Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

He nodded when she said that he would be better off taking him down as soon as possible but he had to wait for his ride to get here before that would happen. Of course, he knew where the man was staying and had already looked ahead the next ten moves, something that his new human prey didn't expect.

"I already have a few tricks of my own in play. I would pity the man but..he did bring this upon himself. The price for innocent blood is high indeed."

He had never heard himself compared to Robin Hood but he did smile and in his head it did make sense. However, he did what he felt was right. After a few hundred years, you either die or you lose your mind. Mat was lucky to have made it through the last couple of centuries with his sanity, even if he had done unspeakable things to keep it.
There was an anger in Onyx's tone as she addressed his business of selling guns to those less fortunate or wealthy and shook his head, becoming a little distressed.

"It is the right of everyone to be able to defend themselves against those who would do evil against them. It is..also a right to have the means to go against an unjust rule."

He frowned slightly and hid his face from Onyx. At times he wished he didn't love his home country as much as he did, or at least he had chose the right side when it had counted most.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
J R Quincy

User Image User Image

"The price for innocent blood is high indeed." She couldn't believe he just said that. She couldn't believe she had just heard that...especially from someone like him, a vampire.
"As it should be." she agreed with him whole heartedly.

When he explained his reasoning for why he sold weapons to those who needed a means, deserved a means, to defend themselves she sighed. "It's convoluted. If you are defending your life that is one thing. But war, Matias, breeds a whole new demon. Humans themselves create demons. If they don't agree with something, like something, they take their guns and the mow others down. Next you have to start defining what "evil" is and "justice"...It's messy Matias...and a gun in the hands of someone desperate...is a bad thing. You cannot rely on humanity to do the right thing. It's just as simple as that. Even you and I are convoluted. Someone could say what we do is unjust, hell I know I have questioned myself too many times." she said taking another shot.

Onyx shook her head "Baah...ignore this old bird Matias." she downed yet another shot.
"It's far too late anyways." oni said softly. She didn't want to talk about this anymore. She didn't want to feel this way anymore.

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

Matias would give Onyx a smirk as he sat down on a chair and closed his eyes for a moment.

"You talk like you know a thing or two about it. I spent..about twelve years helping force a sweeping change in my land. Something we thought was good at the time, something I bothered coming back from America for. Change."

He opened his eyes and lifted the bottle to his lips, taking the final gulp and emptying the bottle completely. The vampire had an unamused look on his face and the way he talked suggested that now for the moment his mind was elsewhere.

"Have you ever kicked down the doors of the home of the man you had sworn undying loyalty towards with an army of goons? Stabbed him in the chest? Watched as his family was gunned down? Nyet..I doubt you have."

Out of his pocket appeared a flask no doubt filled with more vodka.

"Once that was over, tie up normal people just living their lives and put bullets in their head? Bah..I sell what I sell so that never has to happen again. At least if it does it will never be one sided. Not like 1917..."

Matias stood up and shook his head after taking another swig.

"Sorry...sometimes I get a little ahead of myself and spew nonsense."

The vampire now looked visibly upset.

(( Sorry for the late response. ))

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
Trexasle

User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

"I live in a big, old house, things go bump in the night. And that's all you need to know." There was a strong tone of finality in her voice. She'd given out all the information she wished to on the matter. There's that, and then of course the fact that explaining her home life would take a very long time to someone who hadn't been there since the beginning, who didn't at least have a basic knowledge of the family member's and their personalities.

And, well, Elis was an amnesiac, there was no point in barraging her with information, although it was funny seeing her verge on hysterics as memories flooded back to her. She enjoyed terror, or at least seeing people feel uncomfortable. It was a part of her race, her kind, her blood...There was something almost artistic in the twitching of fingers, the frantic eyes, the heightened pulse and the sheer expression of confusion. Her brother captured it perfectly in his art, when given the right motivation.

She raised her hood, keeping herself hidden once more. Elis could change the subject if she liked, yes, but Titania wasn't going to continue down this train of thought.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
J R Quincy

User Image User Image

Onyx sighed...there fell an awkward silence between them now. She wasn't going to respond to anything he said primarily because she didn't want to talk about this anymore. With the issues going on in her own life she couldn't give a s**t about the politics of life, humanity. For as long as humans had a will...there would always be a way...for things to go very wrong. People simply had to want the help in order to be successful. It was Onyx's belief that there was a big difference between help and solutions. Either could be very different from one another and she had to wonder which it was that Matias really offered here. It didn't matter. What mattered was Matias' intentions. His intentions were good and he aimed to help people as a pose to doing nothing but watch the nation crumble and cave in on itself. Most vampires would be content to just allow things to carry on as "nature intended" knowing full well that there wasn't anything natural about any of it. So in this regard Oni did have a sort of silent appreciation for Matias.

Right now...she sooo wanted to go outside and sit in the hot tub! However, she highly doubted that Matias had swim trunks on him or that he'd be cool with wearing the extra's they had in stock here. She drummed her fingers on the bar counter a moment before making herself another shot and downed it. Grabbing the bottle of patron and her shot glass she moved out from behind the bar and nodded for Matias to follow her. She would exit the bar and head on up onto the deck, walk across it to about midway where off to the left were the pits. Onyx would light one up and take a seat, gesturing for Matias to do the same.

"I apologize if my words upset you. It is why I also voted for a change of subject. So...let's change the tune yeah? This person that set you up...what motive would he have for doing such a thing to you?" she asked him as she poured up another shot for herself.

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

"Reading, writing, problem solving..." she licked the tip of her long nailed thumb as she turned another page, filled with a sprawling rough sketch of a beautiful concubine, hair high atop her head and her breasts partially exposed. The face was unidentifiable, stereotypically beautiful, but the figure was slender, toned, but also voluptuous. She added a few more lines to the sketch, writing a few notes on the page.

"Keeping my family safe, fighting, manipulating..." her tone didn't change. Eyes flickered to the next sketch, a middle aged man in ancient holy garbs, back bent and features twisted, the rough lines conveying a pain, an almost animated envious eye. More lines, more annotations, the pen scratched against the rough surface of the handmade paper.

"And, in general, being a twisted, somewhat psychotic young lady. By human definition of course, I'm positively tame by other's standards." she flipped the page again, another sketch. A woman, fat, gluttonous, her lines not rough but soft, swirling, curvaceous, conveying her greed perfectly. Further additions were made.

"You?"

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
onyx2047

User Image

Matias stopped and breathed for a few and shook his head. He did have that tendency to lose it every now, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been. He did follow her however and hid his flask for the time being. As before, he stopped short and admired the masterful work that was the Asper itself. It was more then a boat, and had Russia ever had a navy in the days before sail ships had died out he would have taken a page from the creator of such a ship. Walking once more, he nodded and sat down in the chair next to Onyx, sure to not damage his suit in the process.
Her question was easily answered, almost in a cliched sort of way.

"Why else would someone who had a taste of power go to such lengths? More power. The man isn't stupid, and surely ruining me would set up the ultimate opportunity to for him to take hold in some way."

He had hoped that was the case, he really did. In his heart however he had a doubt about the whole ordeal, and something didn't seem right although for now he would ignore it.

"I don't think he really grasps the stakes at hand."

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
J R Quincy

User Image User Image

"But he's a man. How did this man ever even get this close? He ... was a trusted friend of yours? Your right hand man? He doesn't know that you are a vampire?" she asked pouring a shot and drinking it down.

Onyx watched him sitting there. What a little vampire he was. Truly. High class vampire who was more afraid of wrinkling his suit that he was of what others thought of him. This sort of made her laugh inside. He was sooo contrasted against her ship. He stood out like a sore thumb. She tried to imagine him in clothing a little more suited to the Asper. She tried to imaging him letting his hair get wind tousled and not fix it perfectly straight afterwards. Onyx felt the sudden urge to want to push him into a pit of mud.

Tiny Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Neesa Marie Valencourt

Tattoos&such
[x][x][x][x][x]

You Went Away, How Dare You? I Miss You.
They Say Ill Be Okay, But I Dont Think So, Ill Never Get Over You.

The Wolf Inside

Hippie<3

Neesa boarded the great ship. Her hair now naturally white wind blown hair falling to her waist.
The young wolf rubbed her face as she descended to the bar.
Last little bit had been...nothing short of relaxing.
Between shows and then her sister popping up missing she was exhausted.

Still dressed in battle gear, the tighter more flexible leather pants fitted her like a second skin. Light steel toed boots on her feet, the restricting corset that kept everything in place.
She hated it.

She slumped at the bar, holding her head with both hands. Her sisters shop had been closed for a while now. Since the attack on Lex and her crew and then the ransacking of the shop, Draven had closed up and left with Mika to go re stock up on her favorite inks and machines, leaving Lex in charge.
They had recieved word about a week later.
Nephilim had snatched her up and now there was a mass search for her.

Neesa had been given leave and she needed a hard drink and a safe place to sleep.
Her mother Lucifire..she had never seen her like that before. She suspected that though Alec, her first husband[though he had forced Lucifire to marry him] was dead, it was his clan that was behind it.
As revenge for Damien killing him for his assualt on herself.

She looked up with mis matched red and blue eyes tiredly.
drink...i need something hard
she thought scanning the wall.

She hoped coming here she might catch wind of news on Draven.
But so far nothing.

Unbeatable Husband

9,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

"..And scare away a perfectly good human's trust? Hell no. Although I must admit he is alot more crafty then I gave him credit for but.."

Suddenly feeling Hot, Matias removed his blazer and then the contents inside. Everything from cigarettes to a revolver were sat down on the deck neatly as Mat tossed the blazer casually on the ground like yesterday's bad idea.

"I'm hell spit after all."

He spoke calmly as he loosened his tie.

"Nobody tricks me, and when they do it's not for long. I get so tired...of keeping this facade up. Sometimes I would love nothing more then run through miles and miles of wilderness in nothing but a pair of pants and a bad attitude."

As if it hadn't cost him over four grand to have it custom tailored Matias picked up and threw the blazer overboard.

"But I have been domesticated and times have changed, I can't run a multi billion dollar business and not look the part now can I?"

Normally, this never happened and Matias stayed reserved and collected at all times unless around his family where he was more prone to let loose a little and he felt he could do the same around Onyx.

"On occasion...I get tired of acted human."

In that last sentence there was a evil tone that he hadn't used in decades. It was deep and it was menacing, caring none of the playfully snide air that usually came with Mat. Everyone had their demons.

User Image
It was quiet out in the forest today. The clouds hung low over Lockeport. Mae walked her usual path but something felt off, her senses seemed alert as she looked about the area. Her keen hearing and sight were on the move as she continued to walk. A breeze tossed her red locks over her shoulders, an eyebrow arched as she thought it strange that such a breeze would cut across the forest like that. Was it from the ocean air? She continued forward until she heard what sounded like a little girl's giggle.

Mae whipped around "Who's there?" she asked, but saw no one. The giggle happened again as fog started to roll in. When Mae turned back around she would see an out line of a girl standing in the fog in front of her. "You will do just fine" the young girl stated. A bluish glow radiated off the young form and before Mae could take off or attack, two beams of light struck the demoness.

Mae felt as though she could not move, a burning sensation developed on the back of her neck as a black symbol burned itself there. Mae's mind started to become hazy, memories flashing before her as she fell to the ground. It felt as if it was slow motion, and all she remember seeing was the girl coming her way, and locks of pink hair.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Carmine Rose

Name: Elis Schmitz
Regeneration Failure rate: Remission

Elis blinked for a second taking that large info dump in. Yep she was beginning to remember why her and Titania had that fight, however instead of getting angry she chuckled. She was right after all she did seem relatively tamed to the people she had met,. “Well those are…interesting hobbies.” Maybe she was having an hallucination about her brother. After all if she was a representative of her family, there was no way she would fall for anyone like her, and if her brother was anything like that…then well, she probably thought something wrong then.

“Mines are invention electronics, investigating Atoms, blowing stuff up…” He began to count on her fingers. However, other than what she mentioned she couldn’t think of much. She blinked again and her mouth went agape, suddenly she recalled something. “I guess, I used to be good at cooking, but I’m not exactly sure if I could still do it.” Another memory she didn’t recall, it tore her up to just put it on the backburner for now. There was no good reason for her to struggle over this.

“And apparently annoying the crap out of vampire females physically the same age as I?” She crossed her legs and looked over her shoulders to the book. Suddenly another thing came into her mind and a grin formed on her face, she took slow step to the vampire’s back and looked over her shoulders at the sketches. “Who drew those?” Her voice was now very sing songish, it seemed one of the things she did remember was hervoice, she didn'

Lonely Lover

11,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
Titania Sangria
'I am not a dream'

"Hmm. Interesting." she said, her voice distant as she flicked over a few more pages, the pages crackling as they landed on top of one another. The paper was old, somewhat musty. She looked up from the pages again. "I'm personally against playing around with things that give humanity further means to destroy our kind, but oh well." She jotted something down without looking at the paper, her handwriting tight, scrawled.

"Apparently so." the book was snapped shut, the leather binding looked heavy, and at one time beautiful. A coat of arms was imprinted on the material, a Latin phrase, something that looked similar to a dragon. She looked down to the book again "My grandfather's. He may have been a brute but he had an artistic eye as well." the tiniest of smiles graced her rosy lips, she obviously didn't posses quite the same animosity towards her grandfather as the rest of her family did.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Name: Elis Schmitz
Regeneration Failure Rate: 30%

“Well Your Grandfather seems to be a great artist, I don’t know about his personal life, for at least in the sake of his art, he’s a great arti…” Elis stopped and grabbed her head, She groaned in pain and slammed herself toward a nearby wall. More Visions, this time a bit more significant. They were children, what seemed to be a small childish male version of Titania, who was currently drawing something. For some reason, she had fox ears, something she didn’t originally remember having at any point during her childhood, Not that she remembered much of it.

He was painting her, and she was crying apparently because he had drawn her ears outrageously big. Instead of shutting herself out however, she sort of broke into a laugh. “My god, did I really have those ears?” A Soft chuckle escaped her pink lips as she leaned toward the nearby pillar and sat on the floor. “Sheesh, no wonder you hated me so much, I was horribly cute…Though…” She said and grabbed her fair for a few seconds. “I did like my hair back then, maybe I should dye it that fire color again, it seemed fun…”

Her brain was still thumping through her skull though, and her heart was beginning to hasten. Something that she was horribly confused about, she wasn't dying by any stretch of the Imagination, nor was there any problems with her. At least she thought she didn't something didn't feel right here...in fact she felt horrible. IT felt almost as if two hearts were beginning to pump, completely independent, at the same time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff