Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
"Yes! Mermaids!!"

Mohan had a look of genuine excitement, like a child at Christmas.

"You see, the Heartless has all kinds of weird magic surrounding it, and I think that magic has an intrinsic pull for other magical creatures -- sort of like how animals can sense Gaia's magnetism which helps them to migrate during different seasons, or arrive back to the place where they were born to then give birth -- my theory is that it is another sense, a force, something that, despite the species, everyone can experience - like gravity. And maybe that's why some humans can do supernatural things too, because they have access to that sense of magic. And children, I think, are more sensitive to it than adults. I think adults just get used to it, but children are encouraged via stories to seek out adventure and magic, and so they're more sensitive to it----"

He paused, realizing he had jumped down a rabbit hole. He shook his head and his fork, as if erasing his last few sentences.

"Anyway, there's magic here, so I'm wondering if it is a physical location thing, such as the physical placement of this plot of land, or if perhaps mermaids are just off shore, and if they existed first and thus brought the Mikaelsons here to build this manor, or if it was the other way around -- the Mikaelsons and the witch, the vampires, the werewolf pack, if it enticed mermaids to come along --- but the point is, I have solid proof that mermaids either are or once were not too far off the shore."

He munched again on his breakfast, clearly very proud of himself and everything he just rambled on about.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

Douglas would be glad to hear Mohan. He'd nod and be interested in his ramblings only to look at Saria and with honesty divulge that he didn't understand two-thirds of what he been said. Still with his attention on Sara, Agarwaen let the banter continue. "Now I can't abuse my powers so early in the day dear." He took a sip of his coffee before setting it down. "Would becoming Duchess of Durem be a good enough consolation prize?" The smile that came with his joking waned as the elf sighed. "I'd command all of Barton to come on in if I could." But since that would technically be kidnapping the wood elf didn't really know how to help Saria.

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Saria sighed, looking back to her food and giving Agarwaen a sort of 'sorry!' look as Mohan rambled. She focused on cutting up her food into smaller pieces as Mohan rambled, and Saria half-listened to his ramblings. It was interesting, but even if there were mermaids out there, what's that going to do for them? It's not like any of them could go chill with the merpeople, nor could they exactly walk in and buy a drink...

...the vampires, the werewolf pack...

Saria glanced up at Mohan, furrowing her brows. The werewolf pack. She stared at him for a moment. She had a weird feeling about werewolves, and she didn't remember anything about a witch or werewolves or whatever he meant. Her confused gaze was broken when Agarwaen moved back to joking about abusing his powers.

She looked again to Agarwaen, smirking and pulling away from Mohan's conversation.
"Dutchess of Durem has an excellent ring to it." She said with a chuckle. "I quite like that title. I suppose it would do."

Appearance: Long blue hair (style: braided back), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Clothes: Tight turquoise wrap-halter top, brown shorts, boots
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back
User Image
Mohan didn't even seem to notice that neither Saria nor Doug seemed terribly interested in what he was saying, or were following along. He just kept right on going.

"I actually found an interesting plant that has the craziest transformation on consumption - I'm sure you've both heard of Gillyweed? And Saria, I'm sure you could produce some? Gillyweed will temporarily grow gills on your neck --- isn't that crazy?? Anyway, so, getting ahead of myself, I figured I could just shift into a dolphin or something and go take a look----"

He paused, though, when he caught Saria's look. Oh frick. He mentioned the werewolf pack without even realizing it. He stopped dead in his tracks, his excitement fading as he waited to see her reaction, but she was distracted by Doug as they joked about ruling Gaia. He relaxed, taking a sip of his coffee, but his excitement was clearly leveled.

"Anyway, it's very interesting." He concluded softly.

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

The mention of a wolfpack had changed the undertone of the conversation and it left Doug puzzled. He looked at Saria who continued with his fantasy and then over to Mohan. Of course the two wouldn't give him an answer. "Only? Do I sense someone trying to usurp me so they can become Empress?" Douglas said with feigned shock. "Can I at least live in a fancy prison if you win? I swear I won't try to backstab you. Pinky promise."

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

"I suppose." Saria thought with feigned intense thought, as though she were internally deliberating on the matter. "Besides, I got a fancy prison downstairs already. I'm sure it'll do."

She laughed, ending her play on the joke as she finished up her breakfast and slid the dishes into the small sink behind the counter, now only leaving her coffee. She noted that Mohan cooled off from his excitement about the mermaids.

"I'm sorry, Mohan, I didn't mean to let all the air out of your bubble." She said sincerely. "I am familiar with Gillyweed. It's been a long time since I've thought of it. Way back in the day, witches and wizards used to seek it out for the very property you just mentioned. Tried to keep it a secret from the non-magical world, until, well, we realized that the non-magical world was a vast minority to the magic folk. I can grow some if you'd like."

Appearance: Long blue hair (style: braided back), bright orange eyes, stereotypical Elvish features (tall, lean, light skin, long pointed ears).
Weapons: Daggers, hidden blades, throwing knives, a bow & quiver strapped to back

Newbie Regular

Douglas F. Grumman

User Image

Ah yes! She had a dungeon thanks to the prior owner of the Heartless. Agarwean would of remodeled it into a proper man cave/ poker room if he had a swing at it. Now a days you outsourced your torture rather than keeping prisoners under your bedroom. Catching what the blue haired elf and the science man were talking about Douglas spoke up once they seemed to be finished. "Is there anything you can't grow?" Agarwaen had seen Saria's abilities and was very impressed by them.

"Well. Here I am."

Kallistiae
User Image
Mohan nodded enthusiastically towards Saria's offer to grow some Gillyweed. "Whenever you have a chance would be great!!" He said happily as he finished up his breakfast. He picked up his mug of coffee, taking a deep sip, before standing up.

"Well, back to the lab." He announced, turning and exiting from the bar, heading back up the stairs with his coffee in tow. He had more.. science things... to science.

Thieving Rogue

VEEB0MB3R

"Nope." Saria responded candidly to Agarwaen's question about her powers. She watched as Mohan excused himself for science and took his empty plate, placing it in the sink and beginning to absent-mindedly wash the dishes.

"Actually, Gaia's got nothing on me." She said with a chuckle. "I was blessed with a spark of Eru's Flame, sort of like the Ainur, but not quite so... what's the word? Angelic?" She shrugged as she tried to remember what her father had taught her all those years ago, the explanation of why some Elves had powers and why some didn't. "Anyway, the point is, I can grow anything on Gaia, and I can also create things that do not grow on Gaia."

She finished up the dish washing, placing the fresh dishes on a drying rack.
"This of course means that we constantly have the freshest supplies of all fruits and vegetables, and can create foods and drinks that you literally cannot buy anywhere else. If you're into wine, I have a couple special bottles made from my own berry creations."

Thieving Rogue

Newbie Regular

String x Theory

((Work has been a b***h. I'll be on tonight though if you're up for continuing or starting a new day.))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( -peeks timidly in again, ears drooped as if asking for forgiveness and to be caught up- :'c ))
OoC: 6 years and I finally have my own computer again....

Newbie Regular

(( I uh think I killed this place. :0 ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff