Ew~ keep things dead. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
ZOMBIE!! KILL IT!! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 >

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

"Well, there are plenty of books here to learn from. One of the former residents was an archeological librarian of sorts. Some of the rarest books are under lock and key. For reasons."

He gave a waving gesture with his hand as if the concept were a trivial thing. "They are fine. The stone gargoyles are a summoning medium, anyway. They aren't the actual beasts that guard the inn. Though if you wish to be a bouncer, or peace keeper, that can work too."

G.R. began to show great happiness in Justice's intent of working at the inn.

User Image
Where: Dining Room Who: Justice Music: Conversation

Astria Kade's Husbando

Friendly Friend

8,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

"I shall have to find my way there at some point then." Of course the books under lock and key piqued his interest the most, though he didn't mention it. The jackal shifted in the wet robe he wore. "Guarding this place wouldn't take too much out of me, i can help with it." He glanced behind the bar where the other man had been before. "I'll think of what other area I could help with too, until you get more employees." Being a bartender or book-keeper weren't exactly his first choice for work but he'd help with it if it helped with his rapport.

"How do I claim a room here? I'm afraid I need to clean up and rest before i'm able to be of use anywhere." He spoke, talking more about what was on his mind more openly.

WHERE [dining room] ☥ WITH [G. R.] ☥ FEELING [cold]

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

"That is something that I can help you with, my friend." G.R. rose from his seat and stretched his arm to the foyer. "The front desk is this way." The fancifully dressed innkeeper headed through the doorway of the dining room and went behind the front desk. His head bobbed a little as if music were playing in his head, and a feint sound of music could be heard, like a distant imperceptible sound of leaves rustling in the trees outdoors. He placed his hand upon the ledger and opened to the sing in for Residents.

User Image
Where: Front Desk Who: Justice Music: Dance Macabre - Ghost

Astria Kade's Husbando

Friendly Friend

8,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

"Thank you..." The words left his muzzle quietly as if he were turned shy by the graciousness shown towards him. The jackal stayed silent as he followed the man leaving a wide distance between them. His golden hues were trained on the other though would dart left and right as he came upon new surroundings. As he came unto the desk, watching the other as he slipper behind it of course, he repositioned himself to stand on the side opposite. His figure rose slightly as if tensed, though it was more like being more aware of one's current environment. The jackal's front paws pinched the two sides of his robe together in front of him. Again, it was all about being prepared. For what could be anyone's guess. But the important part was he always had a plan. Traveling through time and space will do that to a soul.

"Sign in...of course..." Justice mumbled to himself, waiting a moment before moving a paw out of the opening in his cloak, reaching towards the old tome. The jackal's eyes move for a mere few seconds, following the message atop the opened page. He was stopped a moment, ruminating in his thoughts.

"Hema...is a sacred liquid." The words left his lips, even daring to sound a bit stern and accusatory. At the same time he stared in the other's eyes from under his golden-trimmed brow, a wet shine in both his own eyes. It was an obvious challenge, his emotion flaring up like a rattlesnake. Black, glimmering fur started to stand on end, but only showing in his nape and part of his tail that peeked out the bottom for his damp cloak buried most of his figure.

WHERE [front room] ☥ WITH [G. R.] ☥ FEELING [suspicious, threatened]

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

A hidden and deep sigh escaped through his smile. "You came to find the Inn because you did not feel safe, or you were hunted, alone, in search of a home, or shelter. The Inn recognized that and brought you here. It wants to protect you. However.." His smile began to into a bland, careless gaze, "...it will not protect those who do not trust it."

He took a deep breath and brought the smile back to his lips. "Blood is a primal and precious way to make powerful contracts. This is a form of blood magic, yes. But it uses your blood as a means to recognize you to protect you. Only your blood can enter your room. No variant or duplicate. Only those invited in may enter. The Inn wants you to feel safe. If you cannot trust it, it cannot help you."

User Image
Where: Front Desk Who: Justice Music: Rustling leaves

Astria Kade's Husbando

Friendly Friend

8,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

At the other's words he started to rein his emotions in. Distrust started to wane as he took in what had been explained. Blood for protection, not hexes... He spoke it in his mind. If he did indeed trust the Inn and it's keeper he feared they would take advantage of him with his guard down. But he had to just trust them. Where else could he go? He wasn't sure how long he'd be in this realm and time. There was no sense in giving the wrong impression to the first soul who'd treated him well.

"Apologies...old instincts die hard, you know?"
The jackal glanced to the side, his long ears lowering a bit. Looking back to the book he brought a paw up, a sharp, curved nail pricking the pad on his index finger. Black liquid flowed down the claw there, a strange iridescence shimmering from the fluid. There was a quiet scraping noise as he scribed his name in an old language.

العدل

The signature dried to the parchment surprisingly quick. Curling his fingers into his palm he brought his handpaw down and stepped back. "If this place protects me i will protect it and those in it." The jackal's gaze had softened. It wasn't often he offered to help others but it only felt right in this case.

WHERE [front room] ☥ WITH [G. R.] ☥ FEELING [hopeful]

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

As the signature dried, a warmth surrounded Justice. Like an imperceptibly light comforter draping their form. In the same moment, the lights grew brighter, coloring returns to the wood and painted fixtures. The air seems less dusty and more floral.

G.R. nodded his head slowly with a peaceful grin. "Officially, I welcome you to the Flickering Candle Inn."

User Image
Where: Front Counter Who: Justice Music: Happy Inn

Sparkly Shapeshifter

User Image
User Image

As familiar as Roselivene wanted to believe herself to be with the forest, it was only wishful thinking - Especially, when it came to foreign territory. After attempting to navigate, each twist of obscure branches and every landmark she tried to commit to memory became lost knowledge. She momentarily took a glance at the map she was creating and she could already feel the shame a real cartographer would feel from just looking at it. It was barely helpful. With a groan, the lupine centaur tucked it away and decided to take in the surroundings to the best of her ability.

Nature was beautiful, but not often kind so she remained alert. This particular area seemed to give her goosebumpbs. The azure Lupataur would trek through the brush as she tilted her water skin upsidedown over her open mouth, shaking it like a polaroid picture as if desperately trying to catch non-existent rain. It remained dry, refusing to provide a single drop.

"Fine, be like that." Roselivene sighed, talking to the empty container in a mocking fashion before tucking it away into her satchel. "No water, just a few days worth of rations left, and I don't even know what 'North' means anymore...! Is this it...? Do I have to go back empty-handed...?" She cradled her furrowed brow into her palm with a whimper as her blue ears flattened against her head.

After trying to calm herself and gather her thoughts, Roselivene lowered her hand. Immediately, she found all four paws stunned in place. A large, dark manor confronted her seemingly not too far away. Was that... There before? Why didn't she see it? Is she that bad at navigation her perception didn't catch this until now? The exterior's appearance put goosebumps on her goosebumps. Who lives here? Should she go around? Or...

Despite the flurry of thoughts, the lack of hydration was a driving factor as she withdrew her shell spear from her back and clutched it tightly as she slowly approached the building. "Maybe the people here are nice? Maybe it's abandoned and I can scavenge for supplies? Maybe they're violent?" She muttered quietly to herself, as if attempting to justify the reason to convince herself to investigate and potentially 'break & enter' if need be. "Oh, I don't wanna do this... I don't wanna do this... No. I have to. C'mon, Rosel. Do whatever it takes... Pretend you're doing this for the pack! Remember. Serious. Business. Not funny business. Put on your serious face." The Lupataur rallied herself enough morale to gallop forward with her chest out and shoulders back with a smile.

Before Roselivene knew it, she was at the entrance and knocked on the doors before pulling them open (which defeated the purpose of knocking to begin with). Though, she found herself inside, sheepishly glancing around as her head peeked in with ears rotating to catch sound. There were a couple of voices she tried to eavesdrop on to understand. Were they... Talking? Something about protection? Oh, oh no. Did she have to fight? She didn't want to fight.

The sight of the two individuals at the Front Counter caused a nervous reaction as her blue limbs lightly trembled as she raised her voice. "Hello? I hope I'm not bothering anyone! But, if I could please trouble someone for water? If currency is required, we can make a trade as the village merchants do!" The Lupataur called out as she fully emerged through the entryway with her tail wagging vigorously. After speaking, the atmosphere left her dry mouth agape. As intimidating as the outside could be, the inside offered a sense of ease that washed over her. "Woah..."

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

Just after officially welcoming Justice to the Flickering Candle family, G.R.'s attentions were drawn to the front door. To his amazement, there was a species of creature he hasn't seen before. With a hearty and excited energy, he invites the azure visitor in. "Welcome, friend, to the Flickering Candle Inn. If you are in need of hydration, the dining room and bar is to the left. I will be in shortly to assist you."

Returning his gaze to Justice, he continues. "If you have any questions, speak my name aloud and the inn will inform me that you require my attentions. It seems today is a busy one." With a nod and a smile, he dismisses himself.

"This way, madam." The fancifully dressed man heads to the dining room to be of service to the seemingly thirsty newcomer.

User Image
Where: Between the foyer and Dining Room Who: Blue...I don't know yet, and Justice Music: Ambient violin music

Sparkly Shapeshifter

User Image
User Image

Upon hearing a greeting in response, Roselivene's eyes sparkled as she offered a light bow of her head in acknowledgement. She remained in place for a moment, allowing her gaze to follow in the direction of his guidance.

Though, as he excused himself from the other, she gave a light wave to the individual he was interacting with prior following the Host into the Dining Room. "Thank you so much, this means so much to me!" The Lupataur insisted gratefully.

However, upon entry her jaw nearly dropped upon witnessing the decor. The roses on the tables being especially drawing. "This is such a grand Dining Room! Thank you so much for your kindness. What may I offer you in exchange for the water? I have trinkets and baubles I can offer in return for trade! Or we can just discuss an equivalent!" She assured.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

He continues his path behind the bar and pulls out a large glass and smiled. "No charge. The Inn invited you, so you are a guest." He prepared her drink and placed it upon the counter. "This place isn't the run-of-the-mill mansion in the middle of any woodland."

The water was so clear and pristine that one couldn't tell if there was anything in the glass, or if it had ice cubes in it.

User Image
Where: Dining Room - Bar Who: Thirsty dog-person Music: Ambient violins

Sparkly Shapeshifter

User Image
User Image

With the assurance that payment wasn't necessary, she continued to beam in response. "The Inn invited me? Well, it does feel welcoming and warm! It's so different from the dangers of the wilderness! I will admit, being here is so comforting it almost makes me want not want to leave!" She chuckled, slowly lifting the glass after examining the clarity. It looked so pristine.

Her lips made contact with the glass as she listened to him explain briefly as she sipped. "Where am I, exactly? I'm not familiar with this area, unfortunately... But, your kindness means a lot!"Roselivene insisted after downing the remainder of the entire glass, panting for air afterwards. The surroundings were a lot more comfortable.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

GR is glad the water was quenching. His mind wanders in an attempt to figure out how to explain the inn and its location further. "Technically, I believe we are in what is called a pocket dimension. Like a Bag of Holding, or Bottomless Flask. It is a place where only those that are in need of shelter, security, or sanctuary can find their way. It won't be on any kind of map anywhere."

He poured himself a glass from the same source as her water, but seems to be a fragrant red wine. "As long as one knows how to enter the boundaries, they may return if they leave. And speaking of leaving, one may go back down the road thinking of home, family, work, or whatever their intended destination is and they will arrive from a bush, alley, thicket of trees... it is a strange magic."

User Image
Where: Dining Room - Bar Who: Charming Dog-thing (I should ask soon) Music: Lovely conversation!

Astria Kade's Husbando

Friendly Friend

8,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

"Thank you...G.R." The words fell from his lips quietly as he spoke the name for the first time, his paws holding his cloak closed tightly. A noise from the front door got his attention, his ears swiveling to face the sound. After a quick moment of thought he turned and hurried up the stairs before he could be seen. A blue figure was caught in his glance before he dipper through the doorway upstairs to the rooms.

As he padded down the hallway he took in more of his surroundings. He had taken a room on the top floor so he'd need to climb more stairs. Soon after he came to the staircase and ascended until he couldn't go up any further. His eyes glanced over each door as he passed, looking for his room, number 33. It was only a few doors down from the staircase when he stopped in front of it. The two numbers adorning the door were raised, and interestingly enough were gilded in gold, unlike any of the other ones.

After inspecting what he could on the door he finally reached a paw out and touched the doorknob. The jackal stole a quick glance towards the staircase before pushing the door of his room open and disappearing inside, the door shutting behind him with a soft click.

WHERE [Justice's room] ☥ WITH [No one] ☥ FEELING [safe]

Aged Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Contributor 150

Nivvy slowly blinked her eyes open, rubbing at one eye. She'd found herself having to sit and concentrate on the undergrowth of the entire manor, trying to find the root systems and writing a mental network of the plants that were connected to each other, including the complex system in the greenhouse. "This took a lot more energy than I expect," she muttered as she stood, swaying a bit. Her knee buckled slightly and she caught herself on the edge of a brick plant bedding. "But worth it," she said standing fully and looked around.

The dead growth had left way for green sprouts. Nothing had bloomed yet but it was as if spring had personally visited the conservatory. The outdoor could still use some help but the groundwork in the soil had been set.

She swayed again and touched her stomach as it rumbled, "I suppose I should eat something before I collapse, she swatted at the dirt that had collected on her as she'd sat for.... she'd have to ask the time of someone, ""or maybe a bath."

Where: Green House Who: Alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces