Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

Natalie took a couple of tissues and dabbed at her eyes, offering a small, grateful smile through her tears. "Thank you," she whispered. But that didn't make the rest of Chen's statements go down any more easily. Vinny didn't know anything about Molly when he'd threatened her at the diner; Natalie hadn't told him a thing about her. But yet he knew she was a vampire, and for that alone, he'd threatened her. She would admit that Lucy and Ross had had a terrible family dynamic back then...but that was the past. So much had changed over the past few months, and their family had done a complete 180. No more abuse or threatening innocents; that was all over and done with. They were peaceful, happy, and just trying to raise a family. Tell that to Vinny...

"I don't see myself as distracting him from his duty," she said evenly, glad her voice had finally stopped shaking. "More like giving him a moral compass...sometimes he acts like some kinda Knight Templar or somethin' and he doesn't think. I just wanted him to think about what he does before he just goes off on somebody who might not deserve it. And for that he's proceeded to kidnap me, hurt one of my human friends who was literally just sitting there, threaten my dog, threaten my boyfriend, put his hands all over me..." She sighed, wringing the poor tissue in her hands. "If he's tryin' to protect me, he's doin' a crappy job of it."

Then Chen told her that he was going to refer Vintrict to the Barton Regulars captain, and Natalie's face lost a little color. "Why are you telling me this?" she whispered. "There has to be a reason why you think it's important for me to know."

Chen Ning
Mademoiselle Alvinette

"I'm telling you this because you may get in his way out of your own feelings. And if you do that...well. Look, I don't tell people how to do their job. As long as they get it done with the least trouble caused, then that person did their duty. If Vintrict does anything incriminating, then he'll be tried for that. But until then, I don't believe in stories, Miss Natalie. Please understand that this isn't a psychatrist."

He then extend his right hand to her to shake if she wanted.

"I'll be seeing you."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

Natalie gave Chen a look that was mostly blank but had a hint of "You've gotta be kidding me" mixed in. A highly decorated police detective was telling her not to get in the way of a man who flagrantly stated that he was above the law? Exactly when had she stumbled upon a rabbit hole and fallen into a Lewis Carroll book? There's not enough chocolate in the world for this... She closed her eyes for a few seconds, as if in pain, before finally opening her eyes and shaking his hand.

She racked her brain, not really wanting to say anything but feeling like she needed to say something. "I just hope you're not makin' a mistake," she said softly, straining to get the words out. "He...he really scares me, and I don't scare easily."

She cracked a smile. "And hopefully I won't have any reason to be back here for a long time!"

If she wasn't needed for anything else, she would leave the building and take little Bogey to the park to play. Goodness knew she needed some cheering up right about now...

Chen Ning

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces