Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

User Image

Unknown

Sweat running down her face, hair flowing in every direction, panic in her breath.

"You can't run from me," the voice boomed behind her with every step he took closer to her, closing in on her. She could feel the helplessness of her situation. There was nowhere safe, nowhere to hide. Eyes darting in every direction for an escape. It was already late in the evening, and everyone was eager to close shop to spend dinner with their family, or loved ones.

Gasping for air, her throat was desperate for a break. Swallowing her saliva hard, her body was trying to comfort the dryness. Legs weakening, she was at her last draw... and she knows that he knows as well.

Traveling down the rather empty street of Barton Town, she turned the corner in hopes of hitting the main street. Nope, luck wasn't in her favor today. Lights were off, stores were closed. The ones that had light was unoccupied with employees, probably on their way to clocking out for the night. Trying out a few doors, rattling a few handles... definitely no luck.

"Try as you may, but no one will be able to help you," he laughed. Yes, he was laughing at her, to tell her just how cornered she really is.

Tripping over nothing, she stumbled to get herself up from the ground. Her back was pierced with the man's stares. It burns. Fear overwrote everything in her as she did her best to survive. This wasn't time to give up yet. Drawing the last of her strength, she wobbled up in shaky legs and began to run again. Chuckles were heard over her desperation.

Whizzing out of breath, vision blurry, she felt herself turned another corner. A restaurant! There were tables and chairs set up outside! As she drew near, the words 'cafe' flashed across her eyes as she felt her spirit come crashing down. No. Cafes aren't open this late...

However, lights could be seen, and she decided to make a leap of faith towards the door. If she is lucky, it will open. If not, she'll be captured once more. Running towards the door, she pushed with more strength than needed as it swung open inward. Unable to balance herself, she stumbled in and fell flat on the ground. Her hair flowed across the floor as if they were in water. Breathing hard and listening diligently.

There was no footsteps.
          Her eyes rolled upward as they closed with relief. Thank goodness. He didn't follow in...

{ For those who want to reply to me. Your character will be stuck until tomorrow afternoon... it's 11pm. Be warn. I will be back around noon or 1pm. }

Obsessive Cultist

II Little China DoLL II
Tynan had carried several of her parcels and was on her way through the door with the last armful, setting it with the rest of her purchases at the table nearest the door. Tynan was straightening the bags and boxes so they wouldn't topple over onto the floor when the Bell on the door rang suddenly. Probably another customer Tynan thought to herself. Until she heard the ragged breathing.
A quick check around the cafe and to Sohalia revealed that everyone was still busy; too busy deal with this new drama. Just the short time Tynan had spent around the Cafe told her this couldn't be anything but drama. Tynan ran her hands down the front of herself, smoothing her clothing as well as preparing mentally for what had walked into the cafe behind her.

Ready, she turned around and was immediately met with.... nothing? There was no one standing in the doorway, causing Tynan's eyes to drop to the woman on the ground. Yep. This was definitely some new drama. Tynan crouched down and grabbed the woman, gently, by her upper arm and hand and guided her to a seat.

"Hello, I'm Tynan. Are you okay?" She asked kindly to the stranger.

{{{OOC- emo I couldn't just not help. So now I'm stuck DX }}}
Alarmingly Charming

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={Holy balls, I miss a day and there's three bloody pages of glorious RPing... and is this doll? As a character and not just as mobile scenery? EXCELLENT! Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Also, Sisbera, don't forget to have Tynan talk to Van about installing a secure cat-door for her apartment. He is the superintendent of the building after all.}=-

Vynanstvi was broke from his nigh meditative trance by the somewhat explosive opening of the front door to the cafe. He started quite thoroughly and fell backward chair and all; clattering to the ground to the tune of stone, wood, ceramic and metal all banging together. He landed hard on his back which knocked the wind temporarily out of him and the action disturbed his bandoleer and his vest. Several of his smaller possessions extricated themselves from pockets and pouches, spreading out over the ground. Quite a sight, really.

Van blinked away the blur to his vision and pushed himself up on his elbows. Ever the figure of grace, or so he told himself as he un-sprawled himself from the chair and hopped up into a crouch, recovering his possessions and putting them in their proper pocket or pouch. The leather bags housing his supply of Dust had stayed closed, thankfully, so none of that to clean up. It was then as he started to right the chair that he looked around. There were two gentlemen wearing shirts with the emblem of the local pet shop standing by a pile of purchases. One of them shot a glance, apparently they'd both born witness to his fall. A slight shrug to the shorter one's shoulders suggested they'd had a small laugh at his expense. A quick visual scan of the items and he decided it was for someone who had just come into possession of a cat. A cat. Chii, maybe? Perhaps this was Tynan's work. Mana she worked quickly.

Dax stretched and rotated his shoulders as he walked past the two men, the taller of whom snickered just a bit as he did. Laugh it up, everyone falls once in awhile. A cold feeling across the back of his neck and he whirled on his heels both hands flashing to Asayake's grip. This startled the two workers who cast looks first at each other, and then him, and then behind them for his eyes were across the street in the shadows of an alley. What was there. What ill will bode it. He relaxed after a moment. Whatever it was had decided to hide for now, to watch. Let it watch. Dax clicked his tongue and removed his hands from Asayake before coming back 'round and pulling the door open.

"Dozed off a bit there, what did I miss?"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sohalia's head snapped away as she heard several different loud noises from the other end of the cafe. Her first thought was, 'What in all the hells?!' and her second was, 'Can I ever see any peace?!' The first thing she saw was a girl stumbled in through the door, landing sprawled out across the cafe floor and the door slamming behind her. The bell above the door rang wildly from the commotion and was immediately followed by Dax falling in his chair.

Xero was immersed in his phone at the moment so Sohalia stood, slamming both her hands on the table as she stared at the few that just came in. The cafe had gone silent with the ruckus. Her purple eyes scanned the cafe, watching as several sets of eyes came upon her.

"What in all the hells is going on with people today?" Her voice was stern and had more than a hint of anger to it. In fact, once she noticed it, her head fell down and hung from her neck. Her own hair fell over her face as she drew in several long, deep breaths to regain control over herself. That alone time she needed? Yeah, she was regretting not going up to her apartment.

"Dax, will you please turn the sign to the cafe closed and lock the door. Its time to close shop, so whomever is left here need to finish up their business and leave soon. Once you're ready, I will open the door for you."
as he finished looking at his phone "well thats done hopefully she'll stop" then he looks up at her face and then looks back down at his phone while shoving it into his pocket.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lil diabloman

Sohalia raised her head to Xero as she spoke. Under the mess of hair over her face, she couldn't see him properly so she raised a hand to brush her hair back by running her fingers through and pulling it back behind her. She took another deep breath before addressing him.

"If I hire you, is your phone going off going to be a problem?" she asked, "And what did you say your experience was?"
"no that wont be a pr-problem" as he shook his head to go with what he said 'for my e-experince i started cooking at a early age from meals to beverages i was the president of the cooking club and im now g-going t-to a college for c-culinary arts".

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"Sure, love." Vyhnanstvi turned right back around and pushed the door open, leaning out and nodding at the two pet shop helpers outside. "Hey we're closing up shop. I'm about ninety-five percent certain that all belongs to one of my tenants, so bring it all inside and you can split." He flipped the sign to closed and propped the door open with a wedge as the two shop handlers did just that. He left them to it and crossed the cafe, pausing only momentarily to gently pat Sohalia's butt as he passed. Surely the gesture timed as it was would draw her ire, and he hoped she would direct it properly at him and not snap at the apparent applicant in front of her.

Van smirked to himself as he slipped his apron back on and slid in next to Gilderoy at the sandwich station. "I've got these last wraps, Gilder. Go in back and make sure the dishes get done. Once whatever's back there now is washed go on home." He smiled politely at the green-haired young man who flushed and nodded before grabbing the wash tub and disappearing into the kitchen. Quickly from practice, he wrapped the remaining sandwiches on the station carefully in paper, sliding each into a separate bag marked with the cafe's emblem. He checked the tickets on his board and matched them to the sandwiches, taking the remainder of the chips and popped corn and distributing them evenly between the evening's last to go orders.

Distribution was the next step, and Dax did so dutifully. The few who remained couldn't stop talking about the commotion last minute. And a few mentioned strange things that had happened earlier in the day, like that man with the blue glow. One by one the day's final customers left, and so did the pet shop workers after everything was shifted indoors. He closed and latched the door, leaving only himself, Sohalia, and the other 'players' in this little drama.

-={Speedy post is speedy.

This is kind of taking Van out of direct interaction with existing characters. The actions of this post cover about the next thirty minutes of "In-Game" time and if other things pop up, Van will assist but return to the 'closing duties'.

No, Doll, I didn't forget your human character. She'll be addressed next.}=-

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"And the stuttering? Am I to expect that to continue?" Sohalia inquired, continuing the stand, "While a barista position doesn't require you to talk to customers very much, it does require you to talk to me or the waitresses, at the very least. Are you just nervous?" Her tone of voice was slightly agitated, not necessarily at him but in general. The day was winding down, it was dark out, and she was beginning to become tired. The night was going to be long and it was weighing on her shoulders heavily.

Dax passed around by her, unnecessarily, and gave her a playful slap on her behind. Her head turned sharply and her eyes narrowed at his back as he walked away, half tempted to throw her cup of coffee at him. It made her realize just how strained she was and finally took her seat, glaring at Dax on her way down.

"Bring me a refill, please!" she called to him or Gilderoy, whomever got to it first before finishing off what was left in her cup as she turned back to Xero.

"Forgive me. I am not upset at you, Xero."
"the Stu-stuttering is from nervousness" as he scratched his head "i havent interacted with alot of people while growing up"

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={See Gilder's NPC profile in my latest journal post}=-

Gilderoy nodded to himself as he caught Ms. Finley's request, popping in to the kitchen and right back out. He swayed slightly as he walked, turning sideways to shimmy down to the coffee station. He snatched up the still-steaming carafe of Mr. Dax's special brew, taking note there was only about enough left in it to refill the requested cup before a new pot would need to be brewed. Of course this was perfect as they were closing. He couldn't stop himself from curtsying to the young man Sohalia was speaking with before taking her cup from her and filling it nearly to the brim, just the dregs left in the bottom of the pot without a single drop spilled.

"Mister Dax has given me permission to leave after finishing the current dishes, Miss Sohalia." Gilder couldn't stop himself from adding the honorifics and being ever so polite. It was in his nature, despite the many times previous and pending that Ms. Finley... Miss Sohalia. Sohalia. Had chided him for being so overly formal. Vyhnanstvi had also expressed his displeasure at the formalities, but around customers and others he just couldn't help himself. He curtsied again and folded his hands behind him as he did, the nearly empty pitcher hanging loosely but not out of control from his fingers.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"Well, Xero, I'd like for you to work on that. You start tomorrow afternoon, around one, unless you have school on Sundays. We'll go over more about working here then," Sohalia responded as she held out her glass for Gilderoy. Her eyes followed him as he flounced about the shop in the way that he did. Curtsying and whatnot. He was an odd fellow, and she was well aware as to why he was the way he was. Once her mug was filled, she took a sip of it. It was stronger than she liked, having forgot to ask for cream and sugar but she would manage.

"Thank you, Gilderoy. And please, call me Sohalia. You know I hate such titles." Sohalia glanced up at him for another few seconds from her seat, giving him a look of displeasure at being referred to as 'Miss Sohalia'. Tynan had been doing the same lately, but Gilderoy had been here longer to know. The stare at him held a moment before she looked back to Xero, holding the rim of the mug to her chin and in both hands.
Alarmingly Charming

Gemini looks half bewildered. "They're all taken care of. And I know, that's why I said later..." She's a bit confused by Sohalia's tone since she hadn't interrupted anything but Sohalia looking at her computer and the guy being on his phone. Putting a hand to her mouth she looks down. "I'm sorry Ma'am." Moving to a chair she sits and looks down at her folded hands.

Lily stands now, use to this reaction. Walking over to Gemini she nuzzles her hands trying to bring her back. "You're not back there. You're here and you're safe. You know she's not like him. Snap out of it."

Gemini just stares down, not reacting to Lily at all. Her eyes look hollow and she's unmoving. 'Good girls are seen and not heard.' 'Good girls don't talk back.' Lost in her thoughts she just stares into her folded hands in her lap.
"oh there will be no problem ,and ill w-work on the stu-stuttering problem too" as he looked at Sohalia "tomorrow wh-whenever your free i'd like t-to set-up a appointment for living in the apartments"

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Love Renewed

Sohalia glances over to Gemini as she backs away to sit down in a seat. Inadvertently, she had hurt her. Her lips turned down into a frown instead of the half smile she had plastered on her face, which in turn caused her whole body to slump a bit. With puckered lips, Sohalia blew on the hot coffee a bit before sighing softly.

"Gemini, please don't be upset. Just be more aware next time. You knew this gentlemen was here to see me, so it would only make sense that if he were sitting with me I would be interviewing him, or at least having a discussion, yes? As a long time employee of my shop, I value your input but I do not appreciate being interrupted with things that can wait when I am conducting business," she said, her voice still a bit stern but moreover gentle that it had been in the last few minutes, "I am very tired, dear. Its been a long day. Why don't you go on home for the night, rest up for tomorrow, and we can talk then."

At that point, Xero pipped up again. Sohalia returned her attention to him and smiled. Hopefully he would be less bashful tomorrow.

"We will discuss that tomorrow as well. You have arrangements for somewhere to stay tonight, yes?"

lil diabloman

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces