Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((not much looking to do: there was a call from the GTB hotel; for all intents and purposes, and since enough time has passed in the gaia mainstream RP time, you'd already have them in custody. Otherwise, just pick them up from the GTB security office/building))
((Okay. Just explain to me what your plot purpose is again?))

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((it's more of character development between Brian, Carolyn, and Thurgood))
((I should get to doing something.))
(( smile ))
((*bumps for future use*))
Paper, paper, and more paper. There could never been too much work for Commissioner David Hussell. The veteran cop had been through a lot over his years, chasing crooks and taking down mob bosses. But despite it all, he never would have given it up just to sit here and work on loads of confirmations, and other miscellaneous administrator work. Then again, he supposed he should be grateful. He's getting pretty old, and this is probably better than putting back out there on the streets to fight crime.

In walked Chen Ning, Lead Detective of the GPD. Now there was a guy who was still young enough to run around throwing the badge of good ole police justice into people's faces before sending them to jail. He was courageous, smart, and had the heart of a cop. Now that was someone to admire. The chief liked him, which was probably the only reason he was able to get away with all the stuff that he does, such as going undercover or going a little under the law to accomplish a major task. He trusted him because he was reliable.

"Looking pretty happy there,"
the chief said to Chen.

"Always am," the asian replied, removing his shades from his face.

Time for them to talk about the current events, as usual.
The ratty cardboard box she carried made it difficult to climb the steps. The stairwell smelled like industrial paint and stale air. The officer in front of her had been kind enough to carry another box for her. These contained her entire career as assistant district attorney, which was now unravelling at a terrifying pace. They stopped at the top as the officer fumbled the box agains the door handle. He pushed the bar down and in with a metallic thunk and the door swung open. The hall beyond had a few officer coming and going, some wrapped in towels as they lingered by the door of the locker room, joking and swearing. She recognized a few from previous cases, but didn't have the mind to wave hi. She walked behind the officer who was leading her, trying to safeguard her box from the general bustle of cops trying to move past. They continued far down the hall, away from the locker room. A few office doors were open, and she tried her best to memorize the location of certain rooms as she followed. The vending machine, the copy room, the communications office. They turned a corner and continued walking down the hall.

"How much further?" she asked.

"Not much, Ms Toyo. Just down here," he replied.

"It's Mizz Toyo."

"I'm sorry, what?" asked the officer who was distracted by a mop bucket he was nudging out of the way with his heel.

"It's Mizz. My husband passed away," she said much quieter. She lifted her chin and shook her hair back away from her eyes as a way of shrugging off the lump in her throat.

"Aw, so sorry to hear." The officer's condolences were a bit hollow, as he knew practically nothing about this pencil pusher. He focused on the task at hand.

Soon they approached a door that was old and chipped, the paint ready to peel off in long strips. He hefted the box to his hip and pulled his key cord from his belt with a zzzzzip. He had to try a few keys before finding the right one. The door creaked open, and he reached inside, flipping on the light. The fluorescent buzzing started after a short delay.

"Here we are, Ms. Toyo. This is the room where... Uhhh... I'm sorry, let me get those out of here."

The officer hurriedly stepped forward into the tiny dingy room, striding over a folded cot in the middle of the floor. He tossed the box to the side and there was a sound of glass cracking from within. He didn't seem to notice, fixated on a particular issue within the room. Actually several issues from March, July, and August. He quickly grabbed up a handful of adult magazines and whisked them behind his back as he turned and tipped his cap at Toyo with a very embarrassed grin. She stepped into the small room slowly and looked around with a barely contained desire to cry. This was a dump of a room. The walls were stained and the lone shelf was crooked. A trash can held several crusty tissues that had spilled out onto the floor. The officer scooted around her, keeping his back hand from view. He stepped out into the hallway and nodded towards her, still smiling with burning red cheeks.

"Have a good day Ms. Toyo." He closed the door leaving her standing in the buzzing greenish light.

"It's Mizz," she said to no one.

She took a deep breath, unfolded the cot which would be her desk for the time being, and began emptying her boxes.
((I'll reply when I get home from work.))
:: No rush, I'm going to be around for a very long time in this thread. ::
"Espresso, organic milk," she instructed the coffee machine. It did not respond in the slightest. She straightened her back and cleared her throat quietly. "Espresso, organic milk." Still nothing. The muscle in Toyo's jaw rolled backwards and she pushed her glasses back up with her knuckle. "Espresso! Organic milk! ... Please!"

The police officers in the lounge were fighting off fits of laughter, one Hispanic cop offered encouragement through a monstrous grin.

"Hey lady, try offering some kind praise. It likes that." He nodded and pointed to the old coffee maker. Two other cops had to turn away to hide their blatant laughter. Toyo eyed them with a blank and weary stare. She looked back at the machine and peered around the side to see if there was a control touch pad, then peered to the other side and found there simply wasn't any computerized controls. She took a deep breath.

"ESPRESSO!" - Lieutenant Kraug, who was passing by with a fistful of paperwork, stopped and took two steps back to look into the lounge. He saw the others laughing and jeering at Toyo. He wasn't amused.

"Goddammit, Harvard." Kraug said approaching Toyo with a demeaning frown. She glowered at the nickname, but he barked on. "This is low tech. Not everything is a s**t-hot supercomputer!" He reached over and grabbed a paper cup from the counter and shoved it in her hand. He yanked the pot off the machine and poured her a cup. It wasn't hot. He left the room, but not without pointing his papers at everyone else with a stern look and a warning shake of his head.

Toyo raised her chin and pursed her lips as she glanced back at the police. They were bowing their faces away, shoulders still jiggling with suppressed laughter. She left without a word, cold black coffee in hand, to go back upstairs and continue her cleaning.

Dangerous Genius

[Put me on the A terrorist list?]
((Let's try this again.))

Omnipresent Poster

The car was driven into the private parking garage owned by the GPD. This place was huge, as for any police department that rested upon Gaia. It was a fortress of law enforcement and justice, as cops walked in and out of the front entrance of the building, while cruisers and other vehicles of this nature patrolled through the streets. It was the living envy of all that chose to disobey the law, and its scale could intimidate even the most ruthless of criminals.

Finally parking, he stepped out of the car, walking around to let her out, after. Once she was, they would proceed to the guard point, where his ID was presented and the case was spoken about what happened, before they were allowed through into the building.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
[ Haha, I did always say I wanted to get into this thread. Like, several years ago. xD
I’m glad we can use it now. ]
Cale followed closely behind the cop, this police station was so much bigger and more intimidating than the one back home. Hell, she’d almost felt at home in the old red-brick police station from her youth. This was certainly nothing like it, and she was so glad that she wasn’t being dragged in as a criminal. As it was, there was no reason for anyone to be suspicious of her, which allowed her to relax somewhat. Thank goodness the tension she did feel was easily passed off as the frayed nerves of a sexual assault victim. As long as they didn’t think to do anything accusatory, like search her prints she was fine. She did have a criminal record from her childhood, although much of it was in a closed juvenile file.
“This place is huge…” She told the officer, sticking very close to his side as he led her through the bustling hive of activity. She felt very out of place in her pink-ribboned shoes and skirt, with fairy wings sticking out from beneath the leather coat, and with the flowing silver-white wig.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff