Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Lunatic

Voting is done for tentacle overlords. While I already know who's won the presidential here(the question in California isn't "Will Obama win?" but instead "How badly will Obama beat McCain?" wink I'm curious how the propositions will turn out. I've got two that I want to pass, one for while I voted no on it I honestly don't mind if it passes(I'd have voted yes for it if our state finances were better), and the rest I want to fail.
My eyesight isn't so bad that a 17" monitor isn't enough n_n
*you measure the diagonal right?

And my desktop has hit a dead end anyway as I'd need a new motherboard in order to upgrade it anymore.
What I can't imagine, or rather remember, is having to get off of my bed or wherever I feel like sitting to go play games n_n

I guess if I were actually high def television I might want my games on the same kind of screen but even the least friendly heads up display ratios seem fine on this pricey lap warmer/space heater.
Done voting. I can in fact smell what The Rock Barack is cookin'. I also think that the idea that gay marriage threatens straight marriage is idiotic. xd

Aged Codger

Shokushu
My eyesight isn't so bad that a 17" monitor isn't enough n_n
*you measure the diagonal right?

And my desktop has hit a dead end anyway as I'd need a new motherboard in order to upgrade it anymore.
What I can't imagine, or rather remember, is having to get off of my bed or wherever I feel like sitting to go play games n_n

I guess if I were actually high def television I might want my games on the same kind of screen but even the least friendly heads up display ratios seem fine on this pricey lap warmer/space heater.

When I mentioned size, I was mostly referring to keyboards and the actual system itself. I like having a giant piece of machinery sitting next to me, is all. Laptop keyboards are way too cramped for me.

I'm always at my desk when I draw [which is what I spend most of my day doing], so I don't go anywhere to play games, as my computer is right here with me when I draw.
I'm so happy that Obama is gonna win!! biggrin I know I was really cynical of this election because it seems like the US elections are always determined by whatever scandal gets discovered in the last few days before voting.

I'm so glad I was wrong. xd

Sparkly Smoker

This was the first year I got to vote. Homg it was fun. Except my ballot jammed the ballot reader so it had to be put in the hand count thing. razz

Codger

I concur with Moo Moo on #8 it's ridiculously silly, and yet it seems to be doing well.
The support for prop 8 is worded to beffuddle the masses.

They make it sound like not changing anything will make a bunch of brand new changes happen.

And the thing about teaching gay marriage in school is as such:
California Education Code section 51933 dictates that any school district that provides comprehensive sexual health education must teach “respect for marriage and committed relationships”; that the instruction “shall be appropriate for use with pupils of all… sexual orientations”; and that the instruction “may not reflect or promote bias against any person on the basis of any category protected by Section 220” (which includes sexual orientation).

Apparently Christians are against tolerance now.

And apparently it has convinced a few homosexuals that it's all about wording, not about changing rights. But if the wording changes, there is no 'it is unconstitutional' argument. Which wins a lot of civil rights battles.

And this 8 thing is too close. If it passes, I have to admit that registering would have been a good idea.And lose a bet.

Codger

I would agree with you 7, except for the fact that prop 8 is primarily being funded by Mormons, those crazy bigamists. And there should be a way to actually argue the change if it happens on a national level to over ride it should it pass. Though I seem to think it should require 2/3 of the states approval since it's a constitutional amendment, though that's probably not the case.
Ahh, Mormons, so that explains their loopholes in terms of "it's in the Bible" bullshit arguments.

Yes, "it's bad to be gay" is in the Bible:

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

But remember that these are Christians going on and on about how God Hates Fags, etc., but the funny thing is that these supposed Christians are clinging to Mosaic Law despite the fact that Jesus himself said:

Matthew 5:43-48
"43-You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44-But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45-that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46-If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47-And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48-Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

In short, if even tax collectors (who were universally reviled back in those times) and unbelievers can be decent to their fellow man, then shouldn't Christians be held to an even higher standard?

Funny that: a woman was harassed and finally attacked for filming a group of jerkass "Yes on Prop 8" protesters. A minor in the protest group reportedly whispered "******** off, dyke" as the woman was helped to safety. That's completely in line with what Jesus said, isn't it?

On that note, these are the people who fly the flag of Christianity to the point where they claim that Jesus called homosexuality a sin.

No, you idiots, Jesus said no such thing. Read the Gospel front-to-back, read every one of the apostle Paul's letters as well as the extra writings of Luke and John. Then again, asking that type of Christian to read their Bible, much less ask them to quote something from it, is a chore in an of itself because then they'll go on and on about how they're blessed and I'm going to hell, etc.

And these ******** probably eat bacon, too, so I guess they're just a bunch of [******** hypocrites because here's Leviticus to show us all where it's at:

Leviticus 11:7-8
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Oh, there's more:

Leviticus 15:19
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she
shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.

Translation: quarantine women during their period. Then again, this doesn't sound like such a bad ideaAAAGH STOP STOP I WAS KIDDING FOR REALS YO

Leviticus 18:9
The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

Well, there's half of the Midwest going to hell, but they can't help it, they need to keep the population up out there on the frontier.

While the idea of kosher food is primarily an Orthodox Jewish belief, it's a wonder that these Christians who claim to follow God's word to the letter aren't buying up more gefilte fish and matzah.

Magical Lunatic

Ah, religion and politics. Always assured to bring out the looneys on all ends of the spectrum and equally assured to have swarms of things misrepresented.
I want to see the phrase "you people aren't Christian" used against that more often, mainly for the Mathew 5:4X conflict.

I wondered if it had been done a lot and it just wasn't effective but then I realized that ineffectiveness has never been the end of a particular piece of ammunition in any controversial Xian topic.

Aged Codger

I can't really tolerate any person that persecutes homosexuals, Christian or otherwise.

The fact that "f**" and "gay" are common nouns and adjectives now is something that bothers the ******** out of me. I'm all for using words and s**t like that when you're joking around [I just spent all of last night talking about how there'll be a hack for Resident Evil 5 allowing us to kill a bunch of dirty, raggedy Obama's], but it annoys me ******** when some moronic brickshit won't shut up about how somebody is a "TOTAL f**" or that something is "REALLY GAY".

No offense to Christianity or anything, but my mother believes that the reason why some prophets in the Old Testament lived past 200 years is because they ate a diet of manna, fruits, and wholesome meat. I mean, that's just being an idiot.

I have plenty of Christian friends, and a lot of them are extremely smart and level-headed about a lot of things. It just amazes me how people can have beliefs that just cannot ever be questioned. If you disagree, you're wrong. That's it. Yup. Wrong.

Aged Codger

By the way, if the thread title is a reference to Chris-chan, I am very pleased.
Equal parts Sonichu Chris-chan and Chris Rock, yeah. xd

Edit: Michael Crichton has passed away. crying Now who will give me my so-detailed-it's-almost-real sci-fi?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff