her regarding an update on the town of Lockeport. He told her about how the clean up was complete. The landscapers had done a wonderful job. People had flourished the small city, though there were still empty plots. There was a very sensitive question he had to ask her...and what with recent events...well even he was terrified to ask it.

"So...the town has sure filled up with supernaturals just like you wanted. Our demographics on species is pretty even ... but I wonder...how do you feel about vampires moving into the city Onyx?" he held his breath.

There came silence, mentally I mean. Was Onyx thinking about it or was she simply refusing to even answer his questioning? After a few moments she spoke unto his mind.

< Not...not all vampires are vicious. Not all of them are so blood thirsty that they senselessly, needlessly murder. As much as I would love to pick up being a hunter again, if only to take out my anger...the truth is...it's not right. I would be no better of a being if I did that. To discriminate against an entire race because of what a handful of them have done, isn't right. The protection of the humans rights is what I am concerned about. Making sure our system stays clean is key. I mean corruption in the justice system. I'd kill them myself. I don't want no shady judges, guards, officers, rogue cop bullshit. If I wanted that I'd hire my fellow pirate mates to stand in for "the law". I should just be like: Do it or I will let Linia eat you! > she responded. Practically destroyed, Oni was still not without a sense of humor.

Raziel laughed "Well, good to know. So...are you going to be okay? You seemed to really take this whole thing quite hard..."

< Everyone is entitled to their moments of weakness. I don't give a s**t what species you are. If you have a heart inside your body, if you have a soul, if you are capable of loving anything in your life...then you are entitled to moments of weakness. Lord only knows I have deserved mine Raziel. >

"Oh! No for sure! I didn't mean anything by it. I just...want to make sure that you will be alright. I am here if you need to talk to me Oni, you know that."

< Aye, I do. Thank you Raziel. When I have my head on straight...and I can make sense of myself I will be sure to give you a ring! > Oni said mentally and then smiled.

"Good. Well great news. It would seem that this is all temporary. I cannot tell you exactly when it is all going to go back to normal but I can tell you that it will. Necks aren't meant to be snapped and mortals aren't meant to be immortals it seems. Do you have any pain at the moment?"

< I do. Every now and again I seem to get a really stiff neck. Headaches. >

"Onyx...this might be a permanent repercussion. Dealing with sore muscles in the neck and random headaches I mean. I do hope that blue ring around your neck goes away too. It would seem that you aren't going to walk out of this one totally unscathed." he told her honestly.

< It's fine...I'm alive...I suppose that's more than enough...Raziel I - > she stopped.

"Oni? What is it? Go on...you can tell me."

< I...I did something really stupid in my moment of weakness. I ..sort of enticed your father to kill me.... >

Raziel wound back his hand and slapped Onyx right across the face to which onyx's hand went immediately up to her cheek. Furrowed brows and a look of shock over took her. Raziel stared at Onyx though not angry. He was rather mellow looking in expression.
                    "Never do that again. That moment of weakness...was too steep Onyx. What made you do that...I don't think I even want to know for fear it would only infuriate me. You weren't thinking about Heiden?!? Your friends who are practically family to you now!? Me?" he asked almost breathlessly.

Onyx began to cry. Raziel's breath caught in his throat. He rubbed the back of his head and looked away. "Oni..I...I'm sorry. It's just...I care okay? Heiden is like a weird mix of brother and son to me. You...I have known all my life. My mentor in so many ways. If your going to get that low...then no. You are not allowed to get weak."

Onyx wiped her eye's with her sleeve, sniffles came from the broken woman.
                    < I deserved that. I know. I am sorry Raziel. It really was too close. I am not ready to just lay down and die. I have worked too hard, come to far, suffered too greatly to just throw in the towel now. However, I have lived an extraordinary life. Still...if I wanted to die...I ought to do it right. With honor. When I am ready to die...I will finish my task in killing 10,000 evil men. Upon my final stroke...I can die in peace. My pain and suffering gets overbearing at time Raziel...I can't drink to cope, blind and mute to scream or beat the s**t out of anything...so...I found myself a drug...>

Out of everything that she said it had been those last words that had caught Raziels attention.
                    "A drug? What do you mean?"

< Leon's lightening. It's numbing and in the right dosages it puts me out... >

"Oni...it also endangers you! For those few hours your useless and your kessen chu doesn't work!"

Oni slammed her hand down on the table. < What would you have me do!? How did I ever become invincible to any of you!? To be immortal isn't to be a God or Goddess!!! To be immortal isn't to have no feelings, emotionally or other wise. You just think that I am untouchable? That I can't be hurt? I am strong sure and I can take a lot but I have a limit and I have a breaking point. I am trying to tell you that I have reached my limit Raziel. >

Onyx made to get up off the table. With or without him she wanted out and away from him...but it just wasn't going to happen. A few steps of staggering and scrambling to find a wall...she felt his hand on her elbow. Onyx sighed the floor gates opened, she turned burying her face into Raziels chest and began to sob.
                    < ******** wrong me with Raziel? I'm ******** losing it here. I don't know what's going to happen anymore. I feel so helpless, weak, everything is changing and there is nothing I can do to stop it.>

Raziel wrapped his arms around Onyx. He was very concerned for her. What was happening to the good Captain? Raziel supposed that the ultimate attack by vampires did warrant a total melt down. The very species that she had been battling most of her life. Still...
                    "Onyx...no matter what happens the facts remain the same. We will do it together. All of us. Everyone aboard the Asper is like family. In family there are bad times, fights and misunderstandings. There will always be family drama. It's a fact of life. It exists even among my kind. We will face change together. Walk without that fear and you will be free.Whatever it is you are afraid of...try to embrace it."

< I want to go home...I need to rest.... > was her response. Raziel took her back to the ship and back to her room. He made promise to come and check in on her in a bit.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
                    User Image

"Whatever it is you are afraid of...try to embrace it."

Raziel's words echoed into her mind as she sat on her couch within her room. She lowered her head down to her pillows as she stretched out on the couch all in thought.

Embrace that in which I am afraid of? You want me to embrace Metal? You want me to embrace the fact that I am in love with my enemy? Seriously...I am ********. What is wrong with me? I am afraid of him...through and through...nugh...disgusting. her hands covered her face.

Onyx started to remember things...slowly her fingers slid away from her eye's.

"I know plently Onyx, as for caring....i used to do that, a long time ago...." he spoke out and then leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees and just leaning there.
                    "Sometimes it's better not to care that way you can be stronger for another..." he then got up off the coch and threw his arm up as if he was dimissing her or something of that.
                    "So what if I want everyone to die.....so what if I wake up and think about watching the world burn itself into oblivion...." he sighed and then turned back to her.
                    "I want to be the match that starts the fire and the last ember left from the destruction, but that doesn't mean that my daughter should have to suffer, my confliction stops my ambition for the implosion of the earth....if not for that small child I would be worse..." he crossed his arms and stared.
                    "You should thank her for that..."

This memory wasn't JUST about what Metal had said but the way he had looked. It was the way his hair had swung forwards when he leaned in. The lines and features of his face that she tried to not notice. That causal allure that either metal or his species came with, confident, strong, calculated and cool. He had gotten up, slight frustration in his movements...the quieter tone in his voice. Back then his words were heard but they were not examined in the amount of attention and detail that it ought to have had. Anita...is what kept him sane and grounded. Anita was what kept the both of them tame. That little girl had taught Onyx much of what she knew now regarding relationships. Anita was in a time even before Heiden. Why...did she not see it then? Why did she not notice that she noticed?

"What's it matter to you, why the hell do you seem to give a damn anyways.....why do you want me to be what I was before you found the real me...?"

Onyx groaned slightly as she continued to remember things from their past. What was the matter with her? At the time she felt utterly defensive over Anita and the way Metal had been behaving. She was no mother then that was for damn sure but she had a sense of justice. Oh that question...if he asked it now she would have a different answer, a more correct answer.

"How...can something so beautiful like yourself, with the capabilities, you who once loved, want to be so evil? How can someone like that really love Anita? How can someone so evil want the opposite for their child?....... she almost called me mother today metal. I look like her don't I? She has told me so."

Looking back at it now...she had feelings and didn't even know it, couldn't recognize it then. She had thought he was beautiful even back then. She was sad to see him this way when he had things in his life that helped made him all the more desirable. She was in love with Anita because she was secretly in love with Metal. Anita almost represented that in metal that was tender, lovable and good. Onyx had thought for the longest time that her reaction to Anita had been more about the likeness between herself and the girl and it partially was. There was so much more.

"Onyx.....I....I don't know what you mean to me...." he whispered.

Her hand slid off her face a little more. She kind of missed that one back then and even now...she didn't quite fully get what that statement meant. She recalled the reason behind why she was going to allow Anita to call her mother. She had meant those words.

"Yeah metal I have meaning to you. Right now with that little girl, I am your shield and distraction and in a way you use me. At least that's what I think and its fine...."

Her words to his previous statement had been this. It was true...but she had to wonder now...all these years and he didn't really try to kill her. Why? Did she mean more to him? To the man with so little words, to the man who forgot how to feel, who forgot who he truly was, how to properly love anyone at all? She had shed tears and he touched her face and wiped her tears away. Onyx's eye's grew wide...her heart slowed her breathing a little more shallow...she knew it now. The moment in which she had fallen for the vampire, in secret, locked away even then, it was in that moment. That was quite a long time ago.

"You know...you ask why he never fully tried to kill you...but have you ever stopped to ask yourself that? I did. Yes, and your answers were half assed truths. You use Anita to cover the truth. You didn't try to kill him because you had feelings for him. Why? Why damn it!? Why? ... maybe because he gives you everything you need. I don't know if I can survive this. If I can survive him. If I can be silent about this...but I am not ready. This is dangerous. He is so dangerous for me. Yes...and its partially why you love him. I don't- ********]

Onyx closed her eye's and wiped her face dry. She quieted herself and just rested as she lay upon her couch.

Misheru Kuro's Husband

{James Gamoden : Location : Asper : Personal Quarters -> Onyx's Quarters}

James had rested well, far better than he had in a very long time. There was a sense of peace that returned to his mind being home, a peace that was long since lost at sea. It was like being in two different worlds, the chaos and uneasy rest while at war, anticipation for the next attack having one always on edge even in rest, compared to the general calm of the sea and the life of the Asper. This is the way that he remembered it always being, perhaps aside from the fact that his only family was here that was the reason he would eventually always come back.

He rose from his bed and stretched, still feeling a bit stiff and sore from all that he had endured. He was fully aware of the large bruise on his chest but would continue to ignore it until he would be able to see Raziel about it later. Carefully he placed his foot on the wooden floor of his quarters and tested his weight on his ankle. It was still quite sore, a fairly good indication that he had sprained it.

He got dressed and made his way down the stairs and into the bar and looked around, it appeared that no one was there, not even Onyx. With a sigh he made his way up to the deck, being as careful as he could on his bad ankle. He could not get a hint of Onyx's scent, but that had never been his only way of discerning her location, he could sense her energy and immediately knew that she was in her quarters. He once again made his way across the deck and up the steps to her quarters and knocked on the door.

"Onyx, can I come in?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces