Welcome to Gaia! ::

lizardman ((mummyman3))

User Image
Oh.

Mohan grimaced as Ethrios showed Mohan the whole scope of the matter; his inability to talk without slowing down time, his punishment for assisting humans, and the explanation that the hourglass was the source of power, not Ethrios himself. Mohan didn't quite know how to respond, especially when Ethrios ended his telepathic imagery and began to walk on his hands once again. He furrowed his brow.

What does one even say to that? The doctor exhaled slowly, one of those that's rough, buddy kind of sighs, before taking a sip of his coffee again.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Ethrios fell on his back and just laid there, staring at the ceiling, sighing he felt bored. There was so much to do now, he did not know what he wanted to do first. Blinking he looked up at everybody who was present, then turned his head back at everything else, then it hit him jumping to his feet he walked to the bar counter. Waving a hand again a gameboard appeared, instead of chess it was battleship, the classical wartime battle boat game. He looked at Mohan, it was really the only game he couldn't cheat at, because he could not predict what moves would be made clearly. It was the ultimate game to challenge any god to, he remembered trying to get Thanny to play, did not bode so well. Shrugging the thought away he waved at Mohan, and began putting his pieces into play, so many variables that he actually paid more attention to his board then the enemy. He even had a pen and paper pad to write his guesses down, he would have had the stupidest look on his face had a mouth, but such would not be the case instead he looked focused, he really wasn't.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

"I owned a taco truck once. Fusion style thing with a Filipino co-worker of mine. We lasted only two years before each of us got tired of running the damn thing." So Agarwaen knew how Saria must of felt with the lack of customers. "I could help you with the re-branding slash re-opening by the way." The elf said as he opened the door for the blue haired elf."When I'm not busy working I have lots of free time I dedicate to nothing." Unbeknownst to everyone the dude who went by Douglas moonlighted as a couch potato.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Saria nodded a silent 'thank you' as Agarwaen held the door opened for her. Manners! She was a fan of manners. "You mean your job at the Alibi?" She asked. "I appreciate the offer. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to focus on the Alibi, or wherever else you are staying, considering it is probably busier and more entertaining. Plus, you got yourself a hot roommate."

Saria winked at him, referring to the bar tender who was in a sour mood last time she was there. She was teasing Agarwaen, but at the same time she wanted to see his reaction. A test.

"Buuut, that being said, if you want to stick around, I will certainly use your help."

Appearance: Long blue hair (styled in a half-up three-layer braid), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Clothes: Elvish leather-brown casual dress with turquoise blue accents
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back

Omnipresent Poster

Vintrict was seated on the hood of his silver Bentley off to the side of the premises. He was looking to the landscape with his white hair fluttering with the occasional gust. He was thinking.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

Certainly the elf was mature enough to handle Saria's question with grace. But no, the elf seemed to think a few seconds as he obviously tried to outfox the woman and her loaded query. "Didn't know that." Agarwaen said in a casual, matter of fact way before following the fellow elf inside. "Sounds like a plan Saria." Commuting wasn't hard for Douglas, not when he didn't have to pretend.

"Well. Here I am."

String x Theory

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

((The day is feeling stale. Switching it up and skipping ahead. Hope no one minds!))

Saria was in the bar, absent mindedly wiping down the counter in preparation for a new day. She had some breakfast cooking in the kitchen, an egg casserole dish and bacon, and the smells slowly invaded the space of the manor. A pot of coffee was brewing, and as it finished up, Saria poured herself a mug, leaning back against the counter.

Early mornings. She enjoyed early mornings, right before the rest of the world showed up. Usually they had a couple of people pop in for breakfast, so she tried to keep things stocked and ready. She sipped at her coffee quietly, relishing the quiet for the time being. She knew that any moment her quiet bubble would be popped as someone would wake up or walk in.

Appearance: Long blue hair (style: braided back), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Clothes: Tight turquoise wrap-halter top, brown shorts, boots
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

Saria's new elf friend once again appeared on the Heartless' grounds. He had enjoyed the conversation with the fellow wood kin. Sure the blue haired woman seemed eager to know his deep dark secrets but Douglas seemed to give her a pass. Mysteries were always a thing that seemed to be ever so enticing. Not that the elf was haughty enough to think himself as that but more so the events that led him to be who he was. Their kind were always at arms length, residing in their forests to live with the natural world. For one of them to turn up like Douglas, an elf seemingly turned human... well Agarwaen sometimes wonder why he even pretended to be something he wasn't.

Stepping through the front door in nothing but stereotypical forest ranger attire the male made for the more modern dressed woman and gave a smile. "Hey."

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

Annddd there it was, the first customer of the morning. Saria's orange eyes flicked to the doorway to see Agarwaen returning again. She smiled with her mug of coffee still pressed to her lips.

"Mae govannen, Agarwaen." Saria greeted, using a typical Elvish greeting that simply meant "good day". She placed her coffee down, pulling out another mug. "Coffee? I have a dark hazelnut roast, or a plain breakfast roast brewing, and breakfast is almost done."

((I apologize for not being on lately! Life getting hectic as usual.))

Appearance: Long blue hair (style: braided back), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
User Image
The smell of coffee and breakfast had lured Mohan away from his lab and into the kitchen. He had taken the long way around so he could sneak past Saria and check out the menu, although he knew that she could probably hear him rummaging around anyway. Some sort of egg casserole and bacon, a good protein filled breakfast. Seeing that the food was just about done, he pulled the dishes out of the oven, cutting up some veggies - mushrooms, onions, peppers, some avocado, and some cheese mixture - to place on top of the egg and bacon. He mixed it all up in a bowl, making a breakfast blend.. bowl... thing. It was delicious, that's all that mattered.

After creating his dish he popped out of the kitchen and into the bar, seeing Saria and Doug. "Mooooooornin'" He greeted, walking up behind Saria and snagging her coffee from the counter before heading over to the other end of the counter, plopping down and dishing a forkful of his breakfast into his mouth.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

The scents in the air of fresh coffee and breakfast did little to hide his hunger as he seemed to take Mohan's lead. His blue eyes looked for food but a nice cup of Java would suffice for the moment. Sitting down he smiled at his friend and seemed to relax into his usual posture of leaning against the counter(or it would soon be usual) and idly letting his hands trace against the grain of the bar. "Plain would be fine. with some caramel and french vanilla creamer if you have any." It was the only way Douglas drank his coffee and somehow he made it work from the fanciest coffeehouses to the burnt sludge he bought from a convenience store.

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

"Sure thing-" Saria paused as Mohan grabbed her coffee and went off with it, and she scowled after him for taking her coffee. But she simply poured herself another cup of the strong brew, and then a mug of the plain with the requested syrups and creamer, passing it off to Agarwaen.

She popped into the kitchen, returning shortly after with two plates loaded with breakfast foods, handing one to Agarwaen and keeping one for herself.

"So what's new - it's been forever since I last saw you and all." Saria joked, considering she just saw him the night before.

She glanced to Mohan as well as he practically swallowed his breakfast whole.
"And you seem terribly chipper today, Mohan."

User Image
Mohan was indeed inhaling his breakfast. He had the tendency to stay up all night focused on his research and then totally forget to eat or sleep until it attacked him all at once. And this was one of those nights. He was jittery in part due to his lack of sleep and in part due to his research.

"MERMAIDS." He said, louder than meaning to, when Saria noted his chipper attitude.

"Been doing research, you know, the usual. Found some interesting flotsam and jetsam along the shore, but not the usual human kind. MERMAID KIND. I'm not sure if it's just from a long time ago or more recent."

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

"Oh you know the usual despot stuff. Took over half of Gaia and am taking a break before I conquer the rest." You never knew when Douglas would say something nonsensical. It was weird but not in the manner that ended friendships. More of Agarwaen didn't know what to say so he made something up. "Got the Imperial Guard parked in the front. Can't be a dictator without my morning cup you know." But once the plate full of casserole slid in front of him Agarwaen dug in with gusto. He listened to Mohan and Saria, raising a brow at the mention of mermaids. Well it only made since with the full lab Saria had that someone would use it.

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

Saria didn't know how to respond to Mohan. She stared at him for a moment, one brow raised, cogs turning in her brain for a response.

"Mermaids? She finally asked, before instantly regretted it. He was probably going to ramble now - he had that look in his eye, the kind where he assumes everyone will be able to follow what he says and be equally excited about it.

She then turned to Agarwaen, who offered an equally silly response, although his was clearly a joke while Mohan's was not.
"Wow, you sure get stuff done." She said with mock surprise. "Can you command a portion of Gaia to bring their business here then?"

Another forkful of breakfast and a sip of coffee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff