Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bigotry is a human tendency. Even people from groups built around "mainstream Christians are wrong for excluding us" will turn around and make statements about who can or can not be a Christian.

Nobody ever up and decides they're going to adopt a bigoted view. It just kind of gradually transitions from preference/possibility to personal fact without them having noticed, and once it gets to that point there's obviously nothing wrong with stating facts.

I think what it comes down to is how wide a group of people you share your ideas with. You really need to have someone else to call bullshit on you when you go to far, or rather before you do.
It gets even better--Prop 8 passed. xp

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
... sigh-

Sitting down with a bunch of children at a school for a McCain rally and some jerk-off drives by honking and screaming, "O-BA-MA!..." then some crazy swearing and the oh so wonderful middle finger to the kids as he and a bunch of others in the car drive by with fingers flying. If those are the type of people that are supporting Obama... we're in trouble here kids.
Any sufficiently large group is saturated with assholes.

When Gaia was small the a*****e ratio was relatively small but as the populace grew the number of new accounts for assholes (per day) started growing faster and faster.

And politics? How much larger can a group get?
Squeeky McSqueekles
... sigh-
Sitting down with a bunch of children at a school for a McCain rally and some jerk-off drives by honking and screaming, "O-BA-MA!..." then some crazy swearing and the oh so wonderful middle finger to the kids as he and a bunch of others in the car drive by with fingers flying. If those are the type of people that are supporting Obama... we're in trouble here kids.

I hate how people treat an election like some kind of sports competition.

Example:
Some guy, upon discovering Cindy McCain's Tokyo drift hobby:
gstape
Yup, I just saw that on ESPN. Palin's Husband a snowmobile racer and McCain's wife a drifter... they got my vote smile

Sparkly Smoker

One of my supervisors today told me that the only reason why she voted for Obama was because of a telecast she saw him in with John McCain, and they were asked what one thing they would change about College Football, and Obama said that College Football should have playoffs. -.-

And I sit next to a bunch of ladies who have been saying for like months now, "I'm not voting because I'm uneducated about the candidates and what they stand for." Which is retarded. They've been saying it for months. And today they said the same thing. All that time to educate themselves, and they didn't. Sounds lazy. haha.
Squeeky McSqueekles
... sigh-

Dude, you hear about that kind of thing with McCain supporters too. And supporters for everything in every election. What their supporters do isn't really approved of by the candidates themselves or anything.
The Happiest James
One of my supervisors today told me that the only reason why she voted for Obama was because of a telecast she saw him in with John McCain, and they were asked what one thing they would change about College Football, and Obama said that College Football should have playoffs. -.-

And I sit next to a bunch of ladies who have been saying for like months now, "I'm not voting because I'm uneducated about the candidates and what they stand for." Which is retarded. They've been saying it for months. And today they said the same thing. All that time to educate themselves, and they didn't. Sounds lazy. haha.

...that's a sad reason to vote for Obama. I made a joke in my journal about how I was totally going to vote for Obama because his wife uses the same hair cream I use (Frederick Fekkai Smoothing Cream), but I would hope people knew I was joking. surprised

Sparkly Smoker

hana-chan
The Happiest James

...that's a sad reason to vote for Obama. I made a joke in my journal about how I was totally going to vote for Obama because his wife uses the same hair cream I use (Frederick Fekkai Smoothing Cream), but I would hope people knew I was joking. surprised

Haha~ XD I should've rephrased that actually. She said that's the only reason why she actually VOTED. Which i still think is a pretty sad reason for voting lol.

Hi Hana, btw. Long time no gaiamkchat.
Oh, and Nate, if you see this, I've got teriyaki chicken and rice cooking now. surprised

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
hana-chan
Dude, you hear about that kind of thing with McCain supporters too. And supporters for everything in every election. What their supporters do isn't really approved of by the candidates themselves or anything.

Well of course the candidates wouldn't really approve of something like that! I wouldn't expect any of them no matter who won to be like, "Oh, oh yes- and by the way. To the citizens of -insert random city name here followed by loud cheers of three syllable chants including, "Oh-Bah-Mah!, "John-Mah-Cain!", "Time-For-Change!" ect.-"
Eitherway- I have not heard anything else happening like this at any other rally events this year. Could you please share some stories?

... anyways...

I'm just glad this is all done and over with. Perhaps now we can hear about the real news going on in the world... like so-and-so who has been missing for months or how another couple was murdered- let's not forget about the war! stare

Sparkly Smoker

ajfkdsjfa jesus tap dancing christ.

My foot hurts so damn bad. This weekend we went camping for mah pa's 55th birthday, and I got bit right on my toe TWICE by yellow jackets. And for some reason, my entire foot feels like it's on fire still. sad

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
_Z_Gouken

I hate how people treat an election like some kind of sports competition.

Example:
Some guy, upon discovering Cindy McCain's Tokyo drift hobby:
gstape
Yup, I just saw that on ESPN. Palin's Husband a snowmobile racer and McCain's wife a drifter... they got my vote smile

Wow- I'm not sure if that would have got my vote if I would have found out before all this... but I give her mad props for being able to do something I can't even do. I've tried and it is not easy. I'm better at the redline.

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
You got bit by a yellow jacket? I-I didn't even know they actually bite. eek

Sparkly Smoker

Squeeky McSqueekles
You got bit by a yellow jacket? I-I didn't even know they actually bite. eek

Yeah, apparently they don't sting, they bite you. On the foot.

when you're peeint. -.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces