Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Hunter

String x Theory
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Fray didn't realize she'd kind of offended Saria. but she saw the look on her face. "Uh.. I mean.. do you know anyone else that could officiate it?" She asked. Rebekah didn't seem to care about the comment much. "Nik can come to the ceremony, too, right? Assuming we release him in time--" She was cut off when Kira entered, beaming a smile at the angel. "Speak of the devil, I was just looking for you. I'm trying to sort out this spell. I think we have all we need for it."

"What's it require? The lion, witch, and the wardrobe?" Fray quipped with a smirk. Spells always seemed to be so complicated with so many varying ingredients. She glanced back to Saria and chuckled when she mentioned vervain. "For my bouquet, I want wildflowers of all sorts of colors, along with sunflowers. Perhaps we could do the same on the arch. Throw in some vervain, too," She said, glancing at Rebekah who rolled her eyes at the two.

She laid out her mother's grimoire on the counter for Kira to look at. The page read: Phasmatos Tribum, Salve Sorce Das. Phasmatos Eliximo Nominum, Etrinox Sorce Sotero Callux Oxtara. There was a list of ingredients listed, most of which Rebekah had collected or access too. She simply lacked the magic and connection with nature to perform the spell.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Two girls were walking hand in hand, taking in the quiet scenery on the outskirts of Barton Market. The first one, standing at about 5'2" in her platform dolly shoes, wore a dark red rococo dress and had her ivory hair styled in two curly ponytails at either side of her head, crimson eyes gazing at the lovely flowers that lined their path. The second, standing 5'5" in her converse sneakers, wore a casual loose black dress over leggings and let her raven locks rest down her back, her yellow hues gazing lovingly down at her companion.

The first stopped in her tracks as her eyes caught the briefest glimpse of a familiar little shadow creature and gazed up at the taller girl. ~Susan...did you see that? It looked like...~ Susan looked inquisitively ahead and squeaked in surprise as she spotted a little heartless peaking out from behind the bushes set in front of a victorian style house. The two looked at each other and smiled, climbing the steps up to this mystery house to see what was inside.

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna

Sheriff Grimes

Saria nodded as Fray described the wildflowers. She'd throw in some of her own creations too, and she shook her head when Fray asked about another officiant. Rivaldaer was the only one she knew. Her attention shifted when Vin entered into the bar, leaning against the entrance. She nodded a silent greeting, but her attention shifted once more when two girls entered in. Time to play barkeep. The elf straightened up a bit, instinctively grabbing two empty glasses in preparation for the orders which were bound to come.

"Hello, ladies." Saria called out in greeting, motioning with her hand an invitation to come sit at the bar. "Welcome to the Heartless Manor."
Mohan was, indeed, in the lab again. (surprise!)

He had several rolls of fabric stretched before him, a very special kind that he had created to be able to morph with the wearer - that is, if it was being worn by someone with morphing abilities, such as a werewolf, kitsune, or shapeshifter like himself. He had a roll of black out and he was meticulously cutting shapes out of the material, obviously putting together some sort of garment. He adjusted his glasses on his face momentarily as he paused, making sure he was following the pattern correctly, before he continued with the cutting. Snip snip snip.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
String x Theory

Hearing the name of this place and seeing other little shadow creatures peeking out from the corners, Nightingale and Susan knew they would be safe here. The two took a seat at the bar, the paler of the two perusing through the menu while her yellow eyed friend smiled warmly at the elf behind the bar. "Hello, my friend and I are new in town. Can you suggest any places we might be able to stay for a few nights?" Night poked Susan's arm and pointed to something on the menu which the taller girl read before turning back to the lady behind the bar. "And two shirley temples please?"

{Night}{Susan}

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna

Saria nodded at the requests, pouring some ice into the two glasses and filling with grenadine, sprite, and a cherry and lemon wedge on top of each. She slid the cocktails towards the two girls, immediately noticing that the two seemed pretty comfortable, which was the opposite of the norm. Usually people waltz in with a chip on their shoulders, cautious towards attackers, and being extra curious about the shadow creatures, but these two girls seemed to settle in as though they were coming home from a long journey.

"My name's Saria." The elf introduced, leaning her hip against the bar counter as she watched the two, expecting an introduction in return. "What brings you this far out of town?"

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sheriff Grimes

"Devil? I think you have me confused with someone else." Kira mused in jest, smiling wide as her snowy wings adjusted themselves behind her. She took a sip of her herbal tea, moving to peer over this opened book that smelled like time and old magick. Holding the warm mug in one hand, she carefully followed the handwriting with her brows knit together in thought. That must be the incantation, and these are the ingredients needed. Well it seemed simple enough.

"Your mother knew her practice well... I wonder if you or your siblings have inherited any of that talent..." Kira wondered aloud, knowing that her descendants were naturally more magically inclined in one way or another. She took another sip of her tea. "Perhaps this should be performed outside, away from patrons...?"

Because nothing spelled out fun better than a probably starved vampire waking from a very long nap in a populated building... At least in the woods, he'd be able to freely hunt back to his senses.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
String x Theory

Night smiled in appreciation for her drink a set a few gold coins down on the bar to pay for the shirleys. One sip and the sweetness made her grin with joy, causing Susan to chuckle warmly at the sight, taking a sip herself before responding to the bartender. "It's lovely to meet you Saria. My name's Susan, and this is Nightingale. We arrived in Barton just a few hours ago and found this end of town quieter than the main market. Although we never imagined we would find..." She trailed off as she noticed a little shadow creature peering up at her from the floor and smiled warmly down at it, tapping her lap and allowing it to scurry up her legs and settle upon her thighs.

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna
String x Theory

Night smiled in appreciation for her drink a set a few gold coins down on the bar to pay for the shirleys. One sip and the sweetness made her grin with joy, causing Susan to chuckle warmly at the sight, taking a sip herself before responding to the bartender. "It's lovely to meet you Saria. My name's Susan, and this is Nightingale. We arrived in Barton just a few hours ago and found this end of town quieter than the main market. Although we never imagined we would find..." She trailed off as she noticed a little shadow creature peering up at her from the floor and smiled warmly down at it, tapping her lap and allowing it to scurry up her legs and settle upon her thighs.

Oh, a patron that is familiar with the heartless? Saria was certainly curious now, watching the two girls with heightened interest.

"It seems you're familiar with the heartless creatures." She said, tilting her head slightly as she did so. This was very unusual. "Have you been here before? Or, have you run into them before?" Saria herself had never seen these funny creatures except for here on the property, so she was interested in know if they existed elsewhere.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
String x Theory

Oh, a patron that is familiar with the heartless? Saria was certainly curious now, watching the two girls with heightened interest.

"It seems you're familiar with the heartless creatures." She said, tilting her head slightly as she did so. This was very unusual. "Have you been here before? Or, have you run into them before?" Saria herself had never seen these funny creatures except for here on the property, so she was interested in know if they existed elsewhere.

Night's head lifted from her drink and she looked over at Susan, who looked back at her dear companion. ~Should we tell her? I think of all the places we've been, this would be the safest to just be ourselves...~ Night's words were heard only in Susan's mind, and the raven haired teen smiled and patted Nightingale comfortingly on the head before again turning back to Saria. "Actually, as it happens I am a heartless myself, and Night here is too. Well, partially. It's quite the story." Susan laughed a bit nervously, petting the little heartless in her lap lovingly.

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna

The elf's eyes widened with surprise, eyebrows arching up as she listened to the girl's explanation. It was very hard to surprise Saria, but these girls managed to do it within 5 minutes of showing up. Her expression changed from surprise to curiosity as her eyes narrowed a bit, looking between Susan and Night.

"Are you Nobodies then?" She asked, since Susan had said they were partial heartless. For anyone who was in the bar and was not familiar with heartless, this would certainly be an interesting conversation. Saria rarely explained he heartless beyond the notion of shadows which devour hearts. The concept of Nobodies had never even been brought up in the history of the manor.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
String x Theory

Nobodies? The girls looked at each other as if having an internal dialogue, Night shaking her head at Susan. Susan turned back to Saria, rubbing the back of her head. "Not exactly...Like I said before, it's quite the story." To try and remove some of the confusion, Night began to unbutton the top few buttons of her blouse, pulling open the left side and revealing a unique symbol over her heart.

User Image

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna

A blank expression. Saria had no idea what the symbol meant. She knew some of the history of heartless and the concept of nobodies, but truth was that she and Fray had purchased this manor with the heartless already scurrying around. She knew what she knew from books in the library, never any first-hand experience with the creatures, how they came to be, or why they seemed so drawn to the manor.

She pulled out a glass for herself and casually began to make herself a rum runner. She wasn't sure if the girls wanted to tell their long story or not. She wasn't one to pry, but she was also very interested in this story now. These were the first patrons who could potentially give some insights into the history of the manor, or at least why the heartless were so drawn to it.

"I'm sorry, I don't recognize that symbol." She confessed.

Shy Bunny

10,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
String x Theory

Night pulled a small sketchpad from her purse, sipping her shirley temple and scrawling on a blank page. Susan continued to smile warmly at the confused bartender, stroking the purring creature on her lap. "You know that heartless are created from the darkness is people's hearts, correct? The shadows consume the heart and creates new life, leaving a husk which is what would be called a nobody." She picked up the little shadow heartless and lifted it up, attempting to find a symbol similar to the one on Night's chest but finding none. "Nightingale was born, not created. She has a mother and father, her father being a heartless. I however was created, by Night no less." She paused as she noticed Night shrinking down into her seat, placing the shadow creature gently on the floor and scooting closer to her companion to comfort. "It's a painful memory for her, but I'm thankful...We have an unshakeable bond, each day we spend together we both become stronger...Right Nightshine?" She whispered the last bit for Night's benefit, who nodded slowly, continuing to scrawl on her sketchpad, before turning it around to show Saria. Words were written on the page that read:

The energy in this house is very warm and welcoming. Would there be any possibility we could stay here for a few days while we catch our bearings?

Thieving Rogue

Miss Shion-Esuna

Saria listened intently. Yes, she understood what the heartless were and what nobodies were. She was interested in hearing that Night was half-heartless by birth, something she never thought possible, and then quirked a brow again about how Susan was created by Night. That would be a story for another day, though, as Night scribbled her request for a room. She nodded, eyes shifting towards the door as she spoke.

"Second floor is the rooms. Just find one that's unlocked and claim it as your own. Stairs are right out in the hallway there, and the rest of the house is free reign, except for other rooms of course, and the attic. Those are off limits."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff