Welcome to Gaia! ::

((What's up, Tac? I wonder how you found me here.

@Starlot: It's hard to classify what you guys are. For now, you're like being watched until you do some public harm. Since I wasn't here for the little attack you did against the department, I'm going to void it from ever happening. But if you want to become real criminals, just go and destroy someone else.

Which reminds me, I got called to the Broken Halo thread, which I'll get to at some point to deal with the VANDALISM. It'll probably be with a couple of rough n' tough cops, unless the situation escalates.

@Daria: I'll make a reply after work this afternoon.))
[[KB's vandalism has hence forth been nixed due to his trolling. Which is a shame since it could have been an interesting showdown had the guy not resorted to being such a d**k.

Such is the interwebz.]]
(( Making way for a story - ))

At first glance, the look almost blended the building with any other structures that were erected around it. Somewhat tall, dull, and lacking some professional paint or aesthetic design to catch attention, he had to wonder briefly if whoever designed this place went for this type of unassuming look intentionally, or had ulterior motives behind it.

"..."

Still. At least it looked somewhat better than the other buildings in Barton - void of any exaggerated chimneys or rooftops that made the appearance all the more....
Ah. Whatever. Not exactly the best place he should find himself in, but still - a job's a job. Since there is a potential job opportunity here, might as well try his luck to see if he lands the job.

His red eyes glanced a bit at the name of this building.

Gaian Police Department.

And, with a small intake of breath, he walked towards the door, pushing it open as he looked around for the nearest person to talk to.
If there's anyone in here this late at night.

Codger

((How did I find you? You've got a giant link in your sig and your posts are searchable. XP Eh, not much. Hope you don't mind me trying to plug RR. >.> You really should go back. XD))
Tacitus
((How did I find you? You've got a giant link in your sig and your posts are searchable. XP Eh, not much. Hope you don't mind me trying to plug RR. >.> You really should go back. XD))

((I don't mind it. Just, I'm going to be honest. I've yet to find a way to integrate myself into the community. What I don't like is how everyone about is like "join a faction!" just to find a place to start roleplaying. When are you going to get my Chen character going about as a multiverse police, anyway? We never completed the closed rp we started.))
((I feel your pain, Chen. New round just started, though, so now's a pretty good time to give it a second chance. 90% of my characters are independant now, and I aim to keep it that way. Heck...I even have a guy I can wholly imagine your police force being called in to deal with from time to time.

Also, 'sup Tac. Didn't expect to see you on gaia.

And finally, yes, like Norris said, KB's interaction with the Halo has been retconned out of existence. Sorry to deprive you of a place to post; but I think I might try and swing something as an alt your way. Just need to get time off from work >< ))

Codger

((Yeah, the join a faction bit can be somewhat frustrating. Took me 3 months of staring at RR before I figured it out enough and was worn down enough to just say screw it and join up with somebody. As always, that ended in flames. XD As for the RP, I thought I'd prodded you about it at one point or I just forgot, so... soon? >.> I'll go dig it up this evening or tomorrow. Did you ever get an assessment?))

((Exp, I had no damn clue you were on Gaia. This is where all my characters came from, in one form or another. There is quite a bit of history behind Tacitus and Kargin, less so for Ture, Jacob, and Shar.))

((laredo supremer? wtf))

Phantom

(( You realize... I didn't actually troll. Roan just decided to get mad at me again for how I treated her a week or so before I started posting at the Halo, in the GTB OOC, then banned me.

...because she's dumb, or overly emotional. Whichever. ))

O.G. Spook

((*wiggles all over KB's face*))

Phantom

O.G. Spook

Daria Jade
The inane woman would drop down from a rooftop across the vacant street, ruby-red eyes wide with wild exhilaration, both from the trip here and from the building before her. It wasn't that The Masked had any sort of record or background to speak off, or at very least none that she or anyone else was aware of, but there was something about the looming, bleak prison that sent chills down her spine. Still, she swallowed, rose to a proud stand, and stepped forward to cross the street, her katanas swaying at her hips, combat boots thumping gently against the asphalt.

For The Master...For The Little Master...The Masked will brave The Fortress!!!

And yet, as she made her approach, and at last pulled the front doors feebly open, she could not help but swallow, her anxiety shaking her very joints, face growing very thinly pale as a nausea began to water her eyes. This place brought to The Masked a grotesquely familiar feeling, one that she never wanted to remember, and by the time she'd gotten no more than a yard or so into the building the skinny woman was already clutching her stomach.

"The Masked...wants to go home...!"

Daria was currently standing in the buzz room, which was a secluded room from the main building that had four officers sitting there and some metal detectors.

"Please discard all weapons into this basket," said one of the men, scooting a bin over to her to reply with.

When she entered, she would feel a great restriction on her body due to the anti-magical runes present in the building. It wouldn't cut off all of her powers, but it would at least restrict any summoning or teleportation abilities that she currently possessed.
Not that she had any powers to speak of--or, not if you asked her, anyway. She was convinced that the things hanging at her sides were just as much people as the skeletal, bandaged form that loomed over the four officers from behind.

Or the thin woman standing beside the outstretched bins, her arms folded before her chest, her intense emerald eyes glaring into wide and frightened rubies. "Daria obey. Maeve watch swords. Make sure safe."

The Masked had turned her head to stare at what only her mind could see and began to whine a little, reluctant to turn over her precious katanas, but somewhere deep inside she knew The Friend was right, and so she would waddle over to the officers, head hanging sadly, hands going about the task of undoing the belts holding her katanas to her hips. They were undone by the time she reached the armed men, her scrawny arms holding them up to present them to the officers. "...Take care of The Friends..." she whimpered as the officers took her swords, then turned to drag her feet through one of the thick, metal frames standing before her.

It would only then, handing over the swords, that she would feel the slightest, strangest sensation through her fingertips, like a straining, choking restraint closing in on her, channeling through her fingertips and gone the moment the swords left her touch. The brief experience troubled her, and she would gaze worriedly upon her precious katanas, but after an annoyed motion of The Ghost's head, she would move on through the security check.

Unarmed, The Masked was little more than a flailing crazy person, hardly much of a threat to anyone any more than to herself, and so she would make it through the checks with no problems beyond her own anxiety with the whole process. The whole thing made her incredibly nervous, but she had a job to do! A message to deliver to The Master! If not for her strong and loyal sense of duty, The Masked would have been long gone by now.

But, as such was indeed the case, The Masked managed to will herself on, wobbling feebly up to the front desk, where she would declare with a mediocre salute obviously taxed by fear, worry, and an overall general anxiety, "The Masked has a message for The Master...! Ah..." She hesitated, rolling her eyes upwards as she thought hard. "Yi...Ya...Yay..."

"It's JAEGER, you pea-brain!"

"Jaeger~!" she declared, then reached inside and extracted a single sheet of yellow construction paper, turning it around to reveal to the officer a show of terrible hand-writing, even worse spelling, and a crude drawing, no doubt the work of a two-year-old except for the oddly accurate sense of grammar. Beaming like some sort of overly (and unreasonably) proud mother, she repeated, "...For The Master! The Master Jaeger!!!" And at last, with a bewildered turn of her head, "Where can The Masked find The Master?"

She quite clearly had very little idea the depth of what had happened to her beloved Master.

<!--In case it's not clear, Daria is schizophrenic, and Maeve and Kré ( "The Ghost" ) are not real. I'm going to ask you to trust me that the message has no trace of violence, threat, ill-will, etc, that it's just an innocent message. The actual thing will be posted as an image, and will (hopefully) be quite adorable x3-->
After her swords were turned over, the men watched as the odd woman passed through the detector clean. Their opinions of her kept in their head, but the expression on their face clearly said "Weird."

"You can go in," said one of them. An actual "buzz" sounded, and the door was open, allowing her into the open and busy lobby of the prestigious Gaian Police Department. Walking up to the desk, the receptionist, a man wearing glasses and a regular black police uniform, looked up and watched as a nervous-looking woman began to speak to him. His facial expression was similar to the one the officers in the buzz room gave her.

"Jaeger," the receptionist repeated. "Who is this Jaeger you speak of?"

Although the capture of Roen Jaeger had carried through the department as of late, not everyone knew of it yet, including the receptionist who had just come in on his shift. Still, he reached out for the paper she presented to look at it, anyway.
The Masked blinked, not having anticipated this predicament. "Aaaahhhh...." she murmured, eyes rolling around as she quickly tried to figure out how to explain The Master to The Receptionist. "The Master is a Devil! Ahh...Red, red eyes...OH!" Her wild ruby eyes had fallen upon a bulletin board, one with whose format she found herself uncomfortably familiar with. There were a couple pictures posted, some drawn and some photographed, with names and big numbers paired with each. The Masked threw out a hand, one finger pointing rigidly at the photograph labeled "Roen Jaeger," and further labeled "APPREHENDED," and declared excitedly, "The Master!!!"

<!--Sorry if that's not accurate, sort of took a shot in the dark.-->

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces