Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Poster

Hearing Saria say the attic is off limits made him rather curious. But he wasn't going to step on the elf's good graces and hospitality. He'll have to ask her about it sometime and see if she would tell him the reason why. He held no comment about "Heartless." He didn't know what they were and was the first time hearing about them. Despite the name, they didn't seem harmful, so there was nothing to worry about it. He glanced away, walking to a couch to sit down at it. He crossed his legs and folded his arms, wondering what he should do now that he was here.

Kawaii Hunter

_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Rebekah chuckled at Kira's remark, smiling back at the angel. "Yes she did. Unfortunately I am not gifted with magic. After becoming a vampire, I lost my connection to nature sadly... although my brother managed to harness some of her magic when she died." She was referring to Jayke; her and her other siblings all lost their power when they turned... although they gained other abilities. She nodded when Kira suggested the spell be performed out in the woods. "We can go to the woods where the coffins are kept. I am bringing blood along because he will need it," She reached for her knapsack which she'd pack full of the spell ingredients and the grimoire, ready to embark to perform the spell when she saw Vintrict enter. Saria had been talking with some new girls about the heartless. "Hello there," She greeted.

Fray didn't say anything, knowing full well that the very magic Rebekah spoke of was in the purple amulet she was wearing under her shirt. She sighed to herself, and then decided to head to the lab where Mohan was. When she entered, she spotted him over in his chair sewing. She sat down in the chair next time, slumping over slightly and pouting. "I have to confess something. When I turned.. I lost my powers, well most of them," She said bluntly, reaching for the amulet. Mohan would recognize it from a very long time ago, for they once used it to kill Jayke the first time. "Please don't tell Rebekah I have this. Without it I'm kind of useless." She'd been holding in the secret for awhile now and it felt better to tell him. There was no use crying about it anymore though. "

Thieving Rogue

As the conversation with Night and Susan came to a close, Saria once again picked up on the conversation between Rebekah and Kira. So it would seem they found a way to open Nik's coffin? Fantastic. Sarcastic fantastic, of course. Just what she needed, more Mikalsons running around. Although, Rebekah hasn't gotten into any serious trouble yet, so there's that.

She smirked as she watched Rebekah introduce herself to Vin. She must've missed the conversation where Saria and Vin bonded over their slayer past. Although, Vin did mention that he dealt with vampires on occasion. Saria was just jaded.

She sipped at her rum runner quietly, wondering about the progress Kai was making with the odd machine outside.
Sheriff Grimes

Mohan glanced over his shoulder briefly as he heard the lab door open. He smiled at Fray before returning his attention to the garment. Fray would probably be able to recognize that he was sewing a suit for himself, most likely for the wedding. But her sudden confession threw him off, and he sat back in his seat, turning so he was facing her with a look of concern.

"Wait, what?" He asked, seeing the amulet and immediately recognizing it. His eyes shifted to look into Fray's, as if wondering if this were some sort of joke. "So you've been using the amulet to trick people into thinking everything's okay? Fray, you know that thing is dangerous."

Well, was it really dangerous? It actually helped them "defeat" Jayke once before, but Mohan never really had sufficient time to study it, so the exact purpose of the amulet was still sort of a mystery. As far as he could tell, it was a sort of amplification device. It had made Jayke stronger when he wore it, and it had also made Fray stronger when she fought him. But that couldn't be all, and either way, Mohan was a bit hesitant to have his fiance messing with untold powers of an amulet which belonged to their worst enemy.

Omnipresent Poster

Sheriff Grimes

Vin flashed her a glance as he was walking. Clearly, he was split on how to respond to her. Should he show disdain? Should he show kindness? When it came to vampires, he had been around the block far too many times with them. Good vampires was far and few inbetween. Even then, some put on the act to try to either hide their nature or deny what would inevitably come: the thirst. He simply gave her a nod, then looked away.

Kawaii Hunter

Mohan Yorke_x

"The word 'trick' is a little strong. I haven't really used the amulet for much.. yet," Fray had used it once or twice, but not for anything that required a lot of magic. "Rebekaj's been bugging me about doing this spell, but she has to know I lost my powers right? Whenever we went to the plantation, she was looking for the amulet. She asked me about it." She unhooked it from her neck and peered at it, a faint glowing emitting from the gem as she held it in her palm. Then she offered it to him in case he wanted to inspect it.. "The amulet belonged to Esther, which Bentley took I guess... "

Fray felt bad for keeping secrets from Mohan but she knew that using dark magic had consequences, and potentially dangerous ones. She hadn't felt safe, not after everything that happened with Bentley, Rebekah and now her brother returning.. she felt uneasy and it showed on her face. "I can still defend myself," A small ball of light appeared in her hand as she talked. ".. this is about all I can do on my own, and uh, dreams. I can still get in your dreams. Is that like an invasion of privacy?" She smirked a bit; she didn't always get into people's heads, but she could if she wanted.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
lizardman ((mummyman3))

No, Kai did not have the intention of letting this 'mind' die. However, her Charge was looking like a mess. The intricate and careful handling she was forced to use took a lot out of her, especially with how rowdy her odd fire was to begin with. Kai easily picked up the smaller girl with an arm wrapped around her middle, heading inside through the backdoor while the glass table the robot laid on floated on around the side of the house. It would start the trek to the bookstore in town on its own, gliding slowly through the air above the treetops.

Peeking into the bar room, Kai found her twin with Rebekah, Saria handling two newcomers, and a white haired man dressed about as businessy as herself. How awkward would it be if Kai just waltzed in with an almost unconscious Yuni under her arm.... Kira looked up at about this time, mentally nudged by her counterpart. She saw her grandchild was ready to leave and awaken her brother, though casually first she would look around the room and give a warm smile to the strangers she saw. The angel didn't want to risk interrupting any thoughts or conversations being had, so said nothing. Instead, she looked from Saria to Rebekah with a nod of some sort.

"Let us wake the dead, hm?" Kira joked, taking one last sip of her herbal tea before putting it down on the counter and heading for the hallway. Where Kai and KO'd Yuni were waiting. Kira put her hands on her hips and gave a playful huff. "Speaking of the dead... Pushing her too far again, Kai-chan?"

Kai rolled her eyes a little, adjusting the slight weight under her arm. "Of her own accord... Rest and perhaps one of your fruits should do the trick... I am going to put her in the ballroom, then repair the rest of that android at my bookstore, should you need me." Kai tacked on that last bit, glancing at and nodding to Rebekah if she had followed after Kira.

The lighter counterpart held a hand up, the air shimmering with a green energy as vines grew out of the exposed skin of her forearm. The plant flowered a yellow blossom flecked with brown, which self pollinated and grew a ripe fruit of the same color scheme. About the size of a mango, the fruit dropped into Kira's hand and was given to Kai. Vines shimmering back into her skin, Kira looked back towards her grandchild to see if she was ready. Yuni was deposited on a couch in the ballroom, before Kai left for her bookstore.

My, busybees aren't we...
Sheriff Grimes

Mohan took the amulet as Fray offered it to him, the light dimming a bit in his hands. Perhaps because he wasn't magical? He looked at it intently through his glasses, occasionally glancing at Fray as she spoke.

"I don't know. You haven't given any indication that something is off. And Rebekah doesn't really know you, so you can't assume that she just knows your powers are gone either." He shifted the amulet in his hand so he was holding the chain, watching it dangle off his fingers. He smirked as she joked about the dreams.

"You're always in mine anyway." He said with a grin before the gears in his brain began to turn again. "So why are you telling me this now? Just so I'm aware? Or were you thinking you'd like me to help you get your powers back?"

He held the amulet out again to her. "Or I can help you discover the true purpose of the amulet?"

Kawaii Hunter

_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

"Hell yeah!" Rebekah said as they exited the bar together and ran into Kai. "Uh.. where's Fray? Thought she was coming. Oh well I guess we'll have to go without her.." She didn't feel like delaying any longer. She left the Manor together with Kira, heading for the woods. It didn't take that long to get through the thick trees to where the coffin was. She took out the grimoire, a bowl, a clear gem, a vial of blood, and some other ingredients. "Let's hope this works..." She held out the book for Kira. "You should be the one to recite the incantation, right?" She asked as she walked over to the coffin and make an altar out of salt beside it on the ground and set up a few candles. That was what Fray told her to do, but perhaps Kira had a different way of doing things...

"I know. I put myself there," Fray remarked with a smirk as she watched the ball of light disappear from her hand, and then reappear outside the window. "Both I suppose. I don't have the slightest clue how to get my powers back, though." She sighed and stood up from the chair, glancing out the window as she saw Kira and Rebekah headed into the woods. She anxiously played with a strand of her hair, watching the glowing ball follow them into the forest like a glowing fairy.. If Kira could help Rebekah, maybe she could help her, too. She kept trying to practice certain spells but rarely they worked. "Rebekah knew I had magic, though, because I have the grimoire. I'm assuming it's the case for most vampires, you know, that whole being dead and kind of a monster thing. The spirits didn't like it." She tried not to think about the painful time she'd spent on the other side. It was a dark place, and she didn't want to return unless she could somehow get her powers back. "Any ideas?"

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sheriff Grimes

"Perhaps distracted with her fiance?" Kira giggled with a ruby wink, stooping to grab her satchel from the front porch as they left for the woods. Don't ask how her satchel just happened to be waiting there... The thing likes to travel on its own. The periwinkle haired woman kept up easily with her grandchild, a light hum that shivered the trees as they passed to warm up her magick voice.

Kira stood by, watching Rebekah set everything up according to some prior knowledge. She was given the old book, which was held carefully and almost lovingly. Her veins pulsed with a faint light that traveled with her blood flow, excited to work someone else's trick and to figure it out from the inside. "Yes, I'll recite it... and if it does not work, we try again with modifications, hm?"

There was a change in the wind, the canopy above rustling and whistling. Whispers, layering on and on to build volume, chanting the incantation until Rebekah was ready. Kira wouldn't speak again until she was ready, the power mustered into her throat would put meaning and commandm magicks into anything she said. Once ready, Kira lowly sang the incantation.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Salve Sorce Das. Phasmatos Eliximo Nominum, Etrinox Sorce Sotero Callux Oxtara."
Sheriff Grimes

With a small push, Mohan wheeled away from his little sewing project and over to a small locked fridge where he stored blood packs and samples. He played with the dial until it popped open, and he pulled out a vial of blood, squinting at it for a moment before turning to her.

"I've still got samples of your kitsune blood, pre-vampire." He said, holding up the vial to indicate thats what he was holding. "I was able to separate the magical properties before to figure out what gave Jayke his hybrid powers. I could do it again... maybe, at least for the time being, synthesize the property into a sort of daily power pill." He had transitioned from having a conversation to thinking out loud again, looking again at the vial of blood. "It'd take some time to figure out how to do this safely...we'd have to find a way to clone the property so that we don't run out... and understanding how long the powers would last. But of course this would only be until we could find a permanent solution..." He was rambling.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Gorthan happily sat on a rock outside having caught the butterfly he was chasing, well rather it landed on him curiously, he watched as the bug walked around his snout fluttering its wings. "Hehehe." He giggled as the insect attempted to head butt him in the nose but simply failed at its attempt. He inhaled deeply enjoying the cool breeze outside, to him this was perfect, a day of mindless wandering and childish games. He stared at the trunk of a tree examining it closely the insects running up and down made him wonder how the ants could lift so much and collapse under the weight of what they were carrying.

Kawaii Hunter

Mohan Yorke_x

[[We should plan when to have le wedding o.o ]]

Fray hadn't even thought about her blood. She spun around from the window, her green eyes lighting up as she he produced the vial of magical blood. "Mohan! You're such a genius!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms around him and kissing him. "I knew there was a reason I'm marrying you." She teased and then let her arms fall as she contemplated the idea of a "power pill". "I still want you to study the amulet though, just in case it needs to be used." Fray was anxious to get her powers back now that she realized there was a solution for now anyway. She clapped her hands excitedly, now feeling relieved she'd be able to defend herself better. She had gotten used to the weight of the beretta on her, but she preferred to use magic over guns anyday. They both had their uses. Now not so glum, she took notice of the suit Mohan had been sewing and smiled. "It looks great," She remarked, touching the fabric and gazing at it.

Rebekah glanced around as the wind picked up and whistled through the branches. She brushed blonde locks out of her face and turned back to the coffin and Kira, who was reciting the spell beautifully. When she was done, Rebekah walked over to the coffin hopefully. Nothing was happening and she furrowed her eyebrows.. then again she was impatient, and placed her hands on the coffin, attempting to open it. It was still shut. Then suddenly--a rumble, and click. Her blue eyes lighted up as she excitedly felt the coffin lid open, and pushed it up slightly. "It worked!" She exclaimed to Kira as she opened it fully. There inside was her desiccated brother.. Nik looked gray, dead, black veins protruding through his face, arms, and exposed skin. She touched his face tenderly, finally happy to see her brother's face. "Can you hadn me the blood?" She asked the angel, which she'd set by the alter.
Sheriff Grimes

[[oh yeah i guess that's kind of important.]]

Mohan grinned as Fray threw her arms around him, clearly pleased with his idea. "I'll definitely take a look at the amulet. Leave it here in the lab when you feel safe enough to do so... if you're going out anywhere, or if some shady people show up, or they get Nik's coffin open, then hold onto it. I want you to be protected. But when you feel you can, leave it here and I'll look it over. In the meantime I'll work on your magic pill."

He paused as Fray brushed her fingertips against his suit, a small, humble smile pulling at the sides of his lips. "I can put together some basic stuff, I guess. I could make some white, or ivory, or whatever colors you want for your dress, if you want. But you'll have to take the fabric into town for a seamstress to make the gown."

Then, suddenly, the amulet lit up again. This time it was noticeably brighter, but only for a moment, before fading once more. He blinked, looking at it curiously. It looked like some sort of energy spike. Could it detect someone chanting a spell? Or perhaps a new Mikaelson?

Thieving Rogue

Well, as nothing new seemed to be happening in the bar, Saria moved from her place behind the counter, casually heading back into the kitchen.

While in there, she began to peek through some cabinets looking for her medicinal herb cocktails. She was having a heck of a headache again. It seemed to come and go in pulses and it was driving her mad. She felt like she had a massive hangover, but that wasn't it at all. She found one of her packets, ripping it open and pouring the ingredients into a steaming cup of water, sipping at it lightly in attempt to soothe the ache.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff