Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
A hooded figure walked casually through the forest. "This place is wonderful..." She quietly mussed to herself. It was an old forest, full of flora and fauna of all types. She felt more at ease here than she had anywhere else in a long time. That sense of ease faltered as she came around a large tree. The clearing she came upon made her gasp and freeze. It was the same... but how could it be? Emotions clashed as she strode up the walk and took in the many details. It was the same building, down to the last detail, but worn. Narrowing her eyes at the overgrown sign for a moment she climbed the stairs to the front door. Pushing gently opened the slightly askew door with a light creak. Flinching, she carefully entered the foyer. Everything was the same. The outside had her warry, now she was just shocked. She walked slowly towards the check in desk and spotted a familiar book. "I'll be damned..." Looking around again with eyes unclouded she smiled and whispered a name under her breath. If she was right, a whisper should be all that was needed.

Eloquent Lunatic

G.R.'s eye twitched sharply as the hooded figure stepped through the door. The beating sound in his body quickened a little. Fear? Memory? Whatever the reason, this figure made him curious. Before he could get a word out, she spoke. That voice! His eyes brightened and widened. An earthquake in the shape of his body began to tremor. THAT NAME!

"M-may I help you, madam?" The localized tremor shared his emotion with the clarity of a cloudless summer day.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
She paused and regarded the figure behind the desk for a moment, then slid her hood back revealing blue eyes and slightly pointed ears and smiled. "It's been a long time GR... You don't happen to have my room free do you?

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image

Lysandra gave a quick nod to her employer and turned to leave, offering a smile and a soft, "Excuse me," to the hooded woman as she made her exit. She was pleased to see she wasn't the only person there, aside from G.R.

Once she stepped foot outside, she took an immediate right and walked along the side of the manor, making her way around to the back. The building was guarded by many stone gargoyles. She studied their faces curiously, wondering just how long they had been there. The grounds looked as if they hadn't been touched in ages.

Eloquent Lunatic

Expelling the rest of his breath, he takes another one to calm. "Of course." Doubting that this person is who he thinks she is, he fumbles on a usual question. "So, are you here, um.. for one of the, uh.. work.. pay.. clean..JOB! Job.. Here for a job..." Maybe it's not her and he's simply mistaking identity.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
She narrows her eyes for a moment, noting how flustered GR is getting. "Well, I suppose a hostess job would be appropriate, considering the experience I have...But we can discuss that later if you like. Maybe I should get signed in first. I have been traveling quite a while." With that, she took the quill, pricked her finger and signed Alura.

Eloquent Lunatic

The page soaked up the signature as Alura wrote. The inn keeper nodded. "For the times that I may not be able to be at the desk... I may need assistance." He swallowed hard. It is her. "I accept your business offer. I still need an application for the record."

He rested his weight forward, leaning on the desk, staring down at her name. His hands lay flat on either side of the ledger. He said nothing, only racing thoughts and racing organs. He stayed as still as a quaking body is able to, and simply waited.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
"I'll be sure to draft one up for you." Alura stepped back from the desk slowly, and headed for the stairs, glancing back in concern before heading upwards. She stopped outside of her room, number 48. Reaching for the door knob she is surprised to meet the resistance of a barrier field. Stepping back for a moment she pondered the field. Sighing, she held out both hands towards the field and sang a few quiet phrases. This time, the door opened revealing the room. Alura entered slowly, taking in her surroundings. "Well, I'll have to do some cleaning..." Dust everywhere, overturned furniture, she moved to the middle of the room and glanced upwards, noting the scorch mark on the ceiling. Moving her attention elsewhere she smiled, realizing that all the knicknacks and belongings she thought were lost were all here. "Well, time to get to work then." The door closed behind her as she undid her cloak and began to hum a spritly tune.

Eloquent Lunatic

After a little while of slow breathing, he closed the ledger and concentrated on the backs of his eye lids for a few moments. Upon opening them, he murmured to himself. "That was unexpected.." With a snap of his fingers, he was standing outside his room. G.R. gave Alura's door a quick glance, but then rushed through his door. Reaching his arm at the door, a static buzz locked the bolts and chains of his door. His room was barren. A single mattress bed with no canopy or headboard present. His clothing hung in bagged hangers in his wardrobe. His drapes have been sewn shut, and even then, the glass of his windows have long since been painted black. All the lighting in his room has been dimmed to the similar darkness of closing your eyes while trapped in a deep cave. He stood in his darkness wanting to yell, but instead laid upon his spring infested bedding and stared endlessly at the bottomless dark.

Eloquent Lunatic

"Another day.." G.R. began his morning routine. He practiced feigning a smile as he prepared for the day. With a quick snap of his fingers, he appeared behind the front desk. The echo of his snap resounded quietly in the foyer. With a grin he watched the door. "I wonder what's next."

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image
Lysandra pushed open the double doors and stepped inside. She was dressed casually, sporting a pair of gardening gloves and a tawny brown apron. Her coral hair was pulled back in a high ponytail and her pale cheeks were smudged with traces of potting soil.

"Good morning," she yawned when she saw G.R. standing there. She was generally up with the sun, and it seemed as though moving to a new place wasn't going to detract from her usual schedule. "The grounds are coming along nicely. There's a lot of foliage and withered plantlife that needs to be cleared away, but the soil is much more hospitable than I expected. The new flowerbeds shouldn't have any trouble taking root once they're planted."

Her stomach gave a low rumble, reminding her of her negligence. She always ended up skipping meals when she was working. It seemed silly to stop what she was doing and prepare a meal, but she supposed it would be necessary. "Is there anything to eat around here? I don't mind going to town, but I would prefer to stay close if I can."

Eloquent Lunatic

Upon Lysandra's entrance, G.R. raised his left eyebrow and gestured towards the dining room. "There's food in the Dining Room. Once you're seated, speak your desired meal and it will appear on a plate. When finished, state 'Excuse me' and the remains of the dish will vanish."

His gaze turned to the door of the dining room. It's been a while since it has been used. "It may seem like a mess, but you'll find that appearances aren't everything. Please, enjoy your meal."

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image
"Thanks. Sounds convenient."

Well, that was a relief. Even if she wanted to go to town, it wasn't like she had any readily available modes of transportation. There were a few summoning tomes in her travel pack, but she didn't feel like risking her job quite so early in the game. Until her abilities showed considerable signs of progression, she wouldn't be opening any portals or summoning any creatures from other realms.

The dining hall was vast, vacant and -- yes -- messy. She wasn't too discouraged, though. She cleared a small space for herself amid the dusty chairs and took a seat. Breakfast would be a simple assortment of fruit and buttered breads. Dark rye was her favorite. She leaned back in her chair and nibbled on a strawberry as she pondered how to best utilize the rest of the day's sunlight.

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
Alura awoke to the late-day sun streaming in her window. "Ugh... I stayed up way too late cleaning." Thinking back to the frenzy that was the night before she sighed and looked around. Everything was back the way she liked it, and more importantly, clean. The scorch mark was still on the ceiling, but she didn't mind it. As she got up and around her eyes trailed over all the various items she hadn't seen in a long time and smiled. A while later she arrived at the base of the stairs dressed in a matching blue bolero and layered skirt over black leggings,shirt and blue tall boots. Noting that GR was manning the desk she headed to the storage closet and broke out some more cleaning supplies. "I was on a roll last night..may as well see what I can do here." Furniture polish, rag and duster in hand she headed to the door and started to clear away what she could.

Eloquent Lunatic

The host watched the Alura busy about for a bit. Seeing his building in disrepair, he decided that if people were to come, it should be in better condition than ever. G.R. stood erect and tugged on the lapels of his jacket before headed to the supply closet for some cleaning solutions and rags. Where to start? The carpets are worn, but they can hold for a little longer before they absolutely need to be fixed or replaced. The wood may need some time to replace. The freshness of the air will come back as we clean.

G.R. gazed upwards and noticed his chandelier wasn't glistening as brilliantly as it once had. He smirked and gave a nod. "Polishing, it is then." He pondered about simply floating up to the mass of crystals, and if it would bring back memories, scare the new patron, or frighten anyone who may want to sign the book. Opposed to this, he opted to fetch a ladder. With a snap of his fingers, a tall ladder popped into existence in the foyer, standing strong for G.R. to polish the jewel in the foyer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff