Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

Flagellated Alice

"The Devil, eh?" Saria responded curiously. She wondered if the doll meant the literal devil or someone who was just portraying himself as such. She smirked at the curiosity, amused that the doll knew what she was.

"Yes, I am an elf." And she let out a short chuckle. "And yes, I certainly get myself into trouble more often than I ought to."

A pause as Alice tried to interact with Vin, and Saria waved her hand dismissively in his direction.
"Don't let the old grump bother you sweetheart. He has a black spot in his heart for anything not human. You just gotta prove that you're a good girl and you won't have any problems."

She held out her hand, palm up, in an inviting manner to hold her hand to study more.
"I once brought a teddy bear to life." She explained. "Do you know how long you have been alive? Perhaps how old you are?"

Omnipresent Poster

He didn't answer, and Saria knew well so. It was troublesome cause he was half expecting the thing to stab those hands through the elf's body or something of the sort. And then he'd feel guilty if it happened. So here he was putting trust into the one hope that this thing was not a walking killing case. He didn't like the feeling.
An omnimorphous substance under Heartless main doors swept its way in. Not much after gawking it's way in and over in a corner to give time shape shifting, a dark pillar rise from the floor panel molding the shape of man as features went following. A mane full of onyx black hair, golden predatory glowing eyes, pointed fey ears inhumane. His clothes were already on. An elongate black trench coat left unbuttoned, under that he had a black button up long sleeve, his pants were slacks matching his entire uniform with thick geniuine leather shoes. Pale white skin radiated like moon light under the rooms ray. A soft faced gentleman, a hot headed fellow that just didn't fit with the crowd last time he stepped foot here. Felt like they were out to kill him, he was no p***y before things were different now. Away from every one else, he stood his corner with arms crossed over and a leg kicked back, leaning against the wall wasn't doing much of anything.

OG Gaian

1,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Gaian 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
David sat against the back wall of his chair watching as everyone interacted with each other, he was awed as to what powers came through the doors. The strengths of everyone in the room seemed to be either equal to or less than each other, except him, his strength was weak. He would have liked to be taught more magic, but with his power levels it would be unobtainable. Scratching his head he sighed deeply and got up walking to the front door he walked out into the outside to observe and watch the beauty of the world around him. "Today is just another day I wish i was truly dead.' He said to himself in thought as he watched the wind blow through a bush of flowers, it was a wonderful sight to him, but he still had no feelings towards the beauty. He just thought they were wonderful, stoic and expressionless as always he took a seat and began to play with flowers, his mind was not just, it was unjust. He was in a sense not mentally right, more sluggish and slow to learn than most. Less keen on his senses, his entire life he had been called slow, short bus, and retarded, but none of it mattered anymore. His military life style stuck with him and his lack of emotion was to blame for so many failed relations. Yet still the beauty of the world captivated his eye like that of a child.
String x Theory

𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓮
𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵'𝓼 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓢𝓪𝓽𝓪𝓷'𝓼 𝓣𝓸𝔂
𝓗𝓮 𝓣𝓾𝓰𝓼 𝓜𝔂 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰,
𝓘 𝓙𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓸𝔂
ιιlιιlı.ιllιlιlıιιlı.ιll.lıllιlιιlı.ιllιlıιιlı.ιlιιlı.ιlllιllιlıιlıιllı.ιlı.

"Aye, the Devil... I used to be his toy, he took good care of me... But greener pastures await me, he says, go out and learn what it is to be real... A cruel joke, he plays... But I miss the hell raising fool.." Fleshed out the doll, sharing small tidbits of what she knew to be true, unfazed by the distant male's cold shoulder.
"Hm... Good is in the eye of the beholder, like beauty... The world isn't filled with rainbows and puppies, a wise Puppet Master recently told me.. Alice is a good doll, depending on the definition of good.." The trinket mused on in a short tangent, crossing her shadow laced arms beneath her miniature bust. "Does he have a black spot for you, elf? Or have you already proven your..." It made the puppet's key agitatedly click with a single turn. "Worth..?"
The whole concept of having to prove oneself was lost to the smaller woman, being the curious type with an acceptance for most... Then again, what was right in her eyes was sure to be wrong in his at some points.
Drawn away from the unpleasant conversation with the elven woman's inquires, Alice merely teetered on her toes while she spoke, that same click click clicking echoing with each shift, far softer now.
"A teddy bear? A stuffed one? How wonderful! Is he still alive and roaming?
I do, I do, I've been living for... Centuries.. Not in this same body, I've recently... Borrowed new parts. Age? Is that what normal living things do, age? I can't say I have one.. Alice is Alice.."

The pale fleshed part snatcher slowly released her grip on the inky coupling arms, allowing them to linger behind her lumbar, watching the various patrons heading around and claiming seats. They caught her curiosity, to say the least, but Alice hadn't a clue what the proper etiquette was up here... She stayed silent, ever watching with her limbs afloat.

Thieving Rogue

Flagellated Alice

Him of Crows

Saria nodded as she listened to Alice's answers. It didn't surprise her that the devil's plaything considered the concept of right and wrong to be in the eye of the beholder. That's a typical moral trap of the old fallen angel's.

"Proving you're good and proving your worth are very different, little one." Saria responded to the doll. "Although to answer your question, I believe I have both proved myself good and worthy already."

At the information about age - centuries and centuries - the elf nodded again. If she had been around for centuries and didn't know what a drink was, then the doll probably did not need to eat or drink to survive, much like the teddy bear companion she had many years ago. She shook her head at Alice's question regarding the bear.

"He's still around, but no longer living. He's once again a simple stuffed bear."

The manifestation of another man caught the elf's attention and she stood again to her feet, nodding in the direction of the male who had appeared in the corner of the room. He looked familiar, but she couldn't place a name to the face.

"Hello sir," She greeted as she made her way once again behind the bar counter. "What can I get for ya today?"
String x Theory

Him of Crows

𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓮
𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵'𝓼 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓢𝓪𝓽𝓪𝓷'𝓼 𝓣𝓸𝔂
𝓗𝓮 𝓣𝓾𝓰𝓼 𝓜𝔂 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰,
𝓘 𝓙𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓙𝓸𝔂

"Hmm... Do you call me little one in reference to my size? I do hope you are... From what I've seen, it can be perceived as rude.." The trinket tittered, testing the knowledge she had of this world. Memorizing behaviors, rules, the ways of this world. It was a bit of a chore, but needed to be done if she was to survive. "But you are right, proving one's worth doesn't mean you're good... One can prove one's worth to a demon, on the other hand one can prove it to an Angel... Good and bad, ideally speaking.." Mused on the woman, the corners of that lip-less smile tipped into a meager frown. More mimicking, emotions still running away from the doll.
"I'm... Sorry for your loss. " She emits with a small bow of her head, falling silent for the bear that reverted.
Alice watched the elf interact so easily with the other guest, not an ounce of hesitation. The confidence was admirable, a note mentally written.
"Wave.." Her soft voice mutters in a near whisper, both over sized arms doing as they were told.

Did he look like he need anything standing there, looking around at all the patrons. Not saying much just staring, his orbs golden they flashed, raising his head at the elf woman he would remember her face. If correct she ran the place. Still his mouth stood quiet. An index from his right told her no thank you, swinging, like a pendulum side to side. Spectating.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

(( I'm sorry for my slowness in replies. It's finals week and I'm busy as all hell studying... ))

Thanatos looked visibly relieved at seeing Mohan appear to understand what he referred to. Sometimes he was afraid that some of Kai's technology was all her own, not understood by others. He nodded along with the logical ramblings of the doctor, glancing down at Kira to see the woman's eyes grow heavy. Kai must have forced herself to take a break, or is looking for more overpopulated areas... Emerald eyes moved to the bandage on the angel's chest, noticing how it was beginning to darken as if the wound was bleeding through. But Kira's blood was clear, yet the darkening was an odd... blackish, color.

"Seems to be attacking any stores of energy she has. Likely in the chest area by her hearts... It had already consumed the energy in her back, where her wings were." Thanatos thought aloud. "The constructor body is quite durable. Likely the concentrations of iron and silver may be able to be higher than what is tolerable in the human body."

The man leaned forward, knitted his fingers together and resting his elbows on his knees as he watched Mohan type furiously away. "Is there anything I can do, doctor? I may know little on the technology, but I am hopeful to not be completely useless..."

Thieving Rogue

Flagellated Alice
Him of Crows

Saria watched as the man simply shook his finger. She raised a brow before returning the empty glass to it's original place.
"Alright then, just let me know if you'd like some service."

He looked familiar. What was his name? She pursed her lips in thought, although she moved her glance again to the doll Alice. Wait, wasn't this man a vampire? Leinhart, wasn't it? She didn't even recognize him without the slave woman or without his scowl. But it was coming back to her slowly. Interesting how he would decide to return despite his last encounter was less than pleasant. But then, the Heartless had a way of drawing people back.

"Yes, Alice. I am referring to your size. I tend to be taller than most, so you remind me much of a half-ling. If it bothers you, I won't call you little one anymore. I mean no offense."

She watched the doll's large black hands wave in an attempt to be social. Clearly it didn't come naturally to her, despite being around for centuries. But then, societal rules have changed a lot over the centuries. It would be confusing to follow for a toy.

"So, you've been around for centuries but you've only been recently released by the devil himself. So what brings you around these parts, Alice?"
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Mohan glanced up from his computer as Thanatos spoke, and then his eyes moved to Kira's wound, noticing the blackness that was forming.

"Can you clean a wound?" He asked with a bit of a smirk. He assumed Thanatos could, but he was also a doctor, which meant he was never really surprised when people couldn't do the things that he so easily did. "Take off the dirty bandages, use some of the petri dishes behind you to collect as many samples as you can of the infection. Do your best to cut off any skin that has been lost to the infection. There's a large white bottle behind you; it's filled with some antibiotics and kingsfoil, dress the wound with it and then re-bandage."

He paused as he looked to Kira's eyes as she seemed tired. "It may be best to knock her out, or allow her to sleep first. It'll be painful for her."

There was a series of beeps on the computer and Mohan stood up, walking over to a different monitor that was spitting out a series of numbers and letters. It was the base chemical makeup - the genetic starting point for the treatment, the exact composition that would counteract the chemical makeup of the infection. He typed a few more keystrokes on the keyboard and a loud whirring noise would begin, a tube of white liquid slowly filling up.

"We've got a lot of trial and error ahead of us, and not a lot of time, especially if the infection is going for her hearts."

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Thanatos couldn't help but scoff quietly. Of course he could clean a wound. Well, the last time he ever had to clean a wound was... huh... A very long time... He hid the inner embarrassment well, reaching for a pair of gloves in a pocket inside his jacket. Like Kai, he could kill by touch. Unlike Kai, however, he could not touch Kira. She wasn't his counterpart. So, donning on the gloves, Thanatos stands from his chair and quietly looms over Kira with eyes momentarily alight.

"Κοιμηθείτε καλά." He said very quietly, a reverberation in the air as he did. Kira gave a long sigh, and was soon out cold. Petri dishes began floating off the small table to hover in the air around his sides as he flicked a finger at the darkened bandage, watching it unstick from her skin and crumple itself up to the side. "The hearts of a constructor vary. Some have one, some have two. Mine own counterpart has but one. Generally, they are the most powerful part of them and house great amounts of energy to create life."

Thanatos spoke, flicking his fingers as a scalpel manifested in them. A pair of forceps in the other hand, he began to deftly pick and cut out the worst bits of the infection for samples. He could almost see her hearts beating faintly under various tissues, noticing how the blackness of the ire was creeping towards them at a snail's pace.

"To try and infect the heart of a constructor is to mean tampering with the creation of life itself..." Thanatos was thinking to himself now, dark brow furrowed as he finished up. Five petri dishes to start with. The wound was dressed with the antibiotic-kingsfoil ointment and covered with a fresh bandage.
_xX Faceless Enemy Xx_

Mohan kept an eye on Thanatos as he did his thing, watching the man float objects effortlessly around him. How nice that would be if Mohan could do the same. But no, he can only change shape, and only into animals. Lame.

But his thoughts grew more focused as he listened to Thanatos talk to himself, mentioning the idea of messing with the creation of life. Frankenstein's monster immediately came to mind, and he wanted to crack a joke about Kira becoming Mrs. Frankenstein but he wasn't sure if Thanatos would get the reference. Plus, he needed to focus.

More science happened with more science machines and after a bit more science Mohan had another tube with a clear substance inside. He took his glasses off, replacing them with very large thick magnifying glasses - like mega large thick glasses - and peered into the tube.

"Nanobytes are ready." He said simply. He tapped at the tube like he was tapping at a fish tank for a response. "I already have them programed from the computer - it helps that there was already an infection-fighting setting on them. Just had to tweak it to fight the right infection while leaving the good stuff alone. These nanobytes were formatted for homo sapiens and homo superior use, so we need to make sure it works on angels too."

He swiftly moved to the white liquid, pulling that tube out so he held one in each hand. Using a syringe he measured precise amounts of each liquid at different doses, combining them together and placing into more tubes - five in all - to match the five samples that Thanatos had taken from Kira.

"Can you hand me whatever sample has the most damaged tissue in it? My hope is that the treatment will fight the infection but leave the damaged tissue behind."

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mohan Yorke_x

Thanatos stood there pondering while Mohan finished up with his mixtures and nano bytes, the Petri dishes around him hovering idly. He had a look of concern, but chose not to voice it out loud. Instead, he had connected to his counterpart and started debating and conversing over related issues in their shared mental space. His partner had brought up a few good points, which were taken into consideration. This went on until Mohan spoke up, emerald eyes glancing up to see these tubes and Mohan's new groovy eyewear. Cycling through the dishes for a moment, the dish that held the worst damaged tissue floated gently over to the doctor. The tissue looked almost charred with the damage.

"There you are, doctor." Thanatos carefully moved over to where the doctor was, wanting to see how this sample reacted. "So they are called nanobytes? Interesting."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff