Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
User Image Cartyr found his way back tot he inn who had helped him so many days ago. Since then he had found a residence in the town, doing odd jobs. He realized soon he wouldn't be able to leave without any travel papers. He stepped into the cozy place and looked around. the tavern and inn was pretty scarce but it still had a heavy presence of people. Cartyr looked at is watch and realized the time. "I hope there still open." He muttered to himself. He sat down at the bar and looked around for service.

Eloquent Lunatic

The inn keeper felt another signature being accepted by the ledger. He pondered on what the inn had planned to do now that it had become more of a home to so many. "I am glad you're becoming popular." He looked about, searching for any new changes that may occur. Removing his spectacles, he saw the warp in the cherry wood flooring straighten and shine. "What a wonderful idea." His face sported a hopeful grin, as he stretched his arms out to his sides and muttered a few words audible to none.

---------

As Cartyr walked into the building, and the customers in the Dining Room conversed, the woodwork all over the inn creaked. Rot began to vanish, decay and wear rebuild themselves as if time reversed in those localized areas. All damaged bits of lumber visibly changed before the eyes of all, returning back to the perfect condition.

---------

The echo of snapping fingers lingers in the air of the Dining Room. A man, roughly 6 feet tall appears behind the counter of the bar, with 3 glasses claw-gripped in his white gloved hand. "My apology for not showing up before." With a slight bow, exposing the top of his black fedora, embroidered with a dragon of golden thread.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura paused on her way to the dining room and watched with a small grin as the woodwork refreshed itself. She sighed. "Well that's a good sign." She was finally done with the majority of cleaning and had freshened herself up; dressing more to her liking. She could only tolerate 'cleaning clothes' for so long. After the woodwork finished its transformation she continued on to join the others. Arriving just as G.R. appeared behind the bar she seleted a stool and sat down.

Eloquent Lunatic

"Ah!" It's always a pleasant surprise when people join in on an occasion. The triad of glasses clinked as they were placed on the counter. G.R. ducked behind the counter only to rise once again with another shot glass for the madam. His eyes seemed locked onto her attire as he grabbed a bottle from the shelf and began to pour into the four shots. "What a fetching outfit you have on, my dear." He slid one to Alura, the sound of the glass rolling on the wood. Placing the nottle back to the shelf, he took up one of the remaining glasses.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Catching the glass gently as it got to her, Alura dipped her head and have a small smile. "Thank you, it's been a while since I could dress up. Between the traveling and then helping fix things up here. I noticed your new hat when I came in, it's lovely."

Eloquent Lunatic

Forgetting that the thread of gold was now atop his hat, he reached a curious hand to the fold of the fabric and smiled in realization. "Yes. It's an old addition to it. Something I put on for personal purposes." He swirled the drink round in place as if to toy with the effects of gravity. The motion brings forth a sweet aroma of cherry sweetened mead, aged, chilled and well prepared with a hint of oak barrel. "How long have you been traveling?"

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Nodding in appreciation of the hat, she paused and tilted her head. "Officially, I've been on the go since I left the Inn last time. I mean, I'd stop and stay places for a couple days maybe a week or two every now and then. No place really sang to me though." Shaking her head a little she smiled. "Then I stumbled across the Inn again, but here." Laughing, she concluded "Not what I was expecting out here, I assure you."

Eloquent Lunatic

The inn keeper gave a nod of attention. "Agreed. After my cousin came for his visit, I thought it would a good idea to change scenery and hide a little, hence the bit of dirty earlier." The glass touched his lips and the alcoholic sweetness of the brew covered his tongue. A cherry flavored honey burned down his throat in a pleasant manner. "I didn't want to risk another assault."

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura looked up, her eyes wide. "A cousin you say? He caused that much trouble? Then a move was deffinately in order." She glanced out a window. "The land is breathtaking here, so I would say it was a good move either way."

Eloquent Lunatic

"Thank you, my dear." He dipped the glass into a basin of shallow soaped water to give it a quick rinse. With the other hand, he gripped a hand towel to wipe out the remaining soap and water from the cup. "I had thought here would be a nice change. The location is particular to my needs." He held the glass firmly in his hand with the towel, dampened bits of fabric draping over his palm. The glass, spotless and sparkling, was then placed back below the counter and the towel placed back to its home beside the basin of water.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura, after a moments thought, passed her empty glass back to G.R. Glancing around and noticing the others seemed lost in thought, sha asked quietly: "Can I ask why it's so central to your needs?"

Eloquent Lunatic

"There's a particular item in the vicinity that I require to sever my contract, giving me total freedom." His eyes glowed a dim red through his glasses. "You know I'm not one for this particular kind of deal, but I had to move the inn somehow, and I may not get enough signatures before the deadline." The maroon glow from behind his glasses faded. G.R. tightened the gloves on his hands, tugging that the wrists and wiggling his fingers. He tipped his hat to Alura and gave a slight bow. "I must tend to my duties. I shall be at the counter." With his free hand, his thumb and forefinger met with pressure and the echo of a snap rung in the air. The inn keeper vanished as if fading from existence before one's eyes. At the same moment, the echo of his snap rung in the foyer as his body appeared as fast it had vanished from behind the bar. The inn keeper stood vigilant at the desk, hoping for another arrival.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
The next morning Alura awoke and got dressed in a comfortable, flowing green outfit suited for the task at hand. Her goal, the library, had books on every topic one could ever want to read about. Browsing through the sections she made a few selections. Hefting the books she made a detour to the kitchen for a tray of finger sandwiches and pitcher of drink. Frowning at the task of carrying both things and possibly causing a big mess she hummed a light tune and the tray dissapeared. She headed out to the foyer where the tray had arrived before her on the coffee table. Setting the books down she picked one and opened it as she sat on the couch and her research began.
Deep in the scorched realm of Netherscape, where demons and devils roam, a black skinned monstrosity scribes a letter on tanned hide. The razor tipped pen etches illegible forms with thick red ink. The blazing winds fight against the obsidian walls of the scribes dwelling. The creature clinks the pen inside an inkwell, and a few drops of beast blood spatters on the stone table before etching a salutation. The scribe with the black hide sets the pen down and rolls up the parchment and seals it with a thumb print, searing it shut. It holds the scroll in both hands, lifting it to eye level and chants a few words in an incomprehensible language that resembles the growling of a dog and the hiss of a snake. When the noise stops, the parchment vanishes with a sound resembling a pop.

-----------------------

An unearthly gust of wind blew upon the inn, an uncomfortable heat filling the lobby. A slight pressure fills the air, making ears dimly ring and grow until a final pop occurs. At this occurrence, a scroll with a seared thumbprint appears on the front desk.

Eloquent Lunatic

G.R. stood at the desk, hopeful in signing another customer into the ledger. The heat in the room grew uncomfortable rather quickly, yet it was a familiar warmth. His eyes grew wide and the color vanished from his skin. "No.. no. This isn't happening." His eyes darted around the room, searching for any signs of disturbance. His ears rang, the sound increased until a pop sounded. A tanned leather scroll appeared atop the ledger. His panic turned to worry when he saw the seared thumbprint. With haste, he opened the top drawer of the counter and slipped the scroll into it. He twisted the key in the lock and put the key into his breast pocket. Once the scroll was safely in the locked drawer, the heat in the air ceased, though sweat still lingered on the innkeeper's face.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff