Welcome to Gaia! ::

After a few moments, she started to calm down. She always seemed to be calm once she enters this establishment. She takes one last drink and sets it down, the bottle still pretty full.
She takes a deep breath, taking in her own foul scent which caused her to cough. She makes a face as she sat back into her seat. "Dammit...why cant I stay angry?" she asked herself a loud with a small chuckle.

Dapper Lunatic

She shrugged. "Either later, or we could move. Isn't there a lounge upstairs?" Iolla remained seated, waiting to see if Sardon wanted to talk or not. "It's better to get it off your chest, instead of letting it steep and become utterly bitter." Like tea.

((ASDGDGD GOING TO BE SHORT POSTS FOR A BIT. RAGING AT SOMETHING.

GUYS KLAXONS AND SAFETY ROOMS DO NOT EXIST IN PRE-CHRISTIAN IRELAND SETTINGS.

EVEN WITH MAGIC.

YOU DO NOT DO THAT s**t BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH ELECTRICITY SUCH USES. ALSO HOW DID YOU ASSPULL ELECTRICITY

ESPECIALLY THE SUDDEN SLABS OVER DOORS AND FILTERED AIR REBREATHER THNG.
))

Gekko

"Oh, those are windows?" Raechele asked in confusion, wondering why windows were placed underground, "...I thought those were TVs, since all sorts of weird stuff was playing through them...huh..." Is this 'enchanted' stuff some new kind of technology? Like emetic sciences? Though she couldn't make heads or tails of it, it interested her so; learning new things always did.

Feeling the quickest option would be to ask the source of info, Rae curiously popped the question, "...you keep mentioning this enchanted stuff, and runes, and stuff... what exactly is all that?" She had never been in contact with anything magical up until this point, save for that phony magic like pulling a coin from an ear, and what not.

The comment on difficulty staying angry caught her attention. "...well," Raechele started, returning a kindly smile to the stranger, "Maybe you're just naturally supposed to be cheery? The world needs more people like that, that's for sure." It was her mission in life to spread the cheer, though she had gone and spread it in the wrong place several months ago. She tried not to think of him too much though.

(( ...having a problem with people who can't understand the concept of time? I know that feel, sis. Urgh. ))
Pity that she had been sitting with her legs folded underneath her, sorting the envelopes which were now in several neat piles before her. Naida stood up in her room with a grimace. Stretching her legs out one at a time, the numb limbs soon stung with pins-and-needles. It took some time for feeling to come back to them. Eventually she walked out the door and went upstairs to the main floor of the tavern.

Her cork sandals mildly echoed throughout the tavern. As usual it was fairly quiet and peaceful, yet not too quiet, as the patrons talked casually amongst themselves. The scents of alcohol and the faint traces of cigarette smoke were very relaxing.

She gave Sardon a grin, "Sup", seeing him behind the bar, drinking something she couldn't, and didn't bother to, make out from one of the many bottles.

She rifled behind the bar and found a clean cloth. She ran it under the tap for a moment before wiping it over her face, ridding it of a very delicate, thin layer of sweat and grime. The woman stayed like that for a moment, her chest rising and falling with each slow deep breath, before running the rag under water again and slinging it over the tap.

Shameless Exhibitionist

"Sure," he nodded to Iolla, smiling faintly. "And I wouldn't know, I've only ever been to the arena, this room, the beach, the hot-springs and the bedrooms." He points out, shrugging. "If there is, I dunno where it is." There had to be one though... the only problem would be finding it, and the house seemed to extend down instead of up, into the very rock of the planet itself.

As Naida appeared, greeting him, Sardon smiled faintly and passed her a wave - making sure to point out the pancakes that were currently resting on the bar in a large stacked tower to her also. "I made pancakes for everyone for breakfast, feel free to take a few. There's also syrup by the side."

(( Bwahaha, gotta love continuity and logic errors.

Short post is shoorrrrrt. ))
Hearing a female's voice near her, Darriyah turned to look where the source was. She couldn't help but to smile at Rae. "That may be true. Being away from my clan has calmed me so." she chuckled lightly.

Dapper Lunatic

((I wouldn't be so pissed except it's a goddamn mod, and how another mod turned down this pretty cool magitechist character who made adaptations on existing tech(Like turning an alchemical cylinder into a flamethrower, for one) and used the game's in-setting science of magic to make plausable mechinations.

Instead, SUDDENLY SAFETY ROOMS.

Jesus ******** Christ.))

"Hm... You look for such while I enlighten Rae about magic?" She had heard the name tossed around by Dor last night, standing up from her chair and dusting off her hands.

"The best way to explain it is visually, though explaining runes to someone new to the art is tricky... So perhaps I'll show you a bit of what I mean, seeing as you seem to be dealing with leeches..." Iolla opened up what looked to be a small canteen at her hip as she approached Rae, a wry smile on her face as she gestured to such. And thus the water began to gravitate out of the canteen, floating in the air in odd shapes before reforming into a sphere. "Magic."

((Impending SAN damage in three, two...))
Naida straightened herself from leaning against the wall, saying, "Eh, might 's well. Thanks!" She still needed to restock her supply of instant noodles back in her hotel room anyway. There would be time to go out later and stop by the nearest drug store...which, chances were, wouldn't be so near. That was one of the cons of working in a tavern at the end of a peninsula.

She picked up a pancake from the top of the pile then sat down on her stool behind the counter. Not bothering to go get a plate or any syrup, she took a bite of it as if it were some type of floppy cookie.

Her eyes fell on Iolla as the water floated in front of the woman. That particular use of hydromancy would be something useful in entertaining three-year-olds perhaps, but nevertheless Naida seemed interested enough by it.

It was...pretty.

Gekko

(( ...ಠ_ಠ I'd call them retarded, but retards would take offense to being grouped with them. ))

"Well then, hold on to that feeling," Rae added, giving a light jab at Darriyah's shoulder, "I hate seeing people in a crappy mood."

Suddenly, distraction. Raechele was a tad enthralled by Iolla's little water-bending performance; it was a theoretical practice she had only seen tossed around in emetic sciences. "Whoa... how... do you do that?!" The complete lack of scientific influence was what really astounded her, since she had been raised on it all her life. "That was really something livid! Is that a common thing, or was it just discovered?" She had so many questions, yet so little time. An entire new field to look into, it excited her so.

(( The talk of sanity damage brings memories of some old H.P. Lovecraft board game, can't remember the name exactly. ))

Shameless Exhibitionist

A nod as Sardon stands, moving to see if there was any upstairs. Hmm, there was... stairs he hadn't seen before, but probably because he hadn't been paying attention, lead up to an area that he hadn't yet visited. He ascended them, heading up to the lounge. Taking a look around, he smiled - it was perfect. Nobody was up here, it was cool and the seats definitely looked comfortable. Turning around, he descended the stairs and moved back to the bar, standing beside Iolla with a light smile.

They seemed quite enthralled with her simple shape-changing of the water. He watched himself, running over the instructions in his head as he blinked lightly, folding his arms in front of his charcoal grey waistcoat.

(( Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! ))

Dapper Lunatic

((I was a bit angry they started the event thirty minutes before I went to bed... Rereading the logs, I'm glad I didn't go. Gotta love ******** of RPs, though this makes me worried about how my King in Yellow event may've turned out.

And I think Call of Cthulhu is the game you're thinking of.))

"Well, where I'm from, it was uncommon." Suddenly, the ball of water froze completely as she gave a small clap, keeping it in the air before she set her hands below such and caught it. "Here, it seems to be more of a commodity. I was born with such an ability to use magic, though most magicians typically are schooled."

The sphere of ice rolled around in her hand a bit, not melting. "Though, I was more based off of fire in my youth... Sciences do still apply, though." While her knowledge was rudimentary for this timeframe, it was comparably advanced for her home. "For example, if the air was too dry, or I didn't have the canteen to base it off of? It wouldn't work." She smiled a bit. "In that case, though, I could just do something... different." She held the sphere in one hand, taking out a piece of paper with her other. As she held it between her pinkie and ring finger, she snapped her fingers--- And suddenly, it was on fire.
"Were you schooled 't all?", Naida questioned. "Even if y' were born with it though, y'd still have t' learn how t' use it effectively", she added, turning her head to the side a bite as she watched the paper ignite. That was pretty too, though a bit less facinating. She had formed the water into shapes after all. "I don' believe I've ever heard o' someone who was born a magic user an' could use it t' its full potential." Even the special gifted people needed help. "Y' teach yerself how t' control things like that-" She nodded, pointing from the sphere to the fire. "-er did someone else?"

Shameless Exhibitionist

That was exactly how Sardon had been brought to the Tower, his school of magic where he was taught, and also took a job - currently, without using his full title, he was Lead Professor of Alchemy - something that usually ended up in him destroying his entire room every two or three days in a violent explosion, but nevertheless, it was entertaining... in a "will it or will it not kill me" kind of way.

Gekko

(( Ah, yep. That's the one. I played it once with a friend and flubbed up magnificently because the rules made as much sense as...well, they didn't :/

And I'll leave my ******** in shoot 'em ups, thank you. ))

"...whoa..." Raechele had a sort of child-like wonder to her, idly watching the show and trying to devise a possible way she could replicate it. The pyrotechnics added even more flare to her interest. "...that's, really, really...impressive..." She was at a loss of words, unsure how to describe the phenomena.

(( Short post is short :/ ))

Dapper Lunatic

((Gaia suddenly wasn't loading for me. <_<; ))

"I was, though not publicly. My mother taught me. Sorcerers and wizards learn a bit differently, or did where I'm from. Intuition, emotion, and movement compared to chanting spells and books, ah?" The witch smiled a bit, crushing the on fire paper in her hand, and suddenly dropping the sphere of ice -- Which immediately melted upon hitting the ground. Iolla kneeled, putting a hand over such and pulling away; The water pulled itself off the floor, though now with particulates in such. "Though, seeing as wizards were more common than sorcerers... I ended up learning a fair bit from books, too. Theories that when you put your mind to it correctly, they translate into what you're doing." Well, that and she did want to know how her abilities worked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff